Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

MCC Feedback (Xbox) Nov & Dec 2020

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
Welcome to the dedicated feedback thread for MCC on Xbox.
  • Campaign Feedback
  • Multiplayer Feedback
  • Firefight Feedback
  • Misc/Other Feedback
The purpose of this thread is to gather suggestions or general feedback related to MCC on Xbox. When posting, please include as much detail as possible to include:
  • MCC HALO GAME: please specify which game within MCC you're providing feedback for
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: If you have a screenshot, game clip, or other supporting material, please provide the link in your post.
For all technical issues, please make sure to head on over to Halo Support site and find out if it is a known issue. If not, please submit a ticket
The FOV slider was DOPE in the last flight. In an update on the flight, I read they took it out for technical reasons but didn't see much after. Once these issues are handled, I'd love to see that feature added. I've never played a game with a FOV slider, and increasing it made me feel so much more aware of my surroundings. Also I'm sure this is just a coincidence, but my aim felt much smoother with the increased FOV, too.
MCC Halo Game: Halo Reach

My request is if it would be possible to tone down the AI a little on the space battle in Long Night of Solace. On Legendary difficulty, wave 3 is undoable. The Seraphs absolutely tear you apart and there's nothing you can do besides hiding behind Anchor 9 or somewhere and then either wait for the friendly AI to eventually take them out or single one of them out if it happens to fly by. Reach on the 360 did not have this problem, and I know this is tied to the increased framerate on the MCC, but still, I think this particular battle shouldn't be this ridiculous as it currently is on MCC.
Please prioritize making the MCC version of Halo 1 achieve parity with the original Xbox version of Halo 1/legacy version of Halo 1 by fixing legitimate issues/bugs that are plaguing the game. Please make the MCC version of Halo 1 the definitive version of Halo 1 by prioritizing fixing all of the disparities and inconsistencies between the MCC version of Halo 1 and the original Xbox version of Halo 1/legacy version of Halo 1.
Where is Keyboard Mouse support? Where is the option to center my crosshair? Where is the FOV slider?

I'm checking the update currently at 3:00am (CST), and just rummaging through the settings looking for the settings I have been waiting for since Halo MCC's launch that was promised this update. At the moment I am assuming this will be under a hotfix at 10am (PT) and hopefully will be a misunderstanding on my part and I apologize if this is the case.

I am playing Halo: Master Chief Collection on the Xbox One.
Lava5574 wrote:
Where is Keyboard Mouse support? Where is the option to center my crosshair? Where is the FOV slider?

I'm checking the update currently at 3:00am (CST), and just rummaging through the settings looking for the settings I have been waiting for since Halo MCC's launch that was promised this update. At the moment I am assuming this will be under a hotfix at 10am (PT) and hopefully will be a misunderstanding on my part and I apologize if this is the case.

I am playing Halo: Master Chief Collection on the Xbox One.
keyboard and mouse support is not here .neither is centered crosshair. The fov slider is here for series s and x. the xbox one has performance issues with it so later
Did anyone else completely lose audio? I booted up my game and found that I CAN'T hear. I messed with my TV, Xbox audio, etc. Still nothing. By now this makes the MCC practically unplayable.
Is Keyboard and Mouse support coming for consoles? With cross play, no way any console players stand a chance with a controller. And not selecting cross play results in super long wait times in matchmaking.

Update: ok, so no keyboard and mouse support yet. but coming.....good. Cause you are done with a controller now.
Advertising this Series X patch as 120fps and the FoV slider really makes you think that the game would support 120fps AND the FoV slider. The way that it is implemented (being tied to the Xbox output and not an in game setting) makes it very inconvenient for playing other games at 120fps, which is one of the major selling points of the system. This setting needs to be added ASAP, and the fact that it wasn't out of the gate is crazy talk.
I made it to rank 20 even though I lost it and didn’t unlock the skin on recon slayer.
The controller/mnk icons in the "finding players" menu are very useful, but situation is incomplete:

