Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Firefight Feedback

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 7
I’ve noticed we don’t have challenges like we did for reach on Xbox 360 and that kinda sucks as it was a fun way to level up aswell
Where is matchmaking score attack in firefight? You removed commendations (and so many other great things) but you couldn’t give us a solo matchmaking mode that was in the OG reach? A lot of us don’t wanna deal with randoms kill jacking or spinning around idle, and we loved score attack, yet, you decided to drop it? Who decided this?

You need to add score attack (or at least a solo firefight arcade) option in the firefight menu.
Why did they screw those of us who only want to play Arcadefight? There's no voting, and there are too many worthless restricted gametypes. It's stupid. It should be Arcadefight only, on Heroic, AND have custom loadouts like SpartanOps. Did 343 really never look at the stats from 360? Everyone played Arcadefight! Nobody voted for that other garbage.
Can you please add the Solo Firefight playlist back from Reach?

I spent more time in it than the multiplayer one as I preferred it for completing challenges, commendations, and rank ups on 360. Now I'd just like to shoot aliens by myself and still get XP in a lag free environment.
Fos Kuvol wrote:
Can you please add the Solo Firefight playlist back from Reach?

I spent more time in it than the multiplayer one as I preferred it for completing challenges, commendations, and rank ups on 360. Now I'd just like to shoot aliens by myself and still get XP in a lag free environment.
Without voting, it would be pointless and broken just like the current Arcade option. I really don't understand why they still insist on keeping the stats etc for custom FF completely separate from FF Matchmaking anyway. They put Arcade on Normal anyway. They used to have FF Doubles too, but that was dropped when they consolidated playlists in spite of keeping the 2 very dead competitive 4v4 playlists (Arena, MLG) instead of merging them.
I think Firefight matchmaking would benefit greatly from incorporating a Match Composer system as was done with social multiplayer.

This would alleviate many concerns by allowing players to select preferred game types, difficulty levels and party sizes using an existing and proven framework.
Why did they screw those of us who only want to play Arcadefight? There's no voting, and there are too many worthless restricted gametypes. It's stupid. It should be Arcadefight only, on Heroic, AND have custom loadouts like SpartanOps. Did 343 really never look at the stats from 360? Everyone played Arcadefight! Nobody voted for that other garbage.
Same here! Doing dailies and working on commendations while running 2x score attack was what I loved doing in OG reach. It just amazes me that 343 didn’t have this added for all the people who play firefight solo. They removed so much of the original content that it feels too barren. This should be an easy addition since it’d be another game mode in firefight matchmaking.
Same here! Doing dailies and working on commendations while running 2x score attack was what I loved doing in OG reach. It just amazes me that 343 didn’t have this added for all the people who play firefight solo. They removed so much of the original content that it feels too barren. This should be an easy addition since it’d be another game mode in firefight matchmaking.
The general issue with Firefight right now is that you can't choose what you want. And it should be changed. Not just in Arcade fight but also the other mode. Let me vote for my maps please.
This is going to be quite a long-shot but 343 has been doing MCC: Reach pretty good for the time being, making the game itself more fun and adding plenty of new quality of life changes to the game as far as I am aware of, so here it goes:

Can we have playable elites in Firefight....for the surviving team? I'm not asking for a covenant variant of Firefight where we play as elites fighting UNSC humans(though that would be awesome), I just want the same Firefight we all know and love, but given the additional option to play as an Elite against the swarms of Covenant.

I could care less about lore consistency as you can tell, but if anything I wouldn't mind it if playable elites for the surviving team would remain an option only for custom/private game sessions. The Elites in this game look awesome as heck, and I'm glad this game lets you play as them in certain game modes, but the chances of actually being able to play them has always been rather slim. Most, if not all of the game modes where playable elites are an option aren't really that popular, even Invasion which itself isn't in the MCC yet and its not my favorite game mode to be honest.

What I'm saying is that I don't really get much of a chance to play as Elites in general which is a huge shame because the armor for Elites in Reach are really badass. It also helps that they've added the fabled the Elite Officer as unlock-able armor for Elites in this game, but again you barley get to play as an Elite to begin with. This is such wasted potential because people always like to express their characters with their unique armor sets and color configs, with their spartans, and with their elites.

