Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

MCC Development Update Out

OP UnheardCARNAGE

Here it is!

Notable things:
  • Seasonal releases will cease, replaced with smaller updates that will include bug fixes, new content, and features.
  • Support will continue into 2022
  • Mod tools for H2 and H3 on the way!
  • Mod tools for Reach, H4, and H2A also coming, but further back in the development pipeline.
  • Flood FF confirmed for S8
Just read the blog, pretty interesting to see that they’re supporting the game for that long - fair play to 343i for the extended support for MCC.

Personally I don’t see myself coming back to the game after Infinite but still cool nonetheless
so in short s8 will be the last season but that doesn't mean stuff like armor, maps weapon skins and updates will stop entirely
pugwash1 wrote:
so in short s8 will be the last season but that doesn't mean stuff like armor, maps weapon skins and updates will stop entirely
Really hopping we get more visor colours for Halo 2, 2A and reach. Even if it's on The Exchange.
TheDonCJG wrote:
Just read the blog, pretty interesting to see that you’re supporting the game for that long - fair play to 343i for the extended support for MCC.

Personally I don’t see myself coming back to the game after Infinite but still cool nonetheless
They said that the content they planned for S9 and S10 will still be coming in the form of smaller updates.
They found the sun for H2.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
They found the sun for H2.
Haha I hope they are also going to move regrets carrier on Outskirts to better reflect its original location on Xbox.
TheDonCJG wrote:
Just read the blog, pretty interesting to see that you’re supporting the game for that long - fair play to 343i for the extended support for MCC.

Personally I don’t see myself coming back to the game after Infinite but still cool nonetheless
They said that the content they planned for S9 and S10 will still be coming in the form of smaller updates.
Yup, for sure.
I’m pleasantly surprised by their commitment to keep being that stuff for an extended time period.

I never questioned the season 9 or 10 content coming or not?
"Halo 2 will be getting some love." Did I read that right? Maps and more remastered for H2A please. But most importantly I hope over the next half decade, all the Halo titles will be playable through the same application. I believe! Regardless, awesome update and look forward to some flood firefight 15 years later haha. Not to mention Turf in Halo 3! Thank you for the continued support internal members! If Infinite starts to deflate at any point. I hope you know there groups willing to pay for continued support of the original trilogy and associates. Oh yeah and the mods are imminent. Custom browser for H3, this is amazing!
TheDonCJG wrote:
TheDonCJG wrote:
Just read the blog, pretty interesting to see that you’re supporting the game for that long - fair play to 343i for the extended support for MCC.

Personally I don’t see myself coming back to the game after Infinite but still cool nonetheless
They said that the content they planned for S9 and S10 will still be coming in the form of smaller updates.
Yup, for sure.
I’m pleasantly surprised by their commitment to keep being that stuff for an extended time period.

I never questioned the season 9 or 10 content coming or not?
I just thought the reason you wouldn't go back to MCC is because of no more support, my bad.
Mr E Reks wrote:
"Halo 2 will be getting some love." Did I read that right? Maps and more remastered for H2A please. But most importantly I hope over the next half decade, all the Halo titles will be playable through the same application. I believe! Regardless, awesome update and look forward to some flood firefight 15 years later haha. Not to mention Turf in Halo 3! Thank you for the continued support internal members! If Infinite starts to deflate at any point. I hope you know there groups willing to pay for continued support of the original trilogy and associates. Oh yeah and the mods are imminent. Custom browser for H3, this is amazing!
They mention that H2 will get the CE treatment where the game will be graphically updated to be more like it's original Xbox release, so great news all around.
TheDonCJG wrote:
TheDonCJG wrote:
Just read the blog, pretty interesting to see that you’re supporting the game for that long - fair play to 343i for the extended support for MCC.

Personally I don’t see myself coming back to the game after Infinite but still cool nonetheless
They said that the content they planned for S9 and S10 will still be coming in the form of smaller updates.
Yup, for sure.
I’m pleasantly surprised by their commitment to keep being that stuff for an extended time period.

I never questioned the season 9 or 10 content coming or not?
I just thought the reason you wouldn't go back to MCC is because of no more support, my bad.
Ah nah, that’s completely understandable.

I’ve been playing MCC since launch and some of the games since they originally launched too, I got all achievements, I’ve completed the seasons and played a tonne. My time with MCC has just been fulfilled at this point ya know.

For me it’s just time to move onto Halo Infinite when it launches. I’m excited for a fresh experience.
Now it's time for some Campaign and co-op improvements!
More or less exactly what I was hoping for, my only other hope is that Halo CE and Halo 2 get some love for their multiplayer as well as they are in acceptable states. Naturally campaign fixes are great, and ultimately more important in the long run.

I'm glad fixes and quality of life changes are no longer going to be held up by seasons. I also hope that now that they won't need to fill the game with seasonal rewards we will hopefully be getting less tacky garbage going forward.
I am hoping that 343 Industries will do more updates for the Halo Master Chief Collection. It will be great to see Halo 2 getting some new content in the next updates. At the same time, 343 Industries should seriously consider bringing maps from Halo Wars 1 and Halo Wars 2 to the Halo Master Chief Collection. Just imagine how cool would it be to see Flood Firefight appearing in the maps from the Halo Wars video games. It will also be amazing to see campaign mods appearing in the next Halo Master Chief Collection updates.
As a package MCC must be very enticing to those coming over to Xbox. So much content and it's hard to argue there exists a better collection quite honestly

My only ask from those working away on all this is that the performance interruptions for the classic HaloCE on Series S gets resolved. It's already been sent over as an issue for the team but I worry it may get overlooked. Who know perhaps it already has been resolved
I've been out of the loop for a while, what's the status on split screen for PC? Is it dropped completely, actively being developed, or will it have to come through mods?
Ill most likely come back to mcc after like a month of halo infinite play campaign beat it then play abit of mulitplayer mcc has forge and custom game browser since infinite will lack it at launch
BrenenP wrote:
I've been out of the loop for a while, what's the status on split screen for PC? Is it dropped completely, actively being developed, or will it have to come through mods?
it appears to be gone again from the list...^@$&^$# sake...

sigh. think i'm almost done with the mcc, playing it less and less. mainly because the mod support sucks right now.