Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

MCC Campaign Feedback - June 2019

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Please use this official thread to share any and all MCC CAMPAIGN FEEDBACK.
  • MULTIPLAYER FEEDBACK can be provided HERE
  • Misc/Other Feedback can be provided HERE.
If you encounter an issue or have a suggestion or general feedback related to MCC CAMPAIGN, please include as much detail as possible.
  • MCC HALO GAME: please specify which game within MCC you're providing feedback for
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: please be as detailed as possible.
  • REPRO STEPS: If it's a bug/issue, please provide the steps taken to reproduce this bug (if applicable)
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: If you have a screenshot, game clip, or other supporting material, please provide the link in your post.
Thank you
In the campaign I sometimes get the error "lost connection to xbox live" which freezes the game then crashes the MCC. This also happens in the main menus.
This error happens during multiplayer games but that only takes me out the game and bans me. Not sure if the errors are connected but they occur around the same time.
As with my post in the May campaign feedback thread, I have multiple issues that I'd like to mention. Many of these deal with various visual inconsistencies and bugs during cut-scenes.
ISSUE 1:
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 2 classic
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Many cut-scenes have broken lighting that is inconsistent with legacy Halo 2.
  • REPRO STEPS: I didn't have time to compare every cut-scene, but there is a plethora of lighting inaccuracies very early on in the game, so I'll focus on those. Because this may be a little long-winded (sorry), I will list each example in separate numbered paragraphs, to keep things organized. I have also put together several side-by-side screenshots that compare the MCC version of Halo 2 classic to legacy Halo 2. I don't know how to create links, so I will post the URLs of the relevant images at the end of each numbered paragraph for anyone to copy and paste, except for the second paragraph as I didn't take screen captures of that particular issue. I should note that I captured these screenshots from youtube videos as I don't have the means to capture legacy Halo 2 footage myself.
  1. The most glaring instance in the whole game is during the opening cinematic of the mission Outskirts. In the original Halo 2, the entire scene is baked in a sort of warm sunny glow. This includes all of the architecture in the scene, as well as most other assets, such as character models and vehicles. The only real exceptions are baked on shadows cast by various buildings and structures where there should be. In the MCC version of Halo 2 classic however, almost nothing in the scene exhibits this characteristic. The only things that seem to have proper lighting here are the Pelicans at the start of the cut-scene. Nearly everything else is completely missing any lighting at all. The entire scene has this dull grey look to it, and it makes New Mombasa look vary barren and lifeless. The same largely applies to the outro cut-scene of Metropolis as well. I should note that as far as I can tell, this only extends to the cut-scenes themselves, not gameplay. https://imgur.com/Ym6ScIZ
  2. Another instance of incorrect/broken lighting is earlier than the previous example, during the outro cut-scene of Cairo Station. In legacy Halo 2, when Chief is on the elevator transporting the bomb he just disarmed, there is a shot of the elevator moving through the elevator shaft. The elevator cart itself has a flashing red light on the top, which continues to flash for the duration of the shot, as the elevator moves down. This shot is initially the same on MCC, but as the elevator moves down, the red light stops flashing and turns off part way through the shot. I realize this example is much more subtle and pretty minor compared to the previous one I described, and may not even be related to the same underlying issue, but it's a discrepancy between the two versions nonetheless.
  3. This next example occurs immediately after the last I mentioned, but has a greater impact on the way the scene looks. In legacy Halo 2, there is a shot of Chief on the elevator, and while it's moving, lighting is rapidly cast onto Chief's armor from outside of the elevator, and is then blocked by what I assume is the elevator moving in front of walls in the elevator shaft, and is then cast again as the elevator moves past whatever was obstructing the light. This is meant to repeat several times during the duration of that particular shot. Take a look at MCC Halo 2 classic, however, and the lighting is dark during the entire shot, and never changes. https://imgur.com/SAHjdan
  4. The last one I'll mention is once again during the Cairo Station outro cut-scene, this time as Chief exits the elevator. In legacy Halo 2, there is a top down shot of the room that the elevator arrives at, and as the elevator doors open, a stream of light spills onto the floor outside of the elevator. As Chief drags the bomb out of the elevator, you can see his shadow cast on the floor from the light before he fully emerges from the elevator. In MCC Halo 2 though, no such shadow is cast because the lighting from the elevator does not appear on the floor outside it. https://imgur.com/DE1eZcB
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: These were just some of the more notable instances of incorrect/bugged lighting during Halo 2 classic cut-scenes. There are others, such as the lighting on The Arbiter during the game's opening cut-scene, https://imgur.com/R2GT0xr and this shot immediately after Chief steps out of the elevator with the bomb at the end of Cairo Station. https://imgur.com/Ih82Eq1 Given how many of these problems there are early on, there are likely more instances like these throughout the rest of the game, to varying degrees. Also it's worth noting that some of these issues were also present in Halo 2 Vista (which MCC Halo 2 was of course ported from), while others were introduced in MCC.
