Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Campaign Feedback - January

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 7
Just had another hard freeze on Halo 1 Anniversary.
I thought it was fixed but holding down the guide button to turn off the console or controller locks up the entire console when done on Assault on the Control Room.

Its repeatable and has happened to me dozens of times now.
So the Halo CE bugs from November weren't fixed or addressed as known issues, so I'll reiterate:

The CE terminals are bugged and play a second time after you close the Halo Channel. I'd honestly be okay with removing the channel altogether if it'd help the situation.

The Dropships fire their laser thing from way off the turret, like the shots come from the bottom of the arch, several meters off where it should be.

There's also a minor lighting bug that's very pronounced when playing in classic and switching to anniversary. Try playing silent cartographer from the start in classic, and when you get to the security sub-station, switch and look down the big shaft. When I've done that, the shadows only go partway down the shaft, the rest looked brightly lit, like the sun is shining onto it.

Well not the sun, Soell.

Crap, I'm a nerd.
Will the new skulls from the recent update in Halo CE effect the LASO playlist for Halo CE?
Will the new skulls from the recent update in Halo CE effect the LASO playlist for Halo CE?
New skulls do not get added to pre-existing LASO playlists as it would be unfair to old and new players alike.
Was hoping this would get patched w/ the January update, but no such luck.

MCC HALO GAME: Halo CE
ISSUE/FEEDBACK: The game crashes if you try to launch the LASO playlist. Obviously, that makes this achievement unattainable too. This has been an issue since (at least) the November update.
REPRO STEPS: I know this occurs on the X (w/ both resume or restart options). I can't say for sure about the standard xbox one, but I'd imagine it happens there too.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo Ce, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 4
  • SUGGESTION: Skulls - The player have to find the hidden skulls to use them

• SUGGESTION: Coop/Solo - An option that allow the player to display the score AND the time during a mission

• MCC HALO GAME: Halo 2
  • SUGGESTION: Energy sword - Change the current sword model present on the campaign with the model from the matchmaking
Is there a possibility the skulls now from Halo CE and 2 will get added to ODST, 3 and 4 in the future? Because there is a real lack of non-scoring skulls now for those games. Bandana especially would be fun to add in for all games... Another skull that could be fun (but I know it would make the campaign cheap to play through) would be a invulnerable non-scoring skull (god mode essentially) but obviously this should void any campaign achievements when this is on because it would ruin the challenge.
TKB Killer wrote:
MCC HALO GAME: Halo 2
ISSUE: Forced Respawn on Legendary Difficulty Coop
REPRODUCTION STEPS: Play any level on legendary with a friend and you will be forced to last checkpoint when you one of you dies.

This issue was in the original Halo 2 by design but I think it was a really bad design choice. Legendary has cool spawns and quirks that heroic with skulls does not live up to. Forced respawn really saps the fun for players who want to introduce their less experienced buddies to the Halo 2 campaign. If you could add a silver "skull" that disabled forced respawn on legendary, it would make a huge QOL difference for us Halo 2 fans.

Thank you for your efforts 343. You guys are making Halo the legacy it deserves :)
Another thing: You wouldn't even need to make a new skull to add this. The "bonded pair skull" is broken and doesn't even have an effect on Halo 2 legendary since you are forced to respawn on death anyway.

A bugfix to make bonded pair work on legendary would be even easier than adding a new skull from a software engineering perspective. That way, you wouldn't have to make any UI tweaks to fit a new skull into the menu :-)
Postums wrote:
New skulls do not get added to pre-existing LASO playlists as it would be unfair to old and new players alike.
Yay! I was timid about LASO before, and the new skulls would have kept me from it completely.
Dual wielding elite are gone entirely since day 1. Any way to give them back the ability ?
Especially the dual needler elite
•Campaign- halo 2

I dont know if its just me but the overall soundtrack for halo 2 classic seems to sound lower than the anniversary soundtrack. Is there a possibility that the music in classic halo 2 could have its volume raised? Or have a music volume option or all the games? It would be appreciated.
It is which is weird really.I remember it being more "Bass-y"
Probably a known issue but why are the multiplayer campaigns so incredibly laggy? With only two people each with >50Mb/s internet we are still incurring a ~0.5-1.0s lag for whoever is not hosting. Let alone trying with a third..
if i remember corrector this is due to 2 different NAT type not benign able to be together.
EXP: My friend from France had an OPEN NAT type and me i had a TYPE 2. And it was as you described. Laggy and felt clunky.
I switch then it was just fine.
You should try this: https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+change+nat+type&oq=how+to+change+nat+type&aqs=chrome..69i57.7603j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
SKLUBBY wrote:
I started playing the campaign for CE again and am unable to load up The Maw. All the other levels loaded up fine. I’m not sure why this one will not. Please help as I would like to complete the campaign. I have tried a hard reset but it has not helped.
I also have a video -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ul0XIKgPj0
I had this issue before. Here is the way i fixed it :
1) Sign out from Xbox Live
2) Turn off the Xbox
3) Unplug the power cable
4) Wait 10 sec
5) Replug the power cable
6) Log back to your Xbox and then launch Halo Master hief collection
7) Load any other map in the game and try to load up the maw again. It should work after that
This morning I tried these steps out and it did not help, things actually went worse then expected. When I got up to step 7, I chose Pillar of Autumn and the game crashed. I tried again a couple more times with different map choices and the game kept crashing. The game even crashes around the Skull selection panel which is before I even try to load up the map. I really just want to play The Maw and finally beat Halo CE. Someone PLEASE HELP!
MCC HALO GAME: Halo 4

