Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Campaign Feedback - October 2019

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Please use this official thread to share any and all MCC CAMPAIGN FEEDBACK.
  • MULTIPLAYER FEEDBACK can be provided HERE.
  • Misc/Other Feedback can be provided HERE.
If you encounter an issue or have a suggestion or general feedback related to MCC CAMPAIGN, please include as much detail as possible.
  • MCC HALO GAME: please specify which game within MCC you're providing feedback for
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: please be as detailed as possible.
  • REPRO STEPS: If it's a bug/issue, please provide the steps taken to reproduce this bug (if applicable)
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: If you have a screenshot, game clip, or other supporting material, please provide the link in your post.
Thank you
Me and another friend have completed The Legendary Master Chief Saga (the one with All Skulls On Legendary), and I need to complete The Maw and Halo 2 Introduction (Heretic) in order to complete that playlist. In case of my friend, he only needs Halo 3 epilogue.

Would like to know if 343 can sort this in order to complete the playlist, or anybody who have a checkpoint for The Maw and Halo 3 Epilogue will be apreciated.

Is really frustrating to see that you have completed this playlist with blood and sweat, and see that you are missing middle missions.
G0nc3p wrote:
Me and another friend have completed The Legendary Master Chief Saga (the one with All Skulls On Legendary), and I need to complete The Maw and Halo 2 Introduction (Heretic) in order to complete that playlist. In case of my friend, he only needs Halo 3 epilogue.

Would like to know if 343 can sort this in order to complete the playlist, or anybody who have a checkpoint for The Maw and Halo 3 Epilogue will be apreciated.

Is really frustrating to see that you have completed this playlist with blood and sweat, and see that you are missing middle missions.
Well its a good thing there isnt an achievement for this cause you would really be mad cause even though the playlist would say you have all missions complete, you wouldnt get the achievement due to all levels not being completed before final mission in playlist is completed, but congrats on knocking that thing out mostly
While playing Halo 2: Anniversary, on the mission The Great Journey in the remastered mode, only the skybox for the mission The Gravemind would display along with an assortment of assets and friendlies/enemies from both missions. This happened after pressing the "menu" button on my controller after a particularly long loading screen.

Footage of the bug occurring: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UBF4pzOZO0
I think team doubles ranked should be added back into the game along with further ranked playlists in MCC Halo 3 maybe ranked team snipers as the social playlist is always booming with players. If Team doubles ranked came back i think there should be custom maps made by the players also added.
Suggestions:
>Please add the Anger, Boom and Recession skulls to the ODST campaign
I am a big fan of ODST and i think adding those will increase the realism of the gameplay

>Setting or skull that disable completly the HUD (Health bar, ammo, visor, etc), keeping only the weapon
IIMcGrath wrote:
I think team doubles ranked should be added back into the game along with further ranked playlists in MCC Halo 3 maybe ranked team snipers as the social playlist is always booming with players. If Team doubles ranked came back i think there should be custom maps made by the players also added.
You should reach the MULTIPLAYER FEEDBACK for that
G0nc3p wrote:

I just did the halo 2 legendary campaign playlist split screen coop. So the first 2 levels aka the cutscene ones didn’t count so I went back and finished those 2 and it says 15 out of 15 completed but I don’t have it counted on the total playlist completion. Also my girlfriend’s account who was split screening with me didn’t get beating the game on legendary. I did the same thing by going back into the playlist and did both cut scene missions and nothing popped up. On her profile it says she beat all the missions too. Signed in and signed out on. On both profiles and got nothing.

So im wondering any playlist with halo 2 that has the intro missions you should avoid doing in coop? Might wanna have a disclaimer too.
G0nc3p wrote:

I just did the halo 2 legendary campaign playlist split screen coop. So the first 2 levels aka the cutscene ones didn’t count so I went back and finished those 2 and it says 15 out of 15 completed but I don’t have it counted on the total playlist completion. Also my girlfriend’s account who was split screening with me didn’t get beating the game on legendary. I did the same thing by going back into the playlist and did both cut scene missions and nothing popped up. On her profile it says she beat all the missions too. Signed in and signed out on. On both profiles and got nothing.

So im wondering any playlist with halo 2 that has the intro missions you should avoid doing in coop? Might wanna have a disclaimer too.
So the weird thing with all playlists on MCC, not just Halo 2, is that the game does a singular check after the last mission of the playlist for completion. Meaning that if all missions were not complete , in your case the 14 previous missions, prior to finishing the last level, in your case The Great Journey, then the game acts like you didnt complete it even if you go back and complete the others, you now either have to play all the way through and beat The Great Journey again or find someone who has The Great Journey checkpoint and just replay it instead of all missions in between. If you would like help you can send me a message directly either on here or Live
I think the scarab gun skull should be add to halo 3 and 4 so we can have a little more in campaign lol and infinite amo
Please add a Coop Campaign browser, so the players dont need anymore to look on their friend lists for people available or around the clubs just to find a coop game

Halo CE
The sound of the plasma pistol overdrive persist after several shots (more than it should)
Also please add the original sounds from the original game when playing with the old graphics

Halo CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 3 ODST, Halo 4
Split screen
I'm just returning here after years of absence to say that for the past month or so I have gone back to MCC to re-claim as many of the achievements as I had on all the games from their original stand alone releases. I have been having a blast, and am looking forward to Reach being on there sometime soon. I always hated the match making on that one, but the campaign was still worth playing.

