Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Insider - Flight 3 Feedback - Campaign

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 13
I noticed while I was selecting a mission to play in Halo 2, the menu music changed to Halo 4.

I remember in the official MCC the music changes to what game menu you are currently browsing. I don’t know if this is an intentional change or a bug.
Ka Five wrote:
Hey hi!

This is a bug that was in OG MCC as well.

Game: Halo2 - Anniversary or Classic

Issue: Radio transmissions from on screen characters won't travel with player. (This wasn't an issue in H2 on OG Xbox) Example: If Sgt. Johnson has an on screen model, and you walk away from him, for certain scenes (see clip) the radio transmission is supposed to be heard. However, in MCC, the transmission kind of just sticks to the character's (in this case, Johnson's) vicinity. You can hear him fine if you're right up next to him, but if you walk away, the voice doesn't travel.

Repro steps: Any scene where this occurs, really. Johnson at the beginning of Cairo Station saying "LET'EM HAVE IT!" but be close to the bulkhead. The clip below (Outskirts). Sgt. Banks yelling at the Scarab (New Mombassa). Etc.

Clip: https://twitter.com/Ka_Five/status/1013965071012200453?s=19
I found a similar issue in Mombasa streets, but actually opposite. I could be wrong, but I thought I remembered that if you walked closer to Johnson as he is talking in the pelican in the courtyard his voice switched from radio to his actual voice. When I played last night it sounded like he was over the radio even when I was next to him.

Like I said, I could be wrong about that being different. I do know this was a feature in H3, it is possible I am confusing them.
MCC HALO GAME: Halo ce anniversary

ISSUE/FEEDBACK: during the mission pillar of autumn on legendary difficulty. when you meet up with a marine that says to follow him, when you run into the room there's a marine laying down on the floor with his back up agaisnt a blast shield. It seems it a rendering bug issue or something but it makes the marine switch between builds.
REPRO STEPS: if you run back and forth you can toggle between the weird rendering issue.

ADDITIONAL INFO: Video footage
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 2
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: after resuming my campaign i started yesterday (i left the game between yesterday and todat), the screen was white with only the writings which can be seen.
  • REPRO STEPS: i saved and quit my game right after Johnson put his turret at the top of the stairs, the next day (today) i started it over by resuming my Halo 2 campaign and all i had was a white screen with the writings. I tried switching graphics and last checkpoint, none of these worked, but when i restarted the mission, it was all gone.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: Sorry no screenshot or video, but i'm on PRE-RELEASE | 1.445.0.0 |, i'm playing on Xbox One X with the Preview ALPHA Skip Ahead RS51810-R42 Build:RSXBOXDEVFLIGHT\17707.1001.180629-1900.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo: Combat Evolved
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: 1) Grunts not spawning after getting pistol from Keyes 2) Pistol dissapearing after getting AR 3) Marines will not shoot you, even you have betrayed 5.
  • REPRO STEPS:
  1. Start the Mission "The Pillar of Autumn".
  2. Do the tutorial.
  3. Leave the Cryo room.
  4. Pause the game for 15 mins.
  5. Go get pistol
  6. Skip cutscene
  • ADDITIONAL INFO:
  1. Has never happened in MCC or original game.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 3
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Audio cut out multiple times during Arrival, Sierra 117 & Crows Nest during a single play through. Audio cut out again on Sierra 117 on a second play through; audio on Arrival was good the second time through. .
  • REPRO STEPS: Random loss of audio.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: This is likely unrelated to MCC build; however a secondary issue occurred on my 2nd play through of S117 where a phantom was stuck in the forest near the ground blocking most of the path. This happened in the jungle area near the downed pelican before you get to Johnson. The phantom included a Chieftain that I was able to kill and take his hammer... never had this happen before on my numerous times through H3 campaign outside of MCC.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 2
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: PGCR shows Phantoms as vehicles killed when they're not destructible in Halo 2.
  • REPRO STEPS: No idea. Screen below is from Quarantine Zone where the only Phantoms are friendly, so it's either because I destroyed three Phantom turrets (in which case the icon should be a Phantom turret though that may not be do-able, but most of all they should be red) or because it represents Enforcers, as I'm pretty sure I destroyed a couple but they're not appearing in the PGCR
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: https://twitter.com/Imlevelzer0/status/1014452638153355264
  • MCC HALO GAME: any
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: when Scoring is activated, you will lose points for reverting to last checkpoint AFTER getting killed and/or if a friendly AI kills you. None of those situations seem fair to me.
  • REPRO STEPS: Well it's pretty self-explanatory isn't it
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: when Scoring is activated, you will lose points for reverting to last checkpoint AFTER getting killed and/or if a friendly AI kills you. None of those situations seem fair to me.
not a bug its supposed to be like that. You lose points for dying.
not a bug its supposed to be like that. You lose points for dying.
I disagree.
(Sorry for the triple post)
Please use the edit button in future
Will do, stckrboy

I disagree.
You disagree that it's not a bug, or you disagree with the function? Ever since campaign scoring was introduced, that's always been how it is.
I spent a good day going through some missions solo in a playlist, and didn't come across any major issues. The only things I found were that Halo 4's character dialogue seemed to cut out at random. I was messing with the brightness setting (which I am super happy that you present a visual with not visible, barely, to visible for reference) and I couldn't get it right where I really wanted the brightness to be as it jumped between too bright to too dark to see the details in the barely visible reference, so some more brightness options would be appreciated, but it was a good experience over all.
Toa Freak wrote:
Downloaded the Halo 4 campaign to see if a certain issue was fixed, and it was not. The lighting in final cutscene for the level Reclaimer is still broken. It's been broken for years now, and in this most recent Flight, it remains broken.

