Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

MCC Development Update Blog #3

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. ...
  7. 6
eLantern wrote:
DaxSeven09 wrote:
stckrboy wrote:
The way to look at it is: If you want it done fast, it's not going to be good. If you want it done right, you're going to have to wait. All the information about how things are progressing and how it will progress over the next few months is in the dev blogs. 343 have said they're going to take their time with it and it's kind of pointless rushing fixes out at this stage
So what this statement shows that even after the 2 year update that broke MCC. Since its been almost 4 since release shows that the devs are incapable of delivering. I have little hope after this response.
Well I have tremendous hope, and continue to look forward. The fact that they are focused on internal and external testing proves they're learning from their mistakes.

Okay, yes, it has been a long time, and they could have washed their hands of the whole thing, but they have chosen not to do that. Instead they are taking the monumental task of fixing not just one game but four or five including ODST. This is a reason to be optimistic not steeped in pessimism.
Well said!
They finally realized the money is in MCC. Lets see what happens.
I highly doubt that. This is a fan service move and a step toward making an initial goal finally a reality. It may also be a move that's received financial backing from Microsoft as they must know the Halo franchise is one of Xbox's most important exclusives.
Great stuff team!

Thank you for making consistent and informative / useful updates. Both of those aspects are important and allow us fans to be excited with you while maintaining reasonable expectations for the project.

I'm digging the U.I. update, but I have one request:
Please promise me you will KEEP the music change that occurs when you enter each campaign's menu. Oh man, it may seem kinda random, but that was my favorite part of the whole menu. I spend a few minutes every time I boot up the app to open each game's campaign menu just to see the background art and hear the music change. I love jumping from CE to 2 and into ODST with the more haunting tracks.

So please please please keep those tunes unique and in the menus! Cheers team!
I am really glad you are thinking about MCC. I know this is a lot of effort but I hope one day we will have everything here polished and achomplished for fans to enjoy
I truly am grateful you guys are fixing this game. It was already my favorite Xbox One game and now it’s getting improved. So glad to see it releasing it’s true potential.
Thank you so much dear developers!Please also add install option for Spartan Ops Cutscenes!
If we don't get a pc release on steam with windows 7 compatibility and a server browser similar to REDACTED. I will be incredibly dissapointed
eLantern wrote:
eLantern wrote:
DaxSeven09 wrote:
stckrboy wrote:
The way to look at it is: If you want it done fast, it's not going to be good. If you want it done right, you're going to have to wait. All the information about how things are progressing and how it will progress over the next few months is in the dev blogs. 343 have said they're going to take their time with it and it's kind of pointless rushing fixes out at this stage
So what this statement shows that even after the 2 year update that broke MCC. Since its been almost 4 since release shows that the devs are incapable of delivering. I have little hope after this response.
Well I have tremendous hope, and continue to look forward. The fact that they are focused on internal and external testing proves they're learning from their mistakes.

Okay, yes, it has been a long time, and they could have washed their hands of the whole thing, but they have chosen not to do that. Instead they are taking the monumental task of fixing not just one game but four or five including ODST. This is a reason to be optimistic not steeped in pessimism.
Well said!
They finally realized the money is in MCC. Lets see what happens.
I highly doubt that. This is a fan service move and a step toward making an initial goal finally a reality. It may also be a move that's received financial backing from Microsoft as they must know the Halo franchise is one of Xbox's most important exclusives.
No halo title has been as successful as halo 2-3. The many vocal fans here, the lack of players, shows they realize the money is mcc
Are you guys thinking about adding more maps to h2a? Like maybe Turf, Ivory Tower, Beaver Creek, Foundation and others?
and is there also a way to update the Post game List? Like adding the final score and accuracy?
Maybe also make it possible to have the Emblems for the individual games
It appears I'm not in the first flight but I'm interested to see the improvements you guys are working on. I'm a big H1, H2 and H2a guy. I wish 343 would consider dedicated servers with dedicated gametypes(server browser) sort of like Halo 2 pc had in addition to matchmaking. Also please remove cross game playlists. Team Hardcore needs to be separate from H2 and H3. 4v4 H1 is a must. Please also consider 1v1 playlists like Halo 2 had.

Thanks
Implement a new ranking system please
Oh KOLOSKY wrote:
Implement a new ranking system please
Please use the existing wish list threads for these types of requests, thanks
Dedicated servers better be the absolute first priority. It's been 15 years from XBC to XBL and the host advantage has always been the most unfair part of the game. You lied to us all and said this wouldn't be an issue. Many people spent a lot of money on a xbox one and this garbage game because of that lie. But hey let's talk about playlist options, because the host would love to dominate in new playlists. Dedicated servers, do it first, or start giving people their money back for your lies.
BigGann22 wrote:
Dedicated servers better be the absolute first priority. It's been 15 years from XBC to XBL and the host advantage has always been the most unfair part of the game. You lied to us all and said this wouldn't be an issue. Many people spent a lot of money on a xbox one and this garbage game because of that lie. But hey let's talk about playlist options, because the host would love to dominate in new playlists. Dedicated servers, do it first, or start giving people their money back for your lies.
Probably will never happen again. It's cheaper for MS and Game Mfr to off load to the gamers then to have dedicated servers. Nice thought though....
A great update for a great game. The UI looks great and the Halo in the background of the main menu brings back so many memory's from classic CE. Great work Guy's, Keep it up. :)
BigGann22 wrote:
Probably will never happen again. It's cheaper for MS and Game Mfr to off load to the gamers then to have dedicated servers. Nice thought though....
Just to let you know there are doing dedicated servers
BigGann22 wrote:
Did you read the Blog???
<p></p>
BigGann22 wrote:
There are doing?
BigGann22 wrote:
There are doing?
If you looked in the 1st dev. blog you'll notice that all MM games will have dedicated servers.
Make it possible to play 3v3 not just 4v4
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. ...
  7. 6