Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Feedback (Xbox) - February 2020

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. ...
  9. 20
I have a few suggestions that might help to raise the standard of MCC by implementing some of the features from the original games.
  • Visible parties. In matchmaking it would be really nice if you could see if people are playing together of alone. This was – of course – a feature in the old Bungie games, e.g. Halo 3. In a 343 game you are forced to guess if you have to play against a huge team, maybe because they don’t want people to dodge or quit in advance. Or maybe they want to hide the fact, that fair teams is not a priority in MCC. Anyway, there are multiple ways to see, if you are playing a team. In most ranked playlists will pretty soon start to recognize people playing together.

• Good connection. In the good old days you could always customize your search to get better games. I really miss the option to search for good connection (playing in EU on a US host is a joke), and I really don’t mind searing for an hour to find a single game. Getting a fair game on a good connection on a good map occurs with the same frequency as Christmas. When we still had peer to peer you could get a good connection, but since the implementation of dedicated servers I have never had a beat down connect and four shooting doesn’t work anymore, since half the bullets disappear.

• Visible ranks. When you are searching in a ranked playlist you should be able to see other players’ rank. Yes, you can see their current highest rank, but not their rank in this specific playlist. Again, I have no idea why 343 removed this, but it is really annoying that you can’t see if you have to play against someone way outside of you skill level (this is often the case in H3 team slayer), but I can pretty easily tell if the teams are fair (this is almost never the case).

• It would be nice if you could see which server you are connected to while playing a game. If you happen to miss it when the game loads, there is currently on way to know. The information could be in the upper right corner when you press start.

• I am not sure what to do about teams in social. In a ranked playlist teams should only play against teams, but it is still rather annoying to match a full team in big team when you are playing alone. This would not be a problem it the game too skill level into consideration, but as soon people realize they have to play against a full team in an unfair game again, they just start quitting in the beginning of the game. Perhaps you could add a search option for even or fair matches. It might not make sense, just wanted to tell you that the current system can be rather frustrating.

• The post-game stats screen could use a few improvements as well. For instance, why can’t you see your team’s total score? This is a problem in both social and objective games.

• Also, there is a bug that has been in the game since the beginning. If you want to look at someone stats after a game (the menu where you can see player details) and then scroll to the other players, it current highest rank doesn’t work properly. It you press the left trigger it doesn’t update the rank, but just shows the previous player’s rank.

• I would like to suggest another improvement to the stats menu screen. If you are in a party and aren’t the party leader, you can’t watch the stats from the last game until the leader starts searching again. In the original games you could always press y to see the stats. It is a minor thing, but I still find it irritating. Also, the career stats are definitely broken or they don’t load correctly. It is not rare to see someone with zero total time played, but with a lot of kills. And I really feel like the multiplayer page in career could use an update. There is so much information that would be neat to see, but right now it is rather pointless.

• In the player detail menu after a game MCC has a weird priority of medals. If you have two medals (like two double kills) it displays those instead of a running riot or an even higher streak. I certainly feel like a rampage is a better medal than two

• If you go to your career page in the settings it could easily be improved. For instance you can’t see your overall k/d, and it doesn’t differentiate between social and ranked games. It would be easy to add.

I think it is a great idea to have an official bug report site, but it needs to feature more games than Halo Reach. For instance, on snow maps in Halo 3 somehow your footprints are black instead of white. This is a minor graphical glitch, but I don’t know if you are aware of it or not. Minecraft also has a lot of bugs, and Mojang has an official page where you can report bugs and even vote to get them fixed. It might not be a bad idea to make something similar for MCC.
The announcer still doesn't shout Perfection at the end of a Reach Slayer game when you get one.
Would be nice to see Halo 4 ranked playlist of any kind.
I'm still noticing frame rate issues with Halo CE and Halo 2. When playing the Campaign, there's a lot of Frame Rate drops and Screen Tearing whenever I'm in combat.
The Elites in halo reach don’t display armour effects like OG reach or have the full sound range for fall damage/death sounds
Would be nice to see Halo 4 ranked playlist of any kind.
Would be nice to actually see a h4 swat and h4 hardcore
I have played a healthy amount of Reach since its release on Xbox and PC in the flights and since its launch. Even playing legacy halo reach for 360 the last 9 years. The spawning in MCC Reach is off. I have had numerous times where everyone spawns too close to everyone and isnt as spread out as 360 reach. I have noticed that it has really changed how spawns work in this game and this needs to be fixed. Spawning should be one of the #1 most important things and when you are spawning by teammates into gunfire the moment you spawn and die instantly with no chance there is an issue.On top of that, Most maps have spawn flips where enemies spawn on the opposite side of the maps away from their bases. This needs to be fixed. You should spawn within a directed area of each other's bases because you could be on the other side of the map and get shot in the back because they spawn behind you. The spawning is off and needs to be fixed.
I have a suggestion of what some people like me need in case of making Machinima. Since I have all the armor for Reach MCC, but when I get body actors, some of them don't have the armor I need, and as a body actor myself, I want to help directors have body actors. The splitscreen for Halo 4 of having unlocked armors for the guest from the original account is a great idea! It should've been a thing for all Halo games. I'm not saying people should rely on splitscreen just to get all the armor that the original account did to look good, I would condone that they should have that feature for machinima purposes. In case essential body actors are too busy on things, we should use split screen with guests with same unlocked armor as the original user has. The Halo 4 split screen feature is a GREAT IDEA! I hope 343 is reading this. This is my feedback. Thank you and continue improving Halo.
With the next update of Halo MCC for PC, an idea has come to my mind, is to add the Halo Reach Anniversary configuration to the match composer and custom games as a title instead of making it a rotating list. In this way the use of this anniversary configuration could be expanded for BTB, snipers, firefight, etc. and not just random options between slayer, CTF or KOTH where there is no total choice. Even if the Anniversary configuration isn't added like a title in custom games you could do it only on match composer and in Reach custom games add the Anniversary gametypes and maps variants.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
No more Lyrenne Castilla field, why? Imagine getting home and wanting to play grifball just to find out that it has been removed.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not make inappropriate comments.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not make inappropriate comments.*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
The lineup of BTB heavy maps are fine. Hemorrage is the worst because everyone camps with the DMR making it a dying fest and no fun.
Played Halo1 on Xbox locally, Halo2 on Xbox live, and Halo 4 on Xbox. Never played H3 or Xbox Reach. This is my first experience with Reach.

