Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

MCC Feedback (Xbox) - Sept & Oct 2020

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 17
MCC Feedback: Multiplayer
MCC Halo Game: Halo 3: ODST (Firefight)

The addition of another Firefight Matchmaking mode in which you can complete the Endure Seasonal Challenge would be very welcome. Either make the mode time limit the same as the challenge or have it be unlimited like original Firefight in the 360 title.
Add the exclusive halo online maps to MCC

- Icebox
- Edge
- Diamondback
- Reactor

I don't know how possible it is to add these new maps in, but with the way we are able to customize our spartans on halo CE and halo 3 it gives me some hope that we could see these added to halo 3 or even Reach at some point
This is a really good idea, and something that I hadn't really thought of.

I've really wanted more H2 maps remastered for H2A multiplayer like Gemini, Turf, Ivory Tower, etc. (and armor!). But you bring up a really good idea...what if 343i could bring more maps into different Halos? H2 maps in 3 and Reach would be great, and I'd be interested in general just to have more maps in different games. Whether they're forge or dev made doesn't matter to me, but I'm not sure if they could really get the Halo Online maps (that aren't remakes) on MCC, though it would be cool.

Overall, I think more maps and gamemodes applied to more Halos would be very good for the MCC, personally I would love if 343i could find a way for Husky Raid from H4 to work in H3, Reach, and H2A.
Not that it's really a problem, but I've noticed that all of the unlocks I've already unlocked are showing as new, customizations and player ids. I've seen this twice, once when I first logged in with this new patch, and again logging in just now. I still have all of my unlocks available and I don't need to recustomize my characters, but it's a lengthy process to clear it all, especially with all of the helmets and their various variants on Reach. I don't know how it happens, but if that could be fixed, that'd be great.
EDIT: I have confirmed that this happens when the game reloads
Also, when I have new unlocks for customization (whether it be something I just unlocked or the above mentioned issue), when it pulls up the menu to select specific games, could it have that "new" icon next to the games i have new items for? It'd make it easier to tell exactly where the new stuff is without having to go through game by game to clear it.
Noticed this since the last update, but on PC Anti-Cheat thinks that my RGBFusion 2.0 software (from Gigabyte) is suspicious and cancels the MCC boot up whenever I have it running in the background. Please help. Image: https://ibb.co/rytDbSx
MCC Feedback: Firefight (Match Composer System)
MCC Halo Game: Halo 3: ODST and Halo Reach

One thing I would really like to see added to the Firefight Matchmaking now is the ability to choose the difficulty along with the gametype you would want to play that is listed currently. If the Match Composer system could be brought over from PvP into the Firefight menu, this could solve alot of the problem with only playing just playlists (as was a problem in the past with PvP Social) as your just limited to what is listed there. Giving a Match Composer System would help make the mode more open for people to play what game and difficulty they want to play on the two games now offered in the MCC.

MCC Halo Game: Halo 4 Spartan Ops Matchmaking

I really want to see Spartan Ops with Matchmaking get a return to the collection as right now the mode is pretty much dead on the MCC currently. You guys did include the content but no matchmaking was implemented. Halo 4 on the Xbox 360 had this feature for matchmaking for Spartan Ops but the popularity died because most people stopped playing just Halo 4 in General. Now with the MCC and other Halo games in the collection and that two Halo games have Firefight Matchmaking now, there could be a big potential to revitalize this mode once again. Halo 4 Spartan Ops on the Xbox 360 originally was the replacement over the regular Hold out defense Firefight from Halo 3: ODST and Reach to be in a more mission style based mode with a Campaign style of gameplay with a story but playing random missions in matchmaking more would totally work in Firefight still anyways with Matchmaking now to be included (and there are certainly missions in the Spartan Ops that have some Hold Out Sections) for 4 player Coop. You can play Spartan Ops from the beginning like a story if you want as all the content is in the collection right now on Xbox One in the MCC but the problem is searching for player that want to casually play Spartan Ops to be invited which is few and far between if you even have friends who would want to play.
Game: Halo 3

Feedback: The melees are inconsistent for some reason, worse than I've ever experienced before. Lunges that don't connect or even send the enemy flying instead of doing damage.

Additional info: Just an example of many;

https://xboxclips.co/lightning/5f8f9234-8382-41af-babf-6571ddeb2400
TCBSAMURAI wrote:
MCC Feedback: Multiplayer MCC Halo Game: Halo 3 (Recon Slayer)Feedback:Has anyone else noticed that in recon slayer if you try to use equipment, there's no animation of your character throwing/deploying it like usual? It just appears in front of your character. It's a small thing, but because you can't see your arm throwing down the equipment, it can make you think the feature isn't working properly, that you need to tap the button more because the input didn't go through. Not sure how easy or difficult this would be to fix, but just a small thing I noticed that I wanted to notify 343i of and see how many others have seen the same thing (so far the only data points I have are my friend and I).
this has been noted as a known issue. It is because of the automag being kinda wonky, and they dont have bungie's files.
I just got this game and it's a good game I haven't had any problems with it
Noticed this since the last update, but on PC Anti-Cheat thinks that my RGBFusion 2.0 software (from Gigabyte) is suspicious and cancels the MCC boot up whenever I have it running in the background. Please help. Image: https://ibb.co/rytDbSx
You will get better help posting this here

