Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Campaign Feedback

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 9
Adog5836 wrote:
Let me begin by saying how fantastic of a job the team at 343 did when porting Reach to the Collection. It's better than I had thought it would have been, and I had high expectations as it was.

There is one issue I've had since Collection launched, however, and not many have talked about it.

The campaigns of the game are unplayable on Xbox Live co-op. The host of the game will be just fine, but every other player will face intense input lag that is unavoidable.

To recreate this bug, simply create a campaign lobby, load any mission in any game and start. The host will be fine, but all connected players will suffer intense lag. This has been an issue since 2014, so I do hope that some word begins to spread about this.

Fantastic work in general, though. This is a small bump on the very well made product.
My friend and I have also been having the same issue. Whoever isn't hosting experiences lag so bad that the campaign becomes unplayable for them. In Halo CE the movement feels like you're on ice skates and you rubber-band back and forth constantly. In Halo 2 You can barely move you're being teleported around so much. In Halo 3 the frame rate is unbelievably low for the host and any other players. I haven't played Halo 4 with anyone else. However, I recently bought the Halo: Reach campaign for myself and my friend. I am extremely upset to find out that my friend who is connecting is rubber-banding and is experiencing frame drops along with some input lag. It doesn't matter who hosts. I spent 20 dollars to play a remastered campaign that functions worse than the original on the Xbox 360. These issues have been present since 2014 and I contemplate why I even thought what I payed for would work in the first place, seeing as nothing else does.
Co-op campaign is nearly unplayable. Frame rate is bad. Controller input delayed by nearly a full second for the player not hosting. Both players experience a pause "waiting for players" notification every 30 seconds. No sound during intro cut scene until 6 walks past the falcon and even then the audio is only voice. No environmental or music. It's been a very bad $10 investment so far. We even switched hosts to see if it was internet issue but even the player with the better internet had the same issues switching to host.
Please fix. It's really bad
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo: Reach MCC on PC
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: I cannot play the Pillar of Autumn mission (9th Mission). I can load the mission but it will take me back to the campaign menu after loading. I've beaten all missions before this one, when I tried to resume the campaign I get the same problem. I tried launching the mission over the save I had and still had this issue even after relaunching the game aswell.
  • REPRO STEPS: N/A? I don't know why this would happen. It happens when I trying to load the mission.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: There's not really a way that I can show this issue. I have no error messages either.
Can confirm. Hope all will be well.
MCC HALO GAME: Reach

ISSUE/FEEDBACK: The difficulty of space combat during Long Night of Solace seems to have been ramped up noticeably from the original game on 360. This makes that section of the game unnecessarily difficult and downright unpleasant.
EDIT: I took my own advice and popped OG Reach into my xbox to see what was up (admittedly, I hadn't done this before posting). Turns out the difference seems to be that the auto-aim in the original Reach (or bullet magnetism...?) seems to be far more effective, and hits are much harder to land in MCC Reach. Otherwise, it seems just as easy to die and the real difference is it's just harder to kill as fast as before.

REPRO STEPS: Play Long Night of Solace on legendary on the 360 version of Reach and then on MCC's. Note the differences.

ADDITIONAL INFO: I've got a thread about this in the MCC forum (here) in which people seem to be in general agreement that this seems to be an actual bug of some kind (...or intentional?) and not just a figment of our collective imaginations. Several recent comments in this old legendary walkthrough also make note of the issue, and the video itself shows an experience that is way easier than what I just played in MCC Reach.
Reach: Mission: the package, mcc, xbox1

Easy, no skulls, (easy full campaign playlist), Co-op,
we immediately hit the buttons and spawned the banshees, we were unable to destroy the anti-air guns with the tanks, even after driving around and killing all the enemies on the map. Restarted the level, without hitting the switches for banshees, still nothing. Quit & Ended level and restated the level without hitting banshee switches and everything worked fine.

Conclusion, banshee easter egg breaks the level.
I've encountered a few bugs in Campaign. First, armor color except helmet and some parts of the chest piece will be dark black.

In co-op, during cutscenes sound is cut except for voice clips. Voice clips would be echo-y.

Elites and other AIs will still make noise even after dying.

In the mission "Pillar of Autumn," there is a zone that will turn you or a gun pinkish purple.
Put the Bandana Skull in Halo Reach
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo Reach / Steam
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: "Stick With It...A Little Longer" achievement unlocked 3 days after the 1st time I played the game, on an account that never played any Halo game.
  • REPRO STEPS: N/A
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: N/A
  • MCC HALO GAME:Halo 2A
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: low framerate and lag in campaign after Reach update.
  • MCC HALO GAME:Halo 2A, Halo CE
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: low framerate and screen tearing, probably adaptive resolution scaling is disabled after update.
MCC HALO GAME: Reach

ISSUE/FEEDBACK: The difficulty of space combat during Long Night of Solace seems to have been ramped up noticeably from the original game on 360. This makes that section of the game unnecessarily difficult and downright unpleasant.
EDIT: I took my own advice and popped OG Reach into my xbox to see what was up (admittedly, I hadn't done this before posting). Turns out the difference seems to be that the auto-aim in the original Reach (or bullet magnetism...?) seems to be far more effective, and hits are much harder to land in MCC Reach. Otherwise, it seems just as easy to die and the real difference is it's just harder to kill as fast as before.

