Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Campaign Feedback - January

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. ...
  8. 7
Halo 2 :

- I played 2 times in a row at the "Outskirts" mission but 5 min after the beginning, the game crashed. It was in Japanese voice + fr subtitle, when I switched to English (then French) voices it was OK.

-I saw multiple times (especially in the "Sacred Icon" mission) in speed-run my covenant carbine unused took up to 78 ammos (instead of 72).

(PS : Halo 4 : Is it possible to back-up the icons of difficulties done in Spartan Ops before the January update ?)
Bug Report:

• MCC HALO GAME: Halo: CE (classic)
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Since the winter update, NPCs no longer move their mouths when they talk. This appears within cutscenes and in game but only on the classic graphics.
  • REPRO STEPS: Play any Halo: CE level with classic graphics. Difficultly/skulls don’t seem to matter.
Thank you.
Game: Halo 2 (Classic)

Issue: while playing Halo 2's campaign, I noticed an issue where the game audio is much lower in the classical graphics than in the remastered. It's also hard to hear the music in the classical graphics as the sfx audio is much louder than the music in the classical graphics.

Solution: The classical audio both the gameplay and music needs to be as loud as the remastered version of Halo 2. in addition, Halo 2's classical music needs to be a bit higher when compared to it's sfx.

Another Solution: Another way this can be fixed is by overall raising the volume of Halo 2 (Classic) both music and SFX. in addition, give players volume sliders to control both the SFX and music volume levels.

Hope you guys get to this issue, I know it's rather small but it means a lot.

Keep up the good work guys.
Game: Halo 2 anniversary

Issue: no audio while in co-op for campaign. Affects both people when on lan or local. Tried on both Xbox one (OG) and Xbox x. Tried fresh installs on both. Audio works in menus and cut scenes.
Halo 2 mission outskirts classic different colors of blood will appear randomly ALOT of it out of no where then just disappear also happens when u die and respawn and also on outskirts the guy on the voice comms was talking in another language and also in halo 2 when throwing a grenade and picking up weapons of the ground there is a delay before the weapon comes up on screen and lastly in halo 3 if you reload while duel wielding and drop one of the weapons you will not be able to fire your weapon for several seconds and finally when reloading a shotgun in halo 3 that is empty u will not be able to shoot it for a few seconds if you push the trigger to early and lastly on halo 3 floodgate the allied elites will now just stand in place instead of fighting and following lastly in halo 3 flood gate enemies body’s were disappearing right after falling down only 7 bugs I’ve came across in along time please fix soon thanks keep up the great work!
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 2
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Crash on "Oracle" Level
  • REPRO STEPS: At the first mid-level cutscene where you meet the Heretic, I and my online co-op partner crash to menu
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: This has been reproducible since attempting after the November update, don't know where it was introduced. Each update that states crashed in Halo 2 are addressed we go back and retry only to crash again. I have a Twitch Clip catching the crash during a stream: https://www.twitch.tv/bearded_tangent/clip/VibrantSoftWerewolfGingerPower

Also, I submitted feedback in the Xbox dashboard (again).

Unfortunately this has stopped our progress as I am playing with a person who never played any of the Halo games and we are trying to go through them all.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
MCC HALO GAME: Halo 3 ODST
ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Bugged achievements for collecting audio logs
REPRO STEPS: Go up to an audio log station, tap action button.

MORE INFO
I have found all audio logs in H3 ODST, when I encountered an audio log station (forgot which one), I tapped the action button to save it. However, the achievement didn't pop up, however, the next achievements unlocked skipping #21. Again, I have all the audio logs, and it should unlock the record store owner. But it's missing the scout achievement, making the record store owner achievement unobtainable.

(And yes, this post is in the Achievement Progress / Unlock forums as well)
A literal 'pause' function would be appreciated in co-op campaign. Preferably for the host.
Feedback!

Hey guys, huge fan of Halo series here. I’ve been playing Halo for over 10 years now and I have no complaints xD

I’m not sure where I should leave this MCC feedback because this IS ‘campaign/storyline related’, however I want to put this out there.

Prior to the Halo 5 release, Halo 4 had many matchmaking options that were always worthwhile which MCC currently does not have available.

