Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Campaign Feedback

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 17
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo CEA (specifically Anniversary graphics)
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: The missions "Assault on the Control Room" & "Two Betrayals", those big, fluffy snow flakes are insanely detailed & beautiful in 4K. It's really distracting. The game is now too pretty. Difficult to focus on playing.
  • REPRO STEPS: Play Halo CEA in 4K.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: Good job on the update!
so this is just a small thing that was a little irritating and I have no clue if it's intentional or a bug but the bandana skull in H2A does not apply to battery weapons, which can be fun to use but they feel useless compared to ammo weapons...if this is a bug I hope it gets fixed it works fine in HCEA just not H2A
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 2/ Anniversary
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: On the mission Metropolis, when exiting the tank after crossing the bridge, the marine that is supposed to give you the shotgun for the CQC part in the tunnel, is just a pair of floating gums and teeth with a floating shotgun. (You can still swap guns though)
  • REPRO STEPS: Playing singleplayer/ Normal difficulty/ Started from the beginning
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: Playing on an Xbox One X with 4K and HDR on. The teeth and gums still act like a normal marine shooting enemies, talking, etc.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo CE/A
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: During the intro cinematic for the mission The Silent Cartographer the pelicans flying behind you and background in general is extremely choppy on a One X with 4k and HDR on
  • REPRO STEPS: Singleplayer/ Mission start/ Xbox One X with 4k and HDR enabled
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: The game starts running significantly better once you can free aim around the cabin freely, but still remains a bit stuttery/ choppy until you land.
In Every Campaign on the DISC version for the One X. There is a HUGE memory leak. Which drops frames and makes the game barely playable. I was noticing Very low teens and even single digits frames constantly, This seemed to happen on CO OP as I have not discovered any for Single player. Yes, my internet was fine. But this is an issue that needs to be looked into.
Halo Playlist
I played through the Halo 3 ODST LASO Playlist with my buddy being the host, but I can't resume it to finish it by being the host myself. My mission progress reads 9/10 , but it starts from the mission Tayari Plaza.

Halo Co-op Campaign
After trying to do some Halo CE & Halo 3 Co-op with my friends, we encountered movement delay and lag for anyone who was not the session host.
I'm hoping this is something that you guys are looking into, because this would be awesome to play with my old Halo buddies, without having to combat latency the whole time.

Thanks!!!
Bring the New Mombasa mission to Halo 2? We all want to play the famous deleted E3 mission, it be pretty cool!
GRANTERS18 wrote:
While playing co-op legendary campaign the iron skull is in effect even though I have no skulls on. Every time one person dies it resets the checkpoint.
Are you playing Halo 2 by chance? If you play Halo 2 co-op on legendary, it will have the iron skull effect regardless of whether or not you turned on the skull.
It was Halo 2 and I didn’t know that! Thanks for the info! I’m relatively new to playing campaigns Co-Op as I usually prefer solo.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 4 (Spartan Ops)
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Spartan Ops episode not playing. Hit Y to playing the episodes in the Spartan Ops menu. Halo Channel popup appears, hit continue. Halo Channel opens and I get a "THAT'S NOT RIGHT - Sorry about that. The content you selected can't be played at this time." Why can't there be an option to save all of the episodes to the HDD like everything else? Also hate that it takes you out of the game to Halo Channel.
  • REPRO STEPS: Just play cutscenes for Spartan Ops episodes
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: Re-enjoying the amount of content MCC has to offer but now in 4k and HDR. Great job on the update 343! Now please fix the Spartan Ops issue and get cracking on bringing in Reach into the fold.
Back in the day on the original games, we can save the game at a checkpoint we'd like, and return to it. I absolutely don't like how it auto-saves each checkpoint, and if you have a "bad checkpoint" then you can't go back to it. You have to restart the whole level again. For OCD players like me, it'd be awesome to return the saving checkpoints back to normal.
MCC HALO GAME: All HALO Channel Enabled Titles
ISSUE/FEEDBACK: All videos that stream from the Halo Channel such as Terminal videos or Spartan Ops cutscenes are either unavailable or stutter so heavily as to make the information provided disjointed and unintelligible.
REPRO STEPS: Play the missions and visit terminals or choose Spartan Ops cutscenes.
FEEDBACK: Currently there is no solution to this issue. This condition occurs on the Xbox One S and the Xbox One X and exists regardless of player bandwidth or latency. The ideal solution is to allow optional player choice of a download and installation of all game related videos and/or server technology must be upgraded sufficiently so that this issue is rectified.
I have a same issue of Halo Channel app. My MCC is Japanese version.
Does MCC US version have a same problem?
MCC HALO GAME: Halo 2 and 3 (possibly 4 as well, but I haven't installed that yet)

ISSUE: Tutorial Message Bug (the tutorial prompts are way too aggressive)

REPRO STEPS: I was playing the entire Halo 2 campaign on Normal and on the level High Charity, the second to last level, I was still getting tutorial messages about my shield recharging.

