Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

MCC Feedback (Xbox) Nov & Dec 2020

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 6
Sarge5693 wrote:
Why the hell is there no turn off cross play?

Also why the hell hasn't the co-op cross play lag input been fixed?
You can in the network settings by enabling platform based matchmaking.

Fixing that requires changing the netcode which I'm told requires extensive work so I doubt it's something they want to get into.
xxcloud7xx wrote:
Please prioritize making the MCC version of Halo 1 achieve parity with the original Xbox version of Halo 1/legacy version of Halo 1 by fixing legitimate issues/bugs that are plaguing the game. Please make the MCC version of Halo 1 the definitive version of Halo 1 by prioritizing fixing all of the disparities and inconsistencies between the MCC version of Halo 1 and the original Xbox version of Halo 1/legacy version of Halo 1.
  • https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/ffz3ny/halo_ce_on_mcc_an_indepth_lesson_on_how_mccce_is/
  • https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/e23gr8/an_open_letter_to_the_halo_community_the_current/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share
  • https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/b9zk3r/halo_community_please_get_behind_requesting_that/
  • https://www.reddit.com/r/HaloCERefined/comments/9lpk6m/port_issues_masterlist/
  • http://www.halobugs.com/
  • https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/487240502505111552/567371824648945678/updated_mcc_bugs_list.txt
  • Halo CE MCC - Spread bug explained with actually reproducible steps (More trigger pulls than inputs)
  • How Combat Evolved was downgraded on MCC | How the original vision is being lost to time
  • Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary was not ready for release and I'm disappointed | Port Report
  • Was Halo Anniversary a faithful remaster? | Saber Interactive's take on Combat Evolved
  • Halo CE DIFFERENCES on Master Chief Collection Are WORSE!
  • Just how I remember Halo 1.
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zG18XfsnvI&feature=youtu.be&t=2165
  • Differences between Halo PC and Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary (1.1350.0.0)
  • https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/84ad72a8b51847978545f685f651fc15/topics/what-should-be-in-a-halo-ce-20-year-anniversary/0aa7d86d-9773-4efa-ba15-2a64fe925e21/posts?page=1
MCC title: Halo Combat Evolved (classic graphics)
To add to this, if it’s not here already, please add the cinematic letterboxing to the chapter titles in cutscenes and during missions of CE’s campaign “flawless cowboy” “light fuse, run away” “final run” etc. They are still present in anniversary graphics. Feels weird having them missing. Also makes it difficult to actually read said chapter titles.
hi i love the crossplay update, i love it so much. but i really love custom games too, so i want to have a custom games broswer soon. if yall can do it, that will be great.
With PC able to pay Halo 4, I feel like people are “cheating” because they have assisted aim in the controllers, making it harder for Xbox payers to even play. I pretty much play online games without halo 4 selected because of this. It doesn’t make it fun.
So...does anyone know if 343 has fixed the very Poor Performance of Halo 2: Anniversary and Combat Evolved: Anniversary?

Last time i checked, both campaigns dropped below 40 FPS many times, with Halo 2: Anniversary being the most embarrassing....Why did I buy and Xbox one X
to get terrible performance that 343 brought with the Halo: Reach update about 1 YEAR AGO.

All the games have been ported to pc, and the series X is out, apparently the MCC collection work great with 120 fps across all campgins.....so what about the Xbox one X version? Now is the time the fix this.
Please change out the rotation of maps or ADD in the classic Maps for Halo Reach 4v4. So sick and tired of playing the same maps over and over again. Bring back Uncaged and Pinnacle. And Stop banning people for quitting out, this game is on PC now, no reason for it. Just absolutely stupid. Fix the game.
ScarthyUK wrote:
Please fix frame rate issues on Xbox one X on anniversary campaigns, H4... 12 months so far :(
Yes, Many people are still waiting....BUT NOTHING still. What is going on. PC is done...they need get the Xbox One X version back to how they are supposed to be. The performance of Halo CEA, Halo 2A, And some of Halo 4 has been ruined since Reach.

Unacceptable.
It varies between 30 and 60 fps!
Watch the entire video or skip to 7:30 if you want the main event.

https://youtu.be/pkBFFzae90U
Wow.....I usually link Digital foundry from last year...but this is Even Better. Shows just how terrible the random drops are.
Cannot even enjoy a mission with all the annoying stuttering....NEEDS TO BE FIXED NOW.Feel like i've wasted my money buying Xbox One X, or Xbox in general with this poor management of updates on console.
Did anyone else completely lose audio? I booted up my game and found that I CAN'T hear. I messed with my TV, Xbox audio, etc. Still nothing. By now this makes the MCC practically unplayable.
Where are you experiencing this issue? I have had no sound whatsoever in Halo 2 for many, many months now both in campaign and multiplayer, anniversary or classic graphics. Some have even reported having no audio in Halo CE too. I haven't checked CE for a while but I'm hoping I'm not affected there too. I just want to play through -Yoinking!- Halo 2 again but I'm not doing it in silence! I wish they would fix this. Fix the audio issues in Halo 2 please. And if the announcer still doesn't shout Perfection at the end of a Reach Slayer game (as I haven't gotten one since the update to know) then please fix that too!
Well it started with CE way back when, but then it went to 2, then it finally hit the entire collection. The menu has no audio, in-game has no audio, it's practically unplayable.
I got with support and they sent back these steps to fix the audio issues of no sound. Give this a try, it worked for me.
Spoiler:
Show
HAL0 227 wrote:
Please change out the rotation of maps or ADD in the classic Maps for Halo Reach 4v4. So sick and tired of playing the same maps over and over again. Bring back Uncaged and Pinnacle. And Stop banning people for quitting out, this game is on PC now, no reason for it. Just absolutely stupid. Fix the game.
Pinnacle is still there, it's just weighted rather low. Uncaged is not there anymore, as aren't a lot of the other Forge World maps from OG (Chateau, Renova, Eden Minor, Midas etc to name a few). Tempest has been removed from the 4v4 rotation for some reason, probably because it was too big.
YOOO!! ACTION SACK!!!
Just when I lost all hope in 343, I’ve had the best damn night of my life! I even died loads and didn’t give a -Yoink-. That map on halo 2 with the prophet ship or whatever the -Yoink- that thing is, it’s epic. EPICCC 343. I -Yoinking!- love you.
Has anyone played through The Oracle on halo 2 and had the game freeze during the cutscene where the arbiter and the heretic get intimidating the banshees? I've tried playing twice. First on the boss fight playlist as I haven't completed that (and a chance to grind sentinel beam kills), and again when I went into the mission with skulls to beat the par score. Both times, it froze at the same spot, looking at arbiter's face just before the heretic turns around to shoot at him. The game is unresponsive and I've had to close and reload the game to get it working again.
The only issues I have with this season is that we have to unlock stuff for H4 that should've already been in the game. It's kind of stupid that we've been waiting years for the cut content to be brought back only to get the armor skins we should've already had (but none of the dlc armors) and weapon skins that should've had instant access like the armor. I can agree with things like the Blast skin for the BR or the Striped and Blood skins for the DMR (even though two of those were cut from OG H4) along with the other new (or "new") cosmetics, but not the dlc skins like the black and gold ones. I'm also pretty sure the Storm rifle is missing a skin, I think it was either a pre-order skin, or another cut skin.

