Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Firefight Feedback

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 7
Currently skirmisher kills in Firefight do not count towards the achievement for killing 1000 kills on them. Make it possible to earn kills towards the achievement in Firefight.
-Suggestion
-Halo Reach, MCC, PC
-Custom (Forge) Firefight Maps
I know Forge won't come to PC until (probably late) 2020 when Halo 3 and 4 are releasing, BUT, when they release, is there a chance we can make our own firefight maps? Spawn Nodes and such are already a feature, so how difficult would a spawn node for an enemy drop ships/pods? Setting areas where a generator would be? i'm sure an ammo box would be easy to set down and establish a spawn area.

On a small side note, can we have non-gunner seats for the Falcon? They're in Campaign, and it would be a great transport vehicle, a lot of fun for CTF
My biggest issues in Firefight are the following:

1. Why can't you choose what gamemode you want to play, what map you want and how many players you want to have with you
Generator defense isn't all that fun and getting it is always a little bit of a let down. I get that some people like it but don't force us to play it.
The map issue should be self explanatory
Sometimes playing with randos isnt fun. Sometimes I just want to play with one buddy. This could be solved by...

2. Allow us to rank up via our own FIrefight matches
In the original Halo Reach if you didn't have XBOX live you earned XP via offline firefight. As soon as you got XBOX live you were forced to play multiplayer if you wanted to rank up. I hated this mechanic back then and I hate it now. You shouldn't be forced to play online just to get your favorite armor or character voice. You can't even get XP in kampaign anymore. There may be people with bad internet who only play halo for it's singleplayer or people who have the issues discussed prior.
Listen I get it 343 you probably don't want people to make their own XP farm sets to quickly get to the top. But why not. It would still take a very long time to get to 100. This ties in with the "let us play what we want"-issue people are having.

I hope you guys at 343 read the forums. There are some great ideas in there. Thanks in advance.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 3: ODST
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: I know there are some things you need to work out, but literally everyone would benefit from bringing Firefight to ODST. I'd pay another $5 for it, for certain. Please make this happen (at least when you bring ODST to PC - this would be a great time to introduce it to the collection).
FLUFFYR00 wrote:
Afkers ruining the game just like they did on the 360. Punishment needed for these players. Should only get xp in firefight for medals earned, not time in game.
Did 343 close off the hiding areas on maps where players can safely afk?
Not that i know of but people are jusr rubberbanding their pads so they dont get booted for no movement. Its embarassing. Wish i could name and shame them, did that before with 360 reach and i got banned. Pathetic, lets protect the scumbags who cant be -Yoinked!- to play yet want the rewards
It has been a long time.

After about two days of playing Halo: MCC Firefight, I would like to give my initial feedback.

The most immediate concern: afk players.
I had several matches today where at least one player was afk'ing, simply using a rubber band or something to make their character move. These players stay in the game for the entire match without being kicked, and as far as I can see there is no way to even report them (excluding XBL tools).
I would like to see improvement here, sooner than later. Inactivity protection is needed, as this severely decreases the fun for the other players.

Another piece of feedback is about the gamemode Fiestafight.
I like to have random weapons. It's fun to jump into the fight with the best or worst weapons. However, they need unlimited ammo, in my opinion. After a relatively short amount of time, Fiestafight develops into a regular Firefight mode, as the limited ammo prevents prolonged use of random weapons, instead relying on weapons found on the battlefield.
I think the way here is to enable unlimited ammo (not bottomless clip), in turn it would be acceptable to disable weapon pickup.

Other than these two pieces of feedback, I am quite happy with the Firefight modes in Halo: MCC Firefight. They feel great with the improved game and the old feeling returned very fast.

Keep it up!
Give xp for playing Halo Reach Firefight
I am ashamed for the memory of Reach by seeing players yet again AFKing for their ranks.
why all these years later is this an issue.
i have seen very high ranked players making a mockery of this system.
is 343 really going to leave this issue as long as Bungie and allow these players to achieve max rank before any action is taken.

