Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Insider - Flight 3 Feedback - Campaign

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 13
Delta4907 wrote:
I noticed the lighting in Halo CE (Anniversary mode) is pretty wacky, at least on the 1st level. It seems very bright and not lit correctly, you can see this right after getting out of the cryo pod. After you leave the room and go down the hallway (where the crewman explodes), the lighting seems to revert to normal. Going back in the room makes it super bright again, so you can reproduce this on the fly.

I noticed similar effects later in the level, like where the cryopods eject (and one gets blown up). I don't remember this visual glitch happening in the current retail version of MCC.

Classic mode seemed to be in working order.
I noticed this too. Exact same spot. Seems to have affected shadows as well. The fire behind the door that explodes and kills the crewman used to cast these really cool shadows that bounced around with the flames, but no longer. I make a clip showing them in the current MCC then it switches to the flight 3 insider build showing they're gone: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/mrmartini85/video/54732485
Not only that, but the lighting in the silent cartographer is messed up too. The game uses the outside lighting once you first enter the stucture, and then the original lighting returns once you descend down the ramp.
You mean THIS?

*edit: I've found a bunch of these. As previously mentioned, on The Pillar of Autumn. More on The Silent Cartographer (when you encounter the second Hunter pair ... well, the first pair once you get past the locked door and start your descent to the cartographer). And upon entering the "this cave is not a natural formation" cave on "Halo".
Game: Halo 2
Issue: Vanishing Phantom, mission "Regret".

This one has been known a while. And I assume many of these low-priority bugs took a back seat to things like fixing the matchmaking, 4K enhancement, and HDR support, which is understandable. But I'm bringing it up here because I know there are going to be more updates and I don't them to be forgotten. The Phantom is supposed to fly in and drop off a Hunter pair, but often times it'll de-spawn before doing so. Here's a clip of the bug.
Just played around a bit to see all the games in fancy new 4k. Few minor issues so far from ~half hr of solo campaign:
- Cutscenes in H2A got slightly de-synched from the audio. Like a quarter second, but enough to be noticeable. Only cutscene I watched through was the one immediately prior to delta halo.
- Still get minor frame drops in H2A fairly frequently. Mission tested was delta halo on normal on the X -- looks gorgeous though =D.

This one has been known a while. And I assume many of these low-priority bugs took a back seat to things like fixing the matchmaking, 4K enhancement, and HDR support, which is understandable. But I'm bringing it up here because I know there are going to be more updates and I don't them to be forgotten. The Phantom is supposed to fly in and drop off a Hunter pair, but often times it'll de-spawn before doing so. Here's a clip of the bug.
Just a heads up, this is a popular speed-running trick -- generally 343 has been leaving these in the game to not mess w/ that community.

Just a heads up, this is a popular speed-running trick -- generally 343 has been leaving these in the game to not mess w/ that community.
Interesting. Is there a way to guarantee it'll de-spawn? Seems pretty random when I play. If you're timing a speed run, you'd kinda need to know whether you're going up against those Hunters or not.
  • FIXED, SEE BOTTOM OF POST.
  • GAME: Halo 2: Anniversary campaign
  • ISSUE: Cannot successfully start any campaign missions. Selecting quickstart results in infinite loading screen. Selecting specific mission results in a second or two of loading, then complete freeze/music stops.
  • ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
  • Part of the Alpha Skip Ahead program
  • OS version: 10.0.17134.4056
  • Xbox One X
  • Am able to launch other campaigns successfully
  • Utilized intelligent delivery during installation of all games, switching priorities (unsure of exact order)
  • Completed force quit of game multiple times and console restart
  • Submitted two "report a problem" reports (quickstart vs individual mission select)
  • Removed H2:A campaign (unchecked) and re-added to redownload. Same issue.
  • Removed saved data (local and cloud)
  • Removed reserved space
DISCOVERED THE FIX: Had to completely remove the MCC insider build and fully re-download from scratch via the store page. Did NOT utilize intelligent delivery this time. Halo 2: Anniversary is now launching.
Game: Halo 4
Issue: pausing game will cause music to cease upon unpausing game.
Repro steps: music will either resume after a few moments or not again until the next music cue. Not the biggest bug in the world, but a little weird.
Delta4907 wrote:
I noticed the lighting in Halo CE (Anniversary mode) is pretty wacky, at least on the 1st level. It seems very bright and not lit correctly, you can see this right after getting out of the cryo pod. After you leave the room and go down the hallway (where the crewman explodes), the lighting seems to revert to normal. Going back in the room makes it super bright again, so you can reproduce this on the fly.

