Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

MCC Feedback (Xbox) - Sept & Oct 2020

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 11
  4. 12
  5. 13
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. ...
  9. 17
Stromyy wrote:
  • PLATFORM: Xbox One X
  • MCC HALO GAME: All
  • FEEDBACK: Every other day my game will freeze randomly, then make a buzzing sound, followed by my Xbox hard resetting itself. It has done it three times in the past week. It also happened to my friend on his Xbox One X.
Came here to make this same post. Was playing BTB with a full party and 2 people on my team had their games freeze and kick them out of MCC. Later on, I was blessed with this myself and it completely crashed my Xbox, forcing a hard reset. This has been happening for a while now.
I'd like to play a game that isn't a stuttering mess. I wouldn't be here if it was already like this from launch.
It's sad that this is still a thing for some players.
FINALLY !!! They fixed the stats and achievements progression ! Can rack up kills and wins again. Thats all i wanted. THANKS !
Please add a "Legendary Master Chief Saga" playlist that doesn't have every skull activated. This is a great idea to have a playlist that takes you through all the games - it would be awesome to be able to do it at other difficulties than Normal and LASO.

Allowing the player to select the difficulty of the playlists would also make them far more enticing to play through. I love that there are so many cleverly curated playlists that take you through all the games...just let us choose the difficulty to give us the appropriate challenge!
Please fix campaign performance issues on one X. I literally bought the console just to replay halo in 4K and the tearing and frame drops esp in anniversary modes are a joke! Reading up it’s been likes this for almost a year :(
ScarthyUK wrote:
Please fix campaign performance issues on one X. I literally bought the console just to replay halo in 4K and the tearing and frame drops esp in anniversary modes are a joke! Reading up it’s been likes this for almost a year :(
Exactly,the situation is unacceptable.
Please fix the horrible frame issues in the Anniversary editions. It wasn't always like this on Xbox. Even on PC, the FPS is just really really bad and it wasn't like this before.

When H2A has a listed bug as "frame rate drops to 45" when looking at a fan then there's a massive problem going on.
I cant play halo 1’s campaign because there is no audio during cut scenes or gameplay. Am I the only one that is experiencing this issue?
Game: Halo: Reach

Feedback: Halo: Reach, while receiving a massive budget increase in Season 3, was not fully optimised to handle said budget, many maps are unable to breach past the $20,000 budget line due to the game being unable to spawn enough objects, yet modders who have disabled the budget have never faced problems and the maps have been able to function.

the extended budget is a blessing but it cannot be pushed to its full potential until Reach is optimised to handle the new budget. So to put it simply, you’ve given us the cake, please let us eat it.
Please fix the horrible frame issues in the Anniversary editions. It wasn't always like this on Xbox. Even on PC, the FPS is just really really bad and it wasn't like this before.

When H2A has a listed bug as "frame rate drops to 45" when looking at a fan then there's a massive problem going on.
It drops to 37 FPS in some parts as well, and this is on Xbox One X.....digital foundry showed it on Delta Halo
Fix the matchmaking rank matching algorithm - For one, it should not be possible for a player searching alone to be matched in many games in a row where the other team has a higher average and sum of rank. The fact that someone would have to go super positive every game, offsetting all teammates going negative to avoid dropping almost 10 ranks from their would drain the soul of any human being. It certainly does mine. One possible contributor to the extremes seen here is that it might be using "lifetime highest rank" (which is an inaccurate description because really, it's the season highest rank) when trying to balance matches. This ends up causing quick descents but would still would not explain the frequency at which this can happen as it is often noticed that total lifetime highest ranks are very imbalanced.

Consider map / spawn flaws in team placement - For Team Slayer, there are maps where spawn delays clearly advantage one team. I.e. I'll go into theater and see that one team's players spawn a full 5 seconds before the other team on a map where it's a race at the start to control power weapons. This is ridiculous and unfair. If you can't fix it to sync all players to start to as close to the same moment as possible at least record the metrics and try to offset them so it can't be possible for a player to be on the short end of the stick in these situations frequently.
Worse, there are maps where there is a clear spawn side advantage (e.g. Guardian overshield / snipe side, blackout BR tower side, ghost town rockets / overshield side). You should not allow a player to spawn on the disadvantaged side more often than not or many games in a row. Alternatively, only put symmetrical maps in the playlist and fix the spawn delay disadvantage problem.
Game: Halo 3
Map/Mode: Recon SWAT

Feedback: Please allocate Recon SWAT to a Recon Gametype selection or remove it entirely. It is awful and ruining our gaming experience.