Whilst I understand these players main reasoning is hitting max rank I can’t help but think it may be reduced if firefight game types were a selectable option. Allow us to play arcadefight and as other players have said stop allowing rewards for inactive players.
camping may be a thing of using a sniper but rewards for medals and not for play time.
Your Snack wrote:
Give xp for playing Halo Reach Firefight
Please yes let us get xp for our own firefight matches
isn't Versus supposed to be 4v4? it currently has a max of 4 players which doesn't seem right for firefight versus
DarthBra wrote:
I am ashamed for the memory of Reach by seeing players yet again AFKing for their ranks.
why all these years later is this an issue.
i have seen very high ranked players making a mockery of this system.
is 343 really going to leave this issue as long as Bungie and allow these players to achieve max rank before any action is taken.

Whilst I understand these players main reasoning is hitting max rank I can’t help but think it may be reduced if firefight game types were a selectable option. Allow us to play arcadefight and as other players have said stop allowing rewards for inactive players.
camping may be a thing of using a sniper but rewards for medals and not for play time.
Simple fix is remove completion xp and only reward xp based on medals and kills. Afkers will soon disappear, but we know 343 wont do this as this was mentioned multiple times for 360 Reach and nothing changed apart from you only needed a sungle kill to avoid the banhammer.

Another option is to let us screenshot/record video of the afkers and send them to a 343 employee so fhey can ban them.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we must ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service, and then create a new thread with the translated text. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Giocando alla MCC spesso entro nei server Americani nonostante sia in Europa, Perché? 8 giocatori per trovare una partita in Europa non ci sono?</p>
I personally would like to see Score Attack Firefight in Matchmaking without the need to find other players like in OG Reach with gametypes such as 2X Score Attack and Gruntpocalypse as they we're my favorite ways to farm for credits back then, would make farming for XP here in MCC more enjoyable for people like me.
So far I’m having a good experience with Firefight, but only issues I see are the Banshee on Installation 04 it’s flight pattern looks relent glitchy, on Fistfight whenever I swing a hammer I appreciate suicide & lucky last on Corvette I had a glitch on bonus round where the shield doors where the Spirits fly through and those shields around the map where flickering (Will provide video when my laptop gets fixed)

And imo, we need Score Attack to make a return
Found a new bug on Firefight, this only happens with Elites that have jetpacks, when they jump on a platform they get stuck in T pose for a few seconds, I was on Instillation 4 FF, an elite jumped up with his jetback and landed close to me, while he was in T pose I died. I imagine he hit me but there was no animation for it, he just floated around in T pose.
MCC Halo Game: Halo: Reach

AIs will still roar at you even after death. When playing Brawlers or whatever the game mode is, you have a 50/50 chance on committing suicide for some odd reason. Erm, if I knew how to post clips, I would. Thanks for taking the time to read.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo Reach
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: I noticed that Firefight Arcade is set to normal difficulty, while Firefight Limited is set to heroic. It might be more balanced for players if Firefight Limited was set to normal (due to Generator Defense), and Firefight Arcade was set to heroic or legendary (due to unlimited lives and ammo)
  • REPRO STEPS: Enter either Firefight playlist and see the difficulty in the post game stats
  • ADDITIONAL INFO:
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Maybe Arcadefight could be its own gametype to select. It's a fun gametype within Firefight Arcade that allows players to use a majority of the weapons from the other gametypes. Arcadefight allows players to play the way they want to, and it doesn't restrict weapon pickup/limit weapon choice, which to me is the main setback in enjoying the other gametypes.
  • REPRO STEPS:
  • ADDITIONAL INFO:
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Fiestafight seems like it should have infinte ammo like the other gametypes in Firefight Arcade or have the UNSC ammo crates that are in Firefight Limited, but it's cool to spawn with random weapons, and it does makes sense that we would have the ability to pick up any other weapon.
  • REPRO STEPS: Load up Fiestafight, and run out of ammo for your favorite weapons : (
  • ADDITIONAL INFO:
Hey I love the game but one thing is concerning me and it is the 8000 points cap when you complete a match, I completed a firefight limited and was a bit annoyed to find I only got 8000 for performance I think it should go up like reach and not have a cap to the amount of points you have.
kind regards
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 7