Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Campaign Feedback - July 2019

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Please use this official thread to share any and all MCC CAMPAIGN FEEDBACK.
  • MULTIPLAYER FEEDBACK can be provided HERE.
  • Misc/Other Feedback can be provided HERE.
If you encounter an issue or have a suggestion or general feedback related to MCC CAMPAIGN, please include as much detail as possible.
  • MCC HALO GAME: please specify which game within MCC you're providing feedback for
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: please be as detailed as possible.
  • REPRO STEPS: If it's a bug/issue, please provide the steps taken to reproduce this bug (if applicable)
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: If you have a screenshot, game clip, or other supporting material, please provide the link in your post.
Thank you
I have a total of eight issues to report: seven regarding Halo 2 in classic graphics and one regarding Halo 2 in anniversary graphics.

ISSUE 1
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 2 classic
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Atmospheric dust particles that appear in the missions "The Arbiter" and "The Oracle" in legacy Halo 2 are missing from MCC Halo 2 classic.
  • REPRO STEPS: The easiest place to do a comparison between the two versions is at the very start of "The Arbiter." A key visual aspect of this level is the dust being swirled around by the nearby storm. There are two elements that make up this effect in legacy Halo 2. The first is the presence of what I would describe as dust clouds that swirl around at a medium distance from you regardless of where you are. The second is the presence of small individual dust particles that will float nearby you. The more distant "dust clouds" are present and appear correctly in MCC. It's the second element I mentioned, the individual particles of dust, that seems to be completely absent from Halo 2 classic in MCC. Compare this to legacy Halo 2, and you'll see the difference.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: This is not the only issue with missing particle effects in Halo 2 classic, as you'll see below.
ISSUE 2
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Close range snow particles that appear in the levels "Sacred Icon" and "Quarantine Zone" in legacy Halo 2 are completely missing from MCC Halo 2 classic. This has a very big impact on the way the outdoor sections look in these levels. Quarantine Zone in particular is much less atmospheric and visually interesting as a result.
  • REPRO STEPS: Compare MCC to legacy Halo 2 in almost any outdoor section in either of these two missions.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: This is very similar to the previous issue I listed about the dust particles, only much more noticeable since the snow particles in these levels are more numerous than the dust particles in the other levels. There is snow falling in the distance that seems to be dependent on where you are, as there should be. It's specifically the individual particles of snow that are meant to be falling much closer to the player that are missing. Additionally, this is also an issue in the multiplayer map "Lockout", which is what led me to check if there were missing particle effects in other areas of Halo 2 classic. I made a post about Lockout in the June Multiplayer Feedback thread. In it, I said that I thought this was originally an issue in Halo 2 Vista, but that was somewhat incorrect. There was apparently a bug involving certain graphics cards that resulted in snow particles not appearing on the map. It was fine for other graphics cards. This makes me wonder if there is something similar going on with MCC. I originally thought that maybe these effects were missing from the map files or something like that. But now I wonder if there's just a bug that causes these types of particles not to render due to the Xbox One's components. I have no expertise when it comes to coding or programming, so I could be totally wrong about what the underlying issue is, but the snow and dust particles are definitely missing. That's for sure.
ISSUE 3
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Bloom lighting (that's what I assume this would be called) is absent from several cut-scenes where it appeared in legacy Halo 2.
  • REPRO STEPS: A very good example of this is during the intro cut-scene for the mission "The Arbiter", specifically when the Arbiter armor is first revealed. In legacy Halo 2, as the case holding the armor opens, there is a fairly strong bloom effect emanating from the light behind the armor. In MCC, this effect is absent. This results in the lighting behind the armor looking more like a flat white backdrop. I have made a side-by-side screenshot comparison of the two versions. Here's the URL for the image: https://imgur.com/5LsK8Ay
