MCC Campaign Feedback - January

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
Please use this official thread to share any and all MCC CAMPAIGN FEEDBACK.
  • MULTIPLAYER FEEDBACK can be provided HERE.
  • Misc/Other Feedback can be provided HERE
If you encounter an issue or have a suggestion or general feedback related to MCC CAMPAIGN, please include as much detail as possible.
  • MCC HALO GAME: please specify which game within MCC you're providing feedback for
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: please be as detailed as possible.
  • REPRO STEPS: If it's a bug/issue, please provide the steps taken to reproduce this bug (if applicable)
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: If you have a screenshot, game clip, or other supporting material, please provide the link in your post.
Thank you
I have something to bring to the attention of Sean Cooper and the rest of the MCC team. There are some lines/quotes missing from some of the characters during gameplay in Halo 2 campaign on MCC that I'm only hearing on the original Xbox Halo 2 release back in 2004. Here are the missing:

For Johnson

• "I knew we were friends, but "DANG."" when you give him a better weapon (I don't swear).
  • "You okay with this, Cortana?".
  • "I ain't gonna complain.".
  • "Now that..is some love.".
  • "Take the safety off, fool!".
  • "Do I got to sign for this?" when you trade for a fair weapon.
  • "Where'd this come from, Chief?".
  • "Heh, fine by me.".
  • "Hey, you makin' a sammich? Well make me one too!" when you stare at him.
  • "Funny, Cortana. Now turn him back on.".
  • "Take off your helmet, I wanna see what you look like.".
For Corporal Perez the marine (Tim Dadabo)

• "Hey, you're happy, I'm happy!" when you give him a better weapon.
  • "You sure you want to give this up, man?".
  • "Let me know when you want it back. Okay?".
  • "Yeah, lucky me." when you give him a sucky weapon to replace his better weapon.
  • "Hang on, Sir. That ain't right."
  • "Aww man!".
  • "Aw man! Come on!".
  • "Heh. Lucky me!".
  • "Hey. Thanks a lot, Chief!".
  • "Heh. Real good, Sir!".
  • "If that's fair!".
  • "Here, take this." when you trade for a fair weapon.
  • "Here. Here you go.".
  • "Not a problem, amigo.".
  • "Not a problem.".
  • "Not a problem, ono.".
  • "Chief, hello?" when you stare at him.
  • "So...I'm gonna go now, okay?".
  • "Hey, that ain't helping, Sir!" when you injure him
  • "Focus, Chief. Come on." (also said if you killed an ally marine)
For the David Cross marine

• "You know, this reminds me of the time I got herpes." when you give him a sucky weapon to replace his better weapon.
  • What the "heck" was that for?".
  • "Okay, I see how it is. I was just too good.".
  • "Well, at least I can always shoot myself.".
  • "No, no that's fine! You're the hero!".
  • "Hey, guys. You want to let Cortana do the thinking?".
  • "Oh, everybody likes you.".
  • "Oh, you are good.".
  • "Ow! That one went in." when you injure him.
  • "Ow!".
  • "Hey, hey, hey, it's not a garden hose!" (also said if you killed an ally marine).
  • "Hey, Chief. Could you at least pretend to aim?".
  • "MY FACE! My beautiful face!".
  • "Hey, Chief. Could you turn down the suck a little bit?".
For Chips Dubbo

• "Hey, I thought we were mates, Chief!" when you give him a sucky weapon to replace his better weapon.
  • "I guess I should be glad you asked.".
Repro steps: If you tested between these two versions, you'll find that these dialogues are missing from MCC and should be on it.
CANCELLED
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

• MCC HALO GAME: Silent Cartographer - Halo CE
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: End cutscene - master chief out of the pelican
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: During the end of the Silent Cartographer, if the player enter in the pelican and leave it just before the cutscene, we can see the pelican leaving master chief behind. For fix this issue, i would reccomend to make the player wait the pelican completely land (it should not affect any legendary speedrun) for prevent any trigger glitch on the game and make the player unable to leave the pelican once entering the vehicule.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

• MCC HALO GAME: Pillar of Autumn - Halo CE
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Tutorial - Difficulty Easy and Normal
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: If the player start Pillar of Autumn on Easy or Normal difficulty, they will be obligated to go trough the Tutorial. However, if the player start on Heroic or Legendary difficulty, they skip the Tutorial. I understand the need to put a Tutorial on Easy difficulty, but is it necessary to put it on Normal difficulty? Is it possible to remove the Tutorial from this difficulty or at least give to the player the option to skip it?
•Campaign- halo 2

I dont know if its just me but the overall soundtrack for halo 2 classic seems to sound lower than the anniversary soundtrack. Is there a possibility that the music in classic halo 2 could have its volume raised? Or have a music volume option or all the games? It would be appreciated.
For Halo CE, there are some competitive time triggers that seem to be loaded with the enemy spawns. This breaks the competitive timer for Assault on the Control Room.

