MCC Insider - Flight 3 Feedback - Campaign

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11
Please use this official thread to share any and all CAMPAIGN FEEDBACK for the MCC Insider Flight #3 EARLY ACCESS period (week of July 2).
  • You can read more about the MCC Insider Flight #3 HERE.
  • Flight 3 Multiplayer Feedback can be provided HERE.
  • Flight 3 Misc/Other Feedback can be provided HERE.
If you encounter an issue or have a suggestion or general feedback related to MCC CAMPAIGN, please include as much detail as possible.

• MCC HALO GAME: please specify which game within MCC you're providing feedback for
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: please be as detailed as possible.
  • REPRO STEPS: If it's a bug/issue, please provide the steps taken to reproduce this bug (if applicable)
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: If you have a screenshot, game clip, or other supporting material, please provide the link in your post.
Thank you for your participation in the MCC Insider Program!
Is intelligent delivery active or do we have to install the entire package?
Is intelligent delivery active or do we have to install the entire package?
Intelligent Delivery is active with support for all games campaign and multiplayer (minus ODST, which isn't enabled in this one!)
By default the update will kick off ALL content for installation. However, once it reaches the "Now Playable" part of installation, my understanding is that you can launch the build at that point and then use Intelligent Delivery to de-select components you don't want to install. If you do nothing, you'll get the entire package (which for the sake of this test is pretty helpful since we want as much coverage across the whole game as possible :)
Did the campaigns receive any fixes, apart from the improved netcode for co-op? As a solo player, I'm a little confused about what I need to test here, because as far as I can remember, all the MCC blog updates were about the multiplayer side of things, with the exception of that tidbit about the lack of dual wielding Elites in H2A. So, is there something new or we just need to test them to see if the work that went into MP didn't inadvertently break something?

Anyway, I was craving for some Halo SP action these days, so the timing of this build couldn't have been more lovely! :D
Noticed that ODST is locked even though I have it on normal MCC. Is it because I got it for free then you guys handed it out after the MCC launch? I checked the store page and it doesn't give me an option to buy it again (I would in a heartbeat haha) or is it just locked for this insider build?
Noticed that ODST is locked even though I have it on normal MCC. Is it because I got it for free then you guys handed it out after the MCC launch? I checked the store page and it doesn't give me an option to buy it again (I would in a heartbeat haha) or is it just locked for this insider build?
ODST is not in this flight. So locked for this build.
ODST is not in this flight. So locked for this build.
Ah makes sense. Made the mistake of installing it first so now I gotta wait for Halo 3 haha
CE campaign is working as expected. My arms keep getting goosebumps though.
Will Halo Reach ever be added to the collection? Because you do get a slap shot of him in it for a second, unlike that of Halo 3 ODST. I understand that the ODST game was added for the effect of the title Halo 3 being in it. However, that's worth as much as the tid bit of sight we have of the master chief in Halo Reach in my opinion.
Will Halo Reach ever be added to the collection? Because you do get a slap shot of him in it for a second, unlike that of Halo 3 ODST. I understand that the ODST game was added for the effect of the title Halo 3 being in it. However, that's worth as much as the tid bit of sight we have of the master chief in Halo Reach in my opinion.
Please use this thread for feedback requests:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/84ad72a8b51847978545f685f651fc15/topics/mcc---your-top-new-feature-wishlist-item/54b47b48-4846-42c7-bde2-fc2cbc932e5d/postsShould note that 343 did address this very early on and Reach is currently out of scope for the current updates
I understand it's only a few hours since the flight went live, but can we get a patchlist please. There's no way to tell what has/hasn't been fixed. Keep up the good work.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo: CE
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Pause menu pops up by itself at start of Halo mission in Halo: CE (not sure if it happens during other levels as well)
  • REPRO STEPS: Complete Pillar of Autumn mission, start Halo mission
I noticed the lighting in Halo CE (Anniversary mode) is pretty wacky, at least on the 1st level. It seems very bright and not lit correctly, you can see this right after getting out of the cryo pod. After you leave the room and go down the hallway (where the crewman explodes), the lighting seems to revert to normal. Going back in the room makes it super bright again, so you can reproduce this on the fly.

I noticed similar effects later in the level, like where the cryopods eject (and one gets blown up). I don't remember this visual glitch happening in the current retail version of MCC.

Classic mode seemed to be in working order.
Delta4907 wrote:
I noticed the lighting in Halo CE (Anniversary mode) is pretty wacky, at least on the 1st level. It seems very bright and not lit correctly, you can see this right after getting out of the cryo pod. After you leave the room and go down the hallway (where the crewman explodes), the lighting seems to revert to normal. Going back in the room makes it super bright again, so you can reproduce this on the fly.

I noticed similar effects later in the level, like where the cryopods eject (and one gets blown up). I don't remember this visual glitch happening in the current retail version of MCC.

I noticed this too. Exact same spot. Seems to have affected shadows as well. The fire behind the door that explodes and kills the crewman used to cast these really cool shadows that bounced around with the flames, but no longer. I make a clip showing them in the current MCC then it switches to the flight 3 insider build showing they're gone: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/mrmartini85/video/54732485
Hey hi!

This is a bug that was in OG MCC as well.

Game: Halo2 - Anniversary or Classic

Issue: Radio transmissions from on screen characters won't travel with player. (This wasn't an issue in H2 on OG Xbox) Example: If Sgt. Johnson has an on screen model, and you walk away from him, for certain scenes (see clip) the radio transmission is supposed to be heard. However, in MCC, the transmission kind of just sticks to the character's (in this case, Johnson's) vicinity. You can hear him fine if you're right up next to him, but if you walk away, the voice doesn't travel.

Repro steps: Any scene where this occurs, really. Johnson at the beginning of Cairo Station saying "LET'EM HAVE IT!" but be close to the bulkhead. The clip below (Outskirts). Sgt. Banks yelling at the Scarab (New Mombassa). Etc.

Clip: https://twitter.com/Ka_Five/status/1013965071012200453?s=19
Delta4907 wrote:

I noticed this too. Exact same spot. Seems to have affected shadows as well. The fire behind the door that explodes and kills the crewman used to cast these really cool shadows that bounced around with the flames, but no longer. I make a clip showing them in the current MCC then it switches to the flight 3 insider build showing they're gone: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/mrmartini85/video/54732485
Not only that, but the lighting in the silent cartographer is messed up too. The game uses the outside lighting once you first enter the stucture, and then the original lighting returns once you descend down the ramp.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Lighting issue in Anniversary mode that is not present in other versions of Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary.
  • REPRO STEPS:
  1. Start the Mission "The Pillar of Autumn".
  2. Stay in Anniversary graphics. That is where the issue is.
  3. Do the tutorial. (If playing on Easy/Normal)
  4. Leave the Cryo room. (Essentially the first door you see)
  5. Move towards the pipes in the second room. And prior to getting to the pipes the lighting snaps to another.
  6. If you then proceed to walk back to the Cryo room, the lighting snaps back.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO:
  1. This glitch is not present in the 360 version of the game.
  2. This glitch is not present in the old version of MCC. Aka this is purely a Flight 3 issue.
Halo CEA still has those texture bugs the retail MCC had as well, look at the PoA engines in the opening of the first mission and the mountains at the start of The Maw

It might be just me but my one x makes more noise than normal, esp. when I pause

Edit: My xbox was just dusty lol, can confirm lighting bug, and I super dig the slight pause menu changes
Yes hello I'd like to report a problem, Halo 4 looks way too good and I think it needs a nerf so I don't keep getting distracted by these vis... by uhm... brb gotta look at Halo 4 some more
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11