Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Feedback (Xbox) - March 2020

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 15
Fix the frame rate drops that have happened ever since the latest update.

Fix team balancing. Put all bad people in their own games. Good people shouldn’t have to carry every game and still lose over 50%.

Make all power weapons require a 2.0 k/d to pickup if you aren’t going to fix team balancing.
Hey again, peeps. I was playing some online Halo CE MP on MCC this afternoon and I noticed that the zoom sound effects (pistol, sniper, rocket) are silent. I am using the classic audio setting. This only seems to be happening with actual online multiplayer. Zoom sound effects on campaign and custom games seem to be working just fine. Just thought I would bring this to your attention. Thank you.
There are alot of general performance issues that seem to be quite recent. These mostly occur when you play Halo CE and Halo 2 in anniversary mode (those are the games that I have tested so far) and the drops are severe.I don't have any numbers but it feels like it goes down at low 40s or lower at it's worst, this happens in areas that has never had any perfomance issues before.
we should only be talking about frame rate issues. anything else is not as important.
Anyone know how I can get the fire team raven nameplate or the know your roots nameplate?
Thank you for adding the option for the original sounds in MCC's Halo CE, I really appreciate it.

I noticed a few anniversary sounds still left in classic mode for CE though. The plasma grenade in CE campaign still has the anniversary sound for right before it blows up, but the explosion itself is classic. (But in multiplayer the entire plasma nade sound is classic, so that's good.)

The sound for picking up ammo on all guns in CE in both campaign and multiplayer are actually switched. So when classic audio is on, it plays the anniversary sound for picking up ammo, and vice versa.

The sound the pelican makes while dropping you off in the opening cutscene for Assault on The Control Room is still anniversary in classic audio mode.

The flashlight on/off sound in CE campaign is still anniversary in classic audio mode.

And something other than sounds, the camera turning in vehicles (for both driving and the turret) is very slow in CE for both campaign and multiplayer. It's a lot faster in the original. The slowness in MCC's makes driving and using the turret really hard, especially the warthog and banshee. And the warthog turret camera locks up when getting shot at, it can barely turn and makes it impossible to use the turret.
Frame rate drops are definitely a thing in H3. How does this even become an issue?

On a positive note, thanks for displaying the ranks again when searching ranked playlists and when in post game lobbies.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
It would be nice to have a ranked lone wolves playlist, either H3 or Halo Reach. I want to be responsible for my own demise/success. Bad teammates that shouldn't be playing ranked gets old after awhile... especially ones that go 3-20 or quit out at the beginning of the match.
Halo: Combat Evolved feedback:

I’m very happy to see that the UE 3D player character model system with real-time color changes was added to the customization menu for CE Spartans. It looks great, thank you!

I never even realized before that we weren’t using the original game’s audio, as it’s been so many years since I’ve played the original game.

I spent a little while earlier in a custom game switching between classic and remastered audio. Thanks for including the ability to change that from the in-game menu without having to exit and restar the game, it really helps!!
I quickly determined that I actually like the remastered audio way better anyway XD But options are always nice, and like with the graphics-switching mechanic in campaign, it’s cool to see how things have changed.

Thanks for the hard work of everyone at 343 who tries to build a good Halo experience to satisfy a very immature and whiny fanbase. Some of us do appreciate you!
HCEA h2a and h3 all have severe frame rate issues and halo 2 and cea have had them since the reach update this is unacceptable considering that they have all ran at a locked 60 FPS for the psat 4 years
I noticed after the update that aiming seems different on ce. It feels super sluggish when trying to turn. We’re there changes that weren’t listed??
I don't know what you guys did to Halo Combat Evolved, but the sounds are all messed up. Gunfire sounds like it's all muffled and lacks the distinct crack that the game had just 2 days ago. Tried playing last night and tonight and the sound is just horrible. I can't even play it now because the sound just turns me off from playing.
it’s been a year now.... you guys have received plenty of feedback and taking almost all the feedback in from new players or recently new players (from the last 5 years). The menu is different now and I can now see my ranked playlist rank while I search and in the lobby which is actually awesome! That feels like halo! I know you guys are working on the social games browser and that’s cool too! But for the love of god, please stop neglecting feedback from the players that have been here for 15+ years!! I’ve been playing this game since day 1 and I have been there when the game has peaked and when it was amazing and completely addicting! Ranked playlists was one of the BIGGEST reasons the games replayability was so immense!!! Do y’all remember halo 2 and 3 days at all???? The ranked playlists in this game are GOD AWFUL! Still after a year!!!! Still 2 doubles halo 3 playlists!!! Really?? You replaced regular halo ce with hardcore ce! Seriously... who asked for that? Oh yea... no one... what has been asked and what’s actually needed??? Every game with its own ranked playlist for sure! Still no ranked halo 4 and that’s not good. Bring back cross play playlist! Doubles is the playlist for this and so is hardcore. Every game should have its own regular gameplay ranked playlist so casuals can enjoy ranked with their favorite game or all games and at the later ranks, it’ll remain to get sweaty. Simple formula! Ranked FFA needs to come back asap. Cross play preferably between the best halos but still! Ranked is dead and as a halo OG and someone extremely dedicated to this game!, We’re talking number 1 in all achievements earned across all halos according to trueachievements dedicated!, Competition experienced dedicated!, It upsets me badly to see my favorite game and MCC which can literally be the best out of all halo games ever just be completely rankly dead!! No one cares! Some people’s favorites game aren’t even ranked like H4 and H2A so there’s goes those 1000s of players. Terrible ranked playlists selection so there goes way more. There’s awesome advances in this game yes, but please fix some of the biggest “in your face” issues!
PC variant of Reach cannot find and maintain a game connection at all.
AdIesy wrote:
hey Postums tell your friends in 343 that we want the ranking lists reset, without losing the maximum rank we have :)¡with the season 2 is more than perfect to implement this!

it's not fair to have a 50 and lose it because they reset the ranks, people want that, not a btb with AR
We need to reset the ranks like bungie did back in the day. Bungie reset the ranks on halo 2 2-3 times. In the long run it helps bring back players to give them a reason to play halo again. Ranks have been one of the main key points at making halo last a long time on Xbox live. A rest is not going to hurt the game it’s been done in the past and on mcc and ur able to actually find a game in a playlist that u might not be able to. But if ur going to do a full reset on the ranks PLEASE let the PEOPLE know before that happens like bungie did.
QtoCool wrote:
HCEA h2a and h3 all have severe frame rate issues and halo 2 and cea have had them since the reach update this is unacceptable considering that they have all ran at a locked 60 FPS for the psat 4 years
If you and I and everyone else who played their first game after the update noticed this, how the hell did 343 not notice this? Simple, they never bothered to test it before release, there is no other explanation other than they did notice it and released it anyway which would speak volumes about how they view their customers.

In either case, it is inexcusable behaviour. 343 better patch this ASAP.
never had an issue with framerate untill this update. Xbox one x at 4k hdr. still the same if I lower the resolution. why is nobody talking about this more? i play on a monitor. wired connection, 100 down 100 up 7 ping. only halo do I have framerate issues.
Ranked lists need to be restarted, WITHOUT LOSING YOUR "CURRENT HIGHEST RANK" in your player details.If someone has a 50, with the reset don't lose it, it's not fair, if you get another 50 that appears in your player details
Please someone need to fix rank match, I literally can't find a single game of halo reach competitive for a week now, but I find games on social
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 15