I noticed similar effects later in the level, like where the cryopods eject (and one gets blown up). I don't remember this visual glitch happening in the current retail version of MCC.

Classic mode seemed to be in working order.
Same issue here. The game partially corrected itself but there were still issues.
In Halo: CE the music will revert to classic despite my having it on remastered after a death or resuming the mission. (from the main menu)

Repro Steps: Start any CEA mission with anniversary music preference, die or quit/resume. Music will then be classic.
Halo CE:
Dialogue sounds quiet compared to sound effects and music.
Game froze for about 3 seconds on “Pillar of Autumn” after picking up the pistol.
Lighting changes abruptly when entering and leaving forerunner tunnels on “Halo”
Can’t activate video terminal on “The Silent Cartographer”
Game: Halo 4
Problem: Seemingly at random, the dialogue will be completely silent. All other sounds are fine and the subtitles still pop up as well as the character portraits if applicable, but there'll be no vocal dialogue.
Repduction: I... Don't know. It really seems to be random.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 3
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: The Marine Sergeants' faces are super white when compared to the original Halo 3
  • REPRO STEPS: Just look at a Sergeant
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: This is a MCC thing as it's been there since launch
  • MCC HALO GAME: any
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Music from a game different that the one you're about to play plays
  • REPRO STEPS: If I go into the Halo 3 campaign menu after playing Halo 2, a random H3 track will start but will almost immediately be replaced by a Halo 2 track. I assume this happens with every game
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: I'll have a clip ready but it looks like this doesn't always occur
Game: Halo: CEA
Mission: The Silent Cartographer
Issue: The subtitles are off in one area in particular (the only mistake that I've noticed); after the Covenant locks the Control Center's doors, there's a radio conversation with Keyes. He actually says "We have to get to the Center before the Covenant. And failure, people, is not an option." However the subtitles read "...the failure, people..."

Personal Issue: I'm a bit bummed after trying out the language packs. I attempted both Russian text and audio, but the only things that it worked for were the menus and Halo 4 (both text and audio worked for that game). Will the final release have full language support, or at least full text support?
  • Game: Halo 4
  • Problem: No audio using standard 3.5 mm headphones on Xbox One X
  • Reproduction: I'm using the standard included XB1X controller that came with the system, and old iPhone earbuds. Sound works fine in all other games, included Halo 1-3, but in 4 I can only hear menu clicks once the game itself starts.
Not an issue, but DSAKFJDSAFDJS Halo 1 / 2 / 4 look GORGEOUS in 4k! Does 3 have the same enhancements the 360 version got, just now at 60 fps? Or is it the original MCC version + 4k enhanced?
Audio compression is still an serious issue. Halo CEa,Halo 2c,Halo 4,and Halo 3 all these games need to fix. Such as the weapon sound, music and dialogue. They all sound very quiet compare to the original version, especially when I using my headphone the sound is really out of the og version badly. You can check out in this video. This both need to fix whether in campaign or multiplayer

https://youtu.be/0ZcO_YzhhI4

Plz check it out
-CE cutscenes seems to be more jerky than I remember (could just be me but sometimes it skips around 3 seconds of the scene while the audio plays), objects phase through each other excessively in Remastered
-When Selecting CE campaign Halo 4's theme plays
-Activating a CE terminal and finishing the clip will launch the Retail MCC, not the insider program (though I suppose that makes sense since "Halo Chanel" redirects the process)
  • MCC HALO GAME: ALL Games
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: I believe the cutscenes should be rendered in native 4k. From what I can tell the h2a cutscenes are just scaled from 1080p.
GAME: Halo CE
ISSUE: Starting terminal on 2nd level (Halo) caused MCC (original) to launch
STEPS:
  • Selected only all campaign downloads for intelligent delivery
  • As soon as Halo CE ready, started Normal campaign with no tweaks
  • On level Halo started Arriving on Halo terminal
  • Halo Channel launched, and after logo, stuck on white screen
  • Opened guide and selected MCC Insider
  • As soon as back in MCC Insider, the game switched back to Halo Channel
  • After login screen the terminal video actually started this time
  • After a few seconds just pressed B to return to MCC Insider, but was returned to an already running MCC
  • Opened guide to confirm MCC running instead of MCC Insider. MCC Insider was further down the guide list.
I have Thursday morning off (eastern time) I’m wondering if anyone wants to try to speed run/normal play, try to break the game and see if we can do the rubber band parallel world. (Desync glitch?) I’m pretty sure no one has figured out why it happens, but I have a feeling it only happens online. With the improved connectivity it may fix it.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 13