ISSUE: In the beginning of the 4th campaign mission, “Infinity,” John inspects some deceased Marines, and discovers an IFF transponder belonging to Jiminez Paolo J.
After his and Cortana’s dialogue is finished, a radio is supposed to play Marine chatter nearby, before facing the first batch of Crawlers.
The issue here is that the audio is absent, yet the subtitles still show the silent dialogue.

REPRO: Enable subtitles, boot up the 4th mission in Halo 4, “Infinity,” on any difficulty, and inspect the IFF tag after the Promethean Knights teleport away. Wait for John’s and Cortana’s initial dialogue to finish and see that the Marine chatter is present without any sound.

ADDITIONAL INFO: I do not have any visual or auditory proof, but I do genuinely remember the Xbox 360 version of Halo 4 having this audio. I will try to justify my memory through what is provided in bold below.

Unfortunately, I cannot double check as I do not have my copy of Halo 4 anymore, and I do not wish to spend $20 on the Xbox store over a potential bug.

But, I will say this: I do believe it is paramount that this small detail be looked into and be affirmed, as the Marine chatter adds a certain level of suspense and tension, reminescent to radio chatter overheard in Halo Combat Evolved. It did so for me.

Thank you 343i for your continued support, and passion for the Halo franchise. “May we all walk the Path!”

-p1ay4OURFUN
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo:CE
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Goat Roped achievement is not unlocking, even though my online stats show that my total time for solo legendary is 2:34:34. I set my record legendary times on The Pillar of Autumn through Keyes in the week before the recent January update. I set my time on The Maw after installing the new update and the achievement is not unlocking. I did not use any skulls for any of my record times.
  • REPRO STEPS: Set legendary speedrun times in Halo:CE before and after the January update. Achievement should unlock, but it has not for me.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: I have tried hard restarting my xbox and completing multiple different Halo:CE missions again on legendary with no skulls, including beating my previous time on The Pillar of Autumn, but to no avail.
SKLUBBY wrote:
SKLUBBY wrote:
I started playing the campaign for CE again and am unable to load up The Maw. All the other levels loaded up fine. I’m not sure why this one will not. Please help as I would like to complete the campaign. I have tried a hard reset but it has not helped.
I also have a video -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ul0XIKgPj0
I had this issue before. Here is the way i fixed it :
1) Sign out from Xbox Live
2) Turn off the Xbox
3) Unplug the power cable
4) Wait 10 sec
5) Replug the power cable
6) Log back to your Xbox and then launch Halo Master hief collection
7) Load any other map in the game and try to load up the maw again. It should work after that
This morning I tried these steps out and it did not help, things actually went worse then expected. When I got up to step 7, I chose Pillar of Autumn and the game crashed. I tried again a couple more times with different map choices and the game kept crashing. The game even crashes around the Skull selection panel which is before I even try to load up the map. I really just want to play The Maw and finally beat Halo CE. Someone PLEASE HELP!
Can you verify if the same issue occure with any multiplayer game?
I would also recommend you to check if you can launch any selection
Halo 3 Skulls

I really love that you guys are adding new skulls to CE and Halo 2. I had few ideas for skulls that could be added to Halo 3 that I think would be awesome.

Foe: Turn all Brutes into hostile Elites.
Phantom: All player-held weapons shoot Phantom turret rounds.
...becomes the hunted: All player-held weapons shoot Hunter fuel rod beams.
Lone Wolf: Remove all non essential allied NPCs.
Envy 2.0: Play as The Arbiter (Single-Player only)
EMP: Player shields are disabled.
Twitch: All NPCs and Players immediately die upon taking damage.

And also a list of H2A skulls that I think would translate well to Halo 3:

Anger
Assassins
Eye Patch
Masterblaster
Recession
So Angry
Streaking
They Come Back
That's Just... Wrong
Swarm
Bandanna
Bonded Pair
Boom
Ghost
Feather
Grunt Funeral
Pinata
Malfunction
Scarab

Thanks!
  • SUGGESTION: Skulls - the player have to find the hidden skulls to use them

• SUGGESTION: Coop/Solo - an option that allow the player to display the score AND the time during a mission
For your second suggestion, I believe that already exists. It's called "Foreign".
Strange thing happened, never played ODST on heroic or legendary on MCC, but got the completion achievements until today. ODST was uninstalled at time of acquisition.

Edit: Service record on ODST shows completion of levels on legendary, but all the ones that do show the time was 01:40:39. I'll check if they appear as legendary in game later.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 7