Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Feedback (Xbox) - June 2020

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. ...
  7. 8
MCC HALO GAME: Misc

FEEDBACK: Can you remove or change all ties to the Halo Channel? I know you’ve been slowly phasing it out by ingame terminals, but 40% of the EXTRAS menu is an advertisement to an app that you guys no longer support. Removing Halo: Nightfall and Videos from Extras is going to help (or making them viewable in the game itself) is probably the best solution in this case
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not call out individuals. This includes forum members, moderators, administrators, and non-forum members.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Hit detection fix if possible pleeaaasse. Halo 3 specifically is super inconsistent. (Yes I am leading my shots). I’ll go into theater and can see the shots hitting but not registering.
Hey, I would like to suggest a gamemode for the MCC. I would like to suggest a Halo 4 no sprint playlist somewhat like the Halo: Reach no bloom competitive playlist. It would be it's own thing or even perhaps a rotational gametype like race. There have been a few mods that disable sprint so it feels more like a "classic" game. I made a variant that removes ordinance and make armour abilities pick ups similar to Halo 3's equipment. It would mean a lot if you could check it out and give some feedback. I'm just a guy who is trying to make a game that I enjoy more fun.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we must ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service, and then create a new thread with the translated text. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Traiga de vuelta SWAT clasificado de nuevo porque es una verdadera pena que se ha ido 2. Tal vez añadir campaña multijugador como solíamos tener en la versión original de alcance. El modo de juego podría conectar una sesión en una misión aleatoria de cualquier juego y permitir que la gente juegue a través de ella. La puntuación y el tiempo deben estar activados para permitir que los jugadores ganen XP 3. Permitir a los usuarios utilizar el chat de texto mientras está en una coincidencia porque sería bueno poder utilizar that4. Añadir un navegador de aduanas a MCC, ya que es muy divertido para jugar juegos personalizados y haría que sea más fácil encontrar juegos5. Añade el tiroteo de Halo 3 ODST e incl.
MCC Campaigns
I just bought MCC a couple of days ago and installed all of the campaigns from the custom installation menu, but when I go to actually play them, it sends me right back to the custom installation screen with the "Missing Content" box. I've tried restarting the game and my Xbox but nothing works.
Fix your matchmaking system, jesus christ. MMR and half -Yoinked!- SBMM make ranked and social equally awful for solo queuers. I shouldnt have to full stack search to have an ounce of enjoyment out of 10-20 year old games, because every time I solo search games end like this. Unbelievable.
Halo 3 Hit Detection

Came here straight from reddit to say that I echo the same story as detailed in this post.

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/hfseec/halo_3_mcc_pc_bullet_registration_this_is_the/?sort=new

As someone who still plays a decent amount of OG Halo 3, I know with 100% certainly that the hit reg is significantly downgraded in MCC compared to the original game. Here's some more proof:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4jTsS_otY4

Please fix this 343. Halo 3 deserves WAY better.
To whom this may concern.

Hi, could you please fix the matchmaking in Halo MCC on the Xbox One. I’ve been a massive Halo fan since day one and played Halo since the original one released on the Original Xbox all the way back in 2001, and of course when I saw the opportunity to get the complete set of Halo games all in one package I got it, but I’m sadden to inform that the matchmaking is an utter mess, since owning this game I have never Ever been able to find a server in my region East Australia, not even Southeast Aus, instead I am constantly thrown into West US servers and it frustrates me more then words could ever describe, that I have to verse people with 150+ms ping, not mention a first person shooter which heavily relies on response times. Could you please fix this, as I’ve done my research and have found this to be a commonly complained about issue which brings me to the conclusion that there is no shortage of players in my region which I first believed... It be nice as well you could incorporate a player count as well for severs and maybe give people the options to restrict servers to certain regions when searching for games, so if I just wanted to search for Aussie severs I’d have the options to rule out the others, or make it when it searches for a game, it looks for the closest first before getting further and further leading on to different regions. I’d really appreciate a fix as I honestly can’t play this game as it is, and it’s very disappointing considering how much of fan I am to the franchise.

Thanks, with kind regards, Cameron.
I would like to propose a solution for a certain balance change that was made a long time ago to nerf the power of the pistol in Halo 2 Classic. It used to be a reliable and decent weapon, specially when dual-wielded. The amount of fun and diverse combinations it could create were amazing, while preserving consistence. As far as I know, that wasn't true anymore when that patch arrived. However, that balance update (which also changed the power of some guns) was surely rushed and wasn't too tested from my experience.

The fact that said version of Halo 2 Classic arrived to MCC has made the Magnum not trustable at all, even when combined with a Plasma Rifle or a Plasma Pistol. A concrete dual-wielding combo with the SMG was also nerfed to the point dual SMGs are entirely better. These issues are most notable when spawning in FFA with a secondary pistol, or in Fiesta, where it's overshadowed by anything and dual-wielding Magnums is a mere improvement to an already lackluster and frustrating gun. On the other hand, I'm not exactly aware if the Needler had its reliability changed, but outside of host, its effectiveness is random, even with heavy leading, pacing and understanding of the bullets travelling. Using surfaces to your advantage with it barely works; if anything it can annoy a covered enemy. Spawning with an SMG, instead of a BR, hasn't really made those weapons any better.