If I may make a kind suggestion for the Halo 4 updates for MCC, would you please consider

1. Making ‘Spartan Ops’ open to matchmaking so you can find players to join your Co-op cause.

This was very popular and many people loved it, myself included, however it’s rather difficult to find people when there is no matchmaking option for it.

2. Big team battle Heavies - Those that know will attest to this game variant. BTB infinity with fast continual respawns of heavy vehicles. Score to win was set to 1000.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and thanks for making these great games enjoyable once more.

Best Regards

David W.
Just finished halo 4 legendary under 3 hrs not unlocking?
It was the same for me. Trust me, it will unlock when you get back to the game. It’s the classic delayed unlocking of achievements. I’ve seen it has been reported here already, but this is old now. You can find it as well in the campaign feedbacks of the previous months.
When I get back to the game? I’ve hard reset and quit the game?
I meant it will unlock next time you turn on the console.
Feedback!

Hey guys, huge fan of Halo series here. I’ve been playing Halo for over 10 years now and I have no complaints xD

I’m not sure where I should leave this MCC feedback because this IS ‘campaign/storyline related’, however I want to put this out there.

Prior to the Halo 5 release, Halo 4 had many matchmaking options that were always worthwhile which MCC currently does not have available.

If I may make a kind suggestion for the Halo 4 updates for MCC, would you please consider

1. Making ‘Spartan Ops’ open to matchmaking so you can find players to join your Co-op cause.

This was very popular and many people loved it, myself included, however it’s rather difficult to find people when there is no matchmaking option for it.

2. Big team battle Heavies - Those that know will attest to this game variant. BTB infinity with fast continual respawns of heavy vehicles. Score to win was set to 1000.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and thanks for making these great games enjoyable once more.

