MCC Development Update Blog #5 - Discussion

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14
The latest MCC Development Update blog is now available! Check it out HERE.

Share your thoughts, feedback and discuss it all in this thread!
Cross game team slayer and BTB in my opinion need to have voting options still. Certain games particularly in BTB have more maps and gametypes available that could stagger one game coming up more often then others do to that. If we go by what's in the current build Halo 4 has the most game types and maps followed by Halo 2 Classic, Halo CE then Halo 2A. In team slayer you would have Halo 3 and Halo 4 coming up the most frequently followed by Halo 2 classic, then Halo CE and Halo 2A do to the amount of maps of available for each game in the Team slayer playlist.
I kind of alluded to this on twitter but I'm guessing there will be eyes on the telemetry of the Quickplay Social list to see what gets voted and played? And quit rates of specific games?

And if that's the case, can and/or will adjustments to the "core" playlist offerings be made based off that?

I'll be honest and say the reason I'm asking is because I'm tired of getting Halo 3 in the Team Slayer in current retail MCC. If I wanted to play Halo 3, I'd play the back compat version. I absolutely get that there's a good chunk of people who want to play Halo 3 but I'm super not interested in it right now. I'm much more interested in the social Halo CE 4v4 and Halo 2 lists since those cannot be played any other way. Or is this kind of where the "intelligent install" thing comes to play? And I can just opt to not install H3 MM and play everything else? (I am doubtful this is how it'll work but it'd be really nice lol.)

Also, when you say:

Quote:
  • Quickplay Slayer - Slayer offerings across all four titles)
Which of these combos does this mean, exactly:
  • CE, H2, H3, H4
  • CE, H2, H2A, H3
  • CE, H2/H2A, H3, H4
Please don't tell me you removed the 4v4 CE list! I saw that it was removed from the retail list, be such a bummer to miss out on that opprotunity.
Why is there no Halo 4 core playlist? It is the only game without one.
I really hope we'll be seeing a lot more UI updates as time goes on! What's in there now is an improvement but there's still a lot that could be improved and freshened up. Please don't make me start ranting about font sizes and nameplate readability again!
Quote:
Some players should find a few control schemes in Halo 3 and H2A behave as expected or diagrammed.
Does this mean the Hornet in H3 finally controls the way it should (go up/down with analog stick up/down instead of buttons)?! If so, THANK YOU!!!!
I kind of alluded to this on twitter but I'm guessing there will be eyes on the telemetry of the Quickplay Social list to see what gets voted and played? And quit rates of specific games?
Unless anything's changed since this was first mentioned, voting is gone, thankfully.
Not even one Halo 4 Playlist?? WOW GG
Unless anything's changed since this was first mentioned, voting is gone, thankfully.
Source on that? Not saying I don't believe you at all, I just know I've been super busy with my work and may have missed it so would love to admit I'm wrong. :)
You removed CE 4v4 AND CE BTB?!?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! I refuse to have any more Halo 3 forced upon me.
Great, so the retail playlist lineup is still "The Halo 3 Collection" I understand it has it's fans, and maybe they are the majority, but not giving Halo 4's own playlist and shoving CE, H2, H2A, and H4 BTB into one playlist is just pure -Yoink-.

Halo 4 needs a dedicated 4v4 playlist for it. I don't care if it's social or core, it needs a playlist. Halo 4 has it's fans and they should be allowed to play it whenever they want on MCC. Shoving it into Quickplay and BTB will just see the CE, H2, and H2A fans leave because they don't want to play Halo 4.

(And if it does get it's own playlists, make sure you include game modes like Extraction, Ricochet, Regicide and any other 4v4 game mode that's only in Halo 4 in the playlist please)

And as for BTB, the same issue I brought up will happen here. People. Will. Quit. Often.

