Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Campaign Feedback - August 2019

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Please use this official thread to share any and all MCC CAMPAIGN FEEDBACK.
  • MULTIPLAYER FEEDBACK can be provided HERE.
  • Misc/Other Feedback can be provided HERE.
If you encounter an issue or have a suggestion or general feedback related to MCC CAMPAIGN, please include as much detail as possible.
  • MCC HALO GAME: please specify which game within MCC you're providing feedback for
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: please be as detailed as possible.
  • REPRO STEPS: If it's a bug/issue, please provide the steps taken to reproduce this bug (if applicable)
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: If you have a screenshot, game clip, or other supporting material, please provide the link in your post.
Thank you
I’ve seen this posted before, but I would love to see some of the skulls from Halo CE and 2 (especially Bandanna) get added to Halo 3, ODST and 4. Same thing when Reach comes out :)
I recently saw GeneralKidd's video on the "Big Needler Handheld." It is essential a phantom equivalent of a scarab gun. Ya know, I always wanted a phantom gun since back on og Xbox, and it seems like it has similar coding to the scarab gun. Do you think you guys could just make a "Big_Needler_Handheld" skull on Halo 2 that behaves like the scarab skull? The weapon exists in the game files... Here is the video for proof: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8R6WsIT8QzI
Halo MCC is actually one of the best preforming halo games when it comes to story lore and the way it is told I remember the first time I played halo on the original Xbox and it was the first time I even heard of halo but it was so good I’m now drawn to anything related to halo. That’s why I believe that all halo games should be able to pull fans closer to characters within the game that’s what I believe 343 should stride to achieve and not make the mistake they made with halo 5. Don’t get me wrong brilliant game and all but MCC is better in every way.
I recently saw GeneralKidd's video on the "Big Needler Handheld." It is essential a phantom equivalent of a scarab gun. Ya know, I always wanted a phantom gun since back on og Xbox, and it seems like it has similar coding to the scarab gun. Do you think you guys could just make a "Big_Needler_Handheld" skull on Halo 2 that behaves like the scarab skull? The weapon exists in the game files... Here is the video for proof: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8R6WsIT8QzI
Would it be difficult to implement this?
If there is a way I want it to be part of the MCC game it is awesome but I think that if there is no legitimate way to get it then it’s probably accessible by mods it’s a shame it was never part of the remake game and if it is I can’t find the damn thing. But if someone was to implement this it would be relatively simple as the files are there so surly the asset is still there which means it just needs codes and a bit of scripting.
If there is a way I want it to be part of the MCC game it is awesome but I think that if there is no legitimate way to get it then it’s probably accessible by mods it’s a shame it was never part of the remake game and if it is I can’t find the damn thing. But if someone was to implement this it would be relatively simple as the files are there so surly the asset is still there which means it just needs codes and a bit of scripting.
Definitely is in the files, but they did not decide to add it yet. It's definitely possible if GeneralKidd can do it. By the way. In the files, the tag only exists in certain levels, such as Outskirts and Delta Halo
If anyone knows modding or if it was part of a new update I would play the game a lot more than I do now. It’s a shame it’s not in every lvl it would of been fun to use. If 343 revisits halo MCC they should finish the work and add it in for the sake of all halo players.
If anyone knows modding or if it was part of a new update I would play the game a lot more than I do now. It’s a shame it’s not in every lvl it would of been fun to use. If 343 revisits halo MCC they should finish the work and add it in for the sake of all halo players.
In QZ, there is also an identical weapon called "Phantom_turret_handheld." Maybe it was from one of the cut levels
This is why 343 may need to revisit games from past developments all this cut content is torture for it not being in the game. All cut content should be revisited and placed into all halo games as it would make for a more diverse experience and might improve the way players interact with the game. All this cut content why 343 why stop the torture please add in all cut content if not for missions maybe add it into multiplayer games as part of an update. The MCC game could most likely benefit from the cut content becoming available in game.
This is why 343 may need to revisit games from past developments all this cut content is torture for it not being in the game. All cut content should be revisited and placed into all halo games as it would make for a more diverse experience and might improve the way players interact with the game. All this cut content why 343 why stop the torture please add in all cut content if not for missions maybe add it into multiplayer games as part of an update. The MCC game could most likely benefit from the cut content becoming available in game.
Yeh if there is legit new content from Bungie at it's peak, then people will be interested in playing it. Halo 2 had a ridculous amount of cut weapons and content. Maybe there should be a cut content playlist of the cut halo 2 levels and sections of levels and cut weapons. There was a -Yoinking!- forerunner tank in the halo 2 files if that says anything to you.
Just put the cut content in classic graphics, and not many resources would be needed to implement it.
Cut Quarantine Zone would be the best
For the future, you can click 'Edit' on your posts to add additional info. Just saves things from getting a bit spammy. :)
For the future, you can click 'Edit' on your posts to add additional info. Just saves things from getting a bit spammy. :)
Thx
When Halo 3 and ODST come to PC, is there a chance the team can fix or improve the lag and frame rate drops that occur when you play co op campaign in either of the games above for both the Xbox and PC version? This one isn’t an MCC issue and was present back on the Xbox 360 version. My internet connection is amazing and I’m hard wired so everything is good on my end. In addition I tested this with myself and 3 other friends that are local to my area ( all within 5 miles of each other and we are all hard wired) and it doesn’t matter who is the host as lag and frame rate drops are common especially when their is a lot of action on the screen.
Halo MCC has improved so much to launch but I have a few things I would love to see in it that I don't have have been announced yet. This goes for generally all games.
-The original game's credits added in to the end of each campaign
-Ability to view terminal videos offline and not with the Halo App
-Changes to the mission thumbnails/description to be less spoilary (good example is the picture for the level Gravemind revealing what he looks like)
-The option to adjust audio mixing since it can hard to hear dialogue in the campaign over battle noise and sometimes music
Halo MCC has improved so much to launch but I have a few things I would love to see in it that I don't have have been announced yet. This goes for generally all games.
-Changes to the mission thumbnails/description to be less spoilary (good example is the picture for the level Gravemind revealing what he looks like)
-The option to adjust audio mixing since it can hard to hear dialogue in the campaign over battle noise and sometimes music
The first three things you mentioned I totally agree with. As for an audio mixer, the problem is that the mixing doesn't quite match the original games. It sounds more compressed for some reason, resulting in certain things sounding too loud or too quiet, or making individual sound effects (like the Halo 3 Battle Rifle firing sound effect) sound flatter and less distinct. The legacy titles had great sound mixing. MCC just needs to sound like it's supposed to.

