Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Feedback (Xbox) - April 2020

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. ...
  9. 15
So grateful for the support MCC has received still to this day but I’d like to see a more balanced playlist. It’s very halo 3 heavy as of now. Halo 2 FFA and team doubles would help with AFK and higher skilled players cleaning house. Halo ce is good but 2v2 death match to 50 is a lot. Would rather play to 30 kills. Thanks for continuing to support our halo addictions 343.
Handy Heap wrote:
So grateful for the support MCC has received still to this day but I’d like to see a more balanced playlist. It’s very halo 3 heavy as of now. Halo 2 FFA and team doubles would help with AFK and higher skilled players cleaning house. Halo ce is good but 2v2 death match to 50 is a lot. Would rather play to 30 kills. Thanks for continuing to support our halo addictions 343.
H2C FFA and 2v2 would be amazing, especially if they use MLG settings. People used to run Midship FFA all day, every day.
syrets wrote:
Main issues for me were connection based, although
Matchmaking needs to be improved, possible a better skill system to avoid lobbies with horribly unbalanced teams.
DMR on Reach has terrible hit detection, sometimes up to 8 shots to the head to get a kill.
First melee hit on an enemy in Reach SWAT does not indicate that any type of damage has been done, needs to be addressed
Thank you. I'm having the same problem with firefight as I always get tier 20-30s (I'm tier 76 at the time I wrote this). I hope they make a more balanced game searcher.
Multiplayer Issues for All games. I may be repeating others comments but I wanted to reinforce them. Halo is one of my favorite multiplayer games, but MCC still has some issues way after it's release which is frustrating. I feel like a lot these issues would be fixed by now or if the game was not rushed to release and test played rigorously

Ranked
-Why are most of the ranked playlists hardcore, not all players who play competitive want to play hardcore game types, and I would assume that would be majority of the players
-Rank mismatching, i dont know if its a population thing but why is there such a large range on the levels being paired with and against each other. People who are no where close in rank like level 50s playing against level 10s
-Rank resets, with patch updates. Why does this happen? It's happened at least twice with me

Reach
-Please add zero bloom to normal matchmaking or as a playlist option. Its one of the best game types in reach, and eliminates the annoyances with bloom. Why is it only in hardcore ranked, zero bloom reach is too good to only have it in one playlist.
-Does crouching to reduce bloom work anymore? I feel like doesnt which changes the game quite a lot from the original
-Bleed through this belongs in the mlg playlist only. I think it changes the game too much and doesnt make sense with a dmr, melee yes i think works but bleed through for a dmr no thanks

H2C hit detection
-You have to lead your shots sometimes in h2c. That not is something you had do when playing h2c on the original xbox. This is something that needs to be re-coded from the xbox version of h2c,
-And the overall hit detection can be really really poor in matchmaking. Ex. snipers hit registration, you can see the bullet hit other players but you get a bloodshot over and over again way worse than h3 sniper bloodshots

4v4 maps and map selection and game type combo's in general
-Need to include more maps in 4v4 like why is blood gulch, coagulation, hemorrhage, and Valhalla or some of the larger but not gigantic maps which are suitable for 4v4 but not in 4v4 snipes, 4v4 slayer, etc. Please look at the maps and game type combo's that were on the original games and include them

Veto system
-A veto system needs to be reintroduced so players have a choice in what they play and are not forced to play a bad game type on a map a majority of people dont like. H3 probably had the most fair one like always switching from Team Slayer to Team BRs with a random map if veto'd . If it's cross game matchmaking have the veto keep the same game if its H2 is stays h2 but changes the game mode and map if enough people vote for it

Player Balancing
A lot of my friends have the same issue, I find it near impossible to play 4v4 social by myself. Idk if there is some sort of passive skill based matchmaking system but matching against ok players when you have players that just picked up the game is always going to be slaughter not fun to play. And also afk players in game happens a lot for frrquently in mcc than in any other halo game I've played

Pregame lobby
Posted about this over year ago. Why is this gone?
Other than the basic issue of getting kicked every now and then it has been great so far
This is by far the best multiplayer has ever been in a very long time. What I do think that could be better is if we had more people on the game because there are countless numbers of times where I have ran into the same person more than once and its super annoying and It should not be like that. If we had the same number of players when reach became a thing back in 2010 then there would be no problems with matchmaking and running into the same players.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 3
  • FEEDBACK: Put more variety of maps into all playlists. I'm really tired of playing the same exact map 10 times in a row.
I would really appreciate VARIETY.