Best Regards

David W.
You can leave this in the multiplayer feedback here, this is just for the campaign.
Probably a known issue but why are the multiplayer campaigns so incredibly laggy? With only two people each with >50Mb/s internet we are still incurring a ~0.5-1.0s lag for whoever is not hosting. Let alone trying with a third..
YES. I've been experiencing severe lag when I try to play a campaign with 4 people. The connection to the session is lost, each and every time. It makes 4 player co-op unplayable, especially Halo 3.
It would be really nice if after you finish a mission, there was an option to replay it. Especially if the speedrun timer is active. The only option is to hit B and go to the next mission.
BigRhinomiteThat happened to me but on halo 2 campaign it happen on mission 8 it freezes everytime it's been doing that alot since this new update I don't know what to do so also it shuts off my Xbox and turns my Xbox automatically when it freezes but sometimes but it takes me to the Xbox home
Hello, 343 Industries! We in the Halo community greatly appreciate the efforts you've made to make the Master Chief Collection the best it can be. That being said, I have compiled a list of suggestions/feedback for all 5 games that I hope you will take the time to carefully read and consider implementing. Many of these points are from a personal standpoint, as I view them amelioratorily for the player. I am convinced these suggestions will enhance gameplay and provide decades of enjoyable experiences.
My Suggestions/Feedback
  1. Add the full Halo Reach game (Campaign/Multiplayer/Firefight/etc) to the Master Chief Collection for free- I apologize for repeating this oft requested feature when it has been repeated ad nauseam but I cannot overstate enough the importance of the inclusion of this legendary (no pun intended) title to this collection in the same fashion ODST was added. The MCC's popularity would simply skyrocket!
  2. Add ODST's Firefight to the MCC- Against better judgement I have decided to list this request here, as Firefight is more suited for Multiplayer. Once again, apologies if this/any of my suggestions are endlessly repeated on forums. Firefight is just a very popular mode for co-operative play, and I personally think it should be revived in the MCC. Oh, and if you do decide to add Firefight, would you kindly unlock Sgt. Johnson for all players to use for free? This will keep the community united as he was only playable by those who preordered ODST in 2009.
  3. Add 4-player co-op to Halo Combat Evolved and Halo 2 Anniversary- I have recently been playing cooperative campaign with many players, and almost all of them agree 4-player co-op should be added to the first two games in the MCC. This will increase availability for more players and increase survivability for those wishing to tackle the Legendary campaign.
  4. Remove the Iron Skull effect from Halo 2's Legendary co-op campaign- This is an infuriating redundancy which makes the Legendary difficulty almost unplayable on co-op that isn't LASO. This effect is acceptable for LASO, but that is due to the Iron skull being activated. The activation of Iron without it being activated is very frustrating for players who wish to unlock Achievements as well. I hope you will read this and cosider fixing it to mitigate Legendary co-op play by even just a little.
  5. Fix the accuracy of the Magnum in Halo Combat Evolved, the Carbine in Halo 2/Halo 3/ODST, and the Magnum in ODST- This is a personal gripe, but it is downright annoying to line up a shot with these listed weapons only to have them miss. This errant trajectory even occurs when the red dot appears on my reticle. It is not only aggravating, but it wastes ammo. And on a side note: would you kindly add the reticle headshot dot into Combat Evolved? It would be very helpful for landing headshots. Similarly, would you kindly add the Battle Rifle to ODST?
  6. Make Jackal snipers a two-shot kill on Legendary in Halo 2/Halo 3, and reduce melee attack damage in all games on Legendary- This is a big one. Luckily, I am not the only one who has this complaint. Many players deem the Halo 2 Legendary campaign to be unplayable because of Jackal snipers, who are able to kill you in one hit without even facing you. Bungie neglected this costly error, but I believe you can pick up where they left off and make Legendary bearable on Halo 2 and Halo 3 again.
  7. Add more skulls to Halo 3/ODST/Halo 4- The playerbase was really surprised and quite pleased when you added skulls to Combat Evolved. It would be much appreciated if you gave those three games the same treatment for more opportunities to earn par scores.
  8. Enable weapon swapping with Marines on Combat Evolved- This will help maximize firepower and greatly help the Marines to stay alive, especially on vehicular missions.
  9. Add Forge to Combat Evolved- This is probably a bit of a stretch, but I think tweaking the objects/environments in Combat Evolved would be a mainstay for custom games.
  10. Option to boot players from co-op matches- This feature is in Halo 4, and I believe it to be essential in the other games for players who refuse to co-operate and ruin the gaming experience for others.
  11. In-game subtitles for Halo 2/Halo 3/ODST- There are oftentimes I cannot hear the dialogue of important NPCs due to the music and sound effects in the game. Enacting subtitles will facilitate this and allow players to make out important conversations that may be relevant to the story.
  12. Customizable volume levels for all games- I've heard many complaints about the music in games sometimes being to soft for players to hear, particularly in Halo 2. I posit this issue can be rectified with the inclusion of sliders in the settings menu for altering the individual volume of music, voice, and sound effects.
  13. Increase the speed of the overcharged Plasma Pistol bolt in Halo 2- I think it would be a boon to players to have a faster overcharged bolt for stunning enemies. Would you kindly add an EMP effect to the bolt for vehicles a la Halo 3?
  14. Increase the maximum ammo capacity for all weapons in Halo 2/Halo 3/ODST/Halo 4- It is very frustrating trying to win gunfights in these game because I am constantly running out of ammo. An increased carrying capacity for all weapons would improve survivability, just as it is in Combat Evolved.
  15. Add Halo Reach weapons to Combat Evolved/Halo 2/Halo 3/ODST- This is a personal request borne out of the necessity of keeping the campaigns and the story consistent. It would also particularly help players in Combat Evolved, as there are only 8 weapons in the game.
  16. Give the Magnum in Halo 2/Halo 3 a zoom function and increase its clip size in Halo 3/Halo 4 from 8 to 12- I only ask this to make the pistol a reliable "fallback" weapon like it is in Halo Reach/Halo 4. Sierra 117 is frustrating on Legendary since the player doesn't get access to a scoped weapon until after the first battle.
  17. Fix the accuracy of vehicular weapons in Halo Combat Evolved- I speak mainly of the Scorpion's main cannon, its coaxial gun, and the Warthog's chaingun turret. These weapons are nearly unuseable in their current state, and could do with an improvement to long range target acquisition.
  18. Equip the player with an Assault Rifle and a Battle Rifle in Sierra 117(Halo 3) for solo players- As stated above, this level is downright infuriating on Legendary due to the lack of ranged weaponry at its outset. Similarly, would you kindly equip the player with a Sniper rifle and a pistol on Truth and Reconciliation(Combat Evolved)?
  19. Make the Wraith, Fuel Rod Gun, and Energy Sword useable in Combat Evolved- Despite the fact it's been almost 20 years I think the 343 team has the resources and libraries to enable the use of these assets. It would give players a fair advantage when trying to eliminate tough enemies, such as Zealots and Hunters.
(Continued from previous post)
20. Allow players to headshot Flood Combat Forms in Combat Evolved- This will give players a special application of the pistol when trying to keep their distance on levels like the Library.
21. Enable vehicle boarding in Combat Evolved- This may be an impossibility but I for one view it as an essential tactic when trying to conseve vehicles.
22. Fix online co-op campaign lag- This has been a problem as of late. I'm not sure what is causing it but online co-op sessions are essentially unplayable. In the middle of the mission the game itself would simply kick everyone out of a game session. It's very vexating and I hope it gets fixed soon. Many players have experienced this issue.
23. Add Brutes/Drones to Combat Evolved- As stated above I only list this because it will retain the stories' consistency.
24. Remove the zero multiplier from non scoring skulls (Bandanna, Scarab, etc.)- It can be irritating when some of the important non-scoring skulls are activated. These effects should not hinder the procurement of Achievement in any way, but instead should prove to ve a great advantage to the pkayer, especially if the player is on Legendary.
25. Fix the Grunt Funeral skull so that only Grunts killed by the player will explode- I've heard many reports of Combat Evolved's LASO campaign being unplayable due to the player spawning next to several Grunt corpses on the Truth and Recociliation mission after you acsend the gravity lift.
26. Speed up the draw animation for the Magnum in Combat Evolved- It takes around two seconds to pull out your pistol, which is long enough for enemies to evade your line of sight (namely Elites). I propose a la Halo Reach, there is an animation for cocking the pistol once you pick it up, and another shorter one for when you switch to it from another weapon.
27. Fix Elite movement speed in Combat Evolved- I cannot begin to describe how mammo I've wasted trying to headshot Elites when all of there movements are overly erratic and unpredictable. I hope you can make the proper changes so that it is easier to land headshots on them
28. Reduce the difficulty of claimimg the IWHBYD skull in Halo 2 and allow Halo 2's skulls to be collected on Normal and Heroic- This skull is an anathema to many players and should be made easier to claim on Halo 2. Perhaps you could remove the seven waves of Ultra Elutes that spawn entirely and replace it with some sort of puzzle a la Halo 3. On that note, would you kindly make changes to Halo 2 so that the skulls can be claimed on any difficulty?
29. Give the player a visor scope in Combat Evolved- It would help very much with spotting targets like it is in the other games. You could even add some sort of tagging system!
30. Increase the shotgun's clip size to 12 in Halo 3/ODST/Halo 4- The Shotgun would be much more effective if it had its original clip size of 12. Many times I have died trying to take cover and deter enemies with the shotgun, only to have to reload after six shots and get shot in the process.

