Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Firefight Feedback

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 7
I just want the old Reach back:
1)no split commendations (XP for "performance" and "teamwork", assists shouldn't be put into another category).
2)Offline XP, it's strange that you can go on a matchmade firefight and get unlimited ammo and lives and get max XP but you can't do a custom game on Legendary, with limited lives and ammo, all by yourself and get nothing.
3) XP cap, I've already touched on this a couple of times before but in summary, if I don't have to do that much to reach the limit (at least 17 medals) then why bother with it? I've said before that reaching the performance limit is super easy on FF and if it's a gamemode with a grenade launcher you'll hit the teamwork limit as well.
IMO, all of this is unnecessarily padding out the Seasons. I know Reach was grindy but it didn't have all this bogging it down, I'm not going to buy Gold for all of this and shall indulge this when I've gotten enough points on Microsoft rewards for 1 month. I suggest that everyone else unsatisfied with MCC:Reach to do the same.

2 related notes. 1) It'd be nice to have ODST firefight just for a small change of scenery and gameplay. 2) Plenty of people have already reported the AFK/Rubber banding issue and I believe 343 has addressed this.
Apart from that I don't really have any issues with FF. Good work 343 and thanks for all your efforts
been playing reach on MCC since it came available but have never been able to connect to a firefight match at all, it just sticks on the loading screen and doesn't go any futher..
  • Game: Halo MCC: Reach (Xbox One: Gen One)
  • Report: 4 counts, as follows:
  • Latency issues: I dont appear to have this issue when playing PvP modes, however in Firefight specifically there appears to be quite a bit of latency, to the point of rubber banding sometimes. This could be an issue with players i connect to being super far, but I'm on a Fios network with pretty decent speeds.
  • Sound Saturation/Death: If there's too much going on sound wise the game gets this weird boost effect where everything becomes over saturated sound wise, or all sound gets cut out entirely. Its not too big a deal to me, but it is jarring.
  • Graphical Lag: So I'm separating this from network lag as its unrelated. When loading in textures and shapes sometimes take minutes to load properly, if there are a lot of covenant effects, explosions and/or enemies on or off screen the game becomes choppy, indicated a severe loss of FPS. Likewise when any dropship spawns in, including pods.
  • Temporary bans when the game crashes: MCC in general, I've crashed to dash a few times in MCC and always come back to a temporary matchmaking ban. I get people leaving because they cant handle losing is a rampant problem. Personally id like to say grow up, you know who you are. But there has to be a way to distinguish between crash, and willingly leaving a match.
  • BONUS TIME: I almost forgot entirely about this one, IDLING IN SEARCH. Can we PLEASE fix the issue where you become idle, and get kicked for idling, while the game is searching for a match? I play at odd tines. It can take a while for me to get into a match. And i cant step away to grab more coffee or even pee real quick. Or, better yet, i cant doodle around on my phone while i wait for a match. PLEASE fix this? Pretty please?
Now all we need is the ODST firefight maps and a ODST we can edit for it.
Two things that I think would greatly improve the current setup:
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo Reach
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Please bring options to select Firefight game modes, difficulty, and maps similar to the rest of the MCC. Because this is one of the only places in the game that doesn't have it, it makes Firefight feel incomplete and tacked-on instead of a seamless part of the full Master Chief Collection. It's clear many folks here are put off by the current setup and this addition alone would heavily nullify a lot of the criticism leveled at this portion of the game.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 3: ODST
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: WHY IS HALO 3 ODST FIREFIGHT MISSING?! 343 has done such good work bringing the complete Halo saga to Xbox One via the MCC yet you've neglected to add one of the most important pieces of the series history. ODST literally introduced Firefight to Halo and remains a fan favorite to this day! Without it, we wouldn't even have Halo Reach's Firefight, Warzone Firefight in Halo 5, or Halo Wars 2's Firefight Blitz. It's so confusing to see the game mode proudly appear in the main menu right alongside the multiplayer and campaigns yet not have the original classic that started it all. I truly think this would be one of the last pieces of the puzzle to make MCC the complete, definitive collection it was always supposed to be and I hope this feedback from the community is heard loud and clear <3

Spoiler:
    Show
Bug: players can't trade weapons with ai unless they host the game, goes for Humans and Elites

Bug: non hosts can't order friendly covenant out of a vehicle.

