Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Insider - Flight 3 Feedback - Misc/Other

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 6
MCC AREA OF FOCUS:Campaign Audio
FEEDBACK:Because I haven't download all Insider update,so I just try the HALO:CE's campaign.And I fell the audio is still compressed(Music,Gunshot)!It's not a big problem but better fix it.😁
  • MCC AREA OF FOCUS: UI, specifically the MELD.
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Says to goto aka.ms/mccinsiderflight2 instead of aka.ms/mccinsiderflight3 to give feedback.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: Some people may not realise and won't be able to provide feedback because of it, pic: https://i.imgur.com/IgCkTIO.jpg
  • MCC AREA OF FOCUS: Intelligent Delivery
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: When using the intelligent delivery and accepting made changes, the game menu changes languages (in this case from english to what i presume is german) restarting the game seems to revert this change.
  • REPRO STEPS: Open intelligent delivery > make the changes you want > accept changes
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: https://imgur.com/pPZ2GNT
All of the following bugs are related to Intelligent Delivery, as far as I can tell. I'm using an Xbox One X, running on the latest Xbox One Insider Alpha build (10.0.17134.4056) and prioritised my content like this:

• Halo 4 - Campaign
  • Halo 4 - Multiplayer
  • Halo 2 Anniversary - Campaign
  • Halo 2 Anniversary - Multiplayer
  • Halo 3 - Campaign
  • Halo 3 - Multiplayer
  • Halo: CE - Campaign
  • Halo: CE Multiplayer
  • Halo 3: ODST - Campaign (DESELECTED)
After installing the Halo 4 Campaign and Multiplayer, I set my console to standby and the content installed overnight. When I woke up around 6 hours later, I set off the ODST Campaign to install while I was playing through the Halo: Combat Evolved Campaign using the Master Chief Normal cross-game playlist.

MCC AREA OF FOCUS: Intelligent Delivery
ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Using Intelligent Delivery resulted in Halo 2 Classic MP not loading
REPRO STEPS: After installing all game content with intelligent delivery, try launching Halo 2 Classic's MP - the game will try to load for two seconds before soft locking and manually restarting the game to navigate menus.
ADDITIONAL INFO:

ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Choosing H2A MP in custom games removed all UI options, leaving the menu background and soft locking the game.
REPRO STEPS: After using intelligent delivery to install game content, selecting H2A MP custom games would soft lock the game by removing all menu options.
ADDITIONAL INFO:

ISSUE/FEEDBACK: After using intelligent delivery to install game content, selecting H2A in custom games resulted in no gametypes showing up. When trying to launch the game while no gametypes are available, the game will try to load the map before quickly returning you to the main menu with a Connection Interrupted error.
REPRO STEPS: Select Halo 2 Anniversary Custom Games and start the game. If you have no gametypes available, this will result in a Connection Interrupted error.
ADDITIONAL INFO:

ISSUE/FEEDBACK: After using intelligent delivery to install game content, Halo 2's entire campaign would refuse to load.
REPRO STEPS: Try to launch any Halo 2 campaign mission, including playlists (and cross-game) playlists. After a second, the game will no longer load and you will be soft locked, forcing a game restart.
ADDITIONAL INFO: Clip of issue.

ISSUE/FEEDBACK: After using intelligent delivery to install game content, Halo 3's entire campaign would refuse to load.
REPRO STEPS: Try to launch any Halo 3 campaign mission, including playlists (and cross-game) playlists. After a second, the game will no longer load and you will be soft locked, forcing a game restart.
ADDITIONAL INFO:

ISSUE/FEEDBACK: After using intelligent delivery to install game content, Halo 3's entire multiplayer would refuse to load.
REPRO STEPS: Try to launch any Halo 3 multiplayer map. After a second, the game will hard crash to the dashboard after making a loud noise for around 5 seconds.
ADDITIONAL INFO:

ISSUE/FEEDBACK: No gametypes available in Halo 3 custom games after using intelligent delivery
REPRO STEPS: Try to select a gametype in Halo 3 custom games after using intelligent delivery. None will be available and any attempts to start the game will result in a crash to the dashboard.
ADDITIONAL INFO:

ISSUE/FEEDBACK: 40+ Gametypes with Japanese lettering appearing in Halo 2 Classic custom games
REPRO STEPS: After using intelligent delivery, open the Halo 2 Custom Games lobby and you will see 10+ gametypes, all with random Japanese lettering that changes every time under the overall "Slayer" game mode. Any attempts to load these gametypes would result in a soft lock and force the player to restart the game.
ADDITIONAL INFO:
MCC area of focus- Main Menu
Problem Identified- Game will no load past pushing start button. Circle on screen keeps spinning. Have tried to reinstall build with no success
Repro- Happens every time I launch game
Hello!

So I don't know if this is because I had only Halo 3 installed, but the campaign menu audio that played didn't belong to Halo 3.

