Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

MCC Insider - Corruption Issue (7/6)

OP ske7ch

Good afternoon MCC Insiders!

If you're currently participating in Flight 3 Early Access, please note that the team is aware of and investigating reports of issues involving corrupted installations using the new Intelligent Delivery feature.

If you have not used Intelligent Delivery and just have the full default installation of the MCC Insider Build, you SHOULD be fine!

In some cases, a chunk of content that's installed via Intelligent Delivery configuration ends up corrupted. If this happens, you'll be unable to join matchmaking or custom games (same goes for if anyone else in the lobby has this issue) or launch campaign (depending on which 'chunk' of the game is corrupted). Unfortunately this issue doesn't present itself in a super obvious way (nor is it easy to tell if the problem is with your content or your friends in the party).

Right now this issue is preventing most players from successfully joining matchmaking sessions since if any one player in the lobby has corrupted content, the session will not load.

One way to check and see if you have corrupted chunks is to load up a custom game of H2 and H3 - if everything looks ok and loads up properly then congratulations, you don't have corrupted chunks! You should be able to join matchmaking.

You may be suffering from "corrupted chunks" if:
  • You're missing maps/modes in custom game menus
  • Languages change unexpectedly when navigating in and out of menus
  • Game modes are duplicated in custom games
  • Unable to launch into Matchmaking or Custom games (this will look like a long loading screen and then will return to the main menu)
If you're impacted by this issue - you should manually delete the MCC Insider build and then re-install it again (get the default full build and avoid changing any of the Intelligent Delivery options). Once completed, you should be able to resume matchmaking.

The team is working on this now and as soon as a fix is identified will work to get a new update to the Insider Build.

In the meantime, thank you for your feedback and testing support - and remember this is exactly the kind of thing we look to uncover and solve via flighting (particularly early access).

thanks!
Thanks for the update! I'll get it reinstalling then!

I did report a bug through the insider hub with intelligent delivery on Tuesday as the download sizes exceeded what was shown as the total when the download started. Not sure if this is related

I wish you good luck getting this fixed 🙂
I re-installed the game several times without touching the intelligent delivery and its still not working.
Everytime I start something from Halo 3 the game fails to load and either crash or kick me back to the main menu.
I hope you fix this.

And maybe its help, Im from germany.
I re-installed the game several times without touching the intelligent delivery and its still not working.
Everytime I start something from Halo 3 the game fails to load and either crash or kick me back to the main menu.
I hope you fix this.

And maybe its help, Im from germany.
Yep, I have the same problem (I'm from Italy though).
Was hoping for a fix in the newest build, but sadly H3 still doesn't work...
I uninstalled my build yesterday and installed the temporary build as requested. I was unable to launch the game after that. It kept getting the “something went wrong” error. Hopefully that doesn’t take me out of the mission contest. I’ll try downloading the new build today.

Edit - I'm now able to open the temporary build, 1.466.1.0. Now awaiting for it to tell me 1.467- 1.470 is available for download.
I followed the instructions from the email from yesterday (7-19) for version 1.467 and I've tried twice but it won't install that version, I still have the 1.466.1.0 version, and I have restarted my Xbox as well to see if that would help. Thanks and please let me know what to do.
I followed the instructions from the email from yesterday (7-19) for version 1.467 and I've tried twice but it won't install that version, I still have the 1.466.1.0 version, and I have restarted my Xbox as well to see if that would help. Thanks and please let me know what to do.
Can we even download it yet? It's 9:10 PT and on the other page the time is still TBD today?
No, because they need a few hundred people to do steps 1–3; so, apparently, there haven’t been enough of us fans yet doing so which, in all honesty, is a shame. There should be tens of thousands of fans willing to fix and save TMCC.

I remind you that the official play session is supposed to commence in 2 hours and 20 min. I hope it’s gonna take place right on time.

EDIT

Well, it didn’t. Instead, the whole play session has been postponed. But never mind. I’m gonna start to test in a couple of minutes after having downloaded the current build.

I tell you I’m very excited, guys. :)
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
My Halo 4 is corrupted. Tried uninstalling from the intelligent delivery settings and re-downloading but it's still the exact same. Should I wait until there's a new build before I download again or do I have to un-install the whole game? Asking because my internet isn't the fastest.
My Halo 4 is corrupted. Tried uninstalling from the intelligent delivery settings and re-downloading but it's still the exact same. Should I wait until there's a new build before I download again or do I have to un-install the whole game? Asking because my internet isn't the fastest.
Hey J, It sounds like you need to manually delete the entire MCC Insider build and then re-install it again. Do not use the intelligent installation feature.
I had a similar problem tonight with Halo 4.

Around 31% into installing it as the final option in the installation queue, it ceased updated and whenever reactivated to keep downloading, it would fail. After deselecting Halo 4 from my queue, the update finished instead of stopping and failing to continue the update.
Ups, I have posted on wrong thread.

Spoiler:
Show
I seem to have lost a couple other installed games during installation with no message about deleting content. I have an external 1 TB drive ,but am installing MCC insider to internal 1 TB drive on xbonex.

Update: Lost another installed title. Show MCC inside as 0% installed while I was playing it?

Update 2: After restart MCC Insider gone from HD. Lost COD WW2, Sea of Theives, and PUBG installs!

thanks
I can't reinstall the game, when going through the Xbox Insider App and then "Show in store" the install option is greyed out. It's not in my Ready to install list via My games & apps either. *edit* Reseting my Xbox as per troubleshooting resolved the issue.
i cant get on MCC download in my insider program its only comming up pubg and mine craft how is this i cant get on and followed the same instuctions as my freind hes can get on but i cant? broke much :(
i cant get on MCC download in my insider program its only comming up pubg and mine craft how is this i cant get on and followed the same instuctions as my freind hes can get on but i cant? broke much :(
Have a read over the troubleshooting guides noted below. If you still have issues after that (though both topics cover pretty much everything) then feel free to add a comment in the Insiders Discussion thread (2nd link):
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/84ad72a8b51847978545f685f651fc15/topics/mcc-insiders-troubleshooting-guide/dc125031-48db-43fa-89f4-28edf33f08ba/postshttps://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/84ad72a8b51847978545f685f651fc15/topics/mcc-insider-program---official-discussion-thread/c2478d4d-f3b7-4636-bd19-589faefaef41/posts
On the insider app it says that I joined the mcc insider program but it won’t let me install it and continues to say pending. I don’t know the problem and could use some help.
CBK Mike wrote:
On the insider app it says that I joined the mcc insider program but it won’t let me install it and continues to say pending. I don’t know the problem and could use some help.
Please see the troubleshooting topic and the Insider Discussion topic for help on this.