Steps to reproduce: Start AotCR in any difficulty, competitive timer on. play through normally until the first bridge. Drop down from the bridge or steal the banshee in legendary. From this moment on, competitive timer doesn’t progress.

ive also noticed fairly recently that if you switch from classic to anniversary and back in Truth and Reconsiliation, classic gold elites will still be holding anniversary swords. It’s possible that the elite spawned while it was in anniversary graphics because if there are multiple sword elites, not all of them experience this bug. Play through T&R on legendary and get to the belly fight normally. At the first opportunity, sneak past the doors as a wave comes in in the direction that the level progresses later. You can wait in this location while all of the waves spawn in without being detected. During this time switch the graphics style. Once the music changes, there should be a number of sword elites in the belly room, usually at least one of them will show this behavior.
I have found an issue on the level 'The Oracle" on the Halo 2 campaign in the Master Chief Collection. When I attempt the par score achievement, I am unable to get it. This happens on every difficulty except Easy. I have mostly attempted it on Heroic and Legendary, and the game always crashes at the cut-scene in which the Heretic Leader runs through the shield door just before the player must cut the cables to send the installation into the sandstorm. I have about 9 Legendary attempts and 5 Heroic attempts that have all resulted in the same bug. I would love to be able to get this achievement, and finish this level. I'm afraid the same problem will occur while playing playlists for the game as well. Thanks for your time.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo: Combat Evolved
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: [NOTE: I'm playing in 4K] The bushes and leafs of the trees do a weird sort of rendering pop-in in The Truth and Reconciliation level in classic graphics.
  • REPRO STEPS: Turn on classic graphics and walk sided to side while looking at bushes and tree leafs.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: Unfortunately the rendering issue doesn't show up in my captured gameplay for some reason (may be 4k related) so you'll have to look at the same plants in the same manner as I do in person. Video https://youtu.be/AT3S5bKSJk8?t=14
In halo ce:
Flood carrier forms no longer turn the targeting reticule red
Spirit drop ships no longer fire from their turret, the shots come form another location
Halo 2
In the final mission when you fly to the control room the last two wraiths that spawn: The one on the right flips over.
In halo ce:
Spirit drop ships no longer fire from their turret, the shots come form another location
Halo 2
In the final mission when you fly to the control room the last two wraiths that spawn: The one on the right flips over.
The Wraith that flips (with the inactive and unarmed brute on top of it lol ) is a problem carried over from the pc version if i am correct even the classic xbox version wich basicly means its a classic (jk) but would be nice to have that fixed.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Campaign - Halo CE and Halo 2
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Non scoring Skull - increasing allies health and shield
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: Some of us like to play a mission and keep our AI allies alive until the end of the mission (particularly during the arbiter missions on halo 2 anniversary). It could be interesting to create a skull similar to "mythic" that have the same effect on the player allies.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

• MCC HALO GAME: Silent Cartographer - Halo CE
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: End cutscene - master chief out of the pelican
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: During the end of the Silent Cartographer, if the player enter in the pelican and leave it just before the cutscene, we can see the pelican leaving master chief behind. For fix this issue, i would reccomend to make the player wait the pelican completely land (it should not affect any legendary speedrun) for prevent any trigger glitch on the game and make the player unable to leave the pelican once entering the vehicule.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

• MCC HALO GAME: Pillar of Autumn - Halo CE
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Tutorial - Difficulty Easy and Normal
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: If the player start Pillar of Autumn on Easy or Normal difficulty, they will be obligated to go trough the Tutorial. However, if the player start on Heroic or Legendary difficulty, they skip the Tutorial. I understand the need to put a Tutorial on Easy difficulty, but is it necessary to put it on Normal difficulty? Is it possible to remove the Tutorial from this difficulty or at least give to the player the option to skip it?
seconnd issiue is like my previous post a problem carried over by og halo Ce/ halo windows/ aniversary would be nice to get that fixed... ( to be honest i dont know what 343 rules on old bugs and glitches is i mean stuff liek this could be considered classic etc since it was always like this and the more serious problem with many of these gltiches and bugs is for example many speedrunners use them would be nice to get an anwswer from 343 ) The third issiue is simmilar.... since it was like this in og Halo CE changeing that would be kinda change the game as it was If it was for me to be honest i would include it on all difficulties since the "dramatic" death of the officer is like a bit of the story missing on heroic but again that would change the game. BTW the nessesity of a Tutorial for the normal difficutly for my interpretation is ok . I see it as follows : Easy is basicly for those who are inexperienced with controllers or FPS Normal is for those who can play with controllers and maybe even have played some fps but basicly are playing halo for the first time ( the turtorial acustoms the player with some basic controlls helps him set up his preffered aim stick method and explaines the function of shields ) heroic i would say is basicly "Normal" for Bungie as they often written in the description that it is the difficulty halos is supposed to be played on. It offers even for more experienced players a fair chalange while giving the player enough freedom to basicly use the strategy he likes most. And Legendary is basicly for those who search for a beating , often punishing the player with dead for even slight mistakes.
In halo ce:
Halo 2
The Wraith that flips (with the inactive and unarmed brute on top of it lol ) is a problem carried over from the pc version if i am correct even the classic xbox version wich basicly means its a classic (jk) but would be nice to have that fixed.
It wasn't in the xbox version.
Also in halo 2:
Grunt birthday party skull does not function properly. It functions like it's halo 3 counterpart. The halo 2 Grunt Birthday Party Skull is supposed to turn head shots into plasma grenade explosions. If necessary you guys can add a "Classic Grunt Birthday Party Skull" that has the original halo 2 Grunt Birthday Party Skull effect.
Halo 3: The second skull in the level Cortana spawns and rolls off the ledge into an unreachable pit. That needs to be fixed too.
Halo ce: Doesn't have the original heads up display or sound effects.