Also, during my playthrough of the same level, the dialogue disappeared after I recovered Cortana after the Librarian cutscene. All other audio was still there, and the dialogue returned once I made it to the tank section.
Can confirm.

Halo 4 (360): https://i.imgur.com/Sz8BtKv.png.

Halo 4 (Flight 3): https://i.imgur.com/x61HHk5.jpg.

(Can't really argue with that resolution increase, though). All that light ruins the atmosphere of the scene. Especially when Cortana has her ... moment. Here are a couple gifs for comparison:

Halo 4: https://i.imgur.com/J3d9u7q.gifv.

MCC: https://i.imgur.com/dbmrVJO.gifv
Hello first I want to say that I love halo and I love being part of anything halo !!

okay so some problems with The campaign that we experienced !
1. You could not hear Cortona; Laskey; Del Rio or anyone that came over one the Communication videos( The little box that pops up in blue and they usually say something ) We couldn't remember if this was all of halo 4 but it defiantly was in Infinity and Reclaimer for all the missions.

2. Halo terminals did not work at all it would load the Halo channel and go dark and than was home screened and kicked out of the game and Campaign.

3. The file share was not working Receptor had sent a file well multiple files to DJBlue and DJBlue did not get them

This one was not a problem but a high praise
4 We went to go compare what we were seeing because me and DJ Blue who I was with at this time; couldn't get over how amazing the MCC insiders was. So when we loaded in the retail MCC and we wanted to go back to the MCC insiders like right away. The MCC Insider is just simply more smoother; cleaner and more efficient. The graphics were so much of difference between the two. Where in MCC insiders you could see detail you never saw before. Your aim was more on point as well and reloading was way smoother. ALSO I was lagging like crazy in MCC retail version but never had a lag in the MCC insider program.
While playing Halo CE on the second mission the covenant dropships would stay in place for a minute or two. If you get close to the dropships they will start to move like normal. The doors on the dropship would also stay open after they had dropped off their troops.

To recreate this bug just play Halo CE on the second mission.
On Halo CE during the third mission the doors to rooms and hallways would already be open instead of being closed and opening when I got close to them. This started happening when I was moving towards the brig to release Captain Keyes and his marines. For example the door to the area where the Covenant was holding Keyes was already open before I got close enough to open it.

To reproduce this bug simply play Halo CE on the third mission Truth and Reconciliation.
Watch "Tmcc Insider: Flight 3: phase one: shadows/lighting bug" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/VPOp33JVwrc

I apologize for the bad quality, but this is the best I can do. This is a reoccurring bug I've been coming across for the last couple of days. In this case, I was playing the halo ce campaign mission two betrayals on the third flight in phase one. It's somewhat difficult to see but I've encountered an issue where the anniversary lighting and textures aren't entirely appearing. Shadows are absent and projectiles that cast light (in this case banshee bombs and plasma canons) remain on geometry. I could flip to classic mode and everything was normal, I flopped back to anniversary mode and the glitch remained. As interesting as it was to cast some lights in the night on halos control room, this is still a bug that needs fixing. But, it's ironic though, to see my buggy fireworks on the 4th of July!

Edit: How do you make links in a post?
I've noticed while playing several missions on Halo CE that there several pauses during gameplay. This seems to only happen on large maps so far such as The Silent Cartographer and Halo. I've looked for the loading message in the top left corner during these pauses and haven't seen it so I'm not sure what the issue is.
I've started going through a H2A playlist co-op. I've been doing the 'normal' full game playlist on the Xbox One X, splitscreen. A few things I've noticed:
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 2 Campaign
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Frame drops
  • REPRO STEPS: Occurs on every level played so far (up through Arbiter), notably in open areas.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: Frame drops are present in solo play, but become more noticeable in splitscreen play. They're also much more noticeable when in H2A graphics than in classic. If it cant be further optimized, the best recommendation I could make would be to include an option for 1080p with locked 60 fps or 4k with variable framerate. I'm aware frame drops were fairly bad on standard MCC even running at 900p, so its no surprise that they're present on the X at 4k.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 2 Campaign
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: When starting Halo 2 campaign playlists that begin with the missions 'Heretic' and 'The armory' on co-op, the game skips them. This has always been the case, as those missions are single player only. However, when you beat a mission and quit out, it does not count those first missions as completed. Say you beat Cairo station in splitscreen and then quit. The playlist will have progress be 1/15 completed, even though you've passed the first 3 missions. Over the next few days, I'll finish the playlist to ensure it still counts completion correctly, but it may get stuck at 13/15 completed.
  • REPRO STEPS: Start a halo 2 playlist for any of the full game playthroughs in splitscreen and beat the first mission (or more)
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: Good news is that the playlist restart bug has been fixed! It used to restart the playlist in co-op if you quit out after completing Cairo Station, but it will now allow you to properly resume on Outskirts.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 13