Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Feedback (Xbox) - March 2020

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. ...
  9. 15
move Invasion to social, I honestly don't think should be
Also, H2A should be incorporated
I believe moving Invasion to Social would make the situation even worse; people wouldn't have any incentive to play (ranks) and no one would take the game seriously. Coordination, teamwork and smart play are key parts of the gametype, and those aren't correctly rewarded in Social, even with the new progression system (unless they add challenges or give medals for completing the objectives). Sadly, I don't think it would increase population but instead decrease it and make it worse. If anything, disable team matching for that specific playlist, as playing as a squad seems to be the only way to play at the moment. I haven't experienced too long search times during peak hours, though.
I keep getting randomly banned. If I'm searching for a game and get removed from the lobby for idling (which is stupid. Of course you're going to idle while searching), I'll get banned for five minutes. Same thing happens after a game of Firefight. What the hell is the deal here? This is beyond infuriating.
Long post incoming! Here it goes

Can we please get a change to H2 classic ranked? There have been no playlist changes for H2c ranked playlists in over a year, Hardcore dropped last year and was a dead playlist after a few weeks when it was made the only h2 ranked playlist because H2 arena was removed and replaced with hardcore only. Since then we have been asking repeatedly for a new playlists and it’s been a year and nothing. Replace with H2c ranked FFA which has been highly requested, or literally anything else to change it up, it’s been a whole year with no changes for crying out loud. Also H2c still has broken ghost melees which do not connect.

Halo Reach still needs the fire rate fixed only the fuel rod gun and concussion rifle as they still fire 50% slower than in OG rate likely due to the tick rate when Reach was ported over time MCC

Halo Reach BTB maps need to be addressed. The weighting for DLC only maps is WAY too high, I’ve played about 40 games of Reach BTB and I’ve gotten the same few DLC maps about 30 times out of 40, and I still have yet to play a match on hemorrhage.

Lastly, please fix ranked matchmaking. We really need an overhaul of the majority of the playlists they’re very stale. A huge reason why some people won’t play ranked if because your ingame profile only shows your current highest rank, if you get a 50 in a playlist and that playlist is retired the game will not shows your 50, this NEEDS to be changed to show “highest rank ever achieved” on the ingame profile. People get discouraged from playing ranked due to this, why should I grind out a 50 for a month or 2 only to have it disappear from my profile when the playlist is retired? Please, please change this! The other thing is amount of wins it takes for a 50 are currently about 230, and that’s with no losses, it needs to be cut in half, back in OG H3 you could get a 50 in half that. I think this is very reasonable and should be done because of the lower population on the game, not only that but it would keep playlists fresher longer if people knew they wouldn’t have to grind out as many Seriously, all I get is Ridgeline all day. This map is so boring! I want Cragmire and Boneyard both added to BTB Heavies. Those were some of my favorite maps. The rotation is simply -Yoink-. Map voting needs to come back.
Halo 2A and classic:

Ghosts do not fly around in a random manner after exploding after being destroyed
Yes i would love to see the bandanna skull added for halo 3, 4, and reach, i think it would add a good reprieve from always running out of ammo with the BR as soon as you pick one up. Love whats happening with it except that i have to purchase halo reach again even though i bought it online, i cant enjoy firefight unless i install the OG reach
Halo CEA:

Flashlight has a much lower range than in the original on OG Xbox.
Idk about any of you but there has been an abundance of frame drops whenever I play match making. I mean it’s very noticeable with just about anyone from West coast, East Us 2 servers, but it’s happening with just about everyone.
I have no lag or frame drops in any other game. Just MCC and it’s pretty annoying to try and play competitively when the other players are just popping around like magicians.
Naded himself has been making it very aware that he has been experiencing the same issues. When will this be resolved?
I have a request---can we get a biological playlist? Every game, every mission in chronological order according lore?

And please make every game have its own 1-50rank rather than each playlist. Its too hard to get playlist specific ranked matches.
MULTIPLAYER FEEDBACK: Currently playing on Xbox One X. Wired internet connection. SEVERE FRAME RATE DROP ON HALO 3. More specifically, when a lot is happening on the screen at once; grenades, multiple players shooting at once, etc. Not all maps apply. Guardian is where I see it the most. Occasionally on other maps as well. I’ve never had this issue before, but have been experiencing it frequently over the course of the last few weeks. I have never posted before in regards to issues, but this problem is driving me CRAZY. Please fix. Thank you, 343.
Please expand private map file storage. 50 is too small. A limit of 50 might be doable for one game's Forge mode, but MCC has 4 Forge modes. The map file sizes are literally in kilobytes.
Halo reach:

