Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Campaign Feedback - August 2019

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
jmandude15 wrote:
Halo MCC has improved so much to launch but I have a few things I would love to see in it that I don't have have been announced yet. This goes for generally all games.
-The original game's credits added in to the end of each campaign
-Ability to view terminal videos offline and not with the Halo App
-Changes to the mission thumbnails/description to be less spoilary (good example is the picture for the level Gravemind revealing what he looks like)
-The option to adjust audio mixing since it can hard to hear dialogue in the campaign over battle noise and sometimes music
The first three things you mentioned I totally agree with. As for an audio mixer, the problem is that the mixing doesn't quite match the original games. It sounds more compressed for some reason, resulting in certain things sounding too loud or too quiet, or making individual sound effects (like the Halo 3 Battle Rifle firing sound effect) sound flatter and less distinct. The legacy titles had great sound mixing. MCC just needs to sound like it's supposed to.

Also, in addition to the point you made about the mission thumbnail images (which of course appear on the loading screens), I really wish there was an option for the original fully animated loading screens when playing the campaigns. ODST in particular would benefit from this immensely, given how the game loads every time you end a flashback mission and go back to "Mombasa Streets", and then loads again before the next mission. It's also a very atmospheric game, and I feel that the static image loading screens that MCC uses break immersion compared to the original screens that maintain the aesthetic of the game. The same goes for the other titles as well. The multiplayer loading screens are fine as they are.

I'd also like to see the original pause menus, or at least the original pause menu font and aesthetic, since the original menus may not have had all the same options as MCC's menus (I don't remember for sure).
Totally agree with you. Having the original loading screens would actually fix my issue with the thumbnails having spoilers because whenever I want to get people into Halo, I'll just tell them not to look at the mission thumbnails and descriptions. Of course, I highly doubt any of this will happen since 343 is focusing on bigger things for the game, but it would still be cool.
The audio stuff could potentially be dealt with sooner as part of their work to bring the games to PC, similar to how they're improving some issues with Halo CE, but the other stuff could come later after more serious things are dealt with.

Also, if mod support comes to PC (more a matter of when, really), and if console players can have access to some of those mods, it's possible the community could implement these kinds of things, if 343 doesn't that is. Console players having access to PC mods has not at all been confirmed, but it's something I'm very much hoping for, and something other games have done before.

Having thought about the loading screen thing a bit, it would actually be nice to have an option to boot up Halo 2 classic (and Halo CE classic for that matter) without the anniversary graphics switching feature, as the original Xbox version of Halo 2 didn't have any loading screens in the campaign from what I recall. You got a loading screen when you first loaded up any mission from the main menu (or resumed), but after that, the game seamlessly transitioned from one mission to the next. In fact, when I first played Halo 2, I remember thinking missions like "Delta Halo" and "Regret" or "Sacred Icon" and "Quarantine Zone" were actually one mission, due to the lack of loading screens. Being able to launch Halo 2 classic without being tethered to the anniversary graphics could dramatically reduce loading times. Even if it doesn't eliminate them completely, like in legacy Halo 2, it could go a long way toward preserving the flow of the original game from one mission to the next.
Hello,
Im sending this email to ask one question... why in the MCC is there no look inversion option. Being able to change that has always been in previous Halo installments, and you can’t expect players to adapt to this so easily if they’ve used it their entire lives. Not that I’m a game dev. but I imagine it takes no time to put something so simple into a game. I hope this will be added to the game soon.
Hello,
Im sending this email to ask one question... why in the MCC is there no look inversion option. I hope this will be added to the game soon.
There is a look inversion option in the controller settings.
Game: Halo 3 ODST
Feature: Scoring skulls

Could it be possible to add the two following skulls to the ODST title?
- Anger
- Recession
I dont think adding them would cause any issues to the speedruns or the gameplay in general
  • MCC HALO GAME: halo 2 anniversary
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: some guns and vehicles have half cutting shadow effect throught out whole game. I've notice that carbine and fuel loads have weird shadow on their stock depending on light. Just play high charity mission then move around and see stock of gun. Some Phantom also have these problem. I've seen one phantom that drop 2 hunters in prophet of regret mission has weird shadow effect.
  • I think xbox one x enhanced cause this problem because i didn't notice this before. I hope 343 fix this when they release mcc on pc
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 2 Anniversary
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: The game saves mission progress incorrectly, I was playing coop (over Xbox live both on Xbox One X) with a friend we were playing Delta Halo, Legendary, Scoring ON, and multiple Skulls on, after breaking through many over powered sections at the length of 1 hour and 9 minutes we got disconnected for an unknown network error (It can happen between our connections but no so common since the Xbox One era, nowadays it only happens when the game net code is faulty e. g. BTHC: BL2) we tried to resume the mission only to discover the game did not save progress...
remove all achievements that require legendary difficulty
This glitch has been in effect since MCC launched in 2014 I believe. It doesn't effect gameplay, it's purely visual. In Halo 4 campaign, when you pick a Promethean weapon it plays an animation of it forming together. This animation is only supposed to play when you pick up the weapon for the first time, not every single time. Again, it's not game breaking or anything. Just pointing out that this isn't how it was in Halo 4 for Xbox 360.
Goggs25 wrote:
remove all achievements that require legendary difficulty
Don't do this
jmandude15 wrote:
Halo MCC has improved so much to launch but I have a few things I would love to see in it that I don't have have been announced yet. This goes for generally all games.
-Changes to the mission thumbnails/description to be less spoilary (good example is the picture for the level Gravemind revealing what he looks like)
-The option to adjust audio mixing since it can hard to hear dialogue in the campaign over battle noise and sometimes music
The first three things you mentioned I totally agree with. As for an audio mixer, the problem is that the mixing doesn't quite match the original games. It sounds more compressed for some reason, resulting in certain things sounding too loud or too quiet, or making individual sound effects (like the Halo 3 Battle Rifle firing sound effect) sound flatter and less distinct. The legacy titles had great sound mixing. MCC just needs to sound like it's supposed to.

