Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Feedback (Xbox) - March 2020

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 15
TransIucnt wrote:
Restart the ranked lists in mcc, but without removing the maximum rank you have.

halo reach invasion is more social than rankeada , add H2A.
yes, halo mcc needs this!!

snickerdoodle
Hey haloCE on Console is Crashing and lagging players out that are idle in pregame loading lobby screen or its from player messing around in the dashboard while waiting for a game. if ur not on the screen watching ur page load you lag out. I could be wrong. im just guessing from what I was doing when i lag out. but I lagged out of soo many times today on haloce on Xbox. But I’ve never had this many problems with halo ce on pregame lag out etc. what’s going on with the lag out and u get banned this happens. This need to fixed i’ve been posting about this for a while it’s getting worse, the lag out in pregame lobby
Long post incoming! Here it goes

Can we please get a change to H2 classic ranked? There have been no playlist changes for H2c ranked playlists in over a year, Hardcore dropped last year and was a dead playlist after a few weeks when it was made the only h2 ranked playlist because H2 arena was removed and replaced with hardcore only. Since then we have been asking repeatedly for a new playlists and it’s been a year and nothing. Replace with H2c ranked FFA which has been highly requested, or literally anything else to change it up, it’s been a whole year with no changes for crying out loud. Also H2c still has broken ghost melees which do not connect.

Halo Reach still needs the fire rate fixed only the fuel rod gun and concussion rifle as they still fire 50% slower than in OG rate likely due to the tick rate when Reach was ported over time MCC

Halo Reach BTB maps need to be addressed. The weighting for DLC only maps is WAY too high, I’ve played about 40 games of Reach BTB and I’ve gotten the same few DLC maps about 30 times out of 40, and I still have yet to play a match on hemorrhage.

Lastly, please fix ranked matchmaking. We really need an overhaul of the majority of the playlists they’re very stale. A huge reason why some people won’t play ranked if because your ingame profile only shows your current highest rank, if you get a 50 in a playlist and that playlist is retired the game will not shows your 50, this NEEDS to be changed to show “highest rank ever achieved” on the ingame profile. People get discouraged from playing ranked due to this, why should I grind out a 50 for a month or 2 only to have it disappear from my profile when the playlist is retired? Please, please change this! The other thing is amount of wins it takes for a 50 are currently about 230, and that’s with no losses, it needs to be cut in half, back in OG H3 you could get a 50 in half that. I think this is very reasonable and should be done because of the lower population on the game, not only that but it would keep playlists fresher longer if people knew they wouldn’t have to grind out as many wins.
Agree on everything except for ranked FFA for halo 2. H2 needs a new ranked playlist. Just not ranked FFA we had rumble pit ranked and that died fast. Keep FFA in social and make the playlist ranked double team for halo 2. almost every halo 2 map can be played in double team. Double team was one of the best playlist made for halo 2 it was perfect.
DBS wrote:
Long post incoming! Here it goes

Can we please get a change to H2 classic ranked? There have been no playlist changes for H2c ranked playlists in over a year, Hardcore dropped last year and was a dead playlist after a few weeks when it was made the only h2 ranked playlist because H2 arena was removed and replaced with hardcore only. Since then we have been asking repeatedly for a new playlists and it’s been a year and nothing. Replace with H2c ranked FFA which has been highly requested, or literally anything else to change it up, it’s been a whole year with no changes for crying out loud. Also H2c still has broken ghost melees which do not connect.

Halo Reach still needs the fire rate fixed only the fuel rod gun and concussion rifle as they still fire 50% slower than in OG rate likely due to the tick rate when Reach was ported over time MCC

Halo Reach BTB maps need to be addressed. The weighting for DLC only maps is WAY too high, I’ve played about 40 games of Reach BTB and I’ve gotten the same few DLC maps about 30 times out of 40, and I still have yet to play a match on hemorrhage.

