Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Feedback (Xbox) - June 2020

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
Welcome to the dedicated feedback thread for MCC on Xbox.
  • Campaign Feedback
  • Multiplayer Feedback
  • Misc/Other Feedback
The purpose of this thread is to gather suggestions or general feedback related to MCC on Xbox. When posting, please include as much detail as possible to include:
  • MCC HALO GAME: please specify which game within MCC you're providing feedback for
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: If you have a screenshot, game clip, or other supporting material, please provide the link in your post.
For all technical issues, please make sure to head on over to Halo Support site and find out if it is a known issue. If not, please submit a ticket
Please fix the back button in halo 2 classic. I haven't had a scoreboard in quite some time now.
Please fix the back button in halo 2 classic. I haven't had a scoreboard in quite some time now.
Thank you for helping to bring this to light. I have that problem and also the problem of not seeing the score or the shield+radar when playing FFA on H2 classic. I've put this on the May feedback, and sent a report through the Xbox with video proof already.

Let's hope it gets acknowledged.
I've had some framerate drops and freezes in most if not all of the games, particularly the older ones (CE, 2, and 3). I came across a script error in the mission Kikowani Station in Halo 3: ODST about halfway into the mission, where you need your fellow troops to fly in a Phantom to progress but they don't move, making it impossible to complete the mission. Also, I think a good menu feature would be to go back two checkpoints, as sometimes the Last Checkpoint feature isn't as useful as I'd like it too. In the mission Exodus in Halo: Reach, I accidentally jumped down to a lower platform before getting a jetpack, but the checkpoint still loaded and I had to restart the mission to get completion credit. An option to revert two or more checkpoints in the campaign could help prevent some occasional issues that I and others have run into, and I think it could be a pretty useful feature.
Game: Halo 2 and 3

Multiplayer Feedback: Hey guys, just wanted to bring up the idea of removing some maps from the competitive Halo 3 TS playlist due to their non-competitive nature, or their general lack of fit in a 4v4 setting. These maps are: Sandbox (including wastelands and vindictive) and stand-off, they just don't work in this setting. Also for Halo 2 there's a recurring problem of beatdowns not registering, or whiffing where they didn't before. The main problem is with standing beatdowns, as jumping or crouching tends to be more successful.

I'd also like to throw in the idea of being able to set priorities in matchmaking. Like, maybe I'm willing to get a longer search if I want to prioritize playing a a close-by server/region, or want to play against players around my skill level (weight in K/D and experience in the respective game maybe?) Besides that, game's running fine for me, just some usual hit-reg issues that I'm not even sure you can fix, but give it a shot if you can, please. See ya.

