Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Campaign Feedback - February 2019

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
hey guys, another achievement unlock issue here:

Game: MCC (Halo 2)
Issue: Multiple Achievments did not unlock
Missing Achievement List:
-Big Green Style (every level on easy)
-Warrior (every level on normal)
-Hero (every level on heroic)
-Legendary Anniversary (every level on legendary)
-The Arbiter (complete the arbiter)

Details:
I've been running through the Halo games again on Legendary and I figured MCC would be a good way to do that. I kept the same 3 skulls on throughout Halo 2 and they were each x1.00 multipliers (IWHBYD, Grunt B-day, and Prophet B-day) so it has nothing to do with the skulls. After reading back when I first noticed this issue, I saw that some people had simply waited, hard reset, or beat the entire game for specific level achievements to unlock. Unfortunately, this did not work for me. In the MCC menu for Halo 2 it does show the Legendary emblem for beating the level on Legendary, but it sort've sucks to grind through on Solo Legendary and not see the achievements pop up.
I don't entirely mind replaying that one level if you can't fix the problem, but I'd rather not do it again if the same issue is going to occur.
My Issue started with the latest update.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 4 Possibly others
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: I was working my way through the MCC campaigns, I was close to being finished before the last update. After the last update all campaigns show finished although I never did. My achievement list shows 95% finished "Veteran: complete all campaigns on Normal difficulty" and 82% finished "War Hero: Complete all campaigns on heroic difficulty" I am 75% finished on the Halo 4 campaign achievement "Wake up, John: Halo 4: Complete every level of the game on Normal difficulty."
  • REPRO STEPS: Restarted Game, Hard Reset Xbox
I would like to see how I can finish the campaigns for real and get the achievements for completing the games. Thanks!
    • MCC HALO GAME:HALO2&HALO3
    • ISSUE/FEEDBACK:Please add subtitles to the game to help people with hearing impairment
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 2
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: The lights on the enemy's armor can be viewed through walls at a distance. I can't recall if this was present in the original Halo 2. If it was I think it should say for authenticity. This may be something from Halo 2 Vista only as well.
  • REPRO STEPS: N/A
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: Recorded clip. I swap between the old and new graphics to show this is not the case in the Anniversary graphics.
DDXDB wrote:
    • ISSUE/FEEDBACK:Please add subtitles to the game to help people with hearing impairment
I play with subtitles on, it is in the settings.

Are you referring to cutscene subtitles or subtitles when playing normally?
JB Linken wrote:
DDXDB wrote:

I think it's during the game. It would be very helpful, especially when the audio is on a foreign language.
Truth and Reconciliation on Halo CE Remastered has rocks/bushes/trees that are smaller than the original graphics versions, therefore blocking shots at their edges with objects you can't see in the remaster. This occurs on the first ledge overlooking Covenant at the start of the mission as well as throughout the game.
HALO CE
ISSUE/FEEDBACK

Halo CE Mission 2 Halo three grunts aren't spawning and headings towards the crashed pod.

Halo CE The Covenant Drop ship shoot from there body no there turrets.

Halo CE The Elite in the 1st Mission Pillar of Autumn dose not play the knocking sound byte on the door.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 3 odst
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: when I select korean language, some character's mouth doesn't move correctly. but when I select english language their mouth working fine
  • REPRO STEPS: N/A
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5E6coa0Z3Y
  • 00:48 ~ 01:00. 16:03 ~ 16:28 look at their mouth and compare with english verison
Just played the mission the covenant and it started me in the middle of the level on the halo mcc playlist
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 2 (possibly all)
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Playing co-op campaign on one console. When activating a terminal it takes us to the Halo Channel.
    The Halo Channel or maybe the xbox menu asks who is signed in, but we only get the opportunity to confirm one profile. The video plays as normal in Halo Channel. After the video ends, MCC reloads and says that the session has ended because one person signed out. All level progress is lost, because there are no checkpoint saves for co-op.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: I have done this on two separate occasions, on two different x1's.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 2 (possibly all)
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: 2 player campaign co-op on same console. Both profiles are logged into xbox before launching MCC. Player 1 launches MCC. Player 1 sets up the game, then player 2 joins the fireteam/game sesssion. Player 2's gamertag is there, but you can tell the profile hasn't properly loaded because nameplate an emblem are default.
    Normally, I've seen this happen, and almost immediately it has some sort of syncing data pop up.
    This occasion, it did not happen, and we started our level anyhow.
    Once in the session, player 2's profile clearly had not loaded, and all controller settings were default - including look inversion.
    We tried to have player 2 go into the pause menu settings and change the look inversion. The settings menu seemed to allow it. However, the inversion control did not change we we actually started playing.
    Checked back into the settings menu, and the look inversion selection showed what we changed it to - but while playing it was not in effect.

Essentially - it seemed that because the profile didn't load properly prior to starting the level, no control settings changes would take effect in game.
the phantom with the hunters on regret despawn before dropping them off
JB Linken wrote:
DDXDB wrote:

Cutscene has subtitles, but no subtitles inside the game
halo 3 and halo 4 could use the bandana and boom skulls
Halo 3 OTST is one of my favorite campaigns. the story line is as, if not more exiting and concrete as halo 5. but, the SMG and AR don't do enough damage. It's so annoying to use a clip and a half of ammo to kill a brute. I say that ether the clip-size or the damage should be increased on both. thank you.
the audio went quiet in gravmind in the hall way just before the lift
MCC Game: Halo CE, Halo 2, Halo 3
Issue: Horrible Lag when playing Coop
Anytime me and my friend try to play campaign coop the second player always gets horrible lag. Eventually the lag gets so bad the second player just lags out. Doesnt affect the host however. No idea why its happening but its been happening basically since MCC released. Also is there a reason why when one player dies in Halo 2 COOP that it resets to the last checkpoint, instead of just respawning the other player when its safe like Halo CE and Halo 3. I should add that the resetting to last checkpoint only happens on Legendary
DDXDB wrote:
JB Linken wrote:
DDXDB wrote:

Cutscene has subtitles, but no subtitles inside the game
subtitles should definately be in the gameplay as well. Should help both hearing impaired, 2nd language and kids with no headset
Also is there a reason why when one player dies in Halo 2 COOP that it resets to the last checkpoint, instead of just respawning the other player when its safe like Halo CE and Halo 3. I should add that the resetting to last checkpoint only happens on Legendary
The original Halo 2 game did the same thing on legendary. It's a normal behaviour.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 4
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: When starting the mission "Infinity", the game crashes at the level loading screen and backs out to the dashboard.
  • REPRO STEPS: Reset game, Xbox One hard reset
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4