REPRO STEPS: Play Long Night of Solace on legendary on the 360 version of Reach and then on MCC's. Note the differences.

ADDITIONAL INFO: I've got a thread about this in the MCC forum (here) in which people seem to be in general agreement that this seems to be an actual bug of some kind (...or intentional?) and not just a figment of our collective imaginations. Several recent comments in this old legendary walkthrough also make note of the issue, and the video itself shows an experience that is way easier than what I just played in MCC Reach.
Wow, then I was not the only one who noticed this. When I was playing this mission on legendary last week, I noticed this too. The space fight is much harder on the MCC's version compared to the 360 version of the game. At first I thought that I was out of practice (the last time I beat Reach in Legendary was 5 or 6 years ago), but now you and the posts in the other thread that you linked confirmed that the difficulty of this part of the mission is broken.
Okay I know typically we use these forums to complain (present company included) but I have to say JOB-FREAKING-WELLDONE!! *Round of applause* I remember with Halo Reach one of the points that a reviewer made (The Act Man) stated that the moment you were melee'd by the covenant, there was no reaction time and you would die immediately. 343 you took care of that. Don't think I didn't notice. Also this game is running 4k at 60 fps on my Xbox One and it is smooth as butter. Wow 343 you really put your foot in this one! Outstanding job devs. Worth the $10 even though I have the collectors edition from when it first dropped for my 360. Again 343 awesome. We need to send you more pizza!!!
Halo Reach campaign for MCC has issues. The sound is muddy, sound effects and dialogue are drowned out by the bass in the music soundtrack. This has been well demonstrated by Digital Foundry’s video analysis on MCC's Reach Campaign. There's no option to turn down the soundtrack vs the sound effects (WTF?!?). Also there is a lot of frame skips, occasional stutter, and sound drops. I'm happy to finally be able to play Reach on Xbox One X at 60fps, but with all the issues highlighted here and in DF’s video, I kind of want to go back to my backward-compatibile 360 copy of Reach and play a more faithful version. Please keep working on this game 343, it's still got a ways to go.
RavingWasp wrote:
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo Reach / Steam
This feedback thread is for Xbox, please use the thread in the PC forums thanks
  • MCC HALO GAME: reach mcc xbox one
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: banshees falling down when far away on falcon turret levels. When operating turret I noticed when I got too far away banshees would stop open and fall down i believe this could be because of enemies despawning at a distance
  • REPRO STEPS: just play one of these levels I was on the level where you save the citizens after getting thrown off the ship by jorge
This was present in legacy Halo Reach as well. It's normal and likely won't be fixed since it's identical to what happens in the original.
Where is campaign xp and commendations? Why have you removed so much soul from reach? You’ve added a redundant ranking system (you give tokens but don’t let us choose our own rewards, so why even add the feature?) that only tracks PvP and firefight matchmaking. OG reach gave xp in multiple ways in the campaign. You’ve gutted the best features and removed stuff. Why replay the campaign now when it’s not worth it after it’s completed? You added a universal rank up system for PvP, but you thought it was smart to remove commendations, daily bounties, and campaign xp? I’m truly sorry, but I gotta ask... who’s making these decisions?
Today when playing campaign co-op. i noticed that whenever we hit revert to last check point, it would add a ton of time to the tracked playtime in stats. both in game career stats and on waypoint. we ran through Reach on legendary for the 3 hour or less. we finished in 2:34:51 but profile says 21:02:17. it only happened on the missions we hit revert to last check point
Game: Halo 2
Subject: Skulls
Issue: Skull effect do not activate when skulls are picked up in game. Please bring back skull effect activation via pickup.

Also, the grunt birthday party skull used in Halo 2 MCC does not align with the original skull for the original Xbox. The original skull left a plasma grenade explosion when you head shot grunts, not a birthday cheer. Please fix this as well.

As a side note, I would also think it would be nice to add the phantom gun (big needler; see Generalkidd's video) as a weapon like the scarab skull guns. It is super cool.
imDSTROY wrote:
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo Reach MCC PC
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: In Winter Contingency in Legacy you can take down the falcon with a plasma pistol, now it seems to be impossible, the falcon stays in the air no matter how many plasma pistol shot you use against him (legendary walkthrough)
  • REPRO STEPS: Normal walkthrough till you get the civilian vehicule, get in, on the way you'll find two skirmisher, kill them and steal the plasma pistol. Keep on driving few meters till you get below the falcon, climb the hill and that it. Here you should be able to take him down in order to steal it.
Not sure if the issue is exclusive to PC but I would double check that you are doing the glitch correctly. You can’t just try to EMP it at any time, in the section right before you first get in the truck, Jun’s Falcon needs to be at the farthest point away from you, then you need to sprint forward to hit the checkpoint. If you do it correctly, Jun will teleport away and when you see the Falcon later on the hill you’re describing, Jun will not be in it. It’s taken me 2 EMPs sometimes to take it down but it works at least on Xbox.
Please, PLEASE, make kat pass a driving test
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 9