Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

MCC Feedback (Xbox) Nov & Dec 2020

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 28
  4. 29
  5. 30
  6. 31
  7. ...
  8. 32
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
There needs to be a more extreme leave timer penalty for quitters. The game does not feel fun on either side of the spectrum when someone in the lobby leaves. Maybe implement a more severe punishment for players who leave that queued for a competitive game?
There needs to be a more extreme leave timer penalty for quitters. The game does not feel fun on either side of the spectrum when someone in the lobby leaves. Maybe implement a more severe punishment for players who leave that queued for a competitive game?
I do agree
In MCC:Halo 4, there needs to be a way to switch grenades without calling in your ordinance If you have one waiting.

Sometimes I want to save my ordinance until I have a power weapon.. (speed boost saw, damage boost sniper..)
Sometimes I just don't have time to call it in, and need to stick a vehicle immediately..
Sometimes I want to throw a plasma grenade up a lift as an inevitable trap..

Maybe 343 could add a 'UP D-Pad' option to switch grenades while you already have an ordinance? This doesn't seem terribly game breaking to me, and frankly I think it should be In the game already.
Anyone have any thoughts on this? Counterpoints?
I always use "Right D-Pad" to switch my grenades. Try testing that out real quick to make sure you're not just embarrassing yourself with this one.

Also, don't know what controller settings you have. But I use "Universal" for H4.
I think you misread the post:
If you already have an Ordinance waiting, the game does not let you switch grenades./

Button layout doesn't matter, this is a universal setting for all layouts as far as the grenade switching and ordinance calls are concerned. Not being able to switch grenades while you have an ordinance waiting seems like a simple oversight to me and an easy change.

Anyone have any legitimate counterpoints against the possible implementation of this change?
Bruh. I understood what you said. I don't think you understood what I said.

I'm telling you that if Ordanance is set to UP-DPAD. Then try using RIGHT-DPAD to switch your darn grenades. Because, since RIGHT-DPAD is typically what I use to do that anyway, this MEANS that grenade switching likely is not just limited to UP-DPAD. God dog.
I understood what you said, it was just stupid. Not unlike your second response..
Obviously you haven't played enough Halo 4 to bring anything worthwhile to this specific conversation.

Ordinances, once acquired.. take up your LEFT, RIGHT and DOWN d-pad slots.

THE ONLY POSSIBLE OPTION (UP d-pad) AVAILABLE DOESN'T SWITCH YOUR GRENADES, REGARDLESS OF BUTTON LAYOUT.

IF YOU WANT TO SWITCH GRENADES YOU MUST CALL IN YOUR ORDINANCE FIRST. /
/
I think this was an oversight and plausibly an easy fix, nothing more.
Please, learn the game so you can stop wasting our time.
In MCC:Halo 4, there needs to be a way to switch grenades without calling in your ordinance If you have one waiting.

Sometimes I want to save my ordinance until I have a power weapon.. (speed boost saw, damage boost sniper..)
Sometimes I just don't have time to call it in, and need to stick a vehicle immediately..

Maybe 343 could add a 'UP D-Pad' option to switch grenades while you already have an ordinance? This doesn't seem terribly game breaking to me, and frankly I think it should be In the game already.
I always use "Right D-Pad" to switch my grenades. Try testing that out real quick to make sure you're not just embarrassing yourself with this one.

Also, don't know what controller settings you have. But I use "Universal" for H4.
If you already have an Ordinance waiting, the game does not let you switch grenades./

Button layout doesn't matter, this is a universal setting for all layouts as far as the grenade switching and ordinance calls are concerned. Not being able to switch grenades while you have an ordinance waiting seems like a simple oversight to me and an easy change.

Anyone have any legitimate counterpoints against the possible implementation of this change?

I'm telling you that if Ordanance is set to UP-DPAD. Then try using RIGHT-DPAD to switch your darn grenades. Because, since RIGHT-DPAD is typically what I use to do that anyway, this MEANS that grenade switching likely is not just limited to UP-DPAD. God dog.
I understood what you said, it was just stupid. Not unlike your second response..
Obviously you haven't played enough Halo 4 to bring anything worthwhile to this specific conversation.

