MCC Insider - Flight 3 Feedback - Misc/Other

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
Please use this official thread to share any and all MISCELLANEOUS/OTHER FEEDBACK for the MCC Insider Flight #3 EARLY ACCESS period (week of July 2).

This thread is for feedback that is NOT specifically related to MULTIPLAYER or CAMPAIGN. (i.e. things like general build stability, UI, features, menus, Intelligent Delivery, video settings, etc...)

• You can read more about the MCC Insider Flight #3 HERE.
  • Flight 3 MULTIPLAYER FEEDBACK can be provided HERE.
  • Flight 3 CAMPAIGN FEEDBACK can be provided HERE.
If you encounter an issue or have a suggestion or general feedback, please include as much detail as possible.

• MCC AREA OF FOCUS: please specify which aspect of MCC you're providing feedback on (Menus, UI, Flight, Intelligent Delivery, Video Settings, Audio, etc..)
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: please be as detailed as possible.
  • REPRO STEPS: If it's a bug/issue, please provide the steps taken to reproduce this bug (if applicable)
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: If you have a screenshot, game clip, or other supporting material, please provide the link in your post.
Thank you for your participation in the MCC Insider Program!
Area of focus - Main Menu.
Issue - Minor issue, text at the bottom of the images presented for selection there is a description that expands on what each option does. When pressing back after selecting any option other than options and career, the campaigns text shows instead of what is highlighted.
Repro Steps - Select multiplayer, playlists, or extras, then press b to go back to menu. You will see the campaign text even though you may have multiplayer, playlists, or Extras highlighted.
Additional Info - I would include screenshots but can't find the attachment 📎 button. This issue is very low priority im sure most people would not see or care about it. I'm just bringing it up. Will continue to test. Thanks!
Area of focus - All titles
Issue - When you pause On any of the games it will freeze the screen behind the pause screen. If you jump or are moving when you come back you will be in a different spot didn't do this on retail mcc.
Repro steps - just pause the game while jumping or moving.

Small issue haven't really been able to get into games yet just been testing stuff in customs.
I've been trying to download the insider flight since the past 2 flights and its not showing anywhere I look even though I'm an insider
I've been trying to download the insider flight since the past 2 flights and its not showing anywhere I look even though I'm an insider
open the Xbox insider Hub app. Then under games you should see MCC insider. Click on that then click show in store then you can install it. That's how i did anyway.
Thats what I've been doing, It hasn't happened before,I even tried it various times of the release days
AREA OF FOCUS:
UI / Customisation

ISSUE:
Service ID does not update in game session window, however does update in Player ID settings

REPRO STEPS:
Start >> Player ID >> Service ID (Change to whatever, 3 letters) >> Return to main menu

ADDITIONAL INFO:
Screenshot - https://gyazo.com/0b49cc5cb7b850dcd381085544ffedb3
  • MCC AREA OF FOCUS: Campaign
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Cutscene bugs (i.e. "The Maw", background glitches out.)
Thats what I've been doing, It hasn't happened before,I even tried it various times of the release days
Feel free to use this discussion thread for questions on the Insider program:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/84ad72a8b51847978545f685f651fc15/topics/mcc-insider-program---official-discussion-thread/c2478d4d-f3b7-4636-bd19-589faefaef41/posts.

Note that the current build is open to participants of the first 2 builds, if you were in either of them then you should get an invite to this build soon (invited are still going out). If you weren't in the previous builds, it should be opening up to everyone at some point soon. More info on that here:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/84ad72a8b51847978545f685f651fc15/topics/mcc-insider-flight-3/23d7641c-c98c-4117-9814-b2f339141558/posts
I noticed you can't see current highest rank when you click on player details, it was there in the first flight but got removed in a patch. I know on og mcc even if you didn't have a rank it showed up as a level 1, did this get removed or is just not showing because there is no ranked playlist?

