Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Feedback (Xbox) - July 2020

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 18
  4. 19
  5. 20
  6. 21
  7. 22
  8. ...
  9. 27
Would it be too much to ask that we be able to customize/remap our controls? Honestly, I just want to map my armor abilities for Reach from the left bumper to the left stick so to be consistent with the sprint, but I'm sure there are people who would feel more comfortable with a unorthodox controller layout
I’ve been really enjoying the new update to MCC my only complaint I have is that we do not receive season points for leveling up I’m not sure if that’s a me issue or if it’s intentional
On the Master Chief Collection, I would really like to see service tags allow four characters instead of three. This would allow for more customization and SPARTAN-III tags as reflected by the Halo Reach tag system.

Also, can the emblem-on-armor bug for Halo Reach please get fixed soon? It has been an issue for a while and seeing as the emblems now work on Halo 3 armor, it would be nice to see the same thing for Reach.
Can you fix the skull on Cortana from Halo 3? Just a suggestion.
What's wrong with it? Can't fix an unknown problem.
I've noticed in multiple maps that you die for no reason. No shots, beat downs, nothing just death when you walk into some random spots. This is the case for halo 2,3, reach, and halo 4. I went back into theater mode over and over for unexplained deaths.
What's wrong with it? Can't fix an unknown problem.
He's referring to the second one found in the reactor room. It falls off the map down into the deep pit as soon as it spawns in because it doesn't spawn on the surface, it kind of spawns in the air a little bit and that makes it roll off.
HellO everyone, this is for all the players who have had the connection interupted error come up while loading into MCC multiplayer I believe I HAVe a fix to your problems, albeit some of you might not be able to do this exactly but I hope it will help, so first and formost I am playing on Xbox, 2nd, I habe my games all in local storage, 3rd, I have ALL the Xbox ports forwarded from xbox.com. 4th, I am harlined into my router through ethernet cord, and last, I was using an IPv4, and I went into my router and enabled my IPv6, and now it uses a mix of both to more efficiently load into games faster, or at the same time as the other players in the lobby. I hope this works for everyone who has had problems woth it. So far I only dropped 1 game and i have played my first 2 MP games since back in 2019 when reach was put in. Spartans never die, they just go missing, so all the spartans who were missing, go with me and, FINISH YOUR FIGHT!!!
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
MrESWhite wrote:
cc42 wrote:
MrESWhite wrote:
Every level, wow. And what part specifically froze up for you? When did it become "unplayable"?
Nothing froze, it just dropped from 60 to like 30 when just changing where I looked in a few of the areas.
Wow, I found one of those "can't play in anything less than 60FPS" players. Probably in 4K, too. How is a game playing in 30 FPS a problem? It isn't unplayable, you're just a snob.
You think we're snobs because we used to have a locked 60 fps and now have not just a variable 30 fps but an extremely stuttery 30 fps? I don't know what to say other than it's hard to reason with someone with your mindset. First of all, if this problem was happening on PC how long do you think the PC playerbase would tolerate something like that? Probably 1 or 2 weeks tops! Secondly, even if it was a locked 30 fps instead of variable we shouldn't be OK with it. Thats a hugely inferior drop off compared to 60. Wht are you ok with it?

Let's say you're one of those people who doesn't notice framerates. Your senses and awareness aren't as sharp as ours. Or you, bless your soul, think it's only a problem on "some xbox one x's" which by the way is impossible. This is happening on everyone's system as is always the case when someone tries to act like "it must be your bad system, not mine" lol. If that's the case and you have no dog in the fight then why do you even care to complain about us complaining? It's that tired argument of "entitlement" that fanboys often love to throw around when they are offended that people would dare to complain about their beloved game or developer.

