Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Campaign Feedback - February 2019

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Please use this official thread to share any and all MCC CAMPAIGN FEEDBACK.
  • MULTIPLAYER FEEDBACK can be provided HERE.
  • Misc/Other Feedback can be provided HERE.
If you encounter an issue or have a suggestion or general feedback related to MCC CAMPAIGN, please include as much detail as possible.
  • MCC HALO GAME: please specify which game within MCC you're providing feedback for
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: please be as detailed as possible.
  • REPRO STEPS: If it's a bug/issue, please provide the steps taken to reproduce this bug (if applicable)
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: If you have a screenshot, game clip, or other supporting material, please provide the link in your post.
Thank you
I really like the addition of the new skulls to the Halo 1 campaign! I've been playing this thing for like 16 years, and now all this has let me make new challenges for myself, and this is AWESOME!

I do have one minor quibble with it:

I'm not sure why the Ghost skull doesn't increase your score multiplier. I'm playing through on legendary with a bunch of skulls on, including that one (for the record, Mythic, Fog, Anger, That's Just Wrong, Thunderstorm, Tough Luck, and Ghost), and the inability to stagger enemies is hands down the thing that is giving me the most trouble out of all of that. The fact that enemies continue to shoot under fire makes them significantly harder to dispatch safely. Even grunts actually start to become dangerous with this on due to how aggressive their AI can be, and the fact that you have to damage race them and stuff, rather than being able to stun lock them. The Ghost skull makes the game a LOT harder (In a good way!): becaue of this, I think it definitely warrants increasing your score.

There's also a bug that I noticed that I've never seen before. I'm unsure if it's new to this patch or has existed previously, but now covenant dropships' gun shots seem to come from the center of the ship rather than the gun turret. I've seen this happen on the level Halo, playing with the above mentioned skulls on (though I don't know if that has anything to do with it).
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 2
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Crash on "Oracle" Level
  • REPRO STEPS: At the first mid-level cutscene where you meet the Heretic, I and my online co-op partner crash to menu
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: This has been reproducible since attempting after the November update, don't know where it was introduced. Each update that states crashed in Halo 2 are addressed we go back and retry only to crash again. I have a Twitch Clip catching the crash during a stream: https://www.twitch.tv/bearded_tangent/clip/VibrantSoftWerewolfGingerPower
Also, I submitted feedback in the Xbox dashboard (again).

Unfortunately this has stopped our progress as I am playing with a person who never played any of the Halo games and we are trying to go through them all.
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Elites only dual wield in one specific level for me and my friends that play the game as well, not sure if others are still having this issue since it was stated that this was fixed in the MCC. Although its a minor detail that i'm sure that most people don't notice and it might not be a big impact for them I noticed and it kinda impacts gameplay to an extent.
OhAlvarez wrote:
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Elites only dual wield in one specific level for me and my friends that play the game as well, not sure if others are still having this issue since it was stated that this was fixed in the MCC. Although its a minor detail that i'm sure that most people don't notice and it might not be a big impact for them I noticed and it kinda impacts gameplay to an extent.
This one is a known issue, it's on the Trello board
https://trello.com/c/XMKdlVgb/42-elites-not-dual-wielding
Game: Halo Ce
Issue: Plasma pistol - overdrive sound while shooting
Description: Normally when you shoot with the plasma pistol and the heat charge reach 75% of the bar , you hear an overdrive sound that disapear after a short period of time (1 sec~). But on any difficulty and any mission, sometimes the overdrive sound effect stay more than it should usually be (with any available plasma pistol left by the enemy).

Notes I: Its seem that issue is only occuring when the player set the music at "Remastered"

Game: Halo 3 - mission "Cortana"
Issue : Flood stalker form - AI does not attack the player or move
Description: When the player walk across the generator room, there is normally flood stalkers spawning before and after rescuing cortana. It appear that at both moment most of these stalkers form does not move, does not attack and does not run away when the player is firing at them.