A lot of people I know who used to be big time swat players on the original halo reach is getting tired of some of the major changes to halo reach swat on MCC. Halo reach was a lot more enjoyable when you could actually vote on maps..... Getting a constant boardwalk map, sometimes with only magnums, or anchor 9..... If you offer the ability to vote on maps, I know you would get more players on your game. Also, you should have allowed the players to pick the armor they can buy instead of unlocking them in tiers. That was also something that bugged people. I spent all day playing this game on H R Swat and maybe got asylum 1 time, sword base maybe 2 times, zealot 1 time, and powerhouse maybe 3 times..... the rest of the 25 times was either boardwalk, magnums on countdown, anchor 9, and battle canyon..... battle canyon is in my opinion, too small of a map to be playing 4v4 swat.... High noon with magnums? I would rather play boardwalk... point is, please bring back voting. This is a big deterrent to many original swat players. Thanks for your time.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary

• FEEDBACK: Game doesn't automatically pause when a controller disconnects during a solo session in campaign

• ADDITIONAL INFO: Footage
Halo Reach Firefight on MCC has had problems that haven’t been addressed yet as far as I know. I just finished a game of firefight and I need to point out 3 things that really bother me unlike the original game.

-Skirmishers cannot use the Hologram Armor Ability. Not once have I seen it work on MCC

-Elites cannot duel-wield when spawned inside a dropship. (You can see their extra plasma rifle spawn on the ground when reinforcements are called.)

-Heretic Heavy Elites do not work properly. For some reason the grenade launcher elites barely fire their weapon, they just stand there and look at you. This is supposed to be one of the most difficult waves of enemies you can spawn and they are really easy to beat, even on legendary.

Firefight is one of my favorite game modes! Please 343, fix these issues if you can. I just want it to play like the original (which should be expected.)
Halo 3 & Reach BTB:
Hello,
I Was wondering i there are any plans to update and add new maps/Gametypes to MCC,particularly for BTB or even Invasion? Most of these maps have been around since the 360 days...and I figure an update could really add alot to the game and give us something to look forward to and keep us occupied until Halo Infinite is out.Honestly H5 is all but dead especially BTB wise where sometimes you can barely find a match ,especially in standard BTB, I never cared much for fiesta.. Anyway with more people forced to stay home because of the Virus, I feel a forge team assembly and a push for an update would make alot of sense right now to help keep people distracted from the negative stuff and focused on something else constructive! Plus MCC especially BTB is long overdue for new content imo.. I would be willing to contribute in any way that I can to make this happen and I know alot of talented forgers in the community that would love to help contribute as well. Anyway thanks very much for your time and I hope this can at the VERY least open the talks about a map/Gametypes update possibly being put into motion in the near future. I'm very passionate about BTB always have been, I love it and I just think alot more could be done to freshen things up a little in that playlist in particular. I already have some maps and Gametypes of my own ready to be put through a testing gauntlet,some even imported from the legacy Halos that I've recently updated. Thanks again for hearing me out, I hope to hear from my fellow Forge community soon,let's make BTB greater than ever before!
Long post incoming! Here it goes

Can we please get a change to H2 classic ranked? There have been no playlist changes for H2c ranked playlists in over a year, Hardcore dropped last year and was a dead playlist after a few weeks when it was made the only h2 ranked playlist because H2 arena was removed and replaced with hardcore only. Since then we have been asking repeatedly for a new playlists and it’s been a year and nothing. Replace with H2c ranked FFA which has been highly requested, or literally anything else to change it up, it’s been a whole year with no changes for crying out loud. Also H2c still has broken ghost melees which do not connect.

Halo Reach still needs the fire rate fixed only the fuel rod gun and concussion rifle as they still fire 50% slower than in OG rate likely due to the tick rate when Reach was ported over time MCC

Halo Reach BTB maps need to be addressed. The weighting for DLC only maps is WAY too high, I’ve played about 40 games of Reach BTB and I’ve gotten the same few DLC maps about 30 times out of 40, and I still have yet to play a match on hemorrhage.