ISSUE 2:
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Fade-out transitions between scenes/shots are absent from Halo 2 classic cut-scenes. I'm not sure what the correct term for this exactly is, but in legacy Halo 2, some of the cinematics had transitions between certain shots where the previous shot would freeze for a moment and then slowly fade out to reveal the next shot. This was mostly used between scenes, but was sometimes used mid-scene as well. These are totally absent from MCC Halo 2 classic cut-scenes.
  • REPRO STEPS: There are a number of cut-scenes that you can compare between legacy Halo 2 and MCC Halo 2, but a good early example is in the very first cutscene. In the original cut-scene, the game would briefly pause on a shot of The Prophet of Truth, and then fade to a shot of Earth's moon near Cairo Station. The two shots were aligned so that the circular portion of Truth's head-piece/crown would fade to reveal the moon in it's place. In MCC Halo 2, the shot of The Prophet of Truth just cuts to the shot of the moon, without any transition. This takes away some of the cinematic flair found in the original.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: If I recall correctly, these transitions were present in Halo 2 Vista, so this issue was introduced in MCC.
ISSUE 3:
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Facial animations during cut-scenes are sometimes buggy/jittery.
  • REPRO STEPS: This issue is evident in the very first cut-scene of Halo 2. Pay attention to the mouth movement of the Prophets when they speak. You'll notice that the animation is very erratic, almost like the animation is skipping. Their eyes also twitch when this happens. Compare this to the same cut-scene in legacy Halo 2, and you'll notice that the animations were much smoother in the original. Another example is during the Outskirts intro cut-scene. Right before the Scarab comes on screen, one of the pilots flying the Pelican says the line, "Thirty seconds out. Stand by to- Whoa!" Right before he says, "Whoa" his mouth twitches in a similar manner to the Prophets in the first cut-scene. This was not present in legacy Halo 2.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: There are also some instances where characters' mouths seem to be in slightly different resting positions than in the original. These problems may be related to an issue I posted in the May campaign feedback thread, where I noted that Elites' jaws are out of alignment in most (if not all) cut-scenes. Note: I mistakenly had Halo 3 under "MCC HALO GAME" for this issue originally, instead of Halo 2 classic. I have since corrected it. Sorry for any confusion.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 2
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: In the mission “Quarantine Zone”, when the gondolas move vertically up the aim assist gets messed up, when you aim directly to an enemy in movement the reticle will start moving around quickly making it harder to aim a good shot and even sometimes nauseous.
  • RETRO STEPS: Play mission “Quarantine Zone” and get to the gondola part, wait until the gondola starts moving upwards and aim to any enemy (I think it only works with moving ones), then start feeling how the reticle moves.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: Unfortunately I have no game clip to show but it's better to feel it than see it, at least in this case.
Same issue as Noir Plague, it does it anytime a single mission lasts over an hour and a half. Has happened on Laso playlists for Halos CE, 2 and 3. I have clip saved on my gamertag profile, not sure how to share it here
Halo 3 the covenant grunts will sit in a ghost and do nothing even if your in front of them
Same issue as Noir Plague, it does it anytime a single mission lasts over an hour and a half. Has happened on Laso playlists for Halos CE, 2 and 3. I have clip saved on my gamertag profile, not sure how to share it here
Interesting. Does the error give you the lost connection error message? Does it crash your game on multiplayer or just boot you with a ban? What country are you in?
Interesting. Does the error give you the lost connection error message? Does it crash your game on multiplayer or just boot you with a ban? What country are you in?
Im in central US, Halo CE will display lost connection message with a 15 second timer but never can establish the connection. Halos 2 and 3 will just freeze gameplay but you can still look around for several seconds before you are removed back to whatever menu you initially selected, in my case always the LASO playlists. I have yet to get the multiplayer boot, strictly just campaign for me
I want to play the campaigns and stuff, but when it loads in it is greyed out and unavailable, I got rid of the campaigns, then redownloaded them twice, Ive also hard restarted my xbox. The campaigns are downloaded but unavailable basically, any advice?
Halo ce anniversary there are no sound effects when she’ll casings fall on the ground also on classic graphics blood flickers occasionally if a flashlight is on it on halo ce two betrayals as soon as u go outside the flood infection forms will disappear
Halo ce anniversary there are no sound effects when she’ll casings fall on the ground also on classic graphics blood flickers occasionally if a flashlight is on it on halo ce two betrayals as soon as u go outside the flood infection forms will disappear
Also the aiming doesn't seem to lock/follow.
For example on a quick play on CE when aiming over an elite there was no stickiness. As in the aimer/targeted just didn't sticky to the elite at all this completely breaks CE and I don't know such a colossal issue could be installed with out knowledge. This completely breaks CE campaign feeling.