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/f3681fbc78fa43878c4aec9a63a46224/topics/mcc-feedback-pc---sept-oct-2020/3982a8bf-2168-422b-8cec-444212079c87/posts?page=5

That's the one for pc users
MCC Feedback: Firefight (Match Composer System)MCC Halo Game: Halo 3: ODST and Halo ReachOne thing I would really like to see added to the Firefight Matchmaking now is the ability to choose the difficulty along with the gametype you would want to play that is listed currently. If the Match Composer system could be brought over from PvP into the Firefight menu, this could solve alot of the problem with only playing just playlists (as was a problem in the past with PvP Social) as your just limited to what is listed there. Giving a Match Composer System would help make the mode more open for people to play what game and difficulty they want to play on the two games now offered in the MCC.

MCC Halo Game: Halo 4 Spartan Ops MatchmakingI really want to see Spartan Ops with Matchmaking get a return to the collection as right now the mode is pretty much dead on the MCC currently. You guys did include the content but no matchmaking was implemented. Halo 4 on the Xbox 360 had this feature for matchmaking for Spartan Ops but the popularity died because most people stopped playing just Halo 4 in General. Now with the MCC and other Halo games in the collection and that two Halo games have Firefight Matchmaking now, there could be a big potential to revitalize this mode once again. Halo 4 Spartan Ops on the Xbox 360 originally was the replacement over the regular Hold out defense Firefight from Halo 3: ODST and Reach to be in a more mission style based mode with a Campaign style of gameplay with a story but playing random missions in matchmaking more would totally work in Firefight still anyways with Matchmaking now to be included (and there are certainly missions in the Spartan Ops that have some Hold Out Sections) for 4 player Coop. You can play Spartan Ops from the beginning like a story if you want as all the content is in the collection right now on Xbox One in the MCC but the problem is searching for player that want to casually play Spartan Ops to be invited which is few and far between if you even have friends who would want to play.
Lots of good ideas here. I agree that Spartan Ops should have Matchmaking, it would add a nice level of diversity to the firefight modes and shine light on a great gamemode that is really slept on. Hopefully with the Halo 4 update we can see this idea become a reality!
Halo 2 issues: ghost not doing the blow up animation, elite shield projectors and blue lights are missing in the MP models, emblems don’t appear on your character. Blur cutscenes completely cut out to gameplay for some unknown reason in H2A campaign.

Halo 3: ODST: Firefight combat character dialogue isn’t heard of at all in matchmaking but completely fine in custom firefight. All white characters have black hands texture for both first person and third person view models. Camo is replaced with a black texture on both the wrist gauntlets and the pants.

These are minor issues but I hope they get resolved soon.
MrESWhite wrote:
  • PLATFORM: Xbox One X
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo CE Anniversary campaign, Halo 2 Anniversary campaign
  • FEEDBACK: while running on anniversary graphics, the performance is very unstable. The framerate drops significantly in busy areas. The variable nature of the performance makes it a very unpleasant experience. Before the 2019 Reach update this didn't occur.
This still happens post ODST update.
It has been happening since 9 months ago from THE REACH UPDATE. Halo 4, Halo 2 Anniversary, and Halo CE anniversary all have major framerate drops that 343 cannot just excuse. I have talked to many small YouTube channels now...seems they all agree MCC is broken in terms of these campaigns, but it is not getting the right attention. It is not some 'hallucination".
Why is armor lock so bad on MCC? It’s nearly impossible to emp an opponent then melee. Also, similar to posts below. Please look into Halo CE. The Hit boxes are off and it feels like every session so laggy. At one time, HALO was the standard for FPS multiplayer games on the XBOX. It was amazing unique / extremely competitive/ and most importantly fun.
MrESWhite wrote:
343I still hasn't fixed the win/loss bug. All games have terrible frame rate stuttering and is barely playable at times. Come on, 343, fix this -Yoink-.
The only games I've had FPS issues with on my One X is 2A SP and CEA SP. Everything else runs at a pretty solid 60.
Exactly. There is no reason for these anniversary games to be running so poorly on my Xbox one X still, which they did not before. 343 managed to cause this performance issue when Halo Reach came, still no fix and other updates with nothing....
MrESWhite wrote:
  • FEEDBACK: while running on anniversary graphics, the performance is very unstable. The framerate drops significantly in busy areas. The variable nature of the performance makes it a very unpleasant experience. Before the 2019 Reach update this didn't occur.
This still happens post ODST update.
It has been happening since 9 months ago from THE REACH UPDATE. Halo 4, Halo 2 Anniversary, and Halo CE anniversary all have major framerate drops that 343 cannot just excuse. I have talked to many small YouTube channels now...seems they all agree MCC is broken in terms of these campaigns, but it is not getting the right attention. It is not some 'hallucination".
THIS! Been reporting this on the forums, via tickets and even via the ms store since Reach came to MCC. They listed it as something they were looking into after several months of reports, but obviously they dropped it immediately. Probably in favour of the pc releases. All for the games making it to pc, but the original platform on which most Halo fans are playing should not have to settle with performance regressions. Before Reach it ran great on one x at 4k. 9 months without any option to downgrade the game version in order to enjoy the campaign. Tried H2A just now and it's still just as awful as it's been during this time.