Lastly, please fix ranked matchmaking. We really need an overhaul of the majority of the playlists they’re very stale. A huge reason why some people won’t play ranked if because your ingame profile only shows your current highest rank, if you get a 50 in a playlist and that playlist is retired the game will not shows your 50, this NEEDS to be changed to show “highest rank ever achieved” on the ingame profile. People get discouraged from playing ranked due to this, why should I grind out a 50 for a month or 2 only to have it disappear from my profile when the playlist is retired? Please, please change this! The other thing is amount of wins it takes for a 50 are currently about 230, and that’s with no losses, it needs to be cut in half, back in OG H3 you could get a 50 in half that. I think this is very reasonable and should be done because of the lower population on the game, not only that but it would keep playlists fresher longer if people knew they wouldn’t have to grind out as many wins.
Agree on everything except for ranked FFA for halo 2. H2 needs a new ranked playlist. Just not ranked FFA we had rumble pit ranked and that died fast. Keep FFA in social and make the playlist ranked double team for halo 2. almost every halo 2 map can be played in double team. Double team was one of the best playlist made for halo 2 it was perfect.
people want that! , 343 never takes into account good ideas.
-to put your highest rank on your record.
-restart the ranks of the ranked lists, but leave your rank highe, It's annoying to have a 50 and lose it.

for example someone has a 50 in halo:reach team slayer, they reset the ranks, they keep their 50 , and if they get another 50 idk in Halo 2 anniversary (it's an example) that shows the 50 of h2a, simple
hey Postums tell your friends in 343 that we want the ranking lists reset, without losing the maximum rank we have :)

¡with the season 2 is more than perfect to implement this!

it's not fair to have a 50 and lose it because they reset the ranks, people want that, not a btb with AR
AdIesy wrote:
hey Postums tell your friends in 343 that we want the ranking lists reset, without losing the maximum rank we have :)¡with the season 2 is more than perfect to implement this!

it's not fair to have a 50 and lose it because they reset the ranks, people want that, not a btb with AR
This is a very good idea, 343 will NOT take it into account haha
sooky boy wrote:
Hey, just a suggestion on Halo 3 MCC Ranked playlist searching. Why don't we open the rank range from 1-15 to 1-30? Or even just open it up entirely, so that any rank can play against any rank. If the playlist returns to a healthy population then you could always scale this back. Please. This would be an amazing addition and I'd imagine it would take minimal effort.

MCC HALO GAME: Halo 3
ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Impossible to find ranked matches in any playlist.
REPRO STEPS: Try search any ranked playlist at rank 1 in Halo 3 MCC.
ADDITIONAL INFO: No additional information.
Not a good idea. The whole point of ranked is to match against people who are similarly skilled to you. This allows for more closer and more competitive games, such as games that end 50-45 instead of ones that end 50-30. If you increase the skill search ranges or open it up entirely as you suggested, it just leads to unbalanced games/teams. And at that point “ranked” just becomes social with a number attached to it.
T LI R B 0 wrote:
sooky boy wrote:
Hey, just a suggestion on Halo 3 MCC Ranked playlist searching. Why don't we open the rank range from 1-15 to 1-30? Or even just open it up entirely, so that any rank can play against any rank. If the playlist returns to a healthy population then you could always scale this back. Please. This would be an amazing addition and I'd imagine it would take minimal effort.