Why do people bother upgrading to the new consoles or build better PC's? Does this stuff really need to be explained to you? I think the people who let things like this slide are the problem. Either through bad eyesight, a magical console, or sheer ignorance. Digital Foundary and hundreds of other people HAVE noticed it but thanks for helping to marginalize our voices. These are the same people that have perpetrated the idea that "console gamers don't care about framerate".
MrESWhite wrote:
MrESWhite wrote:
Every level, wow. And what part specifically froze up for you? When did it become "unplayable"?
Nothing froze, it just dropped from 60 to like 30 when just changing where I looked in a few of the areas.
Wow, I found one of those "can't play in anything less than 60FPS" players. Probably in 4K, too. How is a game playing in 30 FPS a problem? It isn't unplayable, you're just a snob.
It's not the 30 FPS that's the issue, it's that it goes from 60 FPS to 30 in a split second. It's also the fact it never dropped lower than 50 or so before Reach came out. Stop defending the fact that they broke it.
Like I said to both of you, I don't see the difference, A. B, I still don't see why they need to prioritize fixing framerates unless thwy turn into TRUE problems with say, 20FPS. They want to set up the PC, then fix the framerates, quality, all the issues that are deemed "not important". I'm not defending that they "broke" the game, I'm just saying that it isn't easy to put something together like MCC without breaking something. It's also effected by your quality. You guys are both on the One X? 4K, 60FPS? That's tough for any game over 100 Gigs, nevertheless the MCC, especially now. That is why they fixed the armor into sets before these updates. Something about having to put in all the combos or whatever. As for calling you guys snobs? I use that lightly. You can't go one day without going on and on about how now it's not running 60FPS straight-through while on 4K. If you really want to fix your framerates, you can let me know if I'm wrong, but if I remember right, you can turn off 4K compatability with the X. Might solve your problem. Emphasis on MIGHT.
You can’t turn off 4k rendering, it will just downsample it to 1440p or 1080p. It’s stuck running like crap. And size has NOTHING to do with how it runs. Modern Warfare on my One X is near double the size and runs like butter compared to this.
I doubt MW is 200 gigs, besides it doesn't run 6 games and 9 maybe 10 or 11 different engines. Also, it downsizes from 1440 to 1080. Xbox One X doesn't run TRUE 4K, even PCs can barely run it. So I can see why it still runs close to the same.
It is about 200 gigs (somewhere in the high 180s, low 190s. Don't have my Xbox on rn).
Will there be a custom browser? There's not much of a reason to make Forge maps without a custom browser.
I’m pretty sure they’re working as they mentioned it in their community updates and the halo 3 stream
Any one help with mcc reach i know largely % of us work and not got done with reach one cause reason job bills family etc. So why move head where some of us didnt get done with 1st ???
I hope the challenge system gets fixed. All my progress gets reset whenever I reset the game. I hope this gets fixed.
MrESWhite wrote:
cc42 wrote:
MrESWhite wrote:
You think we're snobs because we used to have a locked 60 fps and now have not just a variable 30 fps but an extremely stuttery 30 fps? I don't know what to say other than it's hard to reason with someone with your mindset. First of all, if this problem was happening on PC how long do you think the PC playerbase would tolerate something like that? Probably 1 or 2 weeks tops! Secondly, even if it was a locked 30 fps instead of variable we shouldn't be OK with it. Thats a hugely inferior drop off compared to 60. Wht are you ok with it?

Let's say you're one of those people who doesn't notice framerates. Your senses and awareness aren't as sharp as ours. Or you, bless your soul, think it's only a problem on "some xbox one x's" which by the way is impossible. This is happening on everyone's system as is always the case when someone tries to act like "it must be your bad system, not mine" lol. If that's the case and you have no dog in the fight then why do you even care to complain about us complaining? It's that tired argument of "entitlement" that fanboys often love to throw around when they are offended that people would dare to complain about their beloved game or developer.

Why do people bother upgrading to the new consoles or build better PC's? Does this stuff really need to be explained to you? I think the people who let things like this slide are the problem. Either through bad eyesight, a magical console, or sheer ignorance. Digital Foundary and hundreds of other people HAVE noticed it but thanks for helping to marginalize our voices. These are the same people that have perpetrated the idea that "console gamers don't care about framerate".
MrESWhite wrote:
MrESWhite wrote:
It's not the 30 FPS that's the issue, it's that it goes from 60 FPS to 30 in a split second. It's also the fact it never dropped lower than 50 or so before Reach came out. Stop defending the fact that they broke it.
Like I said to both of you, I don't see the difference, A. B, I still don't see why they need to prioritize fixing framerates unless thwy turn into TRUE problems with say, 20FPS. They want to set up the PC, then fix the framerates, quality, all the issues that are deemed "not important". I'm not defending that they "broke" the game, I'm just saying that it isn't easy to put something together like MCC without breaking something. It's also effected by your quality. You guys are both on the One X? 4K, 60FPS? That's tough for any game over 100 Gigs, nevertheless the MCC, especially now. That is why they fixed the armor into sets before these updates. Something about having to put in all the combos or whatever. As for calling you guys snobs? I use that lightly. You can't go one day without going on and on about how now it's not running 60FPS straight-through while on 4K. If you really want to fix your framerates, you can let me know if I'm wrong, but if I remember right, you can turn off 4K compatability with the X. Might solve your problem. Emphasis on MIGHT.
You can’t turn off 4k rendering, it will just downsample it to 1440p or 1080p. It’s stuck running like crap. And size has NOTHING to do with how it runs. Modern Warfare on my One X is near double the size and runs like butter compared to this.
I doubt MW is 200 gigs, besides it doesn't run 6 games and 9 maybe 10 or 11 different engines. Also, it downsizes from 1440 to 1080. Xbox One X doesn't run TRUE 4K, even PCs can barely run it. So I can see why it still runs close to the same.
Your arguments make no sense and frankly are terrible.

