Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Campaign Feedback

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. ...
  9. 17
  • MCC HALO GAME: HALO 2 : ANNIVERSARY REGRET
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: god despawn on the level regret not despawning phamton after doing steps rights
  • REPRO STEPS: after sniping 5 jackals and completing the god launch
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: have tried 200+ attempts.... that phantom wont despawn
SpectreA8 wrote:
SpectreA8 wrote:
SpectreA8 wrote:
MCC HALO GAME: Halo 2 Anniversary
ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Locke/Arbiter End Cutscene not appearing after "The Great Journey"
I know those cutscenes are (probably) non-canon after the fact (that "fact" being HALO 5's campaign), but I liked those cutscenes, particularly because of the Arbiter. It would be nice to see that cutscene after "The Great Journey", just like how we always see the beginning cutscene before "Heretic". That would make it truly bookend.
What are you talking about? The Arbiter & Locke cutscene is a prologue to Halo 2; it plays at the very beginning of the game before the opening cutscene. It's not supposed to be at the end of the game. And it definitely IS canon; the cutscene was newly added to Halo 2 Anniversary as a teaser and lead-in to Halo 5 as the MCC came out before Halo 5. It was not in the original Halo 2. There's no bug.
What are YOU talking about? I know the beginning Locke/Arbiter scene plays out just before the "Heretic" cutscene. I am talking about the cutscene that is supposed to play at the end, AFTER "The Great Journey". When I finish that level, the cliffhanger scene and the Gravemind/Cortana scene at the end play out, but the Locke/Arbiter cutscene does not. It just goes straight to the menu. I like those scenes. And Halo Channel is useless when playing those cutscenes.
I'm talking about exactly what I said. There is no second new Arbiter/Locke cutscene at the end of the game, just the beginning. The last cutscene of the game is the Oracle telling Keyes, Johnson, and the Arbiter about the Ark, then the Master Chief arrives at Earth aboard the Forerunner Keyship to "Finish this fight", and then they attached to that cutscene the cutscene with Cortana and the Gravemind in High Charity that was originally after the credits. That's it, there's nothing else.
That is precisely what I'm complaining about. There is a second Arbiter/Locke cutscene, but it was only viewable on Halo Channel. And for some reason, Halo Channel won't let me play that. It would be nice for 343 to include that scene after "The Great Journey".
That cutscene is just extra, just like the day at the beach. It's not supposed to play as part of the game. It was originally shown the first time you booted up the Halo 5 beta. I guess they just threw it in with the Halo 2 cutscenes playlist later on, even though it's not really a Halo 2 cutscene. It is only shown on the Halo Channel. The reason you can't see it is because the Halo Channel just sucks. Like really sucks. 90% of the time it just doesn't work. Yet another reason why it's completely incomprehensible why they made the cutscenes (when accessed through the extras menu) and terminals stream from the internet instead of just including them in the game install, as I stated in the misc feedback thread.

It was a nice touch that they took the time to redo the day at the beach, even though it's not part of the game and was just on the extras disc of the original game.
Well, when you put it like that, it makes sense. Still, a couple websites made it look like that bookend was supposed to be after the level. As for Halo Channel? AMEN.
Would it be possible to add an ability for us to create our own campaign playlist? I’d love an option to compile my favorite missions into a custom play through of my own
GRANTERS18 wrote:
While playing co-op legendary campaign the iron skull is in effect even though I have no skulls on. Every time one person dies it resets the checkpoint.
That's the default in Halo 2.
So? Just change it then....no point havin the iron skull if its on by default
It’s just how Bungie originally made the Legendary difficulty work for Halo 2. There’s other skulls you can turn on to help balance the game more in your favor, but it isn’t considered an issue with the game; it’s just standard.
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: god despawn on the level regret not despawning phamton after doing steps rights
Weird. I am still able to do it.
There's another person that reported that Johnson won't clone himself during the Tartarus fight. He just gets plucked out of the Spectre and that's it. I have tried for myself, but to me it still works and Johnson clones himself like he always did.

I don't know why some of the glitches do not work for you guys. It seems some players are affected, and others are not.
Hello. Under the link https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-update there is information that Russian postscoring and subtitles are added to the last update. We, the Russian community, did not wait for the localization of the first three games of the series. Help us, localize at least subtitles.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo CE:A
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: When playing the level Silent Cartographer on Heroic co-op, I had pushed forward at the entrance to the path to the security shutdown area while my co-op partner stayed behind covering me in the Warthog. I took damage that brought me down to 1 bar of HP, then took more damage and died. I respawned instantly (literally instantaneous, there wasn't even a second between dying and respawning) back near my partner; however, when I respawned, I still had no shields and 1 bar HP. I did not respawn with full shields/health. I know I respawned and did not simply teleport because I had different weapons (AR and plasma pistol instead of AR and magnum).
  • REPRO STEPS: Don't know if it's reproducible, but you can try. Load up Silent Cartographer (Heroic), get to the area where Cortana says there's a path, have co-op partner stay back towards the beach near the UNSC gear, other player pushes forward into the enemies. Other player should allow death, then should respawn back near partner since they're far away enough.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: I believe my partner was hosting the game, but I can't be sure.
IT IS NOW UNLOCKED: I restarted the game and it popped during the loading.

Achievement not unlocking
I hit the under three hours halo 3 legendary campaign ( check my service record, it’s like 2 hours and 56 minutes ), but the achievement won’t unlock.
On the MCC service record it shows me I have a best time for halo 3 campaign of 3 hours and 47 minutes, which I have not.