- Right now the icons of controller/mnk only appear in the "players found" menu, where you can't see the opponents' gamertags, but only a generic "player found". Then when the lobby is complete and it switches to the map loading screens with all the GTs, icons disappear. It would be nice to know precisely who is using mnk and controller in order to start the game and knowing how to approach opponents since playstyles vary between controller and mnk.
- We also need another icon to let people know who is playing from xbox and who is playing from pc. It would be best to differentiate also between Xbox One and Xbox Series. Since console players now have a clear disadvantage due to input lag reduced on pc and fov sliders still not fully available on consoles, we need to inform opponents and teammates on which platform we're gaming. It is just another icon to add. Maybe reduce the size of the controller and mnk icons since they're so big to then add the platform icon just next to it.
- It would be also ideal to display the resolution we're using. Both pcs and consoles do not all run @ 120 fps, and those playing on lower resolutions have a clear disadvantage. It would be best to also highlight this difference in the pre-game lobbies.
Please fix frame rate issues on Xbox one X on anniversary campaigns, H4... 12 months so far :(
Matt71 wrote:
Is Keyboard and Mouse support coming for consoles? With cross play, no way any console players stand a chance with a controller. And not selecting cross play results in super long wait times in matchmaking.

Update: ok, so no keyboard and mouse support yet. but coming.....good. Cause you are done with a controller now.
Yes let's please get keyboard and mouse support on xbox series x asap . Booted up the game and dissapointed it was not part of this huge patch that included cross play.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo: MCC menu
    - I have found some illness is the customization menu, when you move the (R) stick up, the spartan is one who moves (inclines as MCC Insider), not the camera
    - The load time is SO LONG in. Season menu, customization menu, and campaign select menu; please optimize it
    - On Video Settings, we have an option called "Game Select" it does not inform us what is it or what it does
    - Some text is over other text lines in the matchmaking menu
    - The Keyboard and controller icon don't have a great quality
    - Currently, we can't see the progress in the rank of other people only own stats, this in the profile menu

