Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Feedback (Xbox) - 2020

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 17
Welcome to the dedicated feedback thread for MCC on Xbox.
  • Campaign Feedback
  • Multiplayer Feedback
  • Misc/Other Feedback
The purpose of this thread is to gather suggestions or general feedback related to MCC on Xbox. When posting, please include as much detail as possible to include:
  • MCC HALO GAME: please specify which game within MCC you're providing feedback for
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: If you have a screenshot, game clip, or other supporting material, please provide the link in your post.
For all technical issues, please make sure to head on over to Halo Support site and find out if it is a known issue. If not, please submit a ticket
  • New MCC Control options for the controller on the Xbox (plus PC). Perhaps this could be best resolved by allowing for full mechanic remapping in-game. This one is still a big deal to me. And to highlight the particular change that I feel is critical: it's about allowing for a new Magnification Zoom Level Toggle that'd be separate from the basic zoom mechanic. In general, the rigid control options is easily one of the biggest personal reasons that I don't spend much time playing the MCC on my Xbox. The Xbox Accessories App can only do so much to alleviate my frustrations with finding a control style that provides a sense of comfort nowadays. I say this as someone who had no issues with using the default control settings, or some available variant, during each title's primary life-cycle and for years afterwards too, but that's just not the case for me anymore because I spread out my gaming time playing a pretty wide variety of FPS titles instead of primarily just Halo.
  • Replace TrueSkill1 (TS1) with TrueSkill2 (TS2); plus, adopt Computer Learning into the matchmaker's parameter settings. I had read that there was an update to the skill system. I sure was hoping to hear/read that it involved updating the system to TS2, but alas it apparently did not. Please do make this a future priority - at some point. I'm sure Josh Menke can tell you exactly how it'd be a massive benefit instead of me typing out the reasoning. This is not to advocate for the visual Ranking system to be converted away from the 1-50 system or the adjustment formulas behind it, but instead to ensure that the matchmaker & team picker are using more accurate understandings of player skill to formulate balanced teams and to allow the matchmaker to automatically adjust the parameters based on a predicted population per the time of day and region.
  • I'm not 100% clear on what the regional-based server selection that's being worked on is going to be or involve, but I do advocate for a Focused, Balanced, and Expanded [connection-based] option for matchmaking (similar to Halo 5) so here's to hoping it's that instead of a single data center server selection or no optional restriction whatsoever. The reason why is because I'm concerned that having only a single data center server selection option and then the opposite being no restricted server option will cause too many people to select the overly restricted option thus causing the population pool that the matchmaker requires to create balanced matches to be more limited than perhaps necessary.
  • I eagerly await Cross-Platform Cross-Play capabilities because of what it should do for the population pool that’s required for quality matchmaking, but can you please limit the Input-Based Matchmaking option, that's in the works, to the ranked environment only. I'm concerned that it will only manage to further fracture the player-base unnecessarily within the social (Match Composer) environment. An environment that likely shouldn't need to be as nit-picky about user input controls. And it’s an environment that’s already severely fractured, but from a somewhat necessary perspective given the MCC’s conglomeration of titles.
  • Under bringing PC features to Console: Please adapt the modernization of the crouch mechanic to the Xbox platform which essentially allows the mechanic to work while moving. It's really just such a wonderful QoL improvement to the gameplay that’s already implemented into the game (for the PC platform). Allow for the legacy crouch setting to be a possible option for custom matches.
  • Please implement a limited Join-in-Progress (JiP) feature into the social (Match Composer) environment to help mitigate some matches from quickly devolving into a waste of time due to an early quitter(s). This is not to advocate for an unlimited JiP system, but instead one that's quite controlled in determining when it should be active and when it should promptly get turned off.
  • Perhaps, an odd request: Consider adding the vehicular "switch seats" mechanic into all these legacy games. It shouldn't effect the vast majority of environmental modes, so some of the purists (from an Arena perspective) shouldn’t be all that annoyed, but I think it'd be a great QoL addition to these games. Now, I'm sure there's some people who'd be opposed to its inclusion just on purity reasons alone, but I can't understate how wonderful having it is now that I've got to experience a title that featured it. I also realize this would be a pretty massive undertaking (therefore unlikely to occur any time soon) because it'd require new animations to be created for these legacy titles. Again, allow for this to be turned-off within custom matches.
  • Yet, another possible odd request: Given my previous mention, I also wouldn’t mind seeing assassinations added to all of the franchise's titles. Again, I’m aware this request may be perceived [by some] as a strange, and perhaps unwelcomed, request. Plus, in light of the required undertaking, I recognize it’s a highly unlikely to be realized one too. But, it’s just something I’ve come to truly appreciate from the franchise’s evolution that I wish could be experienced throughout the history of the franchise, so I politely ask for it nonetheless along with the personal option to not use them (like in Halo 5). Of course, Reach & Halo 4 already have them, so this is primarily directed at CE, H2, H3, & H3:ODST.
Biggest request from me is still for you to please fix the framerate issues with H2A and CEA. Ever since Reach launched, both games have seen massive drops in framerate in MP for H2A and campaign for both. I play on a One X and the dips are very jarring and intrusive. H2A in particular continues to be my favorite game and is the prettiest game to date, so I would love to see its performance be at its pre-Reach levels again.
Halo CE campaign (any missions) : current issues:
>The jackal shields does not change of color when depleting on classic graphics (which was the case on the original version)
> You cannot kill any enemies (e.g. elites, grunts, jackals) when hitting them with a ghost
> On the mission "The Maw", there is a checkpoint missing on the bridge where FoeHammer is supposed the pick you up, which mean if you die passing the bridge you will have to do the whole warthog run again