Also, in addition to the point you made about the mission thumbnail images (which of course appear on the loading screens), I really wish there was an option for the original fully animated loading screens when playing the campaigns. ODST in particular would benefit from this immensely, given how the game loads every time you end a flashback mission and go back to "Mombasa Streets", and then loads again before the next mission. It's also a very atmospheric game, and I feel that the static image loading screens that MCC uses break immersion compared to the original screens that maintain the aesthetic of the game. The same goes for the other titles as well. The multiplayer loading screens are fine as they are.

I'd also like to see the original pause menus, or at least the original pause menu font and aesthetic, since the original menus may not have had all the same options as MCC's menus (I don't remember for sure).
Another thing is the audio bug with the classic music on halo 2 and the sounds there very quiet also need to implement halo ce original graphics and sounds. I’ve been a halo fan for a long time they really need to fix the audio bugs and graphic bugs one more thing is all the elites in the halo 2 classic cutscenes there faces are glitched and that really bothers me.
- Dual-wielding Elites in H2C/H2A
- Change the way H2C Skulls currently way in MCC. Back in the original Xbox, if you took one of them you instantly get its effect, so that they could be used to enhance difficulty while in game or things like that. As this game tries to be as close as possible to the original version, undoubtedly it must be changed.
- Fix LASO playlist (applies to all Halo games); I'm unable to play with my friend within Xbox Live.

Those are the most important problems that features MCC's campaign at the moment. Please, correct them as soon as possible, they've been like that for a long time.
In my opinion everything is perfect this month. Good job 343 :)
  • MCC HALO GAME: All Games
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: 0 point for scoring after x time of deaths
  • REPRO STEPS: While scoring activated, the scoring doesn't work 100 %. After x time of deaths, you can't earn more point for each kills. You'll get 0 points.
  • MCC HALO GAME: All Games
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: 0 point for scoring after x time of deaths
  • REPRO STEPS: While scoring activated, the scoring doesn't work 100 %. After x time of deaths, you can't earn more point for each kills. You'll get 0 points.
That is probably due to the timer and not deaths. After you double a missions par time you no longer receive points for kills.
jmandude15 wrote:

Holy the loading screen thing is something i didnt even think about. just for the sake of nostalgia i really want to see the Halo Ce loading screen right now.
I made a post but no one saw I guess so I'll make it here. There should be a setting that adds small amounts of the original trilogy content to each of the games that was either removed or not included at the time, for example, live, dead, and reanimations for flood to 1 and 2, and Brute combat forms to Halo 2. As well as removed guns such as the Brute Plasma rifle to be given back to the brutes in Halo 3, and guns like the Spiker and Mauler to be given the Brutes in Halo 2, and maybe usable energy swords and fuel rods in CE?

As I said though this should be a setting so we can still play the older games completely classic, but seeing as how things are present in Reach which comes before all the games, would be cool to see, as well as the flood being able to behave more like flood for previous titles, and just to overall fill up all the inconsistencies within the titles.
In Halo 2 MCC, Elites still do not dual wield and skull effects do not activate on pickup. I also feel as though snipers on legendary are slightly less aggressive than on the original Xbox version. Please fix. The game has been out for about 5 years, and Halo 2's port still is not as it shipped 15 years ago.
Hi, I'm not sure anybody noticed, but when I was playing a level, Halo 2A Uprising, some Brutes used human shotguns when encountering them after exiting the first Forerunner building.
Hi, I'm not sure anybody noticed, but when I was playing a level, Halo 2A Uprising, some Brutes used human shotguns when encountering them after exiting the first Forerunner building.
I think is not a error, it always has been like this.
Yoddha900 wrote:
I think is not a error, it always has been like this.
Correct. The Brutes are supposed to be using shotguns here. In fact, there's a room near the very end of the mission where the Brutes have stockpiled various weapons, including several UNSC weapons. If you have Elites with you at this point, one of them will often comment on the Brutes' poor taste in weaponry.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3