THE ONLY POSSIBLE OPTION (UP d-pad) AVAILABLE DOESN'T SWITCH YOUR GRENADES, REGARDLESS OF BUTTON LAYOUT.

/
Even though I haven't played much of H4 but I even knew that
I would agree were it not for the fact that the matchmaking is so poorly balanced that quitting a game it's not rarely the best option - especially in social games (e.g. clans vs solo) but sometimes even in competitive ones. With a better balancing, hell yeah, there would be no excuses then.
remove recon swat!!!!!!!!!!!! it is TRASH. leave og playlists ALONE
Espeon wrote:
In addition to this, remove anniversary slayer out of the precision slayer playlist.
Espeon wrote:
In addition to this, remove anniversary slayer out of the precision slayer playlist.
I like the anniversary slayer
Espeon wrote:
That's irrelevant. It should be in its own playlist, not mixed in with precision just because you start with a pistol. The gametype is totally different and does not belong there.
Espeon wrote:
Yeah i like it too
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not purposely bypass the word filter. Do not make non-constructive posts
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
A system similar to the Halo 3 veto system is sorely needed. Not map voting, but just a simple Press X To Veto
Espeon wrote:
That's irrelevant. It should be in its own playlist, not mixed in with precision just because you start with a pistol. The gametype is totally different and does not belong there.
We will have a Custom Games Browser pretty soon. So I don't think it really matters either way.

Custom Games is leagues better than any regular Multiplayer playlist. And I may ditch them altogether depending on how intuitively it's crafted. With the exception of possibly completing challenges I guess.

I cannot wait to finally play "Insane" gametype matches again! My all-time favorite Halo: Reach gametype :))
Espeon wrote:
We will have a Custom Games Browser pretty soon. So I don't think it really matters either way.

Custom Games is leagues better than any regular playlist. And I may ditch them altogether depending on how intuitively it's crafted. With the exception of possibly completing challenges I guess.

I cannot wait to finally play "Insane" gametype matches again! My all-time favorite Halo: Reach gametype :))
Yes it does matter because those who want to just play precision Reach Slayer matchmaking can't without having anniversary crap mixed in.
Espeon wrote:

Custom Games is leagues better than any regular playlist. And I may ditch them altogether depending on how intuitively it's crafted. With the exception of possibly completing challenges I guess.

Yes it does matter because those who want to just play precision Reach Slayer matchmaking can't without having anniversary crap mixed in.
Fair enough.

I think Postums said in a blog post that they just got back to work within the past week or so. And that they would be adding new community maps (none of which I personally found that great and have seen better of 10 years ago) to H3 playlists along with some tweaks. So, playlists overall are likely to see a shakeup whenever the next update gets pumped out.

Since assets are already preloaded into the game, I'd say we should be getting it by late January or early February. Of course, that's if a Flight isn't being planned. I don't really see the point in them doing one for simple Season Content though unless it's intended to be bundled with a new UI component.

That's my take at least.
If there's no Flight, I hope 343i is absolutely sure Halo 3 hit-reg/ bullet magnetism is working correctly.

I'm worried that whatever facilitated the addition of the Halo: Online assets accidentally broke H3 again. Maybe I'm crazy, but it feels different after the December patch - at least to me and a few others on Waypoint
You need to fix your competitive matches. Every game someone leaves. Every game. Why is there no serious punishment for abandoning your team? Not to mention there's no minimum level so I frequently get players who barely know how to shoot who clearly misunderstood what competitive games were. Until you make a more serious punishment for abandoning your team, add a minimum level to make teams balanced, your competitive playlists will be unplayable. The games should be balanced and shouldn't have the winning team win because the enemy team lost a player straight away or because they have a tour 1 player who doesn't know how to shoot. Fix this please. The halo 4 competitive playlist was absolutely unplayable during this season.

/
I was just trying to help you ashole. F you.