Halo CE other :
> That one is a suggestion that would be nice to have a halo CE forge

Halo 2 Aniversary campaign : current issues and suggestions
> On the second part of the mission "The Great journey", one of the hostile wraiths near the beach spawn flipped, which only let you fight one wraith instead of two
> That one is a suggestion the energy sword in the campaign appear to be reflecting the new art style while the one from the multiplayer is what an energy sword should look like in Halo 2, could it be possible to switch them so the new sword match with the new elite design from the multiplayer while the remake of the old sword only appear in the campaign (or put them on both multiplayer and campaign if you preffer the old version)

Halo 3 campaign :
> On the mission "Cortana", in the room just before the one where you save cortana (the one where you destroy the three generators), half or more of the stalkers are just vibing and dont pay any attention to the player. Worst, if you attack them they dont even defend themself or flee
Fov slider for all applicable halo game
I love having the new challenges since it gives me something to work toward each time that I get on, but one thing has been an annoyance. Like other games such as COD and Destiny to name a couple, can/will there be a way to track the progression of these challenges within the pause screen throughout the campaign, firefight, customs, and multiplayer? It’s nice that the challenge progression “pops” as you get different milestones or if you complete them but it would be nice to have an option in the pause menu like other games have done. I keep finding myself forgetting what I need/can work on while competing online or finishing campaign missions.
When is the next 3GB update happening? Challenges still broken, And no I’m not sending anymore tickets!
Challenges problem.
I know other people have been having the missing exp issue, I suffer from that but im gonna focus on something different (50,000 exp for the 15 co-op mission playthroughs)