I think the ability to play an elite in the surviving team of Firefight would be a great boon for elite lovers such as myself because we can now play as them much more, and we can have them in whatever color we'd like without having to search for a rare game of Elite Slayer where your'e forced into a team color anyways. Firefight is pretty liked by the community and the ai for the Covenant at its best in this game. I would love to play as an Elite fighting off the numerable covenant soldiers for survival. I guess one could say the the Elites on the surviving team could be classified as Elite Heretics; even though they already exist in Firefight but they were pretty obscure to begin with.

Again the Firefight will remain the same; there are Elite enemies that attack us because we are heretic elites who have aligned ourselves with the "filthy" spartans for some inexplicable reason idk. And also Firefight versus can still be a thing despite how unpopular it is, maybe the elites on the covenant side are forced into one have one color depending on what armor they chose, slightly altered to set them apart just a bit, to establish their conformity and loyalty to the covenant whereas the elites in the surviving team to be in whatever color they chose alongside their spartan counterparts.

So yeah this is my request and I know it will go on deaf ears, this is my first comment post so forgive my lack of proper waypoint grammar oh and apologies for such a long comment. As a quick recap, it would be cool if 343 can add playable elites for the surviving faction of Firefight. It would give a new option for elite lovers to play as elites whenever they want so long as they like Firefight, and not only that but to able to play as an elite in whatever color they like and feel like a badass slaying tons of enemy aliens because they(and I) are average in online multiplayer at best.

I never seen anyone make a request similar to this so anyone here who actually knows how to actually start a petition or something is free to rip this idea and make it a thing, I just want elites in firefight mcc. Oh and sorry to all those who have to read my terribly written comment with questionable syntax or grammar.
The general issue with Firefight right now is that you can't choose what you want. And it should be changed. Not just in Arcade fight but also the other mode. Let me vote for my maps please.
That and its nerfed. The difficulty settings are wrong for the gametypes.
My main criticisms are the lack of map / gamemode voting (as original Reach had), and how Firefight Versus has been severely downgraded to only 2v2. I'm almost one-hundred percent certain it was 4v4 on 360.
This is going to be quite a long-shot but 343 has been doing MCC: Reach pretty good for the time being, making the game itself more fun and adding plenty of new quality of life changes to the game as far as I am aware of, so here it goes:

Can we have playable elites in Firefight....for the surviving team? I'm not asking for a covenant variant of Firefight where we play as elites fighting UNSC humans(though that would be awesome), I just want the same Firefight we all know and love, but given the additional option to play as an Elite against the swarms of Covenant.

I could care less about lore consistency as you can tell, but if anything I wouldn't mind it if playable elites for the surviving team would remain an option only for custom/private game sessions. The Elites in this game look awesome as heck, and I'm glad this game lets you play as them in certain game modes, but the chances of actually being able to play them has always been rather slim. Most, if not all of the game modes where playable elites are an option aren't really that popular, even Invasion which itself isn't in the MCC yet and its not my favorite game mode to be honest.

What I'm saying is that I don't really get much of a chance to play as Elites in general which is a huge shame because the armor for Elites in Reach are really badass. It also helps that they've added the fabled the Elite Officer as unlock-able armor for Elites in this game, but again you barley get to play as an Elite to begin with. This is such wasted potential because people always like to express their characters with their unique armor sets and color configs, with their spartans, and with their elites.

I think the ability to play an elite in the surviving team of Firefight would be a great boon for elite lovers such as myself because we can now play as them much more, and we can have them in whatever color we'd like without having to search for a rare game of Elite Slayer where your'e forced into a team color anyways. Firefight is pretty liked by the community and the ai for the Covenant at its best in this game. I would love to play as an Elite fighting off the numerable covenant soldiers for survival. I guess one could say the the Elites on the surviving team could be classified as Elite Heretics; even though they already exist in Firefight but they were pretty obscure to begin with.