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: This was just one example of this problem. There are various others throughout the game. I should also note that this was an issue in Halo 2 Vista as well.
ISSUE 4
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 2 Anniversary
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: The first person weapon view model doesn't change position based on how high or low you're aiming.
  • REPRO STEPS: Load up any Halo 2 campaign mission and make sure you're playing in anniversary graphics. Then simply aim all the way up and all the way down, and note that your hands and weapon (weapons if you're duel-wielding) don't move at all based on where you look.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: This issue is quite strange, as it effects Halo 2's campaign when playing in anniversary graphics, but not when playing in classic mode. It does however effect Halo 2 classic multiplayer. By the way I previously posted this in the June multiplayer feedback thread, but have decided to post it here too, as this issue manifests itself differently between campaign and multiplayer. I've copied and pasted parts of that post here, so if some of the wording here sounds familiar, that's why.
ISSUE 5
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Tartarus's face, particularly his forehead, does not appear to be as reflective, or "shiny" if you will, as it is in legacy Halo 2.
  • REPRO STEPS: Compare Tartarus's face and forehead in MCC to legacy Halo 2. This is much more apparent in some scenes than in others. I've made a screenshot comparison of the two versions in a scene where it's more noticeable. Here's the URL for the image: https://imgur.com/koIeGFH
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: I have compared several scenes, and this issue persists across all of them, so this is not caused by an issue with the lighting in that particular scene. Rather, it seems to be an actual issue with the character model for Tartarus.
ISSUE 6
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: The gravity lifts on the bottom of Phantoms do not appear as they did in legacy Halo 2. They're sort of less "glowy" if that makes sense.
  • REPRO STEPS: There are numerous scenarios where you can compare the two versions. Here's a screenshot comparison of the issue during a cut-scene: https://imgur.com/5RjFm2X
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: It's difficult to do a comparison in game but this appears to be an issue during both gameplay and cutscenes. Additionally, during the intro cut-scene for the mission "Delta Halo", the projectiles being fired at the drop pods by shade turrets seem to have a similar problem when compared to legacy Halo 2. They're smaller and have less of a glow to them. I don't know if this is caused by the same underlying issue or not, but it's similar.
ISSUE 7
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: The Covenant Carrier above New Mombasa in the intro cut-scene for the mission "Outskirts" is much smaller in MCC than it is in legacy Halo 2. Or it could be much farther away than in legacy Halo 2. It's hard to tell which.
  • REPRO STEPS: I've made yet another screenshot comparison. Here's the URL: https://imgur.com/IcM6yT3
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: This issue was introduced in Halo 2 Vista.
ISSUE 8
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: During the intro cut-scene for "Cairo Station", when The Arbiter (before he becomes The Arbiter) is being tortured, the energy beams that are attached to his wrists do not match their appearance in legacy Halo 2.
  • REPRO STEPS: Here's the URL for the screenshot comparison: https://imgur.com/W8WaHON
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: This could be related to the issue I mentioned with the gravity lifts on the Phantoms.
I just found the captain and then glitched to the end of the level where he backs in the hunters and flys away...
KRSTice23 wrote:
I just found the captain and then glitched to the end of the level where he backs in the hunters and flys away...
Halo 1 Ann: Truth and Reconciliation co-op, we left 1 hunter alive in the 3 level docking bay, which made the music continue to play all game, he hit me and sent me flying up to the 2nd level where i fought my way up to the captain, at aome point my co-op buddy was teleported to me and a check point was had, the co-op buddy stayed in the keys room with the captain and I went and fought my way back to the platform room where terminal 3 is. Once I had killed the 3 invisible elites there. The game cut to the master cheif hitting the button to unlock the ship and showed the final cut scenes.
So at this point the game thought we were in the docking room with no enemies, which would mean we had completed the objective, bc we still had the hunter music playing, and keys was safe with co-op biddy in his room, and we had cleared the room with the invisibles, but i didn't hit any buttons to unlock the ship. So it triggered the end cut scene.