Bug: melees and sword strikes don't do any damage to Jackal Shields

Bug: if you give the ai a weapon with an empty mag (host only can swap) the ai will not be able to reload the weapon and thus will stand there completely unable to attack anything as his gun isn't loaded.

Bug: assassinations not always triggering when behind an enemy. It will do the beat down but often if they're in the middle of an animation it won't trigger an assassination.

Bug: jackal shields not having the popping effect when killed
This has happened a few times recently but never before have I been disappointed in the HALO community. People have been getting into firefights and just standing around, not moving whatsoever, and I assume collecting xp after everyone else has finished the fight for them. I just think this is some -Yoink- -Yoink-, and I really hate seeing it. Just play the game. HALO is literally the bestest most funnest game to play in the history of history. Why would you not just play??
This has happened a few times recently but never before have I been disappointed in the HALO community. People have been getting into firefights and just standing around, not moving whatsoever, and I assume collecting xp after everyone else has finished the fight for them. I just think this is some -Yoink- -Yoink-, and I really hate seeing it. Just play the game. HALO is literally the bestest most funnest game to play in the history of history. Why would you not just play??
Its called afk (away from keyboard), and people do it to collect xp without playing.
Variations in the old firefight would be people would play the first drop, then hide the rest of the match, sometimes coming back and playing the bonus round.
I hope 343 sealed off the safe afk areas.
I know right you can see them in grifball, in invasion, and now firefight, like 343 must fix this problem
Its called afk (away from keyboard), and people do it to collect xp without playing.
Variations in the old firefight would be people would play the first drop, then hide the rest of the match, sometimes coming back and playing the bonus round.
People used to afk in safe spots to work on the perfection commendation, there are no commendations anymore so it doesnt matter if 343 remove these spots. We need to be able to name and shame these people who are still getting away with this. These people are the worst and should be perma banned, its not like they play anyways so they wont be missed
FLUFFYR00 wrote:
People used to afk in safe spots to work on the perfection commendation, there are no commendations anymore so it doesnt matter if 343 remove these spots. We need to be able to name and shame these people who are still getting away with this. These people are the worst and should be perma banned, its not like they play anyways so they wont be missed
Just wait till people start to afk in those spots in limited 😂😂😂
Why didn't MCC Reach Firefight use player voting for game and map selection? And also allow selection change while voting like the original? The way it was implemented in original Reach was perfect. Far fewer match quits if the players have some choice. I played a bazillion Reach Firefight matches (Inheritor player level) and not having any choice really sucks. Or let the players exclude what they don't like in the lobby.
DarthBra wrote:
Can we please for the love of God be able to chose what game type we want to play.
i agree with others that arcadefight should be heroic and that we should be able to select it via either chose or a game type selection, it was my favourite game type and cannot think of a single reason as to why it’s not permanently playable.
I agree so much with this, my friends and I have gotten fistfight, frgfight and plasma fight so many times in a row and we get arcade fight and grenade fight like 2 times every other 8 games. It’s really annoying and gets boring very fast.
Can we please just move arcade fight to its own playlist separate from the junk gamemodes? frgfight, fiestafight, plasmafight, rocketfight, sniperfight, nadefight and fistfight should be seperate.

Pretty much someone always dashboards if anything but arcadefight is the option so it seems pointless to leave them in same playlist
Give more exp in firefight. It's 20-minute games and people drop out too much.
Heroic firefight should give more exp than arcade
the "team work" bonus is unnecessary since making assists in most of the game variants is difficult, given the 8000 exp
Bug: On some game types you cannot pick up grenades. I'd need to play some original Reach Firefight matchmaking to confirm.

Bug: On rocket second shots are sometimes significantly delayed.
Trussts wrote:
Give more exp in firefight. It's 20-minute games and people drop out too much.
Heroic firefight should give more exp than arcade
the "team work" bonus is unnecessary since making assists in most of the game variants is difficult, given the 8000 exp
People drop out as they are trying to level up and some of the gametypes are trash for getting teamwork bonus.
Assists are easy. Maps with a warthog, you drive and get a person on the turret, have them get 15-20 kills and you will get maximum teamwork bonus. Arcadefight choose grenade launcher and emp everything until you have 15-20 assists, maximum teamwork bonus again
ODST Firefight coming in the future?
I still find it ridiculous and rather sad that 343 was still too lazy to fix the Infinite Ammo in FF to include grenades.
Bring Halo 4 Spartan Ops to Firefight Matchmaking where you can play random mission from the episodes!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 7