Edit: Also if you guys can find a way to incentivize more people to play the competitive playlists, that would be awesome.
It's not just the back button, I can't see my teammates symbols so can't distinguish who is enemy and friendly from far. Really narks me off as H2C is my favourite. Have submitted a support ticket, posted on here about it but nothing. Have reinstalled game over and over again, still same bug.
  • MCC HALO GAMES: Halo 3 ODST and Reach Firefights (and Halo 4 Spartan Ops)
  • FEEDBACK: Now that Halo 3: ODST Firefight has been announced to be joining the collection, I have a few more detailed requests I would like to make for the mode but it also would affect Reach as well (and Halo 4 Spartan Ops indirectly but it is related somewhat):
  1. I want to see a Firefight Achievement update for both ODST and Reach with more achievements to get specifically for the mode only when ODST Drops on PC (and updated for Xbox). We could have up to 100 more achievements maybe up to 800 achievements / 8000 Gamerscore for just Firefight only (you could create some crazy ones that would be brand new like doing certain crazy stuff that is in Firefight only) as Reach Firefight right now in the collection has one specific firefight achievement which is "Enemies Everywhere" which is pretty easy to get actually and that is all. If that is too many to ask, maybe do like 25 achievement for ODST Firefight, 25 for Reach Firefight and 50 more new ones for PvP multiplayer. There is a harken achievement back to Firefight on the Campaign mission for Reach: Lone Wolf, which is "One Final Firefight" but that is a Campaign only achievement, I want to see more achievements added to all the Firefight Halo games that are specific to it to get people to have an incentive to play the mode so they can get more Gamerscore for your account. With ODST Firefight, the Endure Achievement has to return definitely as that achievement was a big staple of ODST Firefight (I kind of hope not as a challenge, think of other things for Firefight challenges and keep certain challenges to being achievements for your account). With this addition for achievements to Firefight, every game mode in the collection would have a substantial amount of achievements to work for no matter which game mode you want to play (Campaign, Multiplayer, Firefight, etc.).
  2. ODST Firefight MUST GET MATCHMAKING SUPPORT WITH DEDICATED SERVER SUPPORT, EXACTLY LIKE REACH FIREFIGHT MATCHMAKING!!! This is an ABSOLUTE MUST for people to continue playing the mode over the long term, years into the future and now modding is a thing on PC, we can then even customize the experience even further than before. I would like to see a Normal Difficulty Playlist and a Heroic Playlist for ODST Firefight.
  3. I would like to see the Reach Custom Firefight toggle options for customizing your experience for a match to be brought into ODST Firefight for the first time. Right now the original ODST Firefight experience is EXTREMELY BAREBONES for customization, similar to Halo 4 Spartan Ops in a way. New game modes or as many of the same game modes from Reach Firefight, should be brought in ODST Firefight (like Gruntpocalyse). This basically would require a huge update to the mode for the first time, basically a brand new version of ODST Firefight. Keep the original survival endless wave mode like the original as the default mode for ODST when you enter the ODST Custom Firefight menu.
  4. Please utilize the Progression system coming up for Halo 3 (since Armor Customization has been confirmed coming up next month) and include the Character customization characters to be unlockable from ODST for Firefight (and don't forget the toggle Helmet option and Sargent Johnson) in the same Season as Halo 3.
  5. I would like to see the introduction of the match composer system from PvP into the Firefight menu for the first time to choose what kind of gametypes specifically you want to play, would be great between Reach and ODST!
  6. In the installation menu for Installing which components for each Halo game between Campaign and Multiplayer, under the Campaign option for ODST, please have the option to install/uninstall Firefight as a separate option!
  7. In the Careers Menu for Achievements, please for god sakes, SEPARATE OUT HALO 3: ODST Achievements from Halo 3 in the list!! It makes no sense now anymore to have them in the same list as Halo 3, I know it probably was done as a rushed job back in 2015 with the ODST Campaign because of a lack of time, but ODST now will be complete in the MCC as its own game pretty much now standalone and needs its own standalone list. Inside the ODST Achievement list, please have Campaign Achievements in one list tab, and Firefight labled (not multiplayer) in its own list, maybe an update for Reach's list could have Firefight get its own tab if a substantial Firefight Achievement update were added to the collection for Reach and ODST?
  8. If Halo 4 Spartan Ops can get its Matchmaking support brought back from OG Halo 4 (with dedicated server support), please include this in the firefight menu somehow to play missions randomly up to 4 players. Now I know customizing Spartan Ops is not really that customizable in the lobby menu but the missions most of the time are basically defending against waves of enemies or on the offensive against waves of enemies through a level (even though every mission has a continuous story element) and choosing randomly from the 50 missions in a random order, you don't have to follow the story but only just play the mission like its a "Firefight mission" for XP. Also it would relief the achievement grind quite a bit for most of the Spartan Ops achievements when playing in a random order (that we have currently rather than necessarily playing through the whole thing by yourself, which is an achievement on Legendary solo currently). If you want to know the story of Spartan Ops, just play it in the Custom Firefight section where you can play the mission continuously as it is currently. Spartan Ops does not need anymore achievements added, there are enough there on its own in the MCC. Halo 3 ODST and Reach need a new list for sure for there firefights!
1. Please please please Bring back Ranked Team Swat, it’s been part of the original Halo games so there is absolutely no reason why it’s not currently on Mcc.

2. Halo 4 spartan ops is still ruined, it won’t let me start a game and just crashes (ticket submitted). I believe 343 are aware but just haven’t done anything.

3. All according to plan achievement and flipyap achievement still bugged, no way to get it!
1. Bring back ranked SWAT again because it's a real shame that it's gone

2. Maybe add multiplayer campaign like we used to have in the original version of reach. The game mode could connect a session in a random mission from any game and allow people to play through it. Scoring and time should be on to allow players to gain XP

3. Allow users to use text chat while in a match because it would be nice to be able to use that

4. Add a customs browser to MCC as it is so much fun to play custom games and would make it easier to find games

5. Add Halo 3 ODST firefight and include it in multiplayer section with Reach's firefight
Is there a way to identify people who are hacking? These hackers are becoming disruptive when hosting Halo customs. I have to reset my router on a daily basis. Can someone from your support team join my custom lobbies to monitor who maybe doing this?
All Games in MCC
Make FOV slider a priority.
Enable centered or lowered crosshair settings.
Allow crossplay between Xbox and pc.

Please and thank you!!
NumeroIvy wrote:

Multiplayer Feedback: Hey guys, just wanted to bring up the idea of removing some maps from the competitive Halo 3 TS playlist due to their non-competitive nature, or their general lack of fit in a 4v4 setting. These maps are: Sandbox (including wastelands and vindictive) and stand-off, they just don't work in this setting. Also for Halo 3 there's a recurring problem of beatdowns not registering, or whiffing where they didn't before. The main problem is with standing beatdowns, as jumping or crouching tends to be more successful.