Has this happened to anyone before?

So the hunter music played from the docking bay through all the cut scenes all the way through to the end scene. It even llayed on top of the captain keys's speach. Untill the ship was veiwed from the outside of the hull, then it continued as normal.
KRSTice23 wrote:
KRSTice23 wrote:
For the future, you can click 'Edit' on your posts to update them; you don't need to make another post. Just prevents things getting spammy. :)
KRSTice23 wrote:
KRSTice23 wrote:
Halo 1 Ann: Truth and Reconciliation co-op, we left 1 hunter alive in the 3 level docking bay, which made the music continue to play all game, he hit me and sent me flying up to the 2nd level where i fought my way up to the captain, at aome point my co-op buddy was teleported to me and a check point was had, the co-op buddy stayed in the keys room with the captain and I went and fought my way back to the platform room where terminal 3 is. Once I had killed the 3 invisible elites there. The game cut to the master cheif hitting the button to unlock the ship and showed the final cut scenes.
So at this point the game thought we were in the docking room with no enemies, which would mean we had completed the objective, bc we still had the hunter music playing, and keys was safe with co-op biddy in his room, and we had cleared the room with the invisibles, but i didn't hit any buttons to unlock the ship. So it triggered the end cut scene.

Has this happened to anyone before?

So the hunter music played from the docking bay through all the cut scenes all the way through to the end scene. It even llayed on top of the captain keys's speach. Untill the ship was veiwed from the outside of the hull, then it continued as normal.
So this is similar to the speedrunning technique for that level known as the triple nade jump. Essentially what you did was skip a loading section by bypassing that first to second level ramp. You can youtube speedrunning for that level to see the similarities to what you guys did. Don't worry, your game is not. Broken.
Ok, so on Halo 3 odst, I jave completed Data Hive & Coastal highway on normal co-op and in my stats it says I haven't, those are the only two left on co-op.

Edit: it fixed itself. I had this problem before, and somehow it just all of a sudden worked... so maybe internet issues.

Also got an achievement for playing halo 2 on the 9th, i didn't know this was a thing!
  • Game: Halo 2: Anniversary
  • Issue/Feedback: Explosions not showing up on occasion and mortar shots becoming invisible
  • Repro steps: Halo 2 mission Metropolis was where it was first noticed. Played on Heroic with Bandanna, Grunt Birthday Party, Grunt Funeral, Prophet Birthday Party, Sputnik, Envy, IWHBYD, and Boom. Play till over the bridge, Scorpion shots occasionally do not give the blast visual and just send enemies flying. While Wraiths occasionally will shoot invisible mortar shots.
Tank proof
GAME:HALO:COMBAT EVOLVED
ISSUE/FEEDBACK:Skull add-ons for campaign
The skull "Bandana" has saved my life many a time playing the campaign, and the enemies have become a huge pain in the butt, and ammo is a bit difficult to find, but Bandana has saved my life.
Game: Halo 2 Anniversary
Mode: LASO Playlist
Issue/Feedback: I'm not sure this is the right place to put this.. but it is feedback.

How is this playlist even possible with constantly invisible enemies? I've had nothing but rotten luck in it. Is there a way we could be able to add certain, non-zero skulls from the right side category of skulls? Would make it WAY more doable. Which I get, isn't the point of LASO.
xAlchemist wrote:
Issue/Feedback: I'm not sure this is the right place to put this.. but it is feedback.

How is this playlist even possible with constantly invisible enemies? I've had nothing but rotten luck in it. Is there a way we could be able to add certain, non-zero skulls from the right side category of skulls? Would make it WAY more doable. Which I get, isn't the point of LASO.
I'm down to play through it with you, idk how much that'll help. But should be sorta fun.
KRSTice23 wrote:
xAlchemist wrote:

I'm down to play through it with you, idk how much that'll help. But should be sorta fun.
I'd be glad to also. Say, July 16th, I'll play with you.
Game:Halo 2:Anniversary
Feedback/Issue:Not an issue, but well...
I really like the H2A graphics, because they are so impressive. Keep up the good work, 343!
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 3
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Was trying to get the beat Halo 3 under 3 hours on Legendary achievement with a buddy, but once we hit "The Storm" the scarab bugged out and wasn't really acting the way it should have as well as some of the scarabs later in the game. Also some colours and textures were not loading in properly.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: We were having connection problems earlier in the day so not 100% sure if it was connection but I never had Halo 3 break that hard before. It usually runs the best out of the 4 for me
Game usually runs fine for me so this kind of thing doesn't happen to terribly much but was pretty excessive
Suggestion:
>Bringing Foreign skull into H2A campaign
>Survivor skull : master chef now fight with a broken visor (similar to the ending of the Lone wolf mission from Halo Reach)
Halo 2: MCC
Difficulty: Legendary
Level: Metropolis

No round tracking from the tank and sometimes missing explosions.
KRSTice23 wrote:
Halo 2: MCC
Difficulty: Legendary
Level: Metropolis

No round tracking from the tank and sometimes missing explosions.
If by round tracking you mean being able to see the shell as it moves through the air before impact, that's always been missing in anniversary graphics. If possible I would like to see this effect added as it's something that is present in Halo 2 classic, but I don't see it happening anytime soon. But that's a good suggestion, if that's what you're referring to.

Also, I would recommend editing all of your feedback into one post, as it makes things more organized.
Game :halo mcc
Issue: cant get onto campaign at all
Suggestion:
>Bringing Foreign skull into H2A campaign
>Survivor skull : master chef now fight with a broken visor (similar to the ending of the Lone wolf mission from Halo Reach)
If anything remove foreign skull from CE, play Truth and Rec LASO where the only 2 weapons you have the whole level is the AR and sniper and see if that doesn't change your mind about adding the Foreign skull to the hardest campaign in the series.
Laso is to hard... Please I beg of you to lower it's difficulty
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3