Anyway I’ll report a bug: in every game campaign menu, I can’t see any leardboards or speedrun time
D4vid 360 wrote:
IT IS NOW UNLOCKED: I restarted the game and it popped during the loading.
Achievement not unlockingI hit the under three hours halo 3 legendary campaign ( check my service record, it’s like 2 hours and 56 minutes ), but the achievement won’t unlock.
On the MCC service record it shows me I have a best time for halo 3 campaign of 3 hours and 47 minutes, which I have not.

Anyway I’ll report a bug: in every game campaign menu, I can’t see any leardboards or speedrun time
Yes, sometimes the unlocking of achievements is delayed.
It actually happened the same for me for Halo 4. I did it in under 3 hours, but the achievement did not unlock until the next day, in which it popped up as soon as I opened the menu... and that was unexpected honestly, since I still have to start practicing Midnight.
This happened with many other achievements as well. They just unlock later on.

I can see my times on the campaigns menu, but not on some of the playlists. I have to directly go to the leaderboards in that case to see my own time.
For individual missions, you will need to hit certain times in order for them to show up. Not necessarily sub par time though. At least, that is what I observed in many missions across the games.
Mcc game: halo 2

problem: on the great journey when you go near the scarab on the original version the spec ops commander can be heard saying dialogue but on mcc you can barely here it if you are next to him I hope you read this and fix this in the next update.
Same really annoying bug since launch day, hope 343 fix this bug
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 3 Campaign
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Incorrect Brute spawns on sentry towers on Tsavo Highway and The Covenant, 4 years later
  • REPRO STEPS: After rally point bravo on Tsavo Highway when you receive Warthog reinforcements,The Covenant just before radio message saying " Hornets inbound "
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: XB1/XB1X, All difficulties, the brutes are standing at the base of the portable watch tower doing nothing, brutes run into the side of their portable watch tower causing it fall over I don't have video of first problem but do have one for the second https://youtu.be/dsS7cOM4q4w?t=978
There's another person that reported that Johnson won't clone himself during the Tartarus fight. He just gets plucked out of the Spectre and that's it. I have tried for myself, but to me it still works and Johnson clones himself like he always did.

I don't know why some of the glitches do not work for you guys. It seems some players are affected, and others are not.
pre patch i did it, but failed my run on trying to kill regret, after patch im struggling ;/ jonhson does clone no prob
<p></p>
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 4 Spartan Ops 9-1 "The Search For Halsey"
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: When playing the level solo on legendary difficulty, there is a progress halting freeze that cannot be avoided.
  • REPRO STEPS: This bug triggers at a very specific stage of the level 9-1 of Spartan Ops. After the turrets spawn, a comment about flanking is made, then the game freezes. This bug seems to only occur on Legendary.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: I have had it happen at the same point 10 times on two different xboxs, on 2 different TVs(one HD and the other 4K). Lowering the difficulty on the same level I ran into no freeze point.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 3 Campaign
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Incorrect Brute spawns on sentry towers on Tsavo Highway and The Covenant, 4 years later
  • REPRO STEPS: After rally point bravo on Tsavo Highway when you receive Warthog reinforcements,The Covenant just before radio message saying " Hornets inbound "
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: XB1/XB1X, All difficulties, the brutes are standing at the base of the portable watch tower doing nothing, brutes run into the side of their portable watch tower causing it fall over I don't have video of first problem but do have one for the second https://youtu.be/dsS7cOM4q4w?t=978
Yep. Noticed this, too.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo: CE Anniversary
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: On "The Maw" campaign mission, graphics flicker in the background during the opening cutscene.
  • REPRO STEPS: Merely start "The Maw" campaign mission with Anniversary graphics active.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: None.
Issue: Spartan Ops Episode 9 Chapter 1 keeps crashing on the defending the terminal section. Once Miller says, “They’re flanking you.” I am sent back to my dash. I’m
This has been bothering me since MCC came out, but why arn't some of the skulls that can be across all games not added to goether games? Like the Bandanna Skull. D: I wanna be able to play Halo 3 and 4 with some of dem crazy skulls. I know some of them can't transfer over, but still. Bandanna can, Biggere explosions can, and Grunt Funeral can.

pre patch i did it, but failed my run on trying to kill regret, after patch im struggling ;/ jonhson does clone no prob
Well, I was just doing Regret, and found something interesting. I have failed to get the Phantom despawned. So, just for fun, I shoot one of the Hunters while they were dropping, killing him. Afterwards, I heard the dialogues that should be there, and the gondolas kept moving, just like as if I did succeed in despawning the Phantom.

If you can't get it, then I guess you can try to kill one of the Hunters, and see if that works for you instead.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 4
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Excessive pop-in of decorative geometry (grass, rocks, vegetation, etc)
  • REPRO STEPS: Play any Halo 4 campaign mission, particularly noticeable on 'Infinity'
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: DVR link to come.

Well, I was just doing Regret, and found something interesting. I have failed to get the Phantom despawned. So, just for fun, I shoot one of the Hunters while they were dropping, killing him. Afterwards, I heard the dialogues that should be there, and the gondolas kept moving, just like as if I did succeed in despawning the Phantom.

If you can't get it, then I guess you can try to kill one of the Hunters, and see if that works for you instead.
did you run into the 2 elites and the buggers ?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. ...
  9. 17