General update feedback: Hello 343 I personally request that for the next update you guys really really focus in on the campaigns. They have actually degraded a little during your blitz of new MCC updates. I understand focusing on improving the MP side of halo and adding new features, but I really feel that for at least one update the campaigns need to feel the love. Please fix bugs that appeared in the PC releases, Please fix the bugs that are new to the MCC. Thanks for all the hard work you guys have put into improving the MCC! I really respect it. I will actually state here that I will purchase a copy of halo infinite when it releases because my trust in your company has been restored.
•Campaign- halo 2

I dont know if its just me but the overall soundtrack for halo 2 classic seems to sound lower than the anniversary soundtrack. Is there a possibility that the music in classic halo 2 could have its volume raised? Or have a music volume option or all the games? It would be appreciated.
i would love that music volume option i mean for menü music we got one :D But The music to gamesound ratio is right as it should be ( i am sure its the same to the pc version and it should be the same to xbox version if i remember right ). Concerning the Aniversary Soundtrack jeah when you switch between often the aniversary soundtrack is "louder" but i think it has more to do with that it is an different Track thats probably played louder or something of that kind ( i mean simply compare for example bouth tracks in the mission arbiter where you fly the banshee the track itself is clearly played louder )
In halo ce:
Halo 2
It wasn't in the xbox version.
Also in halo 2:
Grunt birthday party skull does not function properly. It functions like it's halo 3 counterpart. The halo 2 Grunt Birthday Party Skull is supposed to turn head shots into plasma grenade explosions. If necessary you guys can add a "Classic Grunt Birthday Party Skull" that has the original halo 2 Grunt Birthday Party Skull effect.
Halo 3: The second skull in the level Cortana spawns and rolls off the ledge into an unreachable pit. That needs to be fixed too.
Halo ce: Doesn't have the original heads up display or sound effects.

General update feedback: Hello 343 I personally request that for the next update you guys really really focus in on the campaigns. They have actually degraded a little during your blitz of new MCC updates. I understand focusing on improving the MP side of halo and adding new features, but I really feel that for at least one update the campaigns need to feel the love. Please fix bugs that appeared in the PC releases, Please fix the bugs that are new to the MCC. Thanks for all the hard work you guys have put into improving the MCC! I really respect it. I will actually state here that I will purchase a copy of halo infinite when it releases because my trust in your company has been restored.
The halo ce thing as far as i know is in works of 343 ( i think this too was carried over from aniversary edition as other problems like the lower framerate in cutscenes and that we arent able to change mid cutscenes graphics or classic/aniversary music ingame were to carried over )
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 2 Aniversary
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Effects on plasma weapons to strong/ blinding the player
  • REPRO STEPS: take a plasma rifle and use it in different light conditions
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: The muzzle blast with plasma weapons like the plasma rifles are to strong to the point where it is hindering the player of aiming and keeping track on targets in comparasion classic graphics give the player fairly clear sight on target
AnNoYiNgSoUnDXx - Please don't post multiple time in a row. If you need to add more information or quote other users, you can edit your last post. Thanks
MCC Halo 3
Issue: Skulls not appearing on normal difficulty in multiple levels
Retro: Starting levels from beginning and still skulls not appearing

It's possible they are spawning in the air and falling somewhere but there's been multiple I've looked for and haven't found (where they should be).
Halo Combat Evolved the Covenant Drop Ships the guns are off they shoot from inside the drop ship in the middle. When they are supposed to be in the back in the middle.
I'm trying to play halo 4 but any time I try to resume my campaign (Requium) it only loads background and particle effects then the game stays that way, I can access the start menu and save and quit but not move or press any other buttons any time I try to resume the campaign it will not load properly. Tried to delete the save data after a hard reset and it didn't help. I have also noticed that when I save and exit the halo 4 campaign it loads me back into the halo CE menu even though I do not have that game installed. Very frustrating to say the least, haven't been able to find anybody else with this problem online.
Probably a known issue but why are the multiplayer campaigns so incredibly laggy? With only two people each with >50Mb/s internet we are still incurring a ~0.5-1.0s lag for whoever is not hosting. Let alone trying with a third..
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 2
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Lightning / Color Glitch on Quaranteen Zone gondola
  • REPRO STEPS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q3vSiQNHYc&t=2s here is a Youtube vid the guy basicly explains evrything. ( If you not already are aware of him )
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5