Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

MCC fileshare size increase

OP spargsy

so do we know if we’re getting an increase to the fileshare size in MCC?

i’ve heard this thrown about a bit but I wasn’t sure if this was confirmed.

ya boi messed up and didn’t get round to uploading all the game types from reach to my fileshare today (all the popular mini games basically) so I was kinda hoping that if this increase happens, then I’ll be able to find them again from another gamer tag once reach is added.

If not that’s a RIP and my friends and I will end up having to stick to Legacy Reach until it gets shut down.
From Postums in a Development Update:
Quote:
We are excited for this migration to happen and we look forward to bringing all the content you have created over the years into MCC. One additional piece people will be excited to learn, that with this change, we are also increasing your file share size to help you share even more content with your friends online!
I don't think they've given specifics on how much they plan on increasing it by, however.
From Postums in a Development Update:
Quote:
We are excited for this migration to happen and we look forward to bringing all the content you have created over the years into MCC. One additional piece people will be excited to learn, that with this change, we are also increasing your file share size to help you share even more content with your friends online!
I don't think they've given specifics on how much they plan on increasing it by, however.
Ah okay, thank you so much!
They also said they are increasing the local file space as well, which is good. That was said in an official reply in the main topic that covers the migration process.
It's cool that there doing this but I wish they would have at least increased the file shares for the 360 games before they moved them to the X1 since there's not enough space to copy all the files across to the file share.
ronnie42 wrote:
It's cool that there doing this but I wish they would have at least increased the file shares for the 360 games before they moved them to the X1 since there's not enough space to copy all the files across to the file share.
Very likely this would require a title update and I can see that being way out of scope for the stuff that's being done here. I'm not actually sure if Microsoft does certification for 360 game title updates anymore, or that there would be developers available between the 343 team and partners to facilitate it.
stckrboy wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
It's cool that there doing this but I wish they would have at least increased the file shares for the 360 games before they moved them to the X1 since there's not enough space to copy all the files across to the file share.
Very likely this would require a title update and I can see that being way out of scope for the stuff that's being done here. I'm not actually sure if Microsoft does certification for 360 game title updates anymore, or that there would be developers available between the 343 team and partners to facilitate it.
Sure of course it would require an update, these games frequently get 'emulator' updates frequently. So it's possible they may need an another update.
ronnie42 wrote:
Sure of course it would require an update, these games frequently get 'emulator' updates frequently. So it's possible they may need an another update.
The emulator updates are done by the backwards comaptibility team over at Xbox, none of that touches the games code
Hey Friends,

In the future, you will have increases in both file share and local storage. All maps/modes that are copied over from this process will be loaded into your local storage on boot once we update MCC for the functionality to process the maps and complete their great journey from legacy games to current. We have copied the game types yesterday and will copy maps on the 26th. Then, at a later date, we will update MCC and all the maps will make the migration once you login to the updated MCC on your Xbox One. Don't worry, it's coming and we will share more details once we get closer to that update.

Cheers,
Postums
Postums wrote:
Hey Friends,

In the future, you will have increases in both file share and local storage. All maps/modes that are copied over from this process will be loaded into your local storage on boot once we update MCC for the functionality to process the maps and complete their great journey from legacy games to current. We have copied the game types yesterday and will copy maps on the 26th. Then, at a later date, we will update MCC and all the maps will make the migration once you login to the updated MCC on your Xbox One. Don't worry, it's coming and we will share more details once we get closer to that update.

Cheers,
Postums
Take your time over there guys. Like Shigeru Miyamoto once said, "A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad."
stckrboy wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Sure of course it would require an update, these games frequently get 'emulator' updates frequently. So it's possible they may need an another update.
The emulator updates are done by the backwards comaptibility team over at Xbox, none of that touches the games code
Yeh I kind of figured that, the same applies for any general emulator. I just mean that the game itself gets updated to some degree. As for games code...that's down to 343i.
I feel like this is one of those things everyone should be really grateful that they are doing but I see a lot of complaints about it, not pointing to your post in particular, just making an observation about the community in general.