Also, in addition to the point you made about the mission thumbnail images (which of course appear on the loading screens), I really wish there was an option for the original fully animated loading screens when playing the campaigns. ODST in particular would benefit from this immensely, given how the game loads every time you end a flashback mission and go back to "Mombasa Streets", and then loads again before the next mission. It's also a very atmospheric game, and I feel that the static image loading screens that MCC uses break immersion compared to the original screens that maintain the aesthetic of the game. The same goes for the other titles as well. The multiplayer loading screens are fine as they are.

I'd also like to see the original pause menus, or at least the original pause menu font and aesthetic, since the original menus may not have had all the same options as MCC's menus (I don't remember for sure).
Halo CE: Every Checkpoint or Loading on the Campaign it freezes for a split second
jmandude15 wrote:
The first three things you mentioned I totally agree with. As for an audio mixer, the problem is that the mixing doesn't quite match the original games. It sounds more compressed for some reason, resulting in certain things sounding too loud or too quiet, or making individual sound effects (like the Halo 3 Battle Rifle firing sound effect) sound flatter and less distinct. The legacy titles had great sound mixing. MCC just needs to sound like it's supposed to.

Also, in addition to the point you made about the mission thumbnail images (which of course appear on the loading screens), I really wish there was an option for the original fully animated loading screens when playing the campaigns. ODST in particular would benefit from this immensely, given how the game loads every time you end a flashback mission and go back to "Mombasa Streets", and then loads again before the next mission. It's also a very atmospheric game, and I feel that the static image loading screens that MCC uses break immersion compared to the original screens that maintain the aesthetic of the game. The same goes for the other titles as well. The multiplayer loading screens are fine as they are.

I'd also like to see the original pause menus, or at least the original pause menu font and aesthetic, since the original menus may not have had all the same options as MCC's menus (I don't remember for sure).
Totally agree with you. Having the original loading screens would actually fix my issue with the thumbnails having spoilers because whenever I want to get people into Halo, I'll just tell them not to look at the mission thumbnails and descriptions. Of course, I highly doubt any of this will happen since 343 is focusing on bigger things for the game, but it would still be cool.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3