Example - https://imgur.com/a/s84tnLQ
  • MCC AREA OF FOCUS: Controller schemes
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Not all schemes are there (specifically, the Halo 4 schemes)
I have No idea how to explain this so here is a video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmtOV61q7_U&feature=youtu.be
For positive feedback, a link to play halo 5 was a very neat touch
  • MCC AREA OF FOCUS: Managing the game itself, so I guess Microsoft Store/Xbox My Games & Apps
  • ISSUE: I received the update to MCC Insider, but I didn't have storage to contain all 78+GB. So I tried to move it to the Internal storage, but Xbox said that it was already installed there, which isn't true (only the retail Halo: The Master Chief Collection is installed there). I uninstalled MCC Insider, but it does not appear in the Ready to Install list. When using the Xbox Insider App and the Microsoft Store to reinstall the game, the Microsoft Store tells me that the game is already installed, and only gives me the option to play it. Pressing Play does nothing. MCC Insider does not appear under my games an apps, whether installed or in Ready to Install, and on none of my storage devices. Trying to make more space under settings doesn't show anything as well.

To summarize: Xbox believes that MCC Insider is installed in the internal storage device, despite never being installed there. Now that I have uninstalled it, I can't reinstall it, because it still believes that it is installed somewhere else.
  • REPRO STEPS: The only steps I can manage is uninstalling the game before downloading the update, or attempting to move MCC Insider between storage devices.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: I wish I could, but since this problem happens on Xbox and not in-game, Xbox won't take screenshots, but I have used "Report a Problem" with this issue.
EDIT: After about 2 hours after power cycling, I find my Queue downloading MCC Insider again (fully functional, can access it normally now). I do have background downloading active, so the Xbox potentially re-recognized an update was necessary and started downloading it, which downloaded the whole game.

This is one of those moments where the problem resolved itself.
The campaign playlist are such a waste. Why do we have them? I like the cross game campaign playlist but really don't get the purpose of each title getting a playlist. Kinda seems like wasted effort there. How about the ability to make our own campaign playlist?
Area of Focus: Main Menu
After exiting a game, for instance, Halo: CEA campaign, the game will try to replay that game's menu music even if you select another game menu like Halo 3. The music will switch to Halo 3's for a moment before going back to Halo: CEA's.

Repro Steps:
  1. Select any game's campaign mission and start playing
  2. Quit the mission
  3. Once back at the menu, select another game under the campaign menu somewhat quickly
  4. If done correctly the game will struggle to choose whichever music to play
Please add a menu music option! I want to turn it off. You guys are making me hate marty's music...
  • MCC AREA OF FOCUS: Halo 3 Campaign + Multiplayer
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Loading into either Halo 3 campaign or multiplayer (custom games and forge) causes the game to softlock and then crash to dashboard. Halo 3 shows no gamemodes when going into a custom game or forge.
  • REPRO STEPS: Try to launch into Halo 3 in any mode, witness the game crash to dashboard.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO:
  1. Xbox One X, OS Version: 10.0.17134.4056 (rs4_release_xbox_dev_1806.180626-1359).
  2. I reported the issue via the 'Report a problem' button when holding the gem on the Xbox controller.
  3. I only currently have Halo 1, 2, and 3 installed (both campaigns and multiplayers) and I'm able to boot into all the other installed games without issue.
  4. Clip: https://twitter.com/BR3TON/status/1014036430773997569 (at the point the clip ends is where the game crashes to dash)
Re. Intelligent delivery:

There should be an option to only download the basic launcher when first installing/updating the game which allows you to select which parts you then want to install. I had to delete a few games to make room for the Insider update only to uncheck a bunch of options and end up with loads of unused space on my HDD. Had I only needed to download the initial launcher I wouldn't have needed to delete any other games to make room.
  • MCC AREA OF FOCUS: Intelligent Delivery
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK:ID didn't seem to work, or if it did, it wasn't clear. As soon as MCC Insider was Ready To Play, I booted it up to check out ID. Halo CEA was already installing, so I turned off Halo 4 as a test as it finished up. It then instead started downloading Halo 3 instead of 2, even though the priority had 2 being higher, and then changing priorities once it was downloading didn't make any difference as to what continued to be downloaded. It went 1 > 3 > 2, even though the priority was 1 > 2 > 3.
  • REPRO STEPS: See above. I think the issue is that it doesn't interpret the ID order when automatically moving from each game installation (could be an artifact of the retail game - I remember it didn't download those in order either!).
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: n/a
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6