• ADDITIONAL INFO: I don't have it :( but THX for your attention... BYE ;D
    +*+_I HOPE THAT YOU CHECK AND CORRECT IT SOON_+*+
Is it just me or is anyone else suffering from bad games? Everything just feels off for me. I thought it was because I was playing Halo 4 even though I never do but I went back to Reach and Halo 2 Anniversary and I still have the feeling something is off. I mean my entire team is just sucking while the enemy just destroys us. I can easily get double digit kills in those games but something doesn't feel right. I can easily get high number of kills and low number deaths but the last few games I just couldn't get anything right. Best way I could describe it was playing Halo for the first time again. I can't say anything for Halo 4, I just straight up suck at Halo 4 since I never play it. I'm only playing it for the challenges. I'm not bad at Reach or Halo 2 Anniversary though, so when I sucked really hard I could feel something was wrong since those are the only two multiplayer games I play and have a really good feeling for those two game but I could feel something was off. And no I'm not saying this because I suck. I almost have every achievement in this game I'm good at this game. Only 6 achievements to unlock.
Is it just me or is anyone else suffering from bad games? Everything just feels off for me. I thought it was because I was playing Halo 4 even though I never do but I went back to Reach and Halo 2 Anniversary and I still have the feeling something is off. I mean my entire team is just sucking while the enemy just destroys us. I can easily get double digit kills in those games but something doesn't feel right. I can easily get high number of kills and low number deaths but the last few games I just couldn't get anything right. Best way I could describe it was playing Halo for the first time again. I can't say anything for Halo 4, I just straight up suck at Halo 4 since I never play it. I'm only playing it for the challenges. I'm not bad at Reach or Halo 2 Anniversary though, so when I sucked really hard I could feel something was wrong since those are the only two multiplayer games I play and have a really good feeling for those two game but I could feel something was off. And no I'm not saying this because I suck. I almost have every achievement in this game I'm good at this game. Only 6 achievements to unlock.
Yeah, you have nearly all stupid achievenemts unlock, you MUST be good. Mayby one of the best players of the planet.
Are crossplatform parties and customs possible? If so how are they setup? I see no built in options( a la rocket league) to invite PC players. Are PC players required to use a Microsoft account? I do not see this specific issue addressed at all in the patch notes
SENCHIEF10 wrote:
Are crossplatform parties and customs possible? If so how are they setup? I see no built in options( a la rocket league) to invite PC players. Are PC players required to use a Microsoft account? I do not see this specific issue addressed at all in the patch notes
Pc use a Microsoft acc to login into mcc so you can invite them with their GT
SENCHIEF10 wrote:
Pc use a Microsoft acc to login into mcc so you can invite them with their GT
Ok cool I was thinking that was the case but I wasn’t sure if it was actually functional
  • New MCC Control options for the controller on the Xbox & PC. Perhaps this could be best resolved by allowing for full mechanic remapping in-game. This one is still a big deal to me. To highlight some particular changes that I feel are critical: (1) Allow for a new Magnification Zoom Level Toggle that's separate from the basic zoom mechanic. (2) Give the basic zoom mechanic a settings option of being either hold-to-zoom or toggle. (3) Provide a universal setup option that most closely mimics the default setup in Halo 5 across all titles. In general, the rigid control options is easily one of the biggest personal reasons that I don't spend much time playing the MCC. The Xbox Accessories App can only do so much to alleviate my frustrations with finding a control style that provides a sense of comfort nowadays. I say this as someone who had no issues with using the default control settings, or some available variant, during each title's primary life-cycle and for years afterwards too, but that's just not the case for me anymore because now I spread out my gaming time playing a pretty wide variety of FPS titles instead of primarily just Halo.
  • Replace TrueSkill1 (TS1) with TrueSkill2 (TS2); plus, adopt Computer Learning into the matchmaker's parameter settings. Please do make this a future priority - at some point. I'm sure Josh Menke can tell you exactly how it'd be a massive benefit instead of me typing out the reasoning. This is not to advocate for the visual Ranking system to be converted away from the 1-50 system or the adjustment formulas behind it, but instead to ensure that the matchmaker & team picker are using more accurate understandings of player skill to formulate balanced teams and to allow the matchmaker to automatically adjust the parameters based on a predicted population per the time of day and region in order to help speed up the matchmaking process.
  • Under bringing PC features to Console: Please adapt the modernization of the crouch mechanic to the Xbox platform which essentially allows the mechanic to function while actively moving. It's really just such a wonderful QoL improvement to the gameplay that’s already implemented into the game (for the PC platform). Allow for the legacy crouch setting to be a possible option for custom matches for the purists out there.
  • Please implement a limited Join-in-Progress (JiP) feature into the social (Match Composer) environment to help mitigate some matches from quickly devolving into a waste of time due to an early quitter(s). This is not to advocate for an unlimited JiP system, but instead one that's quite controlled in determining when it should be active and when it should promptly get turned off. Halo 5 has done a pretty good job of balancing this within its social environment so consider looking to it for some inspiration.
  • Perhaps, an odd request: Consider adding the vehicular "switch seats" mechanic into all these legacy games. It shouldn't effect the vast majority of environmental modes, so some of the purists (from an Arena perspective) shouldn’t be all that annoyed, but I think it'd be a great QoL addition to these games. Now, I'm sure there's some people who'd be opposed to its inclusion just on purity reasons alone, but I can't understate how wonderful having it is now that I've got to experience it in Halo 5. I also realize this might be a pretty massive undertaking (therefore unlikely to occur any time soon) because it'd require new animations to be created for these legacy titles. Again, allow for this to be turned-off within custom matches for the purists out there.
  • Yet, another possible odd request: Given my previous mention, I also wouldn’t mind seeing assassinations added to all of the franchise's titles. Again, I’m aware this request may be perceived [by some] as a strange, and perhaps unwelcomed, request. Plus, in light of the required undertaking, I recognize it’s a highly unlikely to be realized one too. But, it’s just something I’ve come to truly appreciate from the franchise’s evolution that I wish could be experienced throughout the history of the franchise, so I politely ask for it nonetheless along with the personal option to not use them, like in Halo 5, by turning them off in a player's personal settings. Of course, Reach & Halo 4 already include assassinations, so the most leg-work is primarily directed at CE, H2, H3, & perhaps H3:ODST.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8