Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Feedback (Xbox) - February 2020

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 20
Peeformance issues at Anniversary versions of CE and Halo 2 at xbox one x still not fixed after latest update. 343, you have realised that you broke paid product and still not fixed it?
Why don't grenade sticks count towards the Catch This achievement? I don't see why they wouldn't and if you could make them count towards the total that would be great. Thanks.

Also I noticed that Synapse & Kingdom have been added to the Slayer rotation but don't remember reading this anywhere in the patch notes or playlist update posts so I'm curious, have they been there the whole time and I've just been incredibly lucky (yes lucky as I don't like Forge World maps) to not play on them or have they been added and if so what other Forge World maps from OG Reach have been put into the rotation? Furthermore I see that Condemned is also there which is great as I prefer it over Uplink.
Regresser wrote:
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Except he’s right, the people he quoted are major boosters I wanted to see for myself so I just clicked their profiles it took all of 10 seconds. The 1st account he quoted (Stormgrize) has 2200 games played with only 40 losses, super high KD, and in only 7 days of play time has nearly 60k kills. The other account (Icey tanker) also has a super High KD 3000 games played with less than 100 loses and nearly 100k kills with a similar play time, also the kills per game average to almost 40..plus their H5 stats are similar and their game history is all griffball...obvious boosting is obvious it doesn’t take a genius to figure it out
Allow for cross generation forge items? Such as the buggy from reach campaign in halo 4 forge (that car is in a halo 4 multiplayer map as a prop but I forgot the maps name)

Colourable/ texturable blocks like Halo 5 so we can actually be more creative and also please please please quadruple the halo reach forge item budget.
ARs on Foundry is still in rotation in the BR start filter (and the only filter turned on).

I'm desensitized to the incompetence at this point but I'm sure myself and any other rational human being would like to spawn with a BR in the playlist talking about spawning with a BR.
Hey,

I basically never play ranked on MCC because there isn't a playlist that is a variation I enjoy. So here are my thoughts...

TLDR: Every game needs at least one ranked playlist. If the game only gets a single playlist it needs to cover a multiply options. Slayer, Swat and objective game types for example. Halo 4 needs a ranked playlist, lots of people are asking for this. Halo CE if it is only going to have one ranked playlist, it shouldn't be 2Vs2. Why the Hell does Halo 3 have 2, 2vs2 playlists?!!?
Map rotation is annoying as you end up always playing the same maps after a while when there are over 100 maps available across all games. The weighting is too high.
--------------------
Hi,
My main feedback is regarding ranked Playlists. Of the 6 games that are available in the MCC multiplayer there are only 4 games covered in the ranked Playlists.
There are 9 ranked Playlists and for some strange reason 4 of them are all Halo 3. 2 of the Playlists are different variations of 2vs2 Halo 3.
Being honest this is ridiculous. It seems logical that every game would have at the very least one ranked Playlist associated with it. Currently Halo 4 and Halo 2 anniversary have no ranked Playlist.
I appreciate you don't want too many Playlists however it's current state is extremely flawed for 90% of the Halo community who want to play varied ranked games.
I have two suggestions for ranked Playlists if you wanted them to stay somewhat permanent. Which I think is a good idea as its extremely frustrating working towards a rank to see the Playlist simply then disappear. Below are my 2 suggestions....Ranked Playlists Option 1:
  • Halo CE Slayer (includes slayer variants, snipers, swat and doubles if searched for as a pair)
  • Halo CE Objective (contains CTF, Assault, King of the Hill etc)
  • Halo 2 & Anniversary Slayer
  • Halo 2 & Anniversary Objective
  • Halo 3 Slayer
  • Halo 3 Objective
  • Halo 4 Slayer
  • Halo 4 Objective
  • Halo Reach Slayer
  • Halo Reach Objective
  • Big team Battle (all Halo's, slayer and objective game types. Covering all game modes would give this mode lots of map choice etc.)
I would also add a choice of 2 game options per lobby before the game begins. For example the lobby can take a vote on "Halo 2 team BR's on Lockout" or "Halo 2 Swat on Elongation" in a Halo 2 slayer lobby. Just gives people choice and a vote.Ranked Playlists Option 2:This Playlist option has every game as a possibility in every mode. The key thing is as outlined above players get to vote on a game type /game / map before the match begins. These are just examples below and I imagine could be refined.
  • Team Slayer
  • CTF
  • Swat
  • Big Team Battle (objective and slayer)
  • Objective (all objective modes)
  • 2vs2
  • Team Snipers
  • Slayer FFA
Overall I am trying to show that there is in my opinion a better way for the ranked Playlists to cater for a larger percentage of the community. Essentially so there is something for everyone to play competitively regardless of what particular Halo they might prefer.Hope that helps.Cheers!
Sam
Alright here we go again: Game Halo Reach MCC: Enemy AI is much more effective at 60fps. Long night of solace space battle on legendary showcases this well.
The sounds sound a bit muffled.
The "Club Errera" easter egg ends too soon. A grunt will drop dead and the music will stop randomly.
The DMR case on level "Pillar of Autumn" Comes out of the wall with too much force.
Halo Reach MP: I would like the TU to be removed or at least have the option to play vanilla Reach.

