Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Insider - Flight 3 Feedback - Campaign

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 13
ske7ch wrote:
Game: Halo 2
Issue: Vanishing Phantom, mission "Regret".

This one has been known a while. And I assume many of these low-priority bugs took a back seat to things like fixing the matchmaking, 4K enhancement, and HDR support, which is understandable. But I'm bringing it up here because I know there are going to be more updates and I don't them to be forgotten. The Phantom is supposed to fly in and drop off a Hunter pair, but often times it'll de-spawn before doing so. Here's a clip of the bug.
Hey MrMartini85 - we can't seem to access that link / it's not working. Any chance you can try and post it again for us? Thanks for the feedback!
That's odd, they're all doing that now ... well, all of them from Xbox.com. And none of them are appearing on xboxdvr.com.

... alright, try this: https://i.imgur.com/5qUhuGV.mp4
HALODUDED wrote:
HALODUDED wrote:
HALODUDED wrote:
Hi,
I encounter two voice issues in separate mission and games first when I killed Johnson in Halo 3 on the mission halo he tried to tell me to stop hurting him, his lips moved but he did not say anything.

The second was on Spartin ops on the episode departure and the chapter core, in this situation at the very start Palmer's lips moved on the small picture of her but I did not hear anything. But I did have the Rare combat dialogue becomes more common skull on in this situation not in the halo 3 situation with Sgt Johnson though.

Also, I do have a game clip of Palmer I am just unsure how to upload or link it to these forums any help would be appreciated.
Hey,
I also experienced the Palmer issue as well (captions still work), but I didn't have any skulls turned on. For the clip, what I would do is upload it to youtube unlisted and just post the link here.
Thanks for the info man. Appreciated.
The video link for Palmer's voice problem in Spartin ops Episode Departure chapter Core. LInk:https://youtu.be/tTNG-cev6hA
This is the video link for the Sgt Johnson voice glitch/problem, where he moves his lips but does not utter a single work. The link:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cV9r0uCeNg&feature=youtu.be

I am kinda worried actually it looks like he was casting a satanic curse on me...... well the chief.
I've played the 4 first Halo CE mission so far. First thing : the game looks very good on X. I wasn't a huge fan of the Anniversary edition at first, but with UHD the game it's amazing.
# Issue1
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo CEA
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: very little (but noticable) lip synch delay during cutscenes
  • REPRO STEPS: /
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: Looks like an audio mixage thing ?
# Issue 2
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Crash to dashboard
  • REPRO STEPS: during Truth and Reconciliation, half level
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: /
# Issue 3
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Pause menu at the beginning of mission, while music + cutscene is playing
  • REPRO STEPS: Truth and Reconciliation, Silent Cartographer
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: i can resume game without issue
In the Silent Cartographer in cea remastered graphics, there's a floating polygon in the shaft just outside the window where the door the covenant lock is. Its been there since the 360 game but it bothers me and I figure I should mention it.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 4
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: random AI dialogue is in the wrong language
  • REPRO STEPS: Based on the fact that my language is French, I noticed that while the "mandatory" dialogue is indeed in French, random chatter from Marines (and likely Spartans though I haven't tried) is still in English. This applies to Spartan Ops as well. You just need to start a mission/chapter with Marines in it to check it out
Hey, I just tried playing H3 and the sound began looping loudly before crashing during a load.

here is what was going on when it crashed:

-I had HCEA, H2 and H3 downloaded.
-I turned off the download for ODST and instead prioritized H4 after languages were done.
-During my H2A campaign play-session, languages finished downloading and H4's download started.
-I quit the mission early and went to go play some H3 campaign
-selected Sierra 117 on normal with no skulls or scoring.
-crashed during load.

Im not sure if any of these details help.

Oh also to note, the menu themes were out of order. H2 was playing H4's menu theme and H3 had H2's menu theme
Game: Halo 2 Anniversary
Mission: Metropolis
Error: When the Scarab moves over Bravo Company, it always ends up hitting the radar toward that's to the right of Sgt. Briggs. This results in marines often being killed by the collision, and sometimes the player if they're not in cover back in the hallway. This problem wasn't present in Halo 2, and first cropped up when Halo 2:A came out.
I definitely remember getting killed by this while playing.

I can't remember if it was only in MCC though.
I'm pretty sure it is, but I can test and see if it's in Halo 2 original too. I seem to remember always jumping up that ledge because you jump significantly higher while under the Scarab.
I was about to ask if anyone else noticed this. I noticed during flight 2, across all maps and modes but especially on The Pit, the ambient sounds were much louder than gunfire/nades/footsteps (effects) in H3, which was kind of annoying. I just tried start of Flight 3, Halo 2:A and Halo 3 campaigns, the audio balance seemed fine for H2:A but wrong for Halo 3. Music, background character chatter and ambient sounds were much louder than effects.

I also noticed the H2:A aim felt fine but H3 felt loose (a little faster than H2:A at all times) and slippery (occasionally felt even faster, and a couple of times darted). The dead zones seem too large and possibly some input lag giving it the slippery feel (or maybe it's tied to frame rate so it's speed alters as frames drop and increase? though frames seem fairly smooth).