Since going back to do the achievement run, I had a friend who never played these campaigns before get MCC, and I took him through all of them except ODST. He is going to be downloading that one in the near future.
Hi,
so this happens to me only in Halo 2 campaign, in both classic and remastered mode. Every time i get a checkpoint in any mission, my screen freezes for almost 1 second, but in that time i can still move towards the level( chief /arbiter always step against walls XD).
Really don't know why this happens (i play on one s).
When I try to load any Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary mission, the game crashes before it even shows the loading screen. It’ll show a black screen (like it’s going to go into the loading screen), then stutter the last sound effect played for a few seconds, then it’ll crash and take me to the Xbox One Dashboard. QuickStart doesn’t work either.

It crashes if I try to load a game in classic or anniversary graphics. The only time it shows the loading screen is if I hit “resume”, but it still crashes a second later.

However, sometimes, certain missions will load, while others never load. Here’s a list of what missions don’t load and which ones sometimes load:

Doesn’t load: The Pillar of Autumn, Halo, The Truth and Reconciliation, The Silent Cartographer, Assault on the Control Room, 343 Guilty Spark, The Library, Two Betrayals, Keyes

Occasionally loads: The Maw

Here’s a link to a video of what the crash looks like: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/596219079426179072/620457400369152011/video.mov

I’ve hard reset my Xbox One, I even unplugged it from the outlet and waited for a around five minutes. None of the levels mentioned above still don’t want to start. However, now this is super weird, they’ll start on every difficultly except Normal. On Normal, all it does is crash and send be back to the Dashboares like the video up above shows.

Here’s a video of me starting a mission on Legendary (I already tested it on Easy, Normal, and Heroic as well, with Normal being the one that’s not working): https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/596219079426179072/621639706609975296/video.mov

It loads up just fine on everything but Normal. Heh, that’s almost ironic in a way. However, this is definitely a bug or a bad glitch.

I’m using a physical copy and I’m on the original Xbox One, if any of those details help.
I was introducing a friend of mine, who’s a first-time Halo player, and started on Combat Evolved Anniversary. He loved it, however, I couldn’t help but notice the wealth of texture glitches throughout all cutscenes and the final cutscene of the game (The Maw) was THE WORST offender (graphical and musical glitches). On the level, there is some issue with two musical tracks playing on top of each other and it makes the final cutscene’s music sound like a giant mess. The music tracks don’t fit at all. I am one of the biggest Halo fans ever. I love this series and try to expose as many of my friends to this awesome franchise as possible. At the very least, please fix the ENDING of one of the greatest games of all time. It deserves it. Anyways, keep up the great work 343, you guys are the absolute best.
I was playing through the games on Heroic, and when I started playing 2, I turned on scoring. Everything seemed normal until I was midway through Cairo Station and it started giving red 0s for all of my kills, but still giving negatives for deaths/TKs. I thought it was strange, but shrugged it off because it didn’t really matter, I wasn’t going to break any records anyway. All went back to normal at the start of the next level, but then it went back to giving 0s midway through. It did this every single level throughout Halo 2. I thought I would be rid of it when I started 3, but it did it the whole way through 3 as well. I would provide footage, but I don’t know how to record my gameplay.
I was playing through the games on Heroic, and when I started playing 2, I turned on scoring. Everything seemed normal until I was midway through Cairo Station and it started giving red 0s for all of my kills, but still giving negatives for deaths/TKs. I thought it was strange, but shrugged it off because it didn’t really matter, I wasn’t going to break any records anyway. All went back to normal at the start of the next level, but then it went back to giving 0s midway through. It did this every single level throughout Halo 2. I thought I would be rid of it when I started 3, but it did it the whole way through 3 as well. I would provide footage, but I don’t know how to record my gameplay.
How quickly did you complete them?
You stop accumulating points if you've spent too long on a level; I'm unsure of the specifics but the longer you take past the level's par time the lower your score multiplier will be, eventually reaching 0.
Please add a Coop Campaign browser, so the players dont need anymore to look on their friend lists for people available or around the clubs just to find a coop game
While I know they plan on adding a Custom Game browser, I do not know if they plan on including Campaign lobbies in it.
You stop earning points when you have doubled the par time of the level, example Cairo par time I believe is 15 min, so 30 min mark you can no longer earn points. Easiest way to find out final score of level is to turn on competitive scoring. It will show you your time and the score you currently have whereas just turning on scoring will show no time and the score without multipliers
For Halo 4, the end cutscene for Reclaimer, has the lighting been fixed?

Or is it still like this: http://i.imgur.com/Eb8Hi8a.png
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4