Game Halo CE MCC: Spirit drop ships do not fire from the correct location. They fire from the center of the ship instead of the turret a good place to see this is the level halo just wait for a drop ship to arrive and have it shoot at you.
Next the flood carrier forms don't turn the target red for any weapon good place to see this is library, just point a weapon at a flood carrier form. *note please please please fix these things before the Halo CE release to pc*

Game Halo 2 MCC: some allies or enemies are still not dual wielding properly.
A Wraith spawns flipped over at the end of the level The Great Journey. It's on the right side as you fly over the beach to get to the doorway to the Tartarus fight.
The "Grunt Birthday Party" Skull does not function properly. It causes confetti and "yay" to happen when you head shot grunts instead of it's original effect of causing a plasma grenade explosion for any and all head shots on any body (dead of alive). My suggestion is to introduce a new skull called "Classic Grunt Birthday Party" skull to re implement the original skull effects into the game.

Game Halo 3 MCC: Second skull in the level "Cortana" spawns, bounces and falls into an unreachable abyss. The skull I'm talking about is the one in the generator room where you blow up high charity.

Game Halo 3 ODST MCC: Not really a bug, but the game is missing the firefight mode. Please add this in again to the xbox and pc releases when you re release it for the pc.Game:

Halo 4 MCC: The entire campaign seems to be running on the resource saving co-op mode. Best way to see this is to look at a pulse grenade explosion and compare it to the original game. The MCC version is missing a second sphere inside as well as some electrical effects. If you play the original game on local co-op you see that the pulse grenade looks like it does in the MCC version. From what I understand Halo 4 had a lower graphics mode specifically for co op play, however the MCC version seems to use this lower graphics mode for the whole single player campaign.
Hey! We have a new process! Please head over to the Halo Support site (on phone so apologies for no direct link) to report bugs. We are working on building these specifically for feedback and not technical problems or bugs.

Thank you,
Postums
De Lullo wrote:
In Halo 3, I just got into a match of "Team slayer" (so with AR starts) on Foundry via the matchcomposer while only having Precision Slayer turned on. This shouldn't be the case, I only should have BR starts.
This will be fixed in the near future.
Seville wrote:
ARs on Foundry is still in rotation in the BR start filter (and the only filter turned on).

I'm desensitized to the incompetence at this point but I'm sure myself and any other rational human being would like to spawn with a BR in the playlist talking about spawning with a BR.
Hey Seville,

I appreciate the wanting to see an issue get fixed. But please try to shy away from degrading folks. As much as I know your specific issue you want to see fixed - it’s just not nice to talk about folks like that.

The team was made aware of the one out of several hundred (or even thousands, I’m not sure) game type and map combos that was incorrectly tagged for the brand new playlist offering.

It will be resolved in the near future. Again, apologies for the mistake, but please remember that we are all humans to and there is no need to try and demoralize folks because of it.

Cheers,
Postums
I would like to share my feedback about the multiple glitches in Halo MCC on the Xbox. I really love each Halo game, spending lots of hours in it. The only thing that makes me disappointed is the fact that sometimes achievements won't unlock, or unlock hours or days after I play MCC again, or a next scene isn't popping. My "TOP 5 FRIENDS: SPEED RUN/SCORE" is mostly empty as well, while I really have a time or a score. The update screen I see sometimes after an update is in German, while I set my Xbox and the game on English...

Glitches in levels are mostly avoided by playing the level again, but when playing lots of hours for completing a Halo game on Legendary inside 3 hours what results in no popping achievement makes me really sad! I see many replies from people on forums and videos complaining about glitches like these, from the release of MCC till now. Does anyone know if MCC is going to fix these things at all? Thanks!
Postums wrote:
Seville wrote:

Hey Seville,

I appreciate the wanting to see an issue get fixed. But please try to shy away from degrading folks. As much as I know your specific issue you want to see fixed - it’s just not nice to talk about folks like that.

The team was made aware of the one out of several hundred (or even thousands, I’m not sure) game type and map combos that was incorrectly tagged for the brand new playlist offering.

It will be resolved in the near future. Again, apologies for the mistake, but please remember that we are all humans to and there is no need to try and demoralize folks because of it.