Again the Firefight will remain the same; there are Elite enemies that attack us because we are heretic elites who have aligned ourselves with the "filthy" spartans for some inexplicable reason idk. And also Firefight versus can still be a thing despite how unpopular it is, maybe the elites on the covenant side are forced into one have one color depending on what armor they chose, slightly altered to set them apart just a bit, to establish their conformity and loyalty to the covenant whereas the elites in the surviving team to be in whatever color they chose alongside their spartan counterparts.

So yeah this is my request and I know it will go on deaf ears, this is my first comment post so forgive my lack of proper waypoint grammar oh and apologies for such a long comment. As a quick recap, it would be cool if 343 can add playable elites for the surviving faction of Firefight. It would give a new option for elite lovers to play as elites whenever they want so long as they like Firefight, and not only that but to able to play as an elite in whatever color they like and feel like a badass slaying tons of enemy aliens because they(and I) are average in online multiplayer at best.

I never seen anyone make a request similar to this so anyone here who actually knows how to actually start a petition or something is free to rip this idea and make it a thing, I just want elites in firefight mcc. Oh and sorry to all those who have to read my terribly written comment with questionable syntax or grammar.
Honestly they should add that.
After playing many MANY firefight games, why is there no option for SOLO play with the choice of difficulty? I mean with XP and all? I don't care about Custome games as they don't grant XP. Please, can we make this happen?
Hey 343, I’m curious on why you decided to add the firefight from Halo Reach but not from Halo 3 ODST. Not saying there’s anything wrong with HR firefight but it would be cool to be able to select which firefight you can play like how guys did with the different multiplayers, I’ve always had a lot more fun on ODSTs firefight for some reason, the memories of just playing as an ODST made it feel more iconic. Playing on maps like Lost platoon and crater really take me back, if anyone on this thread agrees please help get this message out. It would be amazing to play as an ODST in firefight again instead of a spartan.
Glund98 wrote:
Hey 343, I’m curious on why you decided to add the firefight from Halo Reach but not from Halo 3 ODST. Not saying there’s anything wrong with HR firefight but it would be cool to be able to select which firefight you can play like how guys did with the different multiplayers, I’ve always had a lot more fun on ODSTs firefight for some reason, the memories of just playing as an ODST made it feel more iconic. Playing on maps like Lost platoon and crater really take me back, if anyone on this thread agrees please help get this message out. It would be amazing to play as an ODST in firefight again instead of a spartan.
Yeah, the Reach "FF Limited" is garbage. Bring back proper ODST firefight and make it available for both ODST and Reach maps.
MCC reach: I play offline with my family and the new ranking and level up system doesn’t work. I’ve beat the campaign twice and played multiple firefight match’s. I don’t think it’s a problem just for me. If you intended it to be this way then I’m disappointed. Offline players should be able to unlock armor just like the others.
  • MCC Halo Game: Halo: Reach/Firefight, Courtyard, Custom Game
  • Issue: World break/non-existent area leading to kill zone
  • Repro Steps: Movement Speed - max, Jump height - max, Gravity - Normal, Unlimited use of ability and Jetpack, simply jump into rock around the bend of the road on Courtyard as shown in video (top half of screen, was split screening with brother)
  • Additional Info: Bug
Was just messing around, getting a few achievements in Custom Firefight when I stumbled upon this.
Yes it does, I got my achievements done in custom firefight for killing skirmishes/brutes/elites/grunts and hunters.
Hello,
How can i upload my Custom Firefight in to my own file share??
and i cant even play my own saved Custom Firefight?
There is no option for me to select a saved firefight game mode.

CANT DELET MY OWN POST SHOULD BE ON THE PC MCC. IFEN THIS SITE IS CREASY
MCC reach: I play offline with my family and the new ranking and level up system doesn’t work. I’ve beat the campaign twice and played multiple firefight match’s. I don’t think it’s a problem just for me. If you intended it to be this way then I’m disappointed. Offline players should be able to unlock armor just like the others.
They did intend it to be this way. Thankfully the community is speaking up about this. Let's hope 343 accepts our criticism.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 7