Note I: I have tried on different difficulties, attacked them with different weapons and re-launched the mission several times, same result
  • MCC HALO GAME: All
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: I'm loving all the recent additions, modern aiming, and new skulls in CE. My only remaining wish would be the inclusion of customization options for campaign playlists, either to edit skulls, difficulty, or (ideally) missions and order themselves. The inclusion of ODST for a big chronological playlist would be my ideal wish.
Two Campaign Bugs I have encountered since the game launched,

On the last mission of halo 2 the wraith at the end, right before the scarab is about to shoot open the door, is always flipped over with a brute standing on top.

In the beginning of the ark in halo 3, If you look at the soldiers on the pelican before you drop, their faces look white as bone in places. Always thought this was a weird lighting issue that almost makes them look like skeletons.
Really happy to see the Halo: CE Classic “mouth movement” bug got fixed. Thanks 343!
Did some parts of the campaign get deleted (not levels of the campaign parts of them)
MCC Game: Halo CE, on regular Xbox One (not X)
Feedback: The music seems to be insanely loud in comparison to sound effects and voice. I think that if it's like this on purpose, then there should be an option with two settings: one to balance it so it's more like Halo 3's general balance, the other so it's like it is now. (That or individual sliders like in Halo 5, but I feel like that'd be asking far too much over a simple issue.) Otherwise, I think the game needs to just be tuned so the contrast between voices/sounds and music is not so huge.
Repro: Have your speakers set to low. Start a game with default settings on any difficulty (I was on Heroic). Get to a point where music is not playing, and turn your volume up so that sounds and voices are at a comfortable level. Proceed to get totally blown out when music starts up next.

I did a quick Google to see if others have this problem and it's apparently either a subjective thing entirely or inconsistent between consoles; I cannot tell which, or if both of these things are true. I can get a recording to further make my case if need be.
I have posted this before in the Achievements topic but i now believe that it is more of a campaign glitch/issue.

MCC Game: Halo 3: ODST
Issue: The Audio logs have stopped working and i can not activate the last 5 in New Mombasa Streets.
Feedback: I have carried out on multiple occasions to collect all 29 audio logs in New Mombasa Streets. I am 100% confident that I have activated 24 audio logs as I can replay 24 logs and this also is inline with my achievements.

I have used multiple sites to help me find all 29 logs again and again. (They even had screenshots and videos of the exact log so that I knew exactly that I had found them). Through multiple play throughs hunting all 29 logs none of the 29 logs are making any sound/animation, do not highlight up yellow when using VISR and I do not get the option to press the action button on all 29.

I have tried restarting the mission at different rally points and even completing flashback missions that then re-enter me back into the streets as the Rookie and I still can not activate them. The really annoying part is that as you can activate them in random order i will never know which exact ones I will have to find (if the glitch is fixed), and will have to search all 29 again (which would be the 5th time searching!).

Please help me.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I think some parts of the campaign in halo CE were deleted like one part in the snow level
I think some parts of the campaign in halo CE were deleted like one part in the snow level
What makes you think this? Nothing from any campaign has been deleted
stckrboy wrote:
What makes you think this? Nothing from any campaign has been deleted
It just seemed shorter at the part where you drive the warthog in the snow level
In the halo 3 mission the covenant if you kill a scarab with a hornet it will disappear then reappear really quick
Add all original skulls to LASO playlists
Halo 1 add Bandanna
Halo 2 add Envy

it it really isn’t that hard to grasp that these were included in the original mythic challenge for these two games so why exclude them. How do you guys expect solo players to complete 1 and 2 without dying without these skulls. I would like see someone on the master chief collection team at 343 attempt LASO solo and see how they would do.
Bug: Halo 2 anniversary. There is no audio at all when playing co-op. There is cinematics audio and also audio if you go into menus, but no in gameplay audio.

This affects Xbox x and Xbox s, across LAN, Wan or local. Fresh game installs don’t help and neither does hard resets on the Xbox. Tried it on 11 Xbox’s so far and same result. Also, tried a ton of various sound options and speaker systems, tvs and headphones.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4