Edit:
Please - whatever you did in the the Reach update that could impact performance this much - revert or fix it. Was is the Unreal engine based menus? Eating too much memory bandwidth?
MrESWhite wrote:
THIS! Been reporting this on the forums, via tickets and even via the ms store since Reach came to MCC. They listed it as something they were looking into after several months of reports, but obviously they dropped it immediately. Probably in favour of the pc releases. All for the games making it to pc, but the original platform on which most Halo fans are playing should not have to settle with performance regressions. Before Reach it ran great on one x at 4k. 9 months without any option to downgrade the game version in order to enjoy the campaign. Tried H2A just now and it's still just as awful as it's been during this time.

Edit:
Please - whatever you did in the the Reach update that could impact performance this much - revert or fix it. Was is the Unreal engine based menus? Eating too much memory bandwidth?
I remember hearing that the menu changed to unreal, and adding Reach and ITS SKINS/COSTUMIZATION PROGRESSION SYSTEMS caused the problems we see in the campaigns now somehow.
343 "had to take apart the MCC, then put it back together" in order to get it working well on the Original Xbox one especially......seems they failed to do this, and continue to add things that only seem to cover up the problem. ODST firefight is an okay addition....but how about first addressing the core elements of your game first? Instead of running to other things that distract people. I am not talking about porting the base campaign to PC, I am talking about all these additions you like to put along with it that does nothing to fix the actual PERFORMACNE of the game on Xbox. Again....the 'most powerful system (XB1X)' should not have these troubles.

I keep saying this but once Halo 4 is added to PC, they must go back to Xbox One/Xbox one X and get this fixed once and for all. It is the only thing I ask. I dont need anything else...just the stable 60fps gameplay I had a year ago across all MCC campaigns. That is what I paid for after all..
MrESWhite wrote:

Edit:
I remember hearing that the menu changed to unreal, and adding Reach and ITS SKINS/COSTUMIZATION PROGRESSION SYSTEMS caused the problems we see in the campaigns now somehow.
343 "had to take apart the MCC, then put it back together" in order to get it working well on the Original Xbox one especially......seems they failed to do this, and continue to add things that only seem to cover up the problem. ODST firefight is an okay addition....but how about first addressing the core elements of your game first? Instead of running to other things that distract people. I am not talking about porting the base campaign to PC, I am talking about all these additions you like to put along with it that does nothing to fix the actual PERFORMACNE of the game on Xbox. Again....the 'most powerful system (XB1X)' should not have these troubles.

I keep saying this but once Halo 4 is added to PC, they must go back to Xbox One/Xbox one X and get this fixed once and for all. It is the only thing I ask. I dont need anything else...just the stable 60fps gameplay I had a year ago across all MCC campaigns. That is what I paid for after all..
Exactly, performance needs to be fixed on console. There should be no excuses for leaving it in this mess for 9 months now.
Halo 2 Classic desperately needs a patch for hit detection, especially when melee comes into play. Also affects weapons like the Sword. It's specially noticeable when lunging at enemies from behind to kill them with stealth, in addition to when performing jumping beatdowns. On the other hand, guns like the Magnum pistol, which rely on headshots to be somewhat useful, have their effectiveness cut in half due to the inconsistent spread patters and hit detection (even though the dot that confirms the bullet will hit the head of the enemy, it usually fails). This issue can be related to framerate being set to unlimited, which if ends up to be the case, then the same patch the CE Magnum got for random spread should be applied to the H2C Magnum.

It's actually frustrating seeing such a multiplayer experience in this state, please update it as soon as possible or the fact there's not even a Season of unlockables prepared for Halo 2 Classic (nor even Anniversary) will definitely make the playlists for that title empty, which would be a shame. This is a collection of games and all deserve a quality treatment, not just the most popular ones.
For us that don't care about multiplayer; Let us downgrade the game to the latest version prior to when Reach was added so we can play the campaigns with the previously great performance on One X. It's so damn unstable that I wish you could cap it to 30fps in it's current state. Awful. How many tickets do you need in order to acknowledge and take this seriously?
For us that don't care about multiplayer; Let us downgrade the game to the latest version prior to when Reach was added so we can play the campaigns with the previously great performance on One X. It's so damn unstable that I wish you could cap it to 30fps in it's current state. Awful. How many tickets do you need in order to acknowledge and take this seriously?
Exactly,like they totally ignore all the tickets and answers here on forums. Performance on console should be their top priority, instead the focus on useless cosmetics and UI changes. Fix it for god's sake.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 17