It drops to 37 FPS in some parts as well, and this is on Xbox One X.....digital foundry showed it on Delta Halo
It can actually drop to 30 or even below sometimes. The drop to 45 while looking at a specific fan in one level is the only framerate issue they've listed as a known issue.
Hey 343i - are you going to list and prioritize this at all? You keep asking me in my tickets for the issue if it's been resolved after every update as if you hope it's automatically going to go away without even looking at/working on it. And no - the latest update from four days ago of course did nothing.
DJAB21 wrote:
I cant play halo 1’s campaign because there is no audio during cut scenes or gameplay. Am I the only one that is experiencing this issue?
No you are not. Only difference between you and me is that I'm experiencing the same issue on Halo 2.
Game: Halo 3
Multiplayer Feedback:
Dipped into the matchmade 12 player FFA infection games for the nameplate this week, and jesus these maps & game types are pathetically bad. That assembly map? Come on, no one has ever played that in a custom. To be more serious, infection game types with zombies given regular shields feels tedious, and quarter shields should be a quarter at the most. The maps are also painfully lame. Several are just the regular map variant with a few turrets and barricades hastily thrown in, such as Growth Spurt (isolation) and Dismemberment (Assembly). I realize it's a fun goof-around playlist, but there isn't much fun to be had here on the current maps. We had more fun maps in '08, with a forge half as good. My suggestions, which you can find on RUSTYNA1LZ and rustyfiles2's file shares, are: Monster trucks, Jenga wall, any duck hunt or halo on halo variants, trash man, etc. These are the classics. I don't mean to complain, but the maps currently in the playlist are just disappointingly bad it does a disservice to a game mode that garnished so much fun and love back in the day. TLDR; This ain't it, chief
Xbox One X just commited suicide during a Halo 3 ranked match. Hopefully it's just a one time deal, but did anyone else experience this before? The game freezes, but you still hear sounds, then the Xbox shuts down entirely. Weird.
This happens to me but only on CE.
NumeroIvy wrote:
Game: Halo 3Multiplayer Feedback:Dipped into the matchmade 12 player FFA infection games for the nameplate this week, and jesus these maps & game types are pathetically bad. That assembly map? Come on, no one has ever played that in a custom. To be more serious, infection game types with zombies given regular shields feels tedious, and quarter shields should be a quarter at the most. The maps are also painfully lame. Several are just the regular map variant with a few turrets and barricades hastily thrown in, such as Growth Spurt (isolation) and Dismemberment (Assembly). I realize it's a fun goof-around playlist, but there isn't much fun to be had here on the current maps. We had more fun maps in '08, with a forge half as good. My suggestions, which you can find on RUSTYNA1LZ and rustyfiles2's file shares, are: Monster trucks, Jenga wall, any duck hunt or halo on halo variants, trash man, etc. These are the classics. I don't mean to complain, but the maps currently in the playlist are just disappointingly bad it does a disservice to a game mode that garnished so much fun and love back in the day. TLDR; This ain't it, chief
While I agree that Infection has some issues, and certain gamemodes are unique to say the least, I don't think the main issue is lack of interesting maps. In my experience, the worst issues are the blatant and rampant jump/glitch spots which allow players to abuse the infection gamemode premise and routinely ruin games with imbalanced spots. This as well as infection quitters/leavers are currently plaguing (no pun intended) one of Halo's most fun modes. There are also a few maps that could be better balanced for infection (making it more fair for zombies) imo, but I wouldn't describe those as not interesting enough, simply poorly balanced (i.e. Breakout, Spillway, and Sinkhole in H2A).

Infection on MCC has a large variety of maps on offer for all the games, and H3 especially has many of its original unique maps like Haunted Manor and Spooky House, among many others. I think what you're likely encountering here is just an unlucky roll of the dice; without map voting, one can end up getting the same maps and modes repeatedly, or not get any of their favorite maps. Infection happens to be one such playlist where I think the return of map voting could be beneficial.

Gamemode wise, I'm assuming you played H2A, H3, or H4 infection judging by your mentioning of shields in those games, and although it can feel a little foreign at first, that's just part of those games' infection modes. With the exception of "save one bullet" in H3, I think most modes with higher shields are pretty well balanced (excluding maps and player ability), but even in save one bullet, it can work pretty well on certain maps, and having a gamemode favor zombies when many others in H3 (and infection generally) do not is a nice change imo. Even so, H2A and H3 still have several modes where zombies are as normal with low shields.

Overall, some maps could certainly use rebalancing and a greater amount of forge objects/obstacles to obstruct lines of sight and better balance map flow for infection, and of course, more infection maps and fan-favorite gamemodes would be awesome, but I think 343i should focus primarily on implementing the customs browser (which would likely bring back a lot of the modes and maps you mentioned), and fixing/balancing the infection maps currently on offer with better kill boundaries, changes to H3 infection suicide rules, etc. (I'll likely make a post in the future better detailing all of the problems with Infection on MCC).
NumeroIvy wrote:
Game: Halo 3Multiplayer Feedback:Dipped into the matchmade 12 player FFA infection games for the nameplate this week, and jesus these maps & game types are pathetically bad. That assembly map? Come on, no one has ever played that in a custom. To be more serious, infection game types with zombies given regular shields feels tedious, and quarter shields should be a quarter at the most. The maps are also painfully lame. Several are just the regular map variant with a few turrets and barricades hastily thrown in, such as Growth Spurt (isolation) and Dismemberment (Assembly). I realize it's a fun goof-around playlist, but there isn't much fun to be had here on the current maps. We had more fun maps in '08, with a forge half as good. My suggestions, which you can find on RUSTYNA1LZ and rustyfiles2's file shares, are: Monster trucks, Jenga wall, any duck hunt or halo on halo variants, trash man, etc. These are the classics. I don't mean to complain, but the maps currently in the playlist are just disappointingly bad it does a disservice to a game mode that garnished so much fun and love back in the day. TLDR; This ain't it, chief
They really need to. That infection is actually fun to play and can have so much fun.
Ok, I want a serious answer now. Moderators and programmers are saying that multiplayer isn't scripted. So I have a question: I was playing in btb heavies. Once, an opponent on the scorpion "shot me" and it hit a rock behind me and I got killed. And I was away 10 meters from the rock. The second time: a warthog gauss shot me but it hit the a tree that was really far away from me. I got killed anyway. The third one: I was lasering a warthog gauss, the opponent was TOTALLY aiming on another spot, he wasn't aiming at me because I was on his back. He shot in front of himself and I got killed anyway. And, as I said, I was behind him. So answer my question now: HOW IT ALL IS POSSIBLE? ARE YOU SERIOUS?

PS: I VE ALWAYS A REALLY LOW PING
HOW IT ALL IS POSSIBLE? ARE YOU SERIOUS?
Sounds like a connection issue. If you have high ping to a server, then odd things can happen like what you described for example.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 11
  4. 12
  5. 13
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. ...
  9. 17