Well, that's all of the suggestions I can come up with at this time. I will be sure to add more. It is my sincere hope that someone on the MCC's development team reads this and makes a genuine effort to implement some of these changes. I am confident players will thank you for revitalizing a beloved title with new and improved functionality. I know that you will continue to provide us with prolific updates and cultivate this collection to truly outshine its competitors. Thank you so much for not abandoning this collection in its broken state and please continue to update it. Please keep up the good work!
Holy bejesus!

Umm... I'd like to suggest giving all past Halo titles Halo 5's Spartan Abilities and sandbox... Oh, and while you're at it can you also redo the stories; though, keep Combat Evolved's + ODST's and Reach's with some adjustments so it better fits with the original novel.
eLantern wrote:
Holy bejesus!

Umm... I'd like to suggest giving all past Halo titles Halo 5's Spartan Abilities and sandbox... Oh, and while you're at it can you also redo the stories; though, keep Combat Evolved's + ODST's and Reach's with some adjustments so it better fits with the original novel.
In fairness half of his suggestions were good ideas, headshot reticle in ce, a sound / music balancer, and 4 player co-op (if feasible) in ce and 2 sound like some neat ideas.

My personal bit of feedback is thusly: re-add the ability to change the music in CEA while in-game. It was present on the 360 and removed in the original MCC release. I'd like it back. :)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. ...
  8. 7