You are shoving three distinctly different multiplayers + a remastered of one of them into a single playlist. CE and H2 fans will be quitting the Halo 4 matches a lot, meaning it's fans can't enjoy BTB properly. And the same will be going on with the other games in the playlist. I understand you want to limit the playlists and the population cannot sustain being spread so thin, but this is just a big middle finger to anyone who's not a Halo 3 fan. Combat Evolved, Halo 2, and Halo 4 play vastly different from each other. Trying to have them all share a single playlist is just a disaster waiting to happen.

And there's one more, rather minor, issue and that's with the new Intelligent Delivery option that allows players to pick and choose what multiplayers and campaigns they want installed. With CE, H2, H2A, and H4 sharing a single BTB playlist with no other way to enjoy the game mode, players will be forced to keep a multiplayer they otherwise wouldn't have installed downloaded just so they can play BTB. Maybe it won't lock players out of playlists, but that just means the Reach and Halo 4 DLC problems of the maps never showing up arises. Only now it's an entire game with Halo 4, because you can guarantee many will leave Halo 4 out.
Am I reading this right...You're removing SWAT and turning it into a rotational event mode?

ARE YOU SERIOUS?
I am concerned about Halo 4's place in multiplayer shown in the blog post, as far as we know, the only way we can play Halo 4 Multiplayer (excluding customs) is by casual Slayer/BTB, which is included with other games. Although few people play Halo 4's multiplayer on MCC, I don't want to see the game be taken off the ranked or 'core' category, despite it being relatively less popular than the other playlists (The only other ranked playlist I queue in is H2C). I believe that all the games in the collection should have at least one or more competitive playlists, and a social playlist dedicated to each, as well as playlists like Team Slayer, BTB, etc. for each game respectively.

I also think that the competitive playlists should have a veto system pre-match, instead of a vote system, to make matches more fairer, but keep the vote system in social playlists for quicker match starts. I also suggest improving the matchmaking system, taking inspiration from Halo 3, gradually expanding the search window the longer the search time for fairer matches.

Thank you for your time
Maybe add another H3 playlist in there. Don’t think you have enough
What happened to the 4v4 CE playlist you guys said would stick around for a while considering CE hasn't had one for a longggg time? ;'[

EDIT: Just to remind people, this is what was said last time:

https://i.gyazo.com/ea4e136747f44ed8d8f8653dd101347d.png

Quote:
The HCE players have not had a 4v4 playlist for a very, very long time and we feel they're long overdue.
Breaks. My. Heart.
What happened to the 4v4 CE playlist you guys said would stick around for a while considering CE hasn't had one for a longggg time? ;'[
This is Blog #5. Have you ever heard anything mentioned about CE Multiplayer? Nope. My only guess is that it’s beyond repair at this point.
Am I the only person still butt hurt over super bounces missing entirely or not working as they did back in the day for Halo 2 classic? Campaign and multiplayer require you to fall from greater heights in order to make them work as they originally did on the original Xbox. Resulting in a few epic things from my childhood now impossible...
This is Blog #5. Have you ever heard anything mentioned about CE Multiplayer? Nope. My only guess is that it’s beyond repair at this point.
Beyond repair? That's not a good guess at all lol. It's just a decision, and a bad one at that. A sad one at that. A criminal one at that.
Am I reading this right...You're removing SWAT and turning it into a rotational event mode?

ARE YOU SERIOUS?

F this garbage, I'm pissed....Where do I get my money back, I play swat more than anything, by far. This game is almost useless to me now and MCC SWAT was the main reason I purchased an X1.
Calm down. The update isnt even out yet and SWAT is getting second to best treatment here. They can't please everyone and 13000people voted. There's a customs browser coming and I'd be happy to beat you in SWAT anytime .🤣 We're all in this together.
Came into this thread to say good work and can't wait for the update.

Don't know why all these people are complaining. Yes CE BTB is still there. No 4v4 CE isn't because its bad, same with Halo 4.
BTB Bill wrote:
Came into this thread to say good work and can't wait for the update.

Don't know why all these people are complaining. Yes CE BTB is still there. No 4v4 CE isn't because its bad, same with Halo 4.
That's your opinion. Others can disagree with you.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14