Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Feedback (Xbox) - July 2020

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 12
  4. 13
  5. 14
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. ...
  9. 27
Multiplayer Feedback:
MCC Halo Game: Halo Reach (Firefight matchmaking)

Playing Halo Reach firefight matchmaking (any of the three kinds) grants no progress towards challenges, but custom firefight does. If I'm trying to complete "Dome Alone II" or "Core Values 1" or "Trusty Sidekick", playing custom single player firefight with the correct weapons grants progress, but playing any of the three matchmaking firefight playlists never gets me any progress, despite using the correct weapons for the challenges. There's no description on which gamemodes I need to play for some challenges, and on others in the seasonal tab it says "any" gamemode, so why can't I get any progress? This as well as the daily resetting of challenges bug is very annoying, despite the challenges on the whole being very well executed. Please address these bugs.
Multiplayer Feedback
Halo 2 Classic

Please add more H2C ranked playlist or get rid of H2C Team Hardcore and add something else in its place like Team Slayer, Team Doubles or even just add Team Arena back with a couple of changes to the gametype / map combinations. I've had a 50 in every single variation of all the Halo 2 Classic playlist to Halo 2 Classic 4v4 with the voting system on old MCC to the game being Team Arena with Objective/Slayer/Snipers to even right now when it was only Team Hardcore (MLG Settings) Majority of people want to play the default settings over the Team Hardcore settings. That's why most people play and search the composer compared to playing Team Hardcore. I know Team Hardcore has level / party restrictions but they currently just reset the ranks and you still can't find games on a fresh level one searching in a party or solo / 2s so that tells you everything you need to know. But anyways here are the gametype / map combinations with the playlist. Also I know Team Arena isn't ideal because people are very picky with what gametypes they wanna play but I'm just going to suggest it anyways. I just want an ALIVE Halo 2 Classic RANKED playlist.

Team Slayer

Ascension
Beaver Creek
Colossus
Desolation
Elongation
Foundation
Gemini
Ivory Tower
Lockout
Midship
Sanctuary
Tombstone
Turf
Warlock

Team Doubles

MAP WEIGHTING

High Weight (65%)
Lockout
Midship
Sanctuary
Warlock

Medium Weight (25%)
Beaver Creek
Turf

Low Weight ("Unhealthy maps") (10%)
Ascension
Elongation
Ivory Tower

GAMETYPES

Slayer (Default Weapons) - Beaver Creek, Elongation, Ivory Tower, Lockout, Turf --> HIGHEST WEIGHTING
Slayer (Human Weapons) - Midship, Warlock --> HIGHEST WEIGHTING
Slayer (No Sniping) - Ascension, Sanctuary --> HIGHEST WEIGHTING
Slayer (Rifles) - Ivory Tower, Lockout, Sanctuary --> HIGHEST WEIGHTING
CTF (Classic) - Elongation --> LOWEST WEIGHTING
CTF (Classic w/ Human Weapons) - Midship, Warlock --> MEDIUM WEIGHTING
Crazy King - Beaver Creek, Turf, Warlock --> LOWEST WEIGHTING
Oddball - Elongation, Lockout, Midship, Sanctuary, Warlock --> MEDIUM WEIGHTING

Notes:
1. No SMG starts.
2. There was no overshield on ANY map in Halo 2 Double Team.
3. There was no banshee on Ascension.
4. Crazy King in Double Team should remain the lowest weighted gametype because the hill spawns are 100% random.

Team Arena

Ascension - 1 Flag / TS
Backwash - CTF3
Beaver Creek - CTF3 / TS
Burial Mounds - 1 Bomb
Colossus - CTF3 / TS
Desolation - TS
Elongation - CTF3 / TS
Foundation - TS
Gemini - TS
Ivory Tower - 1 Flag / TS
Lockout - 1 Flag / KoTH / Oddball / TS
Midship - Bomb / CTF5 / KoTH / Oddball / TS
Sanctuary - Bomb / CTF3 / TS
Tombstone - TS
Turf - 1 Bomb / TS
Warlock - Bomb / CTF5 / KoTH / Oddball / TS
Zanzibar - 1 Flag
Misc/Other Feedback
MCC Halo: Forge