Update: OG H3 on backwards compatible, audio balance whilst not perfect, does sound a little better than MCC:Is Flight 2&3 H3 I think.
Aim on OG H3 seems fine to me, I think the dead zones were quite large anyway.
I also noticed on Flight 3s H3 there seemed to be reduced aim assist compared to OG H3. In MCC:I the AA seems fine up close but disappears quicker at medium and longer ranges than in OG H3, it felt like (I noticed it compared to H2:A but wasn't sure if this was deliberate and present in OG H3 so had to go back and try that).
The differences between OG H3 and MCC:I H3 aiming are not as stark as the differences between H2:A and MCC:I H3 aiming but are present, I think.
At MCC's launch, the three biggest problems with Halo 3 were aiming/deadzones, overly bright/washed out image, and audio (I think the stereo channels were swapped or something like that). It's concerning that at least two of these three areas are still showing issues.
Game: Halo 2 Anniversary
Mission: Metropolis
Error: When the Scarab moves over Bravo Company, it always ends up hitting the radar toward that's to the right of Sgt. Briggs. This results in marines often being killed by the collision, and sometimes the player if they're not in cover back in the hallway. This problem wasn't present in Halo 2, and first cropped up when Halo 2:A came out.
I can confirm that the scarab knocking over the antenna on Metropolis and sometimes killing Marines or Chief did happen on the original Halo 2, but not always. It was somewhat uncommon.
Bug report:

Ive noticed the water puddles on Requiem in Halo 4 still dont have the ripple affect that the 360 version has when you drive through them in a warthog.
I have a new Bug to report (not sure if you guys already know, I assume you would seeing as its pretty old) in H2A multiplayer, the reloading sound for certain weapons like the BR and AR sometimes dont play
I couldn't get H2A Campaign to load at all. It was selected as part of the intelligent delivery system. I'd select a mission and start it, the loading screen would get to about 85% complete and then I would get booted to dashboard. I'll post a link on my Twitter account of video. I've uninstalled the H2A campaign and am reinstalling it now, will update if that fixes the issue.

Halo 4 - I think I posted this in a different thread by accident. Mission Midnight, when Cortana is on my HUD and talking, her audio doesn't play thru. When she is not on the HUD and talking I can hear her just fine.

Halo CE - Pillar of Autumn: Terminal isn't working, and when I close out of Halo Channel, it sends me to dashboard, when I get back into the game the moment I resume it send me directly back to Halo Channel a second time and need to repeat the process to get back into the build. Notice that the explosions just prior to the Covenant boarding vessels attach...the game freezes for about 2 seconds. Both times. The ending cutscene, the shots of the PoA getting hit by Covenant plasma bolts are still the arrow placeholders.
I’d like to report a bug. I was in the second campaign level in Zanzibar beach when I activated a terminal that called up the halo channel. When I finished the vid the game crashed and threw me out of the game.
Game: Halo CE Anniversary
Level: Every one so far

Issue: As soon as the level loads the pause menu automatically comes up at the begging of the intro cinematic. It has happened on every level I have played so far.
I have noticed during the opening cutscenes for the first mission for Halo CE some movement was laggy. For instance when Captain Keyes starts to walk around the corner in the "bridge room" his movement is laggy. When Sgt. Johnson enters the barracks with his warthog the movement of the vehicle is laggy.
I'm playing Halo CE on classic graphics so I dont know if that's the problem and it could be a problem with my TV but I've never had this problem before. I will try and send a video if I encounter this problem again.
Game: Halo 2
Issue: Vanishing Phantom, mission "Regret".

This one has been known a while. And I assume many of these low-priority bugs took a back seat to things like fixing the matchmaking, 4K enhancement, and HDR support, which is understandable. But I'm bringing it up here because I know there are going to be more updates and I don't them to be forgotten. The Phantom is supposed to fly in and drop off a Hunter pair, but often times it'll de-spawn before doing so. Here's a clip of the bug.
Just a heads up, this is a popular speed-running trick -- generally 343 has been leaving these in the game to not mess w/ that community.
Interesting. Is there a way to guarantee it'll de-spawn? Seems pretty random when I play. If you're timing a speed run, you'd kinda need to know whether you're going up against those Hunters or not.
Yes, for sure! I would recomend checking out haloruns.com and to go watch the regret world record under the MCC catagory. If you have any questions you can join the haloruns discord to get intouch with the community. Have a good day!
Downloaded the Halo 4 campaign to see if a certain issue was fixed, and it was not. The lighting in final cutscene for the level Reclaimer is still broken. It's been broken for years now, and in this most recent Flight, it remains broken.

Also, during my playthrough of the same level, the dialogue disappeared after I recovered Cortana after the Librarian cutscene. All other audio was still there, and the dialogue returned once I made it to the tank section.
Right after the warthog was dropped off on the second mission in Halo CE I flipped it with two marines on board (I haven't drove the hog in awhile lol). I got out of the warthog and went to flip it back over and when I did I noticed the marines were running back towards the area where they started instead of getting back in the warthog.

To reproduce this bug just flip a warthog on Halo CE with marines on board.
USCRuss72 wrote:
I have noticed during the opening cutscenes for the first mission for Halo CE some movement was laggy. For instance when Captain Keyes starts to walk around the corner in the "bridge room" his movement is laggy. When Sgt. Johnson enters the barracks with his warthog the movement of the vehicle is laggy.
I'm playing Halo CE on classic graphics so I dont know if that's the problem and it could be a problem with my TV but I've never had this problem before. I will try and send a video if I encounter this problem again.
I don't have the update and that happens when I play the level.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 13