Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Campaign Feedback

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 14
  4. 15
  5. 16
  6. ...
  7. 17
So far so good, weapon and music audio is a bit low in H2 Classic campaign, but otherwise no major crashes or errors since the patch.

However this bug still isn't fixed:
Xerxes52 wrote:
MCC HALO GAME: Halo 2 Anniversary.
ISSUE/FEEDBACK: The "Bandanna" Skull does not provide infinite ammo for battery powered weapons.

Here is the list of weapons that are not properly affected by the skull:
Energy Sword
Plasma Pistol
Plasma Rifle (including Brute variant)
Particle Beam Rifle
Sentinel Beam
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 2 and Halo 3 ODST
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Cannot get the IWHBYD skull in halo 2 campaign even tried everything possible. Now in Halo 3: ODST, I cannot get the final audio log even after spending hours getting all the 29 audio logs in Mombasa Streets
  • REPRO STEPS: I’m not sure if there’s any bugs causing this, but I’ve been doing both missions for a long time trying to get these two achievements unlocked. Probably spent 6+ hours on halo 2 trying to get the IWHBYD skull. And 3+ hours trying to get the 30th audio log in Halo 3: ODST
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: I tried many days to get these things to work. Mainly IWHBYD skull. Killed many hours just to try to get it, but never got it and gave up. Then came Halo 3: ODST and spent 3+ hours trying to do the 30th audio log, but gave up. Please focus on the campaign more, and maybe whatever bugs on unlocking achievements.
Deleted
Snipe N21 wrote:
HWM MC wrote:
Snipe N21 wrote:
Episode 9 chapter 1 The Search For Halsey in Spartan Ops consistently soft crashes I cannot complete it on standard Xbox One. I have not tried it on S or X.

*Edit: Can confirm Xbox One X does soft crash on this mission as well.
Also experiencing this issue on the Xbox One X. The crash happens after activiating the defense turrets and just after the "they're flanking" dialgoue starts. Was able to reproduce a second time as well.
Mission settings were legendary difficulty with no skulls activated.
Mission setting were Heroic with IWHBYD and Grunt birthday skulls on.
Happens to me as well. Really hope they fix it in next update as the last 8gb patch did nothing. no skulls legendary xbox one s.
So I've been playing quite a bit of Halo 3 recently and the draw distance on certain objects seem far too low. This isn't a bug as such, because the original Halo 3 did this as well, but it is something that can be vastly improved. There is no sense in massively increasing the resolution, adding AA, upping the frame rate, only to be hampered by low draw distance.

Bipeds and vehicles should be visible at greater distances. There are many examples (The Ark is especially bad) where they should clearly be visible but the distance culling is too aggressive. This made sense in the original Halo 3 for performance reasons, but much greater hardware power is available, and this should impose a fairly negligible performance penalty.

Corpses should not have their draw distance lowered after a short amount of time (something like 15 seconds). These are objects that should be readily visible, and it breaks immersion where they will vanish and then reappear at short distances. Again, there is much greater hardware power available, and the garbage collection algorithm should be able to remove it when not needed. Bear in mind as well that the game already draws these bipeds when they're alive at normal distances, so it's hard to argue that the power isn't there to do it.

The ability to add rewind to Halo 3 campaign films would be awesome.
Photolysis wrote:
So I've been playing quite a bit of Halo 3 recently and the draw distance on certain objects seem far too low. This isn't a bug as such, because the original Halo 3 did this as well, but it is something that can be vastly improved. There is no sense in massively increasing the resolution, adding AA, upping the frame rate, only to be hampered by low draw distance.

Bipeds and vehicles should be visible at greater distances. There are many examples (The Ark is especially bad) where they should clearly be visible but the distance culling is too aggressive. This made sense in the original Halo 3 for performance reasons, but much greater hardware power is available, and this should impose a fairly negligible performance penalty.

Corpses should not have their draw distance lowered after a short amount of time (something like 15 seconds). These are objects that should be readily visible, and it breaks immersion where they will vanish and then reappear at short distances. Again, there is much greater hardware power available, and the garbage collection algorithm should be able to remove it when not needed. Bear in mind as well that the game already draws these bipeds when they're alive at normal distances, so it's hard to argue that the power isn't there to do it.