Whenever i complete a challenge, it appears in the bottom right hand corner of my screen. Great, no problem there.
The thing is, it shows up multiple times and does the sound more than once. All right, a little annoying, but its fine.
But with the latest update, it doesnt show up 3-4 times. No, it shows up almost 30 times within 30 seconds. The constant sound of the unlock REALLY bugs me, especially if its happening so many times in such a short amount of time. the constant (ill use "ding," for lack of a better term) ding ding ding ding is annoying enough, but then the sound seems to multiplied, DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING constantly.
I know its really a nitpick rather than a problem, but I dunno, doesnt feel right.
i would love to see a competitive SWAT playlist , i dont understand why its in social
Campaign matchmaking would be huge, I love playing PvE and Halo Reach Firefight doesn't really do it for me, I'm excited for ODST Firefight since I enjoy it MUCH more than Reach's. If we're able to suggest content, I'd say using assets from Halo Online would be a great addition because as a long time fan, I'm not getting as much out of MCC as a new player would. I'd also love a join-in-progress system as so many people just quit and then we end up a team of 8 or 4 fighting like 1 or 2 people for like 20 minutes waiting for the timer to go down, also a way of kicking idle players, I've gone into matches where 3 or 4 teammates on either team are afk and they end up there the whole game which ruins the fun and quitters need to be penalised more, maybe restrict them from searching for a game for 10 or 15 minutes and increase the time everytime they quit. That'll give them less incentive to just quit out and ruin the game for everyone else.
eLantern wrote:
  • Replace TrueSkill1 (TS1) with TrueSkill2 (TS2); plus, adopt Computer Learning into the matchmaker's parameter settings. I had read that there was an update to the skill system. I sure was hoping to hear/read that it involved updating the system to TS2, but alas it apparently did not. Please do make this a future priority - at some point. I'm sure Josh Menke can tell you exactly how it'd be a massive benefit instead of me typing out the reasoning. This is not to advocate for the visual Ranking system to be converted away from 1-50, but to ensure that the matchmaker is using more accurate understandings of player skill to formulate balanced teams and to allow the matchmaker to automatically adjust the parameters based on the predicted population per the time of day and region
  • I eagerly await Cross-Platform Cross-Play capabilities because of what it should do for the population pool that’s required for quality matchmaking, but can you please limit the Input-Based Matchmaking option, that's in the works, to the ranked environment only. I'm concerned that it will only manage to further fracture the player-base unnecessarily within the social (Match Composer) environment. An environment that likely shouldn't need to be as nit-picky about user input controls. And it’s an environment that’s already severely fractured, but from a somewhat necessary perspective given the MCC’s conglomeration of title
  • Please implement a limited Join-in-Progress (JiP) feature into the social (Match Composer) environment to help mitigate some matches from quickly devolving into a waste of time due to an early quitter or two. This is not to advocate for an unlimited JiP system, but one that's fairly controlled in determining when it should be active and when it should get turned off.
For the trueskill as long as its just for ranked, the last thing I'd want is social modes to turn into an annoying struggle where you can't have fun because every match is treated like a million dollar tournament. One of the best reasons MCC is so enjoyable is the social composer doesn't take itself so serious and the skill range is a literal gamble from match to match. Plus if trueskill is so strict then if you are not searching for like just vanilla team slayer you'd never find matches because it cant find anyone near your skill range. I'm very against trying to segregate good players from bad, everyone in social playlsits should be able to mix it up. Halo 5 social really isn't social for example, its just ranked matched with a lame hidden MMR and thats no fun for anyone and why I and my friends abandoned that game within the first few months of release. If there is to be any computer learning it needs to isolate on team betrayers and get rid of those players, they are the worst of the worst. Had a match last night on Halo 3 blackout that the moment the match started a teammate started to throw grenades to blow up the fusion coil which killed 2 teammates and they quit. Just as he started to shoot me I left as well. This type of stuff unfortunately happens even more in ranked as well. I don't know how these players can betray literally every game and still be able to play so much.

As for crossplay, along with input based matching I also want an option to turn crossplay off full stop. I have zero interest playing with or against pc players. I don't want to deal with the cheaters and their higher framerate/FOV advantages they have. I prefer to just play in the console ecosystem where I know for the most part everyone is on the same even playing field. I'd rather have it disabled at first and if things look safe then maybe I'd turn it on but the option should be there to toggle off.