Let's break this down: Your primary argument is that "30 fps isn't bad; we're whiners; and that the MCC is such a conglomerate of games that 'of course thete will be issues'; you also point to the fact that the xb1x shouldnt be able to run them well anyway".

Did you miss the part about how these games used to already run well on the xb1x, even at dynamic 4k/60? Because they did. It took over 3 years but eventually they got the games to run at 4k/60! There were only minor drops and they felt SMOOTH for quite some time. It all fell apart after the Reach patch. Thiis has been explained to you already though

Secondly, you think that the framerate is only worth fixing if its "20 fps" and that we need to "stop crying over 30 fps". So again you missed the little detail that they are not 30fps, they are a much worse VARIABLE 30-45 FPS that STUTTER ...CONSTANTLY.

Nexr you think the PC deserves priority over console owners who cant play these campaigns in a smooth manner. Why? Unless you yourself are on PC and ypu just don't care about console, you know there are lots of people saying the experience right now stinks yet you keep coming up with illogical reasons as to why we should just accept this disregard for their original customers.

If you owned a business and sold someone a defective product, in what world would you think its prefferrablev to sell more products to new customers while ignoring the first customer? You would go out of business really quickly! The only reason 343i able to get away with this is because of people like you who are telling us to shut up.
cc42 wrote:
MrESWhite wrote:
cc42 wrote:
MrESWhite wrote:

MrESWhite wrote:
MrESWhite wrote:
Your arguments make no sense and frankly are terrible.

Let's break this down: Your primary argument is that "30 fps isn't bad; we're whiners; and that the MCC is such a conglomerate of games that 'of course thete will be issues'; you also point to the fact that the xb1x shouldnt be able to run them well anyway".

Did you miss the part about how these games used to already run well on the xb1x, even at dynamic 4k/60? Because they did. It took over 3 years but eventually they got the games to run at 4k/60! There were only minor drops and they felt SMOOTH for quite some time. It all fell apart after the Reach patch. Thiis has been explained to you already though

Secondly, you think that the framerate is only worth fixing if its "20 fps" and that we need to "stop crying over 30 fps". So again you missed the little detail that they are not 30fps, they are a much worse VARIABLE 30-45 FPS that STUTTER ...CONSTANTLY.

Nexr you think the PC deserves priority over console owners who cant play these campaigns in a smooth manner. Why? Unless you yourself are on PC and ypu just don't care about console, you know there are lots of people saying the experience right now stinks yet you keep coming up with illogical reasons as to why we should just accept this disregard for their original customers.

If you owned a business and sold someone a defective product, in what world would you think its prefferrablev to sell more products to new customers while ignoring the first customer? You would go out of business really quickly! The only reason 343i able to get away with this is because of people like you who are telling us to shut up.
Well said my friend, totally agree.
Fix the terrible ranking system, I don’t want to spend a month or more getting a 50 and no one else does as well. When I acquire a rank like to 25 and lose 2 games and I’m 2 games under a 25 (meaning I’m a 24 again) and I win 4 games in a row to get my 25 back. That’s just ridiculous.
My challenges did not reset since they launched. Bit today all my seasonal challenges were reset. Really sad. I had 13/15 coop missions and 90/100 multiplayer games...

edit:
after restarting the game, the normal challenges have their progress back. The two golden ones do not (AR/shotgun kills). Probably because I did a game in CE before I restarted the game. I made progress in AR/shotgun kills. But CE does not count to the multiplayer games challenge, so I got my progress back there. Puuh!
I've noticed in multiple maps that you die for no reason. No shots, beat downs, nothing just death when you walk into some random spots. This is the case for halo 2,3, reach, and halo 4. I went back into theater mode over and over for unexplained deaths.
Thats called a soft kill barrier, its to get players not to go too far out into maps. If the random spot is say, in the middle of a room you are supposed too be in, thats a bug.
My challenges are resting, idk if there is a bug or something but everytime I run MCC my progress in my challenges just reset.
Any one help with mcc reach i know largely % of us work and not got done with reach one cause reason job bills family etc. So why move head where some of us didnt get done with 1st ???
You can still go back and complete the Reach unlocks before moving on to the CE stuff.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 18
  4. 19
  5. 20
  6. 21
  7. 22
  8. ...
  9. 27