The ability to add rewind to Halo 3 campaign films would be awesome.
While it would be nice to increase the LoD in both Halo 3 and 4, I think it would be better to add some texture filtering first. Going from a full 16xAF on the One X pre update to none post update is disappointing.

Especially at 4k when you really want the texture clarity.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 3 ODST
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Now in Halo 3: ODST, I cannot get the final audio log even after spending hours getting all the 29 audio logs in Mombasa Streets
  • REPRO STEPS: And 3+ hours trying to get the 30th audio log in Halo 3: ODST
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: Then came Halo 3: ODST and spent 3+ hours trying to do the 30th audio log, but gave up. Please focus on the campaign more, and maybe whatever bugs on unlocking achievements.
The 30th audio log is not in Mombasa streets. It's actually in Data Hive. You just have to start a session in Data Hive and you'll find the 30th audio log from there
AshamanND wrote:
Some stats like mission times don't track, can't finish the campaign on legendary in under 3 hours because of that. Tried pillar of autumn got it under 7 minutes but then realized that it's not tracking my timings.
Did you have any skulls enabled?

Also completed a h2 playlist but under my career stats there are no completed playlists for this game and haven't got the achievement too, 4 missions for nothing, again...
What does the in-game menu say? IIRC the playlist menus should say how many playlists you've completed, and when you click it, it probably says which specific playlists you've completed. Can you screenshot your in-game menu?
I've tried it both, with and without any skulls. But no skulls that are directly affecting score or times like bandana, only stuff like grunt birthdayparty... don't have screenshot of my runs, but first was 10:00 and the other one high 6 minutes, both have not been tracked.
For the playlist however for a couple days the the playlist menu for a h2 fan favorite playlist said that i've completed 4 out of 4, but today i logged in and it says 1 out of 4, so weird things are going on. Maybe there were some issues atm i tried these achievements i dunno
The spartan mission "The Search for Halsey" Episode 9 Chapter 1 is crashing every time, no matter what i try. Played it solo on legendary without skulls on the Xbox One X. If you are getting to the point when you have to defend and the promethean turrets are on your side, around 70 kills, the game freezes.
MCC HALO GAME: Halo 2 Anniversary

Issue: When playing on any mission as the arbiter in Halo 2 anniversary graphics certain weapons like the energy sword and plasma rifle will go right through the character models leg when you look down at your leg which truly is an immersion breaking issue. Some enemy/ ally elites don't duel wield at all and that needs to be looked into when they do duel wield in the original x box version of halo 2 but mcc halo 2 they don't on many levels. Some areas in levels are darker than I feel they should be. If 343 can find a way to address or meditate this issue that would be appreciated.
The spartan mission "The Search for Halsey" Episode 9 Chapter 1 is crashing every time, no matter what i try. Played it solo on legendary without skulls on the Xbox One X. If you are getting to the point when you have to defend and the promethean turrets are on your side, around 70 kills, the game freezes.
Just to note, this is a known and logged issue and is being investigated
ske7ch wrote:
Please use this official thread to share any and all MCC CAMPAIGN FEEDBACK.
  • Multiplayer Feedback can be provided HERE.
  • Misc/Other Feedback can be provided HERE
If you encounter an issue or have a suggestion or general feedback related to MCC CAMPAIGN, please include as much detail as possible.