Nevertheless, these little sandbox balancing concerns could be easily improved for the better, without meaning new issues with the rest of the weapons. Relying exclusively in luck and randomness is not good, specially when talking about precision weapons, not even in a casual environment.. Just make three simple changes across all gamemodes (includes Slayer and Objective in both, Social an Ranked games):

1. Disable the Magnum pistol spread. This will make it consistent, reliable and fun to use. Paired with that, using one alone at least won't give you a random chance to get the last headshot, in games like SWAT. At least, make it spread in a pattern like its CE counterpart (the faster you shot, the more spread is increased). These adjustments would need to be applied to dual-wielding as well, to keep everything similar to the original Halo 2.
  2. Make the amount of shots to kill equal to its magazine (12, as it's meant to match the BR bullets damage), or expand its ammunition count to 13 (the current amount of shots to kill, if I'm not mistaken). Remember, the pistol is a sidearm by this game standards, but that doesn't mean it can't have an understandable learning curve and deal decent damage without having to recharge it, making it completely useless against a BR or Carbine. A gun should always be able to kill without having to recharge, the current situation doesn't make sense at all.
  3. Increase the projectile speed of the Needler to make it a stronger and more useful version, and to not be limited to the stretch tunnels (such as the Beaver Creek ones). Let Midship truly shine with variety. Also, try to fix its hit detection outside of host.
I believe we could make an overall better version of Halo 2 Classic by following those steps, while still keeping its awesomeness and unique traits. Not only that, it would certainly make it closer to the true multiplayer experience it wanted to be, and remove that feeling of rushed development. Don't forget the mentioned weapons are pickups for the majority of times, so there shouldn't be major differences in the general feeling of the gameplay.
You should probably fix the campaign lag. I’m not sure if it’s internet but even if we have someone with great internet hosting, the game still lags in co-op
So I just noticed coagulation is not in the 4v4 precision or assault slayer or capture the flag/assault rotation. Please fix this.

Also please for the love of god make every game engine have its own 1-50 rank and make every game ranked instead of just random ranked playlists that we all know no one is playing because the ranked field of play for the game is too narrowed to draw people in making it incredibly hard to even get a match. Halo has lost its heavily competitive nature over the years due to this.

Ps. Adding the feature of being able to talk to enemies when in proximity is also a hugely missed Halo-thing.

Pps. The flashlight is a very big bell and whistle that the player should have. Helps with immersion and when players want to explore and enjoy the beauty of the game.
So I just noticed coagulation is not in the 4v4 precision or assault slayer or capture the flag/assault rotation. Please fix this.

Also please for the love of god make every game engine have its own 1-50 rank and make every game ranked instead of just random ranked playlists that we all know no one is playing because the ranked field of play for the game is too narrowed to draw people in making it incredibly hard to even get a match. Halo has lost its heavily competitive nature over the years due to this.

Ps. Adding the feature of being able to talk to enemies when in proximity is also a hugely missed Halo-thing.

Pps. The flashlight is a very big bell and whistle that the player should have. Helps with immersion and when players want to explore and enjoy the beauty of the game.
You can talk to enemy players when ever you want. Just set the voice to all instead of team or squad
This might be somewhere else but I've run outta ideas and where to go so here I am. I really been wanted to jump into all the old Halo games and have the MCC. My game freezes solid at main menu and can't go farther. I've reinstalled the game a few times, I've tried moving it between internal and external hdd. It's fully updated, the game just doesn't work. I don't know what to do and I looked it up online and saw this issue had been present since even 2019 so I'm hoping someone on here can help.
Ok

You can talk to enemy players when ever you want. Just set the voice to all instead of team or squad
I literally just checked my audio and its set to all. I played an 8 player free for all with 2 people i was speaking with in my lobby and none of us could hear any of each other.
I think Fiesta should be a standalone playlist all of the time, separate from Action Sack. Like how it is in Halo 5. I feel like Fiesta is popular enough to stand on it's own. Currently on MCC, when you search in Action Sack all you seem to get 80% of the time is Fiesta anyways. Making Fiesta separate from Action Sack would give Action Sack more room for weird gamemodes and community creations.
FIX THE BACK BUTTON. THERE'S NO SCOREBOARD IN H2C
Halo Reach (one of the issues)

two issues

1. In halo reach invasion, sometimes the game tries to load the map up but it disconnects everyone because it takes too long, I only notice this in halo reach invasion, so we all lag out before the game loads up, happens at least once every 40 minutes.

2. In halo mcc in general, the search is messed up. We KNOW there are other ppl searching, but we won't get a match, we have to quit the game and restart it up to fix it sometimes, the search is messed up.
It is nearly impossible to find any ranked matches. I don’t know if it’s because of low population, because I can sometimes find consistent matches on H3 Team Slayer and Invasion. But those are the only playlists I’ve ever been able to find a game in.
Halo Reach Big Team Battle maps need to be equally weighted. The DLC maps appear to be the most chosen; whereas forge world maps like hemorrhage are counted as one map. Instead of however many forge world maps there are.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. ...
  7. 8