On a side note, could you please increase the burst damage of the Light rifle? It was my favorite weapon until the weapon tuning back then, then it felt useless unless zoomed in because everyone was using a BR which was already a little stronger (still required 5 bursts though before the tuning). I never really understood the reason behind the tuning because to my experience, hit registration on top of bullet speeds made 4 burst kills with a BR so rare in H3 (even on immobile targets in custom games at shotgun distance) that I didn't see a difference beyond H4 being hitscan. I don't remember what happened with the DMR, but the Carbine was basically in the same boat as the BR. What difference did a weaker weapon make when 90% of your kills with such weapons took more than the minimum required shots anyway regardless of how accurate you were? After the tuning, my favorite starter weapon became almost useless unless you can keep hitting the target while zoomed in at ranges where zooming in would hinder more than help or get one zoomed shot, then three bursts.
HarrySNme wrote:
Did anyone else completely lose audio? I booted up my game and found that I CAN'T hear. I messed with my TV, Xbox audio, etc. Still nothing. By now this makes the MCC practically unplayable.
Where are you experiencing this issue? I have had no sound whatsoever in Halo 2 for many, many months now both in campaign and multiplayer, anniversary or classic graphics. Some have even reported having no audio in Halo CE too. I haven't checked CE for a while but I'm hoping I'm not affected there too. I just want to play through -Yoinking!- Halo 2 again but I'm not doing it in silence! I wish they would fix this. Fix the audio issues in Halo 2 please. And if the announcer still doesn't shout Perfection at the end of a Reach Slayer game (as I haven't gotten one since the update to know) then please fix that too!
Well it started with CE way back when, but then it went to 2, then it finally hit the entire collection. The menu has no audio, in-game has no audio, it's practically unplayable.
I got with support and they sent back these steps to fix the audio issues of no sound. Give this a try, it worked for me.
Spoiler:
Show
Thank you, I'll give it a try.
My MCC isn't showing on my waypoint and I have several campaign achievements that are saying I have incomplete missions but my games say all are complete. Is there a way to resolve this.
Game: Halo 3 recon slayer
Every once in a while when i find a game and its loading it'll kick me back to the menu and say that i was kicked from the match and it’ll take it as i left and lower my rank and give me a temp ban
One issue I've had with the mcc before that I'm still seeing now (or I guess it's less of an issue and more of an inconvenience) is that when you get new unlocks for customizations, that the game makes it easier to find in the menu by actually telling us which game said unlocks were for. This wasn't as bad in earlier seasons when it was just the one game at a time for seasons 1 and 2, but when you're dumping several season points into these recent seasons and you can forget which games they were for and have to go game by game to find it. I can only imagine what next season will look like. Like all I'm asking for is that "new" icon to show by the games which you have new customizations for in the menu.

While we're at it, why is the weapon skins for halo 4 such a pain to get to. For one, like mentioned before, but to a higher degree here, there is no new icon showing even where the unlocked skins are in the halo 4 menu. At the very least, it would have made to obvious that the skins are under "loadouts". Speaking of which, why are the weapon skins under loadouts? Why not list them under "colors" or even under their own dedicated "choose skin" section like 1 and 3? Is it because they're exclusive to the loadout enabled game types and not the multiplayer as a whole, and why?

One more thing I want to bring up is tangential to that last little bit about the skin sections in the customization menu. Why is it that the weapon and vehicle skins are in separate sections in the menu for Halo 1 when halo 3 has them as sub sections under "choose skin"? Maybe it's just to have it take up less space in the menu, but it's a little annoying that there isn't any consistency with that.

Lastly, when would we be looking at new skins in general? Vehicle skins for 4? What about halo 2, or even reach? There's going to reach customizations coming soon, you still owe us the GRD and more robotic arms anyway.
I get into games fast
HOW CAN SPARTAN OPS STILL FREEZE IN MCC?
Hi,
I have just completed all of Halo 3 on Legendary in under 3 hours, however the 'Desvatating' achivement is not unlocking. Adding my times - which you can see on my service record - add up to 2hrs 58mins and a few odd seconds. Do I have to wait for it to unlock or should I file a ticket to get this resolved?

Its now unlocked after waiting 10 mins :)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 6