• MCC HALO GAME: please specify which game within MCC you're providing feedback for
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: please be as detailed as possible.
  • REPRO STEPS: If it's a bug/issue, please provide the steps taken to reproduce this bug (if applicable)
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: If you have a screenshot, game clip, or other supporting material, please provide the link in your post.
Thank you!
  • MCC HALO GAME: halo 3
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: on mission the ark not unlocking par score on legendary
  • REPRO STEPS: i played the ark with 5 skulls on in legendary mode, i used the vehicles provided to get my par score high. I took my time and the mission took me about and hour and 30min to complete. As i got to the end to the final set of brutes, the indivisible ones followed me out as i made my way to the platform to fight the chieftain. Once completing it i began to notice i didnt unlock my par score achievment having about 34k in points. Also i unlocked the achievment "who needs him?"
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: check my gamertage dynasty91 on my captures i have the complete video and screen shot
MCC Halo Game: Halo 2 Legendary Solo
ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Level Regret grunts not attacking always
REPRO STEPS: There wasnt really a solution to this problem besides maybe reloading the checkpoint
ADDITIONAL INFO: I noticed it happening a lot more frequent when you get to the last part of the lvl where you have to kill prophet of regret. The grunts run out to kill you but then they will just sit there and stare at you without shooting. Even if i shoot around them to see if i can get their attention which sometimes works. It doesnt happen all the time but frequent enough to where it was too easy for me to get past that lvl. i already reported it on the xbox report issue and have video attached to show example
MCC HALO GAME: Halo 3 ODST
ISSUES/FEEDBACK: Structures look like black shadows, not rendering color
REPRO STEPS: not sure how to resolve it but probably could have fixed it by restarting the level
ADDITIONAL INFO: Played the lvl nmpd HQ on legendary coop. The beginning area where you have to blow the bridge has rendering issues with the structures. They look like they are all just colored in black but when i use special vision it seems to light up just a little to where i can see some color in the texture. Might be lighting issues that needs to be readjusted. This texture issue still continues to happen even furthur into the lvl shortly after the bridge
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 2 Anniversary
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: The game crashes near the end of Delta Halo
  • REPRO STEPS: ?
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: While playing couch co-op on Easy with my 10 year old, the game functions fine until you near the end of the temple section. At a certain point the screen goes black and my XBOX completely hangs. The only way to free it is to turn the power off. We had the same problem before MCC was rebooted this summer. It is very frustrating as I am having her play through all of the Halo games in order via couch co-op. When we encountered this 3 times in a row earlier this year, we stopped playing. Later, when I heard about all the work being done for a relaunch of MCC, I told her we would hold off until the game was re-released. To have the same game killing bug happen is demoralizing. This coming from a guy who took the day off of work when MCC initially released just to play it. We moved on to ODST but have finished that and really want to get back to Halo 2. Please help!
Thank you!
Nerp83 wrote:
MCC Ark with no vehicle's achievement still doesnt unlock ..ive only done it 4 times through the years. Everytime its a waste of time .
Did U remember to put on the skulls?
Nerp83 wrote:
MCC Ark with no vehicle's achievement still doesnt unlock ..ive only done it 4 times through the years. Everytime its a waste of time .
Did U remember to put on the skulls?
Skulls????
X BEOX wrote:
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 2 Anniversary
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: The game crashes near the end of Delta Halo
  • REPRO STEPS: ?
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: While playing couch co-op on Easy with my 10 year old, the game functions fine until you near the end of the temple section. At a certain point the screen goes black and my XBOX completely hangs. The only way to free it is to turn the power off. We had the same problem before MCC was rebooted this summer. It is very frustrating as I am having her play through all of the Halo games in order via couch co-op. When we encountered this 3 times in a row earlier this year, we stopped playing. Later, when I heard about all the work being done for a relaunch of MCC, I told her we would hold off until the game was re-released. To have the same game killing bug happen is demoralizing. This coming from a guy who took the day off of work when MCC initially released just to play it. We moved on to ODST but have finished that and really want to get back to Halo 2. Please help!
Thank you!
Are you playing connected to Xbox Live or local co-op only?

Does your 10 year old have her own Gamertag or is she signed in as a guest?

Just trying to gather info to see if I can do a repro. :)
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 4
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Achievement not unlocking
  • REPRO STEPS: Achievement "This is my Rifle, This is my Gun" does not unlock after carrying unsc weapon (assault rifle) all the way through
    Achievement "Hazard Pay" "Term of Enlistment" do not show/build progress when playing on legendary
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: none
Están muy geniales todas las campañas de halo
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 14
  4. 15
  5. 16
  6. ...
  7. 17