Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Feedback (Xbox) - April 2020

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 15
Welcome to the dedicated feedback thread for MCC on Xbox.
  • Campaign Feedback
  • Multiplayer Feedback
  • Firefight Feedback
  • Misc/Other Feedback
The purpose of this thread is to gather suggestions or general feedback related to MCC on Xbox. When posting, please include as much detail as possible to include:
  • MCC HALO GAME: please specify which game within MCC you're providing feedback for
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: If you have a screenshot, game clip, or other supporting material, please provide the link in your post.
For all technical issues, please make sure to head on over to Halo Support site and find out if it is a known issue. If not, please submit a ticket

This post has been hidden.

This is A list of issues me and my friends have encountered. We love playing MCC, and we want to see the best for it. Thank you for the hard work and fixing MCC.
-losing all private files mysteriously pre transfer of legacy files of maps and game type files.
-as of 3/30/2020 I noticed every single file from the legacy transfer of maps and game types were deleted mysteriously from MCC file share.
-MCC reach hit detention is inconsistent. (DMR is a 5 shot weapon, why is it taking 8 shots? Why do I die by 3 shots?)
-getting "connection to host error" messages in a supposedly dedicated server.
-getting "selecting new host" messages on a supposedly dedicated server.
-in halo 2, and halo: CE mainly in BTB slayer, swat Spawning with enemy players. General spawn fixes for other halo games.
-loading in games with the pause menu up
-map rotation, its nulling playing the same 3 maps over and over when there's over 100-200 maps to play.
-skill based matchmaking.
-glitch where achievements aren't earned upon completing missions.
Sometimes would get kicked from games here and there but not often
Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary, Halo 2 Anniversary, Halo 3, Halo 3 ODST, and Halo 4 all still have performance issues on the Xbox One X in both campaign and multiplayer. No matter if there is a break in combat, or if I am jumping into the fray, the performance plummets and has been doing so ever since the March update. Before it was running 60 frames much more consistently.

A great example of this performance drop can be seen immediately when playing on the campaign level named Outskirts in Halo 2 Anniversary, and when playing the campaign level named Infinity in Halo 4. Other levels vary in poor performance, but the poor performance is still prevalent even if it's just for a few seconds; it is too often to be playable.

Also, there is a bug on the Halo 3 level named The Ark at the very beginning when you are about to encounter the Covenant, one of the ODSTs tells you to take the first shot, but the itchy trigger finger will get the best of one of the ODSTs and he will open fire before you take the first shot. The Covenant will not react until you fire your first shots, making the engagement seem ridiculous and even less than what it was originally.

I have submitted a ticket two weeks ago about the performance on the Xbox version, but the performance is still poor. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the entire Halo MCC, but nothing has changed in performance.

Any new news on this issue or is it all just dust and echos.....
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary, Halo 2 Anniversary, Halo 3, Halo 3 ODST, and Halo 4 all still have performance issues on the Xbox One X in both campaign and multiplayer. No matter if there is a break in combat, or if I am jumping into the fray, the performance plummets and has been doing so ever since the March update. Before it was running 60 frames much more consistently.

A great example of this performance drop can be seen immediately when playing on the campaign level named Outskirts in Halo 2 Anniversary, and when playing the campaign level named Infinity in Halo 4. Other levels vary in poor performance, but the poor performance is still prevalent even if it's just for a few seconds; it is too often to be playable.

Also, there is a bug on the Halo 3 level named The Ark at the very beginning when you are about to encounter the Covenant, one of the ODSTs tells you to take the first shot, but the itchy trigger finger will get the best of one of the ODSTs and he will open fire before you take the first shot. The Covenant will not react until you fire your first shots, making the engagement seem ridiculous and even less than what it was originally.

I have submitted a ticket two weeks ago about the performance on the Xbox version, but the performance is still poor. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the entire Halo MCC, but nothing has changed in performance.