In one are my shields dropped and a message appeared to warm me my shields were down, then, a second later, they started charging and a message appeared to tell me they were charging again.
Then to test the issue I threw a grenade and dropped my shields and the same two messages appeared. This happened five times in a row until I died and the next the issue went away.

Likewise, in Halo 2 and 3 whenever I drive a warthog for more than a few minutes a message appears telling me to "press Left Trigger to power slide".
Multiples times in the same level.

SOLUTION: Just let us disable tutorials. This is Halo. I've replayed each campaign dozens of times. I know how to press the buttons.
MCC HALO GAME: All HALO Channel Enabled Titles
ISSUE/FEEDBACK: All videos that stream from the Halo Channel such as Terminal videos or Spartan Ops cutscenes are either unavailable or stutter so heavily as to make the information provided disjointed and unintelligible.
REPRO STEPS: Play the missions and visit terminals or choose Spartan Ops cutscenes.
FEEDBACK: Currently there is no solution to this issue. This condition occurs on the Xbox One S and the Xbox One X and exists regardless of player bandwidth or latency. The ideal solution is to allow optional player choice of a download and installation of all game related videos and/or server technology must be upgraded sufficiently so that this issue is rectified.
I have a same issue of Halo Channel app. My MCC is Japanese version.
Does MCC US version have a same problem?
That was the US MCC I was discussing. Yes the US version is horribly bugged/laggy/unavailable in game as well. Since I posted that there have been numerous reports in this thread detailing the same issues. Crackdown 3 is supposed to have server rendered physics destruction. How is that supposed to work if Microsoft's flagship series can't play a video correctly. The MCC is it's own case for allowing us to download these videos and stream them locally from our Xbox, regardless of size. If I can host 75GB of Quantum Break videos I can run the MCC terminal and Spartan Ops videos.
Hey, I played Reclaimer(Halo 4) on heroic with a few skulls on going for a good score. After destroying the big covenant ship it didn't actually destroy itself and dissapear and when the mammoth drove past that point no texture loaded in so it appeared to be driving on nothing. Ruined my score attempt to say the least. Never experienced something like this before the update so thought I would report this.
Console: Xbox One
Game: Halo 3
Problem: Online campaign co-op play is still lagging to the point of being unplayable.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo C.E.
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Playing 343 Guilty Spark in Coop, after watching the fate of the marines and Keyes which intros the flood, the sound effects for the host player cut out. Lose the ability to hear your gun fire, to hear the flood banging on the doors, etc.
  • REPRO STEPS: Play the mission 343 Guilty Spark from the beginning in Legendary (not sure if difficulty matters) and get to the checkpoint where you open the door and watch the marines video recording (didn't skip the cutscene).
MCC HALO GAME: Halo 4 (could be 3 and ODST as well)

ISSUE: I started the last level from the final
check point and finished the rest of the level on Easy difficulty. I watched the cutscene at the end of the level, then the epilogue, and then was taken back to the main menu.
But it now shows my Halo 4 completetion rate as 9/10 levels even though I've finished the entire campaign (before the update) and ha have the achievement to prove it. After the update all my other games still show mundane original progress from the previous version and Halo 4 used to show 10/10 completed levels.

So it seems like in this instance finishing a level ffom a mid way checkpoint cleared my previous completion level for that stage. This might be annoying if it deletes people's Legendary badges.

MCC HALO GAME: Halo 1 Anniversary

ISSUE: The bullets fired from the ghost start about three feet ahead of the gun. It doesn't look right and the Banshee doesn't have the issue. It's bullets come straight out from the gun barrels.
Packast wrote:
MCC HALO GAME: Cross-Game Playlist
ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Was playing the Master Chief Saga-playlist and then save/quit after first 25 missions. Tried continuing from where I left off but had to start from The Pillar of Autumn-mission.
REPRO STEPS: Not sure.
ADDITIONAL INFO: It still shows 25/45 complete but I can't resume from the right mission.
This for me was the biggest issue i had with the game and will not go back to it till the problem has been fixed! So annoying!
Halo 2: The Elites towards the end of the mission Quarantine Zone stopped working for some reason? They don't respond to the Flood attacking them, move out of their spawned location, or use their weapons whatsoever. Sadly I never recorded it, but I see this could be a major issue for player's playing on the higher difficulties.
It is glitchy. it won't let me even start any missions
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 17