In Halo CE there was always some stickiness/follow/lead. If was aiming over a wall it would go at normal speed but as it went over an enemy it would "stick" and :"follow" and enemy a bit.now aiming is the same everywhere.
I play on 10 (which still feels slow) and am used to getting a bit of sticky on enemies but my briefly play today aiming was the same everywhere.

I'm so used to snapping around with pistol and getting a shot thanks to some aim assistance, now it seems the game makes no difference to my aiming between at a wall and a grunt.

edit: snap shots, such as where you spin around and it can snap a shot with the pistol. Every weapon but the rocket launcher and sniper rifle had this originally.
In Halo 3 campaign, parts of characters and vehicles will go black for no reason and stay black until I restart the campaign. The characters will look like silhouettes with a few armor pieces or so typically. Not sure at the moment if the 6/11 update as fixed it at all. I have plenty of screenshots I took just in case if y'all want to see what I'm talking about.
GAME: Halo 2
ISSUE: with the remastered graphics there's no reload animation for the Carbine which seems like the Carbine isn't reloading but is.

GAME: Halo 4
ISSUE: the Promethean Knights have either the bright orange and rainbow multi colored textures permanent after they teleport away and attack with their teleporting Zig-zag Charge.
MCC if you go to extras the screens no longer responds but you can hear the sound of moving around and have to exit game using the guide button and quit
COOP in ODST, H4 campaign and H4 spartan ops is unplayable online. There's a crazy amount of input delay, which leads to one or more players lagging out.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo CE
  • ISSUE: Automatic (Default) Subtitles don't work in the Spanish (Mexican/MX) language, but they do work when the option for Subtitles is “Yes” the problem is that I just want to see them in Halo CE because the others have a Dub each one. I don't know if this also happens for other languages.
  • RETRO STEPS: Go into any mission in Halo CE with the subtitles in “Automatic (Default)” while having the game in the Spanish (Mexican/MX) language, you'll clearly see that no subtitles are show for the game.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: Not available for the moment
In the level h2 mission outskirts some dialog got cut out in the orginal cutscene before the pilot says wow there is ratio dialog of someone saying Stand by and another thing in the level scared icon when you see the phantom go towards the entrance of liberty its flying backwords idk if u can fix it in a blur cutscene but i just wanted to let you about these things 343 thank for the great work going towards repairing this game.
... in the level scared icon when you see the phantom go towards the entrance of liberty its flying backwords idk if u can fix it in a blur cutscene ...
This is one of those things that would be hilariously expensive to fix, don't imagine we'll see an update for that. Just think of it as a funny easter egg
Spirit Dropships in Halo CE are still shooting from the incorrect location. Shots are supposed to come from the turret underneath the ship. However the ship is firing from the center of the tuning fork shape instead. Please fix it looks terrible and changes the way the game plays.
stckrboy wrote:
... in the level scared icon when you see the phantom go towards the entrance of liberty its flying backwords idk if u can fix it in a blur cutscene ...
This is one of those things that would be hilariously expensive to fix, don't imagine we'll see an update for that. Just think of it as a funny easter egg
Yeah i would imagine it would be but thanks for responding and thanks for the hard work on the mcc
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3