We need more that 50 files for 4 games.
I don’t know if anyone has said it in here before (I’m sure it’s popped up before), but this is way too small. I probably had almost 100 files in Halo 3, and definitely more in Reach, yet I only have 50 for all the forges.
I barely have enough space to keep my maps I moved over, let alone make new ones. Which is especially bad since we just got all this new stuff in 3 and Reach.
I’m currently trying to use the file share as a back up, but today it disappeared and came back. So that isn’t reliable sadly.
We seriously need more space. 150 like in the file share would be nice, we just need more than we currently have.
JJMK70 wrote:
MCC Challenge Hub counters still being reset to zero every game launch on XBOX ONE. Completed challenges show as completed. My family members profile shows his progress counters as being active. For example, we played some Halo 3 in co-op mode yesterday. Completed 4 missions. Today when signed in to finish the 5th mission to complete ‘Elite Company I’ Seasonal challenge, my progress reset to 0/5 while theirs was showing 4/5. After the game they received credit for the challenge while I earned a 1/5 progress on the challenge.
Not to mention the loss of all other progress not completed.
I was very excited to see the introduction of the Challenge hub ( as I enjoyed the daily and weekly challenges on Halo:Reach) but after 3 days of continuously losing hard earned progress on Weekly challenges and finding little to no help online let alone a mention of what appears to be a wide spread issue, I am left rather disappointed and frustrated.
Hi, I've been having the same problem with challenges. For now, the best thing to do would be to submit a new ticket on Halo support for this issue. I've also found a forum post that has a partial fix for the challenge bug here: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/84ad72a8b51847978545f685f651fc15/topics/i-found-a-fix-for-the-resetting-challenges/b122e969-3af8-49e4-ac79-9af23c809352/posts?page=1#post7 The fix described in this link is not perfect by any means (for me I still had lost progress on some challenges), but it does bring back some lost progress on some challenges, so it's better than nothing. We still really need a proper fix though. Hope this helps!
Halo 4 Flood Custom Game Question/Suggestion

My support ticket for another website told me to post here, not sure if I’m doing this right, please correct me if I’m wrong.

In the original Halo 4, you could change the Flood Player Settings so that they were allowed to do things such as drive/pilot a vehicle. However, I cannot seem to find this setting anywhere in Halo 4 on MCC (should be under the game mode settings if I’m not wrong). Did I miss this, or was it not ported over to MCC?
TCBSAMURAI wrote:
JJMK70 wrote:
MCC Challenge Hub counters still being reset to zero every game launch on XBOX ONE. Completed challenges show as completed. My family members profile shows his progress counters as being active. For example, we played some Halo 3 in co-op mode yesterday. Completed 4 missions. Today when signed in to finish the 5th mission to complete ‘Elite Company I’ Seasonal challenge, my progress reset to 0/5 while theirs was showing 4/5. After the game they received credit for the challenge while I earned a 1/5 progress on the challenge.
Not to mention the loss of all other progress not completed.
I was very excited to see the introduction of the Challenge hub ( as I enjoyed the daily and weekly challenges on Halo:Reach) but after 3 days of continuously losing hard earned progress on Weekly challenges and finding little to no help online let alone a mention of what appears to be a wide spread issue, I am left rather disappointed and frustrated.
Hi, I've been having the same problem with challenges. For now, the best thing to do would be to submit a new ticket on Halo support for this issue. I've also found a forum post that has a partial fix for the challenge bug here: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/84ad72a8b51847978545f685f651fc15/topics/i-found-a-fix-for-the-resetting-challenges/b122e969-3af8-49e4-ac79-9af23c809352/posts?page=1#post7 The fix described in this link is not perfect by any means (for me I still had lost progress on some challenges), but it does bring back some lost progress on some challenges, so it's better than nothing. We still really need a proper fix though. Hope this helps!
Iv'e found if you're having an issue with them resetting, what I've been doing is stay on the game and log out out and then back in, then when you open your challenge hub again it should be working correctly. Just don't try to do the challenges before you do this or it will full on reset that specific challenge.
I was just wondering if Halo reach and Halo 3 will be getting magnet and duplicate object function in the forge? These are two functions I use a lot when building Halo 2 Anniversary maps. These functions save me a lot of time and eye strain when building maps.
I was just wondering if Halo reach and Halo 3 will be getting magnet and duplicate object function in the forge? These are two functions I use a lot when building Halo 2 Anniversary maps. These functions save me a lot of time and eye strain when building maps.
Probably won't without completely changing the feel of the original bungie forge. Because you got to remember 343 brought in the magnetic feature when halo 4 came out. Though its a good idea, it might not happen. We still have halo 4 to come to PC as well as odst firefight, all which take priority at the moment.
MCC HALO GAME: ALL
FEEDBACK: So I’m loving the new challenge hub and the update to Halo 3 is really good!
My game crashed today and almost all of my challenges got reset. I had 900 headshots for the dome shot 2 challenge out of 1000 and after the brief crash, it got reset to 0 along with others and that is extremely infuriating to me! That needs to be prevented in the future if this challenge hub plans on being fully implemented in the game.
RANKED PLAYLISTS:
I was a little mad about the reset but with the introduction of lifetime highest, I’m assuming that the next reset will keep my highest rank on my record. That’s saying that you guys tested that and it actually works! Playlists need to be changed a little. Halo 3 has the only Normal ranked playlist (h3 team slayer), invasion doesn’t count as that is it’s own gametype. Hardcore must be it’s own playlist (crossplay maybe) and every game (INCLUDING HALO 4) deserves its own ranked playlist! Whether it is slayer, a mix of gametypes, etc. as long as each game is included but not all hardcore! No one wanted that. FFA needs to be included in ranked big time as well! That was one of the selling points of this game for me was possibly getting a 50 in a ranked crossplay FFA playlist or something! Never happened for 6 years now except for very briefly. I’m happy you guys removed that other H3 doubles playlist though.