For JIP that should be an opt-in thing. The last thing I want is to join Halo 3 matches mid match where the score is 17-33. No thanks but I would just keep quitting matches until I got into a new game. I'm not going to be some team's cannon fodder because the previous players in the lobby failed to do a good job. It also ruins good runs when you are on the winning team and some new annoying enemies comes in and messes up your perfection or kill spree you earned dominating the previous players. Nothing worse than the JIP players coming in is like a whole different match and it ruins the match you played perfect at the start.
eLantern wrote:
  • Replace TrueSkill1 (TS1) with TrueSkill2 (TS2); plus, adopt Computer Learning into the matchmaker's parameter settings. I had read that there was an update to the skill system. I sure was hoping to hear/read that it involved updating the system to TS2, but alas it apparently did not. Please do make this a future priority - at some point. I'm sure Josh Menke can tell you exactly how it'd be a massive benefit instead of me typing out the reasoning. This is not to advocate for the visual Ranking system to be converted away from 1-50, but to ensure that the matchmaker is using more accurate understandings of player skill to formulate balanced teams and to allow the matchmaker to automatically adjust the parameters based on the predicted population per the time of day and region.
    For the trueskill as long as its just for ranked, the last thing I'd want is social modes to turn into an annoying struggle where you can't have fun because every match is treated like a million dollar tournament. One of the best reasons mcc is so enjoyable is the social composer doesn't take itself so serious and the skill range is a literal gamble from match to match. Plus if trueskill is so strict then if you are not searching vanilla team slayer you'd never find matches because it cant find anyone near your skill range. I'm very against trying to segregate good players from bad, everyone in social playlists should be able to mix it up. If there's to be any computer learning it needs to isolate on team betrayers and get rid of those players. This type of stuff unfortunately happens even more in ranked as well. I don't know how these players can betray literally every game and still be able to play so much.
    To clarify, TrueSkill is simply a Skill Assessor. It's a system that's attempting to understand and predict player performance relative to match outcomes. The Matchmaker and Team Balancer/Picker are separate systems that use the information provided by the Skill Assessor. The Team Picker uses it to balance a lobby. The Matchmaker uses it as part of its search parameters related to skill gaps. So you're conflating a personal issue you have with a Matchmaker that's operating under a strict skill-gap parameter; particularly, related to the Individual-to-Individual (i2i) skill-gap allowance within the Social environment, for the role and function of the Skill Assessor. These are separate systems and it's vital to understand the differences between these components. To note, TS is also not the Competitive Skill Rank (CSR) system, which is represented by the visual 1-50 ranks within the MCC, but the CSRs are heavily influenced by the information provided by TS.

What I've advocated for here is that the Skill Assessor be upgraded to a system that’s much more accurate and flexible. A system that understands player skill and can predict player performance behavior as well as match outcomes at about 70% accuracy vs the older system's <58% accuracy. I find this even more important given the flexibility of the newer system to account for additional variables that the older system is incapable of. Again, if you want to know all the juicy details of the superiority of the newer system I direct you to have a conversation with Josh Menke and to read the White Papers on TrueSkill-Through-Time (aka TrueSkillv2).

Ideally, matches within the Ranked environment can maintain tighter skill-gap standards along with more stringent connection requirements at the cost of search speed. What you don't want in the Social environment is too many lopsided matches that raise the quit rate to levels that actively drive away population on a more permanent basis. In the end, there's a nuanced balance that needs to occur and it's best adjusted on-the-fly by Computer Learning hence why I advocate for it's inclusion.
    Quote:
    Quote:
    • I eagerly await Cross-Platform Cross-Play capabilities because of what it should do for the population pool that’s required for quality matchmaking, but can you please limit the Input-Based Matchmaking option, that's in the works, to the ranked environment only. I'm concerned that it will only manage to further fracture the player-base unnecessarily within the social (Match Composer) environment. An environment that likely shouldn't need to be as nit-picky about user input controls. And it’s an environment that’s already severely fractured, but from a somewhat necessary perspective given the MCC’s conglomeration of titles.
    As for crossplay, along with input based matching I also want an option to turn crossplay off full stop. I have zero interest playing with or against pc players. I don't want to deal with the cheaters and their higher framerate/FOV advantages they have. I prefer to just play in the console ecosystem where I know for the most part everyone is on the same even playing field. I'd rather have it disabled at first and if things look safe then maybe I'd turn it on but the option should be there to toggle off.
    I don’t really take issue with those who advocate for choice on the matter of restricting their searches to particular platforms, but I think the default should be Cross-Platform Cross-Play. I just hope they’ll have really good anti-cheat detections in place.