• FEEDBACK #2: ADD Veto System
  • FEEDBACK #3: ADD Custom Game Browser for Console and PC
  • FEEDBACK #4: ADD FFA Ranked
Everything has been pretty good. Haven't noticed any bugs.
My main problem is having to pay for the reach and odst campaigns. It is very hard to achievement hunt when its locked behind "dlc". I have both of the games making it very hard to justify giving you more money for a per-existing campaign. Just saying if you have it why get the game gain?

On a bright note I was two minutes late from getting my special halo 3 odst when I was 10. We did not get there in time. I wanted to hear Johnson's firefight voice so bad. Glad you guys put it in MCC (still locked behind a pay wall of course) that alone may make me buy the odst "dlc".

Maybe I am too nostalgic getting mad at a new company for messing with my most beloved series. But a Halo reach and Halo 3 odst dlc? I mean come on talk about milking something for all its got.
Add more Ranked Playlists, Halo Reach Team Doubles, Halo 2 doubles, H2A ranked, Ranked FFA across all Halos, hell even put team Snipers and Swat rank. I don't understand why companies don't want more content on their game. It literally blows my mind!!!
  • MCC Xbox One HALO GAME: Reach ( Single Player & Multiplayer modes )
  • FEEDBACK: This isnt a high priority by any means, but player's Custom Emblems do not show up on Spartan Armor in both the single player campaign, and multiplayer matches. ( uncertain if this occurs in other platforms ) But players take great pride in the armor they wear, and the emblems they create, but we end up with this smiley face that everyone wears. ( Players emblems do display properly next to their names, just not on the actual player's armor ) It would be nice to see this fixed. ^^

I do have photos I can provide but do not know how to attach them to this report, and I dont want to link to any outside source.
  • MCC Xbox One - All Titles (Multiplayer)
  • Feedback: 99% of games connect to West US servers when I'm in Australia. The only playlist that is slightly enjoyable is action sack cause every precision weapon doesn't register shots properly cause of the 150~200 ms ping.
Hello, New to this forum, please direct me as needed. Have played Halo from beginning/old school. I own MCC on Xbox, and have from release. Now it says I have to pay just under $10.00 USD for Halo Reach. My question is why? I clearly have many achievements, so it is obvious I already owned it. Thank you.
Halo 3 spawns have been messed up for a while, players spawn next to their teammate no matter what even when they're in action, it wasn't like this on the original halo 3. Why did you have to change the game so much and make it awful, all you have to do for halo 3 is put it exactly the same way it was on the 360 and there will be less problems. The ranking system is also awful just put the halo 3 ranking system back. Fair play you're doing all the og halo's on pc which is pretty cool but you've ruined the halo 3 playing experience in my eyes and a lot of players eyes. Get the halo 3 1-50 and exp system back. You would've thought after 2 poorly received halo titles (halo 4 and 5) you'd actually listen to the community. Another poorly received halo and that's 343 done.
Halo de MCC es un exelente juego buenos gráficos y nostalgico pero la conexión cuando juego con amigos es horrible siempre tenemos buena conección en cualquier otro juego pero cuando nos unimos a MCC
La
cosa cambia
Does anyone else have issues using game chat with people in your lobby? Me and my buddy would love to call out, but have to resort to Xbox party chat as we can’t hear each other. Cheers guys 👍🏻
BLU3S 65 wrote:
Hello, New to this forum, please direct me as needed. Have played Halo from beginning/old school. I own MCC on Xbox, and have from release. Now it says I have to pay just under $10.00 USD for Halo Reach. My question is why? I clearly have many achievements, so it is obvious I already owned it. Thank you.
Halo Reach is a added DLC like ODST on the MCC that is not free and were added at a later date, However in regards to Reach the MP is free but not the campaign.
BLU3S 65 wrote:
Halo reach campaign/firefight Is a dlc (downloadable content). It doesn't matter if you have the game or not you still have to pay for it. Reach multiplayer, forge and theatre is free though.
Don’t know if you guys will read this but you should definitely take this into consideration. Almost all of the ranked mcc playlists are dead and the only ones that aren’t dead are h3 playlists. A few things you could do is open up the boundaries for matching players of various levels. The way the ranking system was set up back when H4 was ranked was fine. If you couldn’t find players near your level, you’ll match either higher or lower levels. As a competitive Halo player, it kills me that I can’t find ranked games in anything but h3. Please consider this and maybe adding H2A and H4 to ranked along with opening matching boundaries
When is Halo 3 getting fixed?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. ...
  9. 15