Lastly, please fix ranked matchmaking. We really need an overhaul of the majority of the playlists they’re very stale. A huge reason why some people won’t play ranked if because your ingame profile only shows your current highest rank, if you get a 50 in a playlist and that playlist is retired the game will not shows your 50, this NEEDS to be changed to show “highest rank ever achieved” on the ingame profile. People get discouraged from playing ranked due to this, why should I grind out a 50 for a month or 2 only to have it disappear from my profile when the playlist is retired? Please, please change this! The other thing is amount of wins it takes for a 50 are currently about 230, and that’s with no losses, it needs to be cut in half, back in OG H3 you could get a 50 in half that. I think this is very reasonable and should be done because of the lower population on the game, not only that but it would keep playlists fresher longer if people knew they wouldn’t have to grind out as many Seriously, all I get is Ridgeline all day. This map is so boring! I want Cragmire and Boneyard both added to BTB Heavies. Those were some of my favorite maps. The rotation is simply -Yoink-. Map voting needs to come back.
DLC maps are amazing, Hemorrhage sucks.
I think the frame rate drops are of the up most importance. but that aside for now. has anyone else noticed when playing higher levels that your ping is higher? just an observation. it's almost like it's rigged to a degree. I'm a 50. I have noticed when playing lower levels my ping is low but higher levels my ping is high. . . why?
I wanted to play halo campaign again on heroic with my friends but the in-game lag is unbearable. Myself as well as many others want this fixed, we beg you!
The map Heretic needs to be removed from SWAT, all versions of the map from all games.
For Halo 1 on MCC Xbox, are you able to implement Gehydrophobia, Ice Fields, Danger Canyon, and Death Island in the rotation for maps? I think I have only been able to play these maps a handful of times since the day the game came out. For some of the Halo PC maps already in the rotation for 4v4 or 8v8 social, the server never seems to pick them, including some original maps like Boarding Action and Chiron TL-34. The map rotation seems to be unbalanced in addition to the missing maps. It would be nice if the players were given the ability to vote for maps again like before.
Can we please get some actual playlist fixes instead of just rotational stuff each week? This is some stuff I think should be addressed:
  • Weighting on DLC maps for Reach and H4 needs to be lowered. It's been an issue on H4 for forever now and it's still a problem on Reach. I don't mind the DLC every once in awhile but everyone remembers the launch maps the most, so the weighting on them should be much heavier then it currently is.
  • Action Sack has amazing potential that I don't think is being fully realized. Currently it just feels like 80% Fiesta, 10% Filler, and 10% actual cool stuff like Hockey and Husky Raid. If we could get more fun Forge creations like that implemented, and have the weighting increased, it could truly be an amazing category. Also, I don't know if the H2C gamemodes for the Yappening event are in Action Sack (if they are I never get them, and I play MCC a lot) but they should definitely be added or weighted higher. The all offer a completely different way of playing H2 and were a ton of fun. I also believe H3 has some maps like Frogger and Lava Pit mixed in but I NEVER see them go on.
  • The gamemode Blast Resort on H2C should be removed or heavily tweaked. Mostly because the game takes forever to end. If the attacking team loses all of their lives (which happens most of the time), it just moves onto the next round. But when that happens every round the game just ends up dragging on forever. It's just simply not a fun mode.
  • The score to win on H2A Gungoose CTF should be lowered to 3. Almost every game I play of it goes to the time limit.
  • More Forge maps for H2A BTB would be amazing. There just isn't enough variety in that category to keep the game interesting.
  • Spawning with Plasma Rifles on H2C Auto-Slayer is the worst. Replace it with SMGs.
  • Would love to see Heavies be implemented on CE, H2C and H2A. All of those games are lacking when it comes to heavy vehicles.
  • Grifball should be a permanent category. It's a staple of Halo and has it's audience. Removing Grifball would be like removing SWAT or Snipers. They're more niche than the standard stuff, but still have a good size following.
  • The standard H4 "Flood" mode is pretty bad. Mostly because of the Thruster Pack the Flood are equipped with. It's far too difficult for the humans. Either remove it or reduce the speed and distance it grants. It's a shame because I actually really like Hivemind on H4, but half the time I know that regular Flood is gonna go on.
  • Reach Living Dead is kind of a mess and doesn't accurately represent how it was on the 360. On the 360 version of Reach the standard versions of maps were mixed in alongside the "Infected" versions. On the Infection versions so many spots on the maps are blocked off or considered out of bounds. I understand this is meant to limit the survivors options to make it more challenging, but I find that it has the opposite effect. It just causes all the survivors to group up in the same 1 or 2 spots because they don't have any other options. Part of the reason Infection was so fun on Reach was because there were so many awesome areas you could jump up to. If you knew how to do the tricks, you deserved to be rewarded with an advantageous position. Heck, even some maps on H3 Infection on MCC have things similar to that. Only having the Infected variants honestly sucks a lot of the fun out of the mode for me (and a lot of others). Also, the maps Anchor 9, Breakneck, and Penance REALLY don't work for Infection. The humans win almost every time on those maps. Meanwhile, Uncaged and Asylum aren't featured in Infection (when they were on the 360 version).
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. ...
  9. 15