Also, ideally the FOV feature will arrive on consoles in the future and hopefully with the Xbox Series X & S the framerates will be able to be increased on consoles too.

What’s absolutely clear is that a healthy population pool, throughout the skill spectrum, is vital for quality matchmaking to occur which is why I'm excited for the Cross-Platform Cross-Play feature to arrive. Those who make use of it should have a larger population pool for the matchmaker to draw from.

I do worry about the implementation of the Input-Based option (within the Social environment) because of its fracturing impact on the population pool in an already extremely fractured environment.
    Quote:
    Quote:
    • Please implement a limited Join-in-Progress (JiP) feature into the social (Match Composer) environment to help mitigate some matches from quickly devolving into a waste of time due to an early quitter or two. This is not to advocate for an unlimited JiP system, but one that's fairly controlled in determining when it should be active and when it should get turned off.
    For JIP that should be an opt-in thing. The last thing I want is to join Halo 3 matches mid match where the score is 17-33. No thanks but I would just keep quitting matches until I got into a new game. I'm not going to be some team's cannon fodder because the previous players in the lobby failed to do a good job. It also ruins good runs when you are on the winning team and some new annoying enemies comes in and messes up your perfection or kill spree you earned dominating the previous players. Nothing worse than the JIP players coming in is like a whole different match and it ruins the match you played perfect at the start.
    A JiP system can't properly function if it allows players to “opt-out”. Your concerns are why it's important to ensure it's a limited or restricted JiP system, so that players aren't regularly joining matches that have already become lost causes. It's also why I'm a proponent of losses not being counted for players who get placed into active matches where the team they joined lost. These are some of the typical measures that I'd expect to be in-place with a heavily regulated JiP system.
    I'd like to suggest a gamemode for MCC. I would like to suggest a Halo 4 no sprint playlist competitive, somewhat like the Halo: Reach no bloom competitive playlist. It would be it's own thing or even perhaps a rotational gametype like race. There have been a few mods that disable sprint so it feels more like a "classic" game. I made a variant that removes ordinance and make armour abilities pick ups similar to Halo 3's equipment. I also made a similar one that keeps thrusters and changes the movement speed to still feel like Halo 4 while bringing back some old arena styled elements. That map desgin would also enhance the experience since Halo 4 has key points where sprinting is required to make jumps but thrusters would remedy that and also keeping the fidelity of Halo 4. Thrusters are pretty neat since they can be used in different ways like doging shots, preforming jumps, counter attacking and giving an extra boost as well as giving the player something else m to use. I think having this be tweaked to work in a competitive format would be great for Halo 4 since it's lacking a competitive playlist. Not syaing that it's perfect but if the community could try it and provide feedback that would be great. It could even work as a rotational gamemode. I was just saying competitive just to add something new to the playlists there. Competitive matches are also pretty scarce and finding a balanced match between players is hard at times. It would be neat to see something for Halo 4 since I think it has some potential and I find it fun to play. If you want to try it out for fun, ask. :D