Cheers,
Postums
It's all good. There is genuinely no animosity in my post as my expectations of the franchise has declined along with the population (hence the use of the word "desensitized").
That said, any attempt to better the game is appreciated. Regardless of good intentions, I simply have justifiably low expectations as I'm sure anyone could appreciate given the worse standards that many long-time players have come to accept.
Something is wrong. I see games where people are not starting with the correct weapons. Halo fundamentally doesn't work with spray and pray weapons as starting weapons. Please fix this ASAP (and it doesn't require a patch)!
If you don't like those games, deselect the option. Times where the precision weapons were the only way to play are fortunately gone for those who enjoy both or just the other one.

Halo works with any official gametype (whether it is AR + Pistol, AR or SMG starts in the correct game), just because you don't understand it is not enough of a reason to ignore a growing community. Stick to your likings and stop killing each other's entertainment.

We don't need another decreasement of the global population because of someone one-sided ideas.
Those people should stick to a game they like instead of trying to change a game they don't like into something else. This would all be fine and dandy if this was a PC game with a server browser so everyone could stay out of the empty spray and pray servers. This game is based on matchmaking so adding a broken gametype that has NEVER been apart of Halo outside of a short time immediately following Halo 2's release only splits the playerbase. More options in a matchmaking type of game is not good. Go play another game instead of screwing with a formula that put Halo at the top of the gaming world for nearly two decades.
Assassinations do not work on MCC Reach if you use the Universal Default (Recon) button layout. Can anyone else test this out to see if the same happens to them? Switching back to the Default layout allows me to do assassinations again, but I simply don't like the Default layout and have become accustomed to Universal Default (Recon).
Include all maps from halo ce in 2v2 slayer and flag. I should be able to play all the maps available on the original halo without having to be in an 8v8 match up. Make a map voting system pregame. Problem solved. Blood gultch is not too big for two v two. Or even 4 v4 would be fine
Not sure if any of this has been mentioned previously but here's my two cents on a few items.

The MCC UI has many unnecessary little extra button presses that overtime can become quite frustrating. Let's reduce that. Here are a few places that stand out.

- Forge canvases and map variants should be listed first in playlists and editor lists to reduce excessive scrolling. Currently to play a series of customs matches in Reach you must scroll to the end of the list of maps, select Forge World and then scroll through the list of customs maps to get to the map you want. This must be repeated every time you load a new match.

- Forge specific maps should have an icon representing them to improve distinction.

- Map Fileshare should be selectable directly within the Map list page.

- Gametype Fileshare should be selectable directly within Gametype/Basic Editing pages.

-allow us to create a pin in the Xbox dashboard to load directly to the exact Halo game and game type that we wish to play. For example:
*Forge *Halo 3 Forge *Reach Forgeworld variants
*Multiplayer *Multiplayer Social *Custom Multiplayer Halo 4
ECT. . .
(This not only benefits players but also benefits Streamers that like to hop game IPs and want to quickly get into a match on the MCC)
**Less fussing more gaming**

- Unless you have more creation tools coming, put Theatre and Forge back on the main page. You're literally saving one spot on the screen but adding an extra screen for people to get to what they want.

- in reach Forge customs turn on object lighting in split-screen matches. I doubt the objects light enough area at a far enough distance to have much of an impact on frame rates.

Oh and People, I can't say it enough, unlock the local and shared file space. It's my space on the hard drive and Microsoft's already sharing a buttload of space with OneDrive.

There's more but I think that covers it for now.
DEZ28hce wrote:
Include all maps from halo ce in 2v2 slayer and flag. I should be able to play all the maps available on the original halo without having to be in an 8v8 match up. Make a map voting system pregame. Problem solved
Some of those maps are way to big for 2’s, before reaching 25 kills the match will be over.
I just played a game of HCE BTB Team Slayer on Ice Fields and got a few kills with the Fuel Rod Gun, but I didn't get the Fuel Rod kill medal. Not a big bug but I thought I'd post it in case nobody knew of this issue.
Games: Halo anniversary and Halo 2 anniversary Campaign mode
System: XB1X
Problem: When using remastered graphics, both Halo and Halo 2 suffer from poor framerates and ugly screen tearing. These noticeable performance issues were not present prior to the Reach update.

Can anyone official please comment and confirm that 343 are aware of this performance downgrade and that a fix will be incoming?
Many thanks.
I look forward to coming back and playing only Heavies and Auto-Slayer. Thanks for listening to the community. How about adding auto-slayer for H1 (default if you cannot do no OP pistols starts except in HEH) and heavies for H1 and H2? There is a easy way to enable secondary heavies in the UI.xbe on H2. Why isn't Hemmorage or Paridiso (or similar) in Heavies?
Got randomly banned for 2 weeks so that's cool
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 20