MCC HALO GAME: Halo 3
ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Impossible to find ranked matches in any playlist.
REPRO STEPS: Try search any ranked playlist at rank 1 in Halo 3 MCC.
ADDITIONAL INFO: No additional information.
Not a good idea. The whole point of ranked is to match against people who are similarly skilled to you. This allows for more closer and more competitive games, such as games that end 50-45 instead of ones that end 50-30. If you increase the skill search ranges or open it up entirely as you suggested, it just leads to unbalanced games/teams. And at that point “ranked” just becomes social with a number attached to it.
I don't entirely know how to respond to this - because 99.9% of me wants that 50 in MCC but the purist in me knows it's wrong to just extend the ranks out to any V any. I slowly but surely got better at Halo 3. I hit 46 on my first account and went on to eventually get TS, TD, LW and SWAT 50's on some other accounts. But it was a grind to get better! I was never super discouraged, as most games were close. You don't want to ruin that experience for new players, or even your casual player who's a solid 30 but doesn't play enough to get any better.
What about:
RANKS 1-5 can match within 30 ranks of their own
RANKS 5-10 can match within 25 ranks of their own
RANKS 10-50 can match within 15 ranks of their own. (Up to 30 below their current rank, and capped at 15 above) AND any rank over 35 cannot match anyone less than 15 below their own rank.

Or something like that, it'd still open it up and make it possible for the majority of the population to play matches, so long as they weren't above a 35. The higher ranks don't necessarily have to be as open anyway, as your players that would rank higher than 45 will oftentimes be your top 1-3% of your player base anyway.

Alternatively, rather than make any changes - keep it the same but reset the ranks at the start of season II - RETAINING your highest achieved rank, similar to how it was in Halo 3.
Can we get some ranked Swat and or snipers. And some halo2A ranked? Need more selections. Still shouldn't of got rid of halo4 ranked either.
Temporarily banning people for exiting games needs to be stopped immediately, it's completely unacceptable. While you're at it, the bizarre idling feature needs to be adjusted as well, whatever its set to makes it happen way too fast. I have to remind the two people I play with to move their joystick at least every other game so I can put us back into matchmaking.

Did the devs ever play Halo? Do they not remember what people did in objective?

Me and my father + a friend were playing some halo 3 maps last night, had several matches where half our team quit/went afk (saw an instance of a guy spinning around too, no idea what thats about). Since we didn't feel like playing 8vs3, we quit as well. There's a message about taking a reputation hit, big deal - we don't care, it's just a game.

Then for what would be our second to last game of the night, we get a team of 8 in big team battle. We're getting stomped, but no big deal - it happens sometimes. A few of our team quits but they seem to be scoring the bomb, albeit WAY slower than they should, so we decide to stick it out. It's 8 on 4 at this point. Then, when the game is about to be over, one of them grabs the bomb so the game never ends. So the kids can run up their meaningless k/d, I assume. We immediately quit, because -Yoink- that. If they wanted to play slayer they should have picked slayer.

As a result, one of us (no idea who) gets temporarily banned from matchmaking. That's complete -Yoink-, and makes absolutely no sense. You shouldn't have to AFK in a game to reward people who do stuff like this just so you don't get banned. Players should be able to quit out completely with zero problems, there are just too many situations that warrant it. It sucks from the other side too. If I'm playing 8vs8 slayer and 7 people quit out, I don't want to be stuck in a game with 8 vs 1 afk.
Temporarily banning people for exiting games needs to be stopped immediately, it's completely unacceptable. While you're at it, the bizarre idling feature needs to be adjusted as well, whatever its set to makes it happen way too fast. I have to remind the two people I play with to move their joystick at least every other game so I can put us back into matchmaking.

Me and my father + a friend were playing some halo 3 maps last night, had several matches where half our team quit/went afk (saw an instance of a guy spinning around too, no idea what thats about). Since we didn't feel like playing 8vs3, we quit as well. There's a message about taking a reputation hit, big deal - we don't care, it's just a game.

Then for what would be our second to last game of the night, we get a team of 8 in big team battle. We're getting stomped, but no big deal - it happens sometimes. A few of our team quits but they seem to be scoring the bomb, albeit WAY slower than they should, so we decide to stick it out. It's 8 on 4 at this point. Then, when the game is about to be over, one of them grabs the bomb so the game never ends. So the kids can run up their meaningless k/d, I assume. We immediately quit, because -Yoink- that. If they wanted to play slayer they should have picked slayer.