Any new news on this issue or is it all just dust and echos.....
343 has a fix planned for the performance issues, you mentioned. It was mentioned in the March Dev. Blog which you can find on here.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo: Reach
  • FEEDBACK: There are numerous amounts people in the community who want a Halo: Reach 2v2 Slayer ranked playlist with the current MLG/Team Hardcore settings
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: I have spoken with many gamers and have received a ton feedback/messages on my xbox live account about recent posts (2-3 days) I have made about MCC implementing a Halo Reach 2v2 ranked playlist with the current Halo Reach Team Hardcore settings. We could replace either the large 8v8 ranked invasion/team slayer/team hardcore. Tons of gamers want to see this happen. 2v2's are the most fun and active playlists. Especially with a game like Halo Reach.
Lets make it happen!

-Steady
The past 2 weeks of featured playlists have been things that are already readily available to play in MCC (SWAT/Mayhem). This kind of defeats the purpose of a "featured playlist" in my opinion. Can we get some new things please? Maybe like Elite Slayer, something similar to the Yappening or Winter Contingency events, or some Forge creations like Race and Castle Wars. Just give people a reason to try certain game categories besides the fact that its "featured".
Aea mano no más voy a decir
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo: Reach
  • FEEDBACK: Armor effects such as Legendary, Inclement Weather, Pestilence etc do not appear on Elites in the UI or in game. This has been a big since launch.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: There's no reason this should have gone unnoticed from launch, it was in the original game and is a huge part of diversity to players who choose to play as Elites.
Ranked lists need to be restarted, WITHOUT LOSING YOUR "CURRENT HIGHEST RANK" in your player details.If someone has a 50, with the reset don't lose it, it's not fair, if you get another 50 that appears in your player details
why are we starting another feedback thread? the last thread was overwhelming in people mentioning the Xbox one x performance issues. anything else is secondary. let's fix one issue at a time please. 343 needs to fix one issue at a time as they are not great at (patches/updates) one issue at a time please. framerate issues on the Xbox one/Xbox one x on halo3.

This post has been hidden.

• Will the Race Gametype ever make an appearance? You've used it on both Halo Reach & Halo 4.
  • Will you ever allow for more custom maps to make it into the rotation for new maps in the playlists? Most everyone knows the default maps by heart.
  • Please raise the private files cap from 50 to 500+. Shouldn't be fair that those of us with creativity/inspiration have to not save the map or delete old ones just because we've reached the 50 file limit. Both OG Halo 3 & OG Reach both allowed for files to be added until your hard drive was full. Why not do the same?
  • Suggestion: Please add private file pairing. What i mean by this is connecting a gametype with a map so that when we load it up in custom, we don't have to search for both of them.
TransIucnt wrote:
Ranked lists need to be restarted, WITHOUT LOSING YOUR "CURRENT HIGHEST RANK" in your player details.If someone has a 50, with the reset don't lose it, it's not fair, if you get another 50 that appears in your player details
Both ideas are bad. No one cares about your old 50 and there's no reason to reset the ranks at all.
Giga wrote:
TransIucnt wrote:
Both ideas are bad. No one cares about your old 50 and there's no reason to reset the ranks at all.
No, it's not a bad idea, the ranked lists are dead :)
TransIucnt wrote:
Giga wrote:
TransIucnt wrote:
No, it's not a bad idea, the ranked lists are dead :)
need to be reset, remove invasion, put H2A ranked, giga is the typical guy who doesn't want to lose his 50 haha
TransIucnt wrote:
the ranked lists if they need to be restarted everyone knows most of them are dead, it's Master chief collection, no halo 3 collection , should have more variety the ranked lists h2a, h4 , invasion ranked? lol

IT'S NOT A BAD IDEA
I’d like to see more variety to the Ranked playlists. I commented on the March thread about the population in some of the social playlists like SWAT, Snipes, team obj, even H4. Matchmaking times are generally quite quick and I know from personal experience from people that I play with that if we had these in a ranked playlist it would be more enjoyable.

Can we get some of these added to ranked or even more ranked playlists?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 15