I'd also like to throw in the idea of being able to set priorities in matchmaking. Like, maybe I'm willing to get a longer search if I want to prioritize playing a a close-by server, or want to play against players around my skill level (weight in K/D and experience in the respective game maybe?) Besides that, game's running fine for me, just some usual hit-reg issues that I'm not even sure you can fix, but give it a shot if you can, please. See ya.

Edit: Also if you guys can find a way to incentivize more people to play the competitive playlists, that would be awesome.
Agreed. Imo Sandbox and it's variants should be removed completely from ranked H3 team slayer. From what I've experienced they aren't good to play on in a competitive way like Tundra and Pantheon as examples (and some broken? spawns). And of course Standoff. I think the maps in ranked should be manageable. Guardian, Heretic, Foundry, Narrows and Construct should be enough for ranked imo.
The sound is terrible for MCC on xbox in reach. Have the fixed the audio for reach yet on xbox?

Also, OSDT camp, you cant resume a coop camp where you left off.

Lastly, Texture pop in reach. Why do the plants pop in and out? I mean, im running an one X....
Is there a way to identify people who are hacking? These hackers are becoming disruptive when hosting Halo customs. I have to reset my router on a daily basis. Can someone from your support team join my custom lobbies to monitor who maybe doing this?
Right not it's not possible for anyone to mod the Xbox One OS in in way, which also means it's not possible to mod Xbox One games. If you suspect someone of cheating you can report them via the Halo Support site: https://aka.ms/HaloSupport
I Achi I wrote:
NumeroIvy wrote:

Multiplayer Feedback: Hey guys, just wanted to bring up the idea of removing some maps from the competitive Halo 3 TS playlist due to their non-competitive nature, or their general lack of fit in a 4v4 setting. These maps are: Sandbox (including wastelands and vindictive) and stand-off, they just don't work in this setting. Also for Halo 3 there's a recurring problem of beatdowns not registering, or whiffing where they didn't before. The main problem is with standing beatdowns, as jumping or crouching tends to be more successful.

I'd also like to throw in the idea of being able to set priorities in matchmaking. Like, maybe I'm willing to get a longer search if I want to prioritize playing a a close-by server, or want to play against players around my skill level (weight in K/D and experience in the respective game maybe?) Besides that, game's running fine for me, just some usual hit-reg issues that I'm not even sure you can fix, but give it a shot if you can, please. See ya.

Agreed. Imo Sandbox and it's variants should be removed completely from ranked H3 team slayer. From what I've experienced they aren't good to play on in a competitive way like Tundra and Pantheon as examples (and some broken? spawns). And of course Standoff. I think the maps in ranked should be manageable. Guardian, Heretic, Foundry, Narrows and Construct should be enough for ranked imo.
For sure, the sandbox maps are not competitive. Pantheon is okay, but it's too damn big. Reminiscent is just a poor man's blackout. I'm okay with regular TS having more than just the hardcore maps (even though I love those maps, you could throw amplified into TS) but yeah the BTB wannabe maps can go. Cold storage and orbital are competitive enough and they aren't even in the playlist, so maybe they should just throw those in there.
MMC Halo Game: Halo 2 Anniversary
Feedback: Add a skull to take away restart checkpoint when someone dies while playing Co-Op on legendary.
Halo 4 Mission "Catalyst" I drive a car and get into a void, you can see the border between the loaded location and the void. I can't go any further. I'm already halfway through the level. I am writing this to fix this error, I can start with an issue I haven't done yet, but I need support to find out about this issue :). On my Xbox live account there are clips related to the bug. Tag Jabcoise
MCC HALO GAME: Halo 3

FEEDBACK: Add competitive FFA H3 Lone Wolves playlist like in original Halo 3

ADDITIONAL INFO:
  1. Was the default playlist in original Halo 3, you could always get game.
  2. Competitive FFA should be a playlist if there are 2 playlists for 2v2 and 4v4 respectively. Having this many redundant playlists hurts matchmaking.
  3. Its hard to get a game in social H3 FFA, this would give people looking to play H3 FFA a specific playlist.
  4. Also its hard to get a game by yourself in many competitive playlists such as 2v2 especially late at night.
  5. Having a competitive FFA allows you to play alone without being smurfed by a low level account in competitive H3 team slayer.
  6. This would give the more devoted players (the ones that kept the game alive throughout 13 years) a new playlist to get competitive in.
Halo 2 classic
It is nearly impossible to grab the invisibility on Warlock playing as an Elite

Also please add the ability to view carnage report while in someone else's pre game lobby

It would also be helpful to know the population of people searching and playing each playlist
Halo 3 SWAT

I've just had a couple of SWAT matches earlier where none of my shots were registering. On Snowbound, I fired many shots head-on at opponents coming straight at me but none of the shots hit. I may not be the best shot, but the reticule and the profile of the opponent was straight on, there was no chance the hit detection could be that off.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8