Edit: I redid some of the weapon spawns of some maps in H4 as well as made some of my own maps to go along with it.
    This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
    *Original post. Click at your own discretion.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    T4CO23 wrote:
    I'd like to suggest a gamemode for MCC. I would like to suggest a Halo 4 no sprint playlist competitive, somewhat like the Halo: Reach no bloom competitive playlist. It would be it's own thing or even perhaps a rotational gametype like race. There have been a few mods that disable sprint so it feels more like a "classic" game. I made a variant that removes ordinance and make armour abilities pick ups similar to Halo 3's equipment. I also made a similar one that keeps thrusters and changes the movement speed to still feel like Halo 4 while bringing back some old arena styled elements. That map desgin would also enhance the experience since Halo 4 has key points where sprinting is required to make jumps but thrusters would remedy that and also keeping the fidelity of Halo 4. Thrusters are pretty neat since they can be used in different ways like doging shots, preforming jumps, counter attacking and giving an extra boost as well as giving the player something else m to use. I think having this be tweaked to work in a competitive format would be great for Halo 4 since it's lacking a competitive playlist. Not syaing that it's perfect but if the community could try it and provide feedback that would be great. It could even work as a rotational gamemode. I was just saying competitive just to add something new to the playlists there. Competitive matches are also pretty scarce and finding a balanced match between players is hard at times. It would be neat to see something for Halo 4 since I think it has some potential and I find it fun to play. If you want to try it out for fun, ask. :D
    ngl would be pretty great
    More options in the Carnage Report after a Campaign mission.
    Currently in the carnage report, your only option to advance is to "Press B to Continue", after which you need to wait for the next mission to load, then skip the cutscene before you can quit to the main menu. It never seemed like a thing before, because I was generally playing through the story anyway.
    But now with the new challenges (which are awesome by the way), its a little tedious when you want to jump into one mission to complete a challenge, then have to go through the motions after the mission to get back to the main menu.

It would be nice to have some extra options for what you want to do next. For instance;
    • Press B to Continue Campaign
    • Press Y to Restart Mission
    • Press X to return to Main Menu
    Just something I'd noticed while playing recently.
    Halo 3: Shot a person 8 times inc head didn’t die and I got killed after 3 shots WTF
    Postums wrote:
    Welcome to the dedicated feedback thread for MCC on Xbox.
    • Campaign Feedback
    • Multiplayer Feedback
    • Misc/Other Feedback
    The purpose of this thread is to gather suggestions or general feedback related to MCC on Xbox. When posting, please include as much detail as possible to include:
    • MCC HALO GAME: please specify which game within MCC you're providing feedback for
    • ADDITIONAL INFO: If you have a screenshot, game clip, or other supporting material, please provide the link in your post.
    For all technical issues, please make sure to head on over to Halo Support site and find out if it is a known issue. If not, please submit a ticket
    Apologies if this has already been suggested, but please fix the shot registration / hit detection in Halo 3 multiplayer. Also, please consider adding map veto. hank you!
    More options in the Carnage Report after a Campaign mission.Currently in the carnage report, your only option to advance is to "Press B to Continue", after which you need to wait for the next mission to load, then skip the cutscene before you can quit to the main menu. It never seemed like a thing before, because I was generally playing through the story anyway.
    But now with the new challenges (which are awesome by the way), its a little tedious when you want to jump into one mission to complete a challenge, then have to go through the motions after the mission to get back to the main menu.

It would be nice to have some extra options for what you want to do next. For instance;
    • Press B to Continue Campaign
    • Press Y to Restart Mission
    • Press X to return to Main Menu
    Just something I'd noticed while playing recently.
    Yeah. Doing the Play X amount of missions in X amount of time, or in co-op was kinda hard trying to the short missions, cause it takes a little bit for it to load for me, then have to load again into the mission, then back to the menu, etc.
    tuhin94 wrote:
    Biggest request from me is still for you to please fix the framerate issues with H2A and CEA. Ever since Reach launched, both games have seen massive drops in framerate in MP for H2A and campaign for both. I play on a One X and the dips are very jarring and intrusive. H2A in particular continues to be my favorite game and is the prettiest game to date, so I would love to see its performance be at its pre-Reach levels again.
    Agree mate,even though they will probably ignore it even more.
    1. 1
    2. ...
    3. 2
    4. 3
    5. ...
    6. 17