Mostly happy with this update but there’s still work to be done for it to be perfect.
Multiplayer FeedbackHalo 2 Classic

Please add more H2C ranked playlist or get rid of H2C Team Hardcore and add something else in its place like Team Slayer, Team Doubles or even just add Team Arena back with a couple of changes to the gametype / map combinations. I've had a 50 in every single variation of all the Halo 2 Classic playlist to Halo 2 Classic 4v4 with the voting system on old MCC to the game being Team Arena with Objective/Slayer/Snipers to even right now when it was only Team Hardcore (MLG Settings) Majority of people want to play the default settings over the Team Hardcore settings. That's why most people play and search the composer compared to playing Team Hardcore. I know Team Hardcore has level / party restrictions but they currently just reset the ranks and you still can't find games on a fresh level one searching in a party or solo / 2s so that tells you everything you need to know. But anyways here are the gametype / map combinations with the playlist. Also I know Team Arena isn't ideal because people are very picky with what gametypes they wanna play but I'm just going to suggest it anyways. I just want an ALIVE Halo 2 Classic RANKED playlist.

Team SlayerAscension
Beaver Creek
Colossus
Desolation
Elongation
Foundation
Gemini
Ivory Tower
Lockout
Midship
Sanctuary
Tombstone
Turf
Warlock

Team DoublesMAP WEIGHTING

High Weight (65%)
Lockout
Midship
Sanctuary
Warlock

Medium Weight (25%)
Beaver Creek
Turf

Low Weight ("Unhealthy maps") (10%)
Ascension
Elongation
Ivory Tower

GAMETYPES

Slayer (Default Weapons) - Beaver Creek, Elongation, Ivory Tower, Lockout, Turf --> HIGHEST WEIGHTING
Slayer (Human Weapons) - Midship, Warlock --> HIGHEST WEIGHTING
Slayer (No Sniping) - Ascension, Sanctuary --> HIGHEST WEIGHTING
Slayer (Rifles) - Ivory Tower, Lockout, Sanctuary --> HIGHEST WEIGHTING
CTF (Classic) - Elongation --> LOWEST WEIGHTING
CTF (Classic w/ Human Weapons) - Midship, Warlock --> MEDIUM WEIGHTING
Crazy King - Beaver Creek, Turf, Warlock --> LOWEST WEIGHTING
Oddball - Elongation, Lockout, Midship, Sanctuary, Warlock --> MEDIUM WEIGHTING

Notes:
1. No SMG starts.
2. There was no overshield on ANY map in Halo 2 Double Team.
3. There was no banshee on Ascension.
4. Crazy King in Double Team should remain the lowest weighted gametype because the hill spawns are 100% random.

Team ArenaAscension - 1 Flag / TS
Backwash - CTF3
Beaver Creek - CTF3 / TS
Burial Mounds - 1 Bomb
Colossus - CTF3 / TS
Desolation - TS
Elongation - CTF3 / TS
Foundation - TS
Gemini - TS
Ivory Tower - 1 Flag / TS
Lockout - 1 Flag / KoTH / Oddball / TS
Midship - Bomb / CTF5 / KoTH / Oddball / TS
Sanctuary - Bomb / CTF3 / TS
Tombstone - TS
Turf - 1 Bomb / TS
Warlock - Bomb / CTF5 / KoTH / Oddball / TS
Zanzibar - 1 Flag
So much good stuff in this post. For the love of god please change H2C flag to CTF Classic. Multi flag is so incredibly dumb on smaller maps.