Way to jump to conclusions about people. I've been playing Halo since I was 10 years old. F off bro.

And whatever. Even if I made a mistake about a mechanic that literally takes 1 second to use: Big whoop. Obviously I don't remember everything crystal clear about a 9-year-old entry in a 20-year-old video game franchise.

Your initial comment gave me the impression your issue was with the UP-DPAD rather than the other way around. Because that's what you were talking about (before you edited it). My bad.

But at least I'm not a rude, ungrateful little somebody who can't handle feedback very well. God forbid someone gave you their opinion that it wasn't that bad of an issue anyway. I personally don't think that it is. Why wait to have an advantage in combat? Good luck getting it addressed with that attitude <3
You weren't trying to help, you were desperately trying to be right. Now you're backpedaling and playing the morality card.

Since 10 years old is great, I'm glad you're so in love with and woven into this tight knit community, but I really wish you were a bit more perceptive throughout that time is all.

The thing is you made a mistake and then told me I was embarrassing myself for contradicting you. Then I went into detail as to why you were missing the point and you still doubled down, thinking you had solved a problem you clearly didn't understand. Now you're admitting that much, so next time.. maybe don't comment on something you know nothing about? So maybe.. just move on so you don't embarrass yourself?

Even after the edit (I mistakenly put ordinances had Left, Right, Up options, and quickly edited it to say the ordinance offers Left, Right, Down options) none of the conversation changed. You were still doing your best to tell me I was wrong for thinking that you cannot switch grenades while you have an ordinance waiting. Lastly.. the thing is.. you are rude, little and ungrateful. I responded to your ignorant feedback with neutrality until your feedback turned to hostility. Just because you don't deem something an issue, that doesn't mean it isn't one. Next time, just ignore the post and move along with your clearly very happy life.

If you don't understand why I said to wait to have an advantage, maybe reread my original post. Because after all this it seems as though you sincerely couldn't understand nor grasp the ideas presented.

Just take the L and stop responding. You are.. yet again.. wasting our time.
i have a number of needed fixes as well as suggestions
1st.. in halo2 classic you absolutely need to fix the spawns... 4v4 lock out never used to start with one team in bottom blue and the otehr team right above at top lift. same on warlock and sanctuary and ill come back to this in a second.
2nd... in halo2c can you add a team hardcore ranked cause social slayer is terrible in terms of quality games. good portion of the time a player quits b4 the map even goes to loading screen. plenty of quit quickly but going back to the spawns, if you have a team already severly lacking in skill vs the other team the last thing you need is to start the game with a bad spawn right next to or on top of each other and the better opps can get into a rough spawn lock off the rip n definately after a few kills.. ive noticed on lockout for example other team spawns above ya n your team is forced to move out from bottom blue then b4 u know it they have sniper tower held down with maybe a roamer under glass.. why in the world would we continuosly spawn bottom blue. before you know it its 17-3 and a player or two quits and your stuck still spawning bottom blue with ur elite teammate whos strategy has been going up the lift with smg out and catching a snipe to his goofy -Yoink- dino face or a shotty slug before he touches the floor

3.. maybe add a simple forum type spot where player like myself who are finding social slayer awful but love the game n want to run mlg customs but dont have enough interested ppl on friends list.. the population still playing h2c or h2a even h3 is a lot smaller than it used to be so itd be a good way to easily connect and organize pick up custom games or scrims.

4,.. maybe too much to add to mcc but for infinite u should be a ble to start up a custom by your self and have bots with adjustable levels of skill, movement and like a forge type thing where the map stays the same but u can put looping routes for bots... so ppl can practice aim points and hiting targets if theyre new...

5. going one step further from step 4 have a super basic range like map with targets to shoot and differnet -Yoink- to jump on that takes next to no loading time so while searching for matchmaking you can warm up and it quits when u connect to a lobby

6.. for matchmaking have a map vote and cancel n resume searching if a player drops before match starts
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 28
  4. 29
  5. 30
  6. 31
  7. ...
  8. 32