I only play Halo Swat because quitting out seems to be very frequent, at least I still have a chance if we lose a person, even 1v4 is doable.
The biggest issue I see is that certain maps at certain skill levels become very dominated by spawn-killing. The ones I think could be looked at for SWAT re: percentage of Spawn kills:
1) Hang-Em High Remake, whatever it's called (High Noon?)
2) Ascension remake, (Apex? )
3) Whatever the one is called with the waterfall/dam
I dunno if you have the data, but I basically would look at games where you have spawn lives that last unusually short (1-2 seconds), and my guess is you would find that this is most pronounced on the above, particularly the modern Hang-em High.

Regarding mechanics, I noticed with Halo1 vs Halo 2 that you could swipe a shot through and it would register as a kill. I think probably Halo 4 as well. It is definitely present in MCC Reach. Not necessarily an error on your part since maybe this was part of OG Reach, but I do wish the Halo 1 mechanics were more prominent because with all the other Halos, my accuracy goes up with sensitivity, when really should be the oppositive. What happens then is that I have been gradually maxing out my sensitivity since that lets you sweep larger areas of the screen to take advantage of the glitch. Even if it was this way in the original Reach, I personally think it makes the game less skill-based, but as I said, not necessarily a bad thing.

Forgot to add that I don't think you got enough credit for Halo 4. Having now played almost all of them (havent played H3 or H5), I think I probably enjoyed Halo 4 the most (haven't played 5). The forums made it seem like Reach/H3 were just on a whole nother level of awesome, but I gotta say, the multiplayer maps in Halo 4 were the best I played, they really worked well for a variety of playlists. The graphics were phenomenal. I personally loved how detailed so many of the armor choices were. I absolutely loved using the Mech Robot as a vehicle. I dunno, I loved it.
In the Firefight Doubles playlist it says scnarios instead of scenarios 😑
The new MCC update is somewhat satisfying... I want to see the Halo ring as a home screen.. that moving ring is what Halo about... If you do that then it's a lovestruck for most of the fans... Also, the new customization option in reach and new achievements for Halo reach are cool.
Is there a possibility for unranked Hardcore in H3? Coming late to this game, I quickly found myself in purgatory within HC on HR as I don't play as frequently as other Hardcore players and therefore didn't get enough games in to rank up with my peers. I don't have many friends that play HR so therefore I can't search HR Team Hardcore at all as to get games I'd have to be a significantly higher rank. The same goes with Halo 3. I love Halo 3 HC and I can't play it because I'm unranked.

I know a lot of people would take a gander into the playlist if it were social and unranked. Just put it into the 4v4 rotation - Hardcore Objective / Hardcore Slayer so people can opt out.

It'd just be:
MLG TS v8 on:
Guardian
The Pit
Amplified
Heretic
Narrows

MLG ConTS v8 on:
Construct

MLG CTF 5 v8 on:
Heretic
The Pit
Onslaught

MLG CTF 3 v8 on:
Narrows

MLG Oddball v8 on:
Guardian

MLG KoTH v8 on:
Construct

I know your developers and community team are incredibly busy, but I know myself and many, many others would love this!
Ah, so, I'm reinstalling MCC after an unfortunate external hard drive corruption, and it won't let me play the games that are already installed? For example, it's says that Halo CE is installed, but when I try to play it, it says it isn't installed and that I need to select it for installation. When I go to the Custom Installation page, it says it's installed. Is this intentional, or a bug on my end?
When is this idiotic progression system for unlocks going away and when is the rampant quitting going to be dealt with?
bring back map voting for multiplayer and ff please
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. ...
  9. 20