As a result, one of us (no idea who) gets temporarily banned from matchmaking. That's complete -Yoink-, and makes absolutely no sense. You shouldn't have to AFK in a game to reward people who do stuff like this just so you don't get banned. Players should be able to quit out completely with zero problems, there are just too many situations that warrant it. It sucks from the other side too. If I'm playing 8vs8 slayer and 7 people quit out, I don't want to be stuck in a game with 8 vs 1 afk.
You already don't get banned if half of your team quits out.
Giga wrote:

You already don't get banned if half of your team quits out.
I spent the last 30 minutes reading the 'banned' thread. So I'm guessing what happened is we quit a few games (we only play 8vs8 social, and the last four days we've only played objective) where there may have been 5-6 people left on our team of 8, where we were getting spawn killed or the 2-3 people who werent our party of three were afking, driving the numbers down further.

It's still complete nonsense and I stand by everything I said.
Why is ranked mostly TU slayer? i like old slayer. you know... the way its been for 20years.
who is asking for TU slayer? is this something 343 just "felt" like they needed to do this?
Any chance on getting the bumpmapping and shaders/lighting stuff fixed in halo CEA?

These kids are so nerdy it makes me sad. Caring so much abo it k/d in an objective and racking up kills is so annoying lmfao. Who raised those nerds?
  • Misc/Other Feedback
  • MCC HALO GAME: Season 1 Rewards/Firefight voices in customization
  • FEEDBACK: Several of the Firefight voices for Noble team have incorrect Service Numbers for the members of Noble Team. For instance, the game displays Carter S-259, while it should be Carter-A259. The same can be said for Jun, Emile, and Kat. Jorge has S-052 listed, while it should just be Jorge-052.
This feedback may be incorrect, as perhaps S designates "Spartan", however Carter S-259 would still be incorrect.
Game: Halo CE
Mode: Campaign
Issue: There are problems with lighting, shaders, effects, and bumpmapping that came from the pc port of Halo Combat Evolved which was ported by Gearbox. I think after gameplay issues like input delay and the plasma pistol glitch are fixed, works should be put into making the game visually mirror Halo CE on the original Xbox as closely as possible. This would make the single player experience just more immersive. Floors and walls should be textured, the electric shield at the top of the spawn room ceiling on Assault of the Control Room is not fog, fog should fill the creepy 343 Guilty Spark mission, when you shoot Jackal shields, they should change color, etc. I understand this is probably very difficult to solve, and there are other, more important, things to deal with, but it is still something you should plan to solve within the near (1-2 year) future.
Any chance on getting the bumpmapping and shaders/lighting stuff fixed in halo CEA?
I would like to know this as well
MCC HALO GAME: Halo Reach
ISSUE / FEEDBACK: Issues below
ADDITIONAL INFO: Issues below

*PLEASE FIX SPAWNING in REGULAR SLAYER HALO REACH*

In regular slayer 2v2, 4v4, and 8v8 Halo Reach MCC spawning is all over the place. I get that but needs to be isolated to positions near their base like flag and bomb. I am so sick of being shot in the back from staying back at my base because 5 people spawn behind me. The base is there for a reason, to shelter you from opposing fire not allow people to spawn behind you that is why it is a base. I get you are trying to combat spawn killing 343 but please fix this. Spread the spawns more out on your own base.

*EQUAL OUT MAP WEIGHTING in BTB HALO REACH*

All Maps Boneyard,Spire,Ridgeline,Tempest,Hemmorage,Delta Facility, Breakpoint, Highlands, Paradiso, Wayont, etc. should all be the same weighting in all game modes Slayer,Flag,Bomb,Territories,Heavies. Why they are different weights doesn't make any sense? Everything should be the same percentage played instead of one favoring the other

*ADD MORE VEHICLES TO BTB HALO REACH*

Maps like tempest, ridgeline, and highlands need at least a neutral banshee, scorpion, or wraith. Or better yet One tank on each side or one banshee on each side.

Thank you please fix!!!!!!!!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 15