Has anyone at 343 played these gametypes? I challenge you to try and get a flag return on midship or warlock if the flag is outside of the base. It is virtually impossible.
Lost my 50 for the last time. It takes hundreds of wins to get one. I’m truly done with this game; I’m sure you guys will find another excuse to wipe them again and -Yoink- on your competitive player base. When Infinite flops, I hope MS rips this franchise from this amateur company.
Removing the ability to kill teammates or getting rid of the punishment not my fault in CE if a teammate decides to walk into my moving vehicle because I'm trying to avoid taking fire guy spawns right behind me and moves into my vehicle while I'm backing up I get kicked and banned for a minute its really not my fault
Wow, Empalement. Does a fake rank mean that much to you?
my game has been crashing regularly. PLEASE FIX, it is very frustrating to crash during ranked and ranking down because of it....
cc42 wrote:
Why havn't you, 343i, addressed the framerate problem on the Xb1x? 7 months you've ignored it for now. You broke it. It used to be smooth and now it's unplayable! Halo:CE and Halo 2A campaigns. Why have you let this go so long? We paid a lot of money for the "premium xb1x" console plus we paid full priced for the MCC and this is how we are rewarded. Why can't you say SOMETHING about this? We have been waiting and waiting while you release Halo 1/2/3 for PC and address all these other bugs for the PC, meanwhile you can't even acknowledge that you left us with 2 unplayable campaigns for 7 months now. Seven months.
Okay, this sounds like one of those guys that whine because the framerate is 45 FPS over 60. Honestly I can play a game smoothly at 30 FPS. It's not unplayable, your just -Yoinking!-.
Empalement wrote:
Lost my 50 for the last time. It takes hundreds of wins to get one. I’m truly done with this game; I’m sure you guys will find another excuse to wipe them again and -Yoink- on your competitive player base. When Infinite flops, I hope MS rips this franchise from this amateur company.
Now this sounds like -Yoinking!- as well. You're calling them ametures over one minor issue. This goes for all of the players who keep down-putting 343, too. You guys don't have the fatal flaw of losing the important stuff like audio. I haven't said one thing about 343 sucking because, "They don't know how to fix my audio, they keep breaking it, blah, blah, blah!" Now why haven't I said anything? Because I wanna say MCC on Xbox runs at least 9 different game engines including Unreal Engines 1-4. I've heard many things about how it runs that I don't understand except for the fact that it runs like god in the manner that it shouldn't be running this perfectly. By now developers endulge users so much that now it hurts to play anything less than 60 FPS on 4K.
cc42 wrote:
Why havn't you, 343i, addressed the framerate problem on the Xb1x? 7 months you've ignored it for now. You broke it. It used to be smooth and now it's unplayable! Halo:CE and Halo 2A campaigns. Why have you let this go so long? We paid a lot of money for the "premium xb1x" console plus we paid full priced for the MCC and this is how we are rewarded. Why can't you say SOMETHING about this? We have been waiting and waiting while you release Halo 1/2/3 for PC and address all these other bugs for the PC, meanwhile you can't even acknowledge that you left us with 2 unplayable campaigns for 7 months now. Seven months.
Okay, this sounds like one of those guys that whine because the framerate is 45 FPS over 60. Honestly I can play a game smoothly at 30 FPS. It's not unplayable, your just -Yoinking!-.
Actually it is borderline unplayable because it is so variable. It is not a constant 30, nor is it a constant 45. It varies a lot, so your snappy inputs don't adjust accordingly to what is happening on screen. It was fine before the Reach update, it's been more than 7 months, and everything else has been prioritised over how well these campaigns run.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary Campaign and Halo 2 Anniversary Campaign
  • FEEDBACK: On Xbox One X, the framerate drops down to unplayable levels for about half of the gameplay.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: This has been occurring since Reach came out.
cc42 wrote:
You have no idea what you talking about,this guy above is right,the game is unplayable on the anniversary versions, frame rates are terrible for 6 months now and 343 hasnt even addressed the problem.
Meh, I'll say it.

I haven't noticed any framerate issues on XBOX. Maybe try clearing your cache?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 12
  4. 13
  5. 14
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. ...
  9. 27