• MCC AREA OF FOCUS: Menu Audio.
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: When I entered the Halo 3 campaign menu, Halo 4 music started to play. I backed out, which seemed to fix the issue since the Halo 3 music began to play. I tried to see if the problem was re-occurring, and so I entered the Halo 3 campaign menu once more, only this time I heard Halo 2 music.
  • REPRO STEPS: Enter the Halo 3 campaign menu and wait to hear the music.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: I unfortunately do not have a link, but I did report the issue through the Insider program, and the report has a clip attached to it. I do not have any other games besides Halo 3 installed, so maybe the problem is related to Intelligent Delivery.
  • MCC AREA OF FOCUS: Campaign
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Cutscene bugs (i.e. "The Maw", background glitches out.)
Please post this in the campaign post, thanks.
Hello!
I have the same problem as Leiskane:

• MCC Area of focus: Intelligent Delivery (languages).
  • Issue/Feedback: When changing the language of the texts the first time it works well (in my case to Spanish), but when leaving and re-entering the game the texts are put back in English even if Spanish is selected. To put it back in Spanish I have to change the language, accept the changes and again change to Spanish and accept.
  • Retro Steps: Change Languages > Text > Spanish (ES) > Accept Languages > Close game > Reopen game
On original Xbox One on the preview alpha ring (10.0.17134.4056) with all Halo multiplayer content installed. I haven't messed with the prioritizing order so my installation went like this:
  1. H1M
  2. H2M
  3. H3M
  4. H4M
So let the bugs begin!

BUGS

MCC AREA OF FOCUS: Menu Audio.
ISSUE/FEEDBACK: After quitting H4 Spartan ops, music won't play until you completely back out to the main menu where its music will play
REPRO STEPS: Exit any H4 Campaign or Spartan Ops game

MCC AREA OF FOCUS: Spartan Ops Lobby
ISSUE/FEEDBACK: When selecting skulls, no description about the skull appears
REPRO STEPS: Go into Spartan Ops and go the skulls tab

MCC AREA OF FOCUS: Menu Background
ISSUE/FEEDBACK: When backing out from a campaign, the campaign's background will still appear
REPRO STEPS: Back out from a campaign or spartan ops lobby

MCC AREA OF FOCUS: Intelligent Delivery UI
ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Loading the UI for Intelligent Delivery freezes the game for a few seconds then loads while installing a game
REPRO STEPS: While installing a game, load the Intelligent Delivery Ui

SUGGESTIONS

FEEDBACK: While a game is installing, the progress bar show at the top right where your profile is. I wish I could select that and take me straight into the UI for Intelligent Delivery without having to go into options and carrer, settings, gameplay, change installed games

MCC AREA OF FOCUS: Settings
FEEDBACK: Some of the tabs are blatantly unfinished such as Network and Gameplay having only one button. Leaving a bunch of unused space

I will update if any more bugs occur

LethalQ wrote:
The campaign playlist are such a waste. Why do we have them? I like the cross game campaign playlist but really don't get the purpose of each title getting a playlist. Kinda seems like wasted effort there. How about the ability to make our own campaign playlist?
It's for the cosmetic lovers and achievement hunters. Although making your own custom playlist would be nice and share it with the public.
  • MCC AREA OF FOCUS: GAME INVITATIONS
    • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Game invitations are being sent to my PC xbox app... It only occurs for MCC insider, I tested it by sending myself invites on Vanilla MCC and it didn't send. It always sends to my PC on MCC insider however and you cannot accept game invites on PC....... Unless you guys have a MCC PC build in the works...
    • REPRO STEPS: Have xbox app open on PC, receive game invite from a friend...
    • ADDITIONAL INFO: Here's a youtube video. The first half is Insider as shown by the build number at the bottom, last half is vanilla MCC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8xtxtNdaXc
Area of Focus: Playlist Menu -
Music for Halo 2 and Halo 4 seem to be switched.
Score for previous game will continue to play until a different title is selected in 'Campaign'.
Repro Steps -
Playlist - Halo 2. Halo 4's score plays.
Playlist - Halo 4. Halo 2's score plays.
Additional Info - Link to Video

Area of Focus: Spartan Ops Menu -
Skull descriptions are absent for some reason.
Repro Steps -
Spartan Ops - Select Mission - Skulls
Additional Info - Screenshot

I'll update if / when more bugs crop up.
This isn't a critical bug or anything, but rather a suggestion or two. 1) I'd rather Halo 4's Spartan Ops be listed below Campaigns, like how ODST is, because it feels weird navigating to MP to fight AI, but if not, then you should 2) add spartan ops matchmaking, seeing as how it's listed right next to online play and kiiinda isn't great solo.
After downloading the update, the title screen has the "Press A to Start" is all a static box. I cant read the words, but I know what it should be. After entering the menus, every item that can be selected has static over the option. Example, all Halo title covers have static noise over the icons, all options on the main menu such as Campaign, Forge and Settings, have the box of static noise covering them from being visible when highlighted. The loading screens and pauses menus all have the noise surrounding various parts of the UI, luckily the gameplay does not seem affected. I am attempting to redownload MCC now to see if this resolves the issue. So far this has only appeared on the standard Xbox One, I have not tried on the Xbox One X.
This isn't a critical bug or anything, but rather a suggestion or two. 1) I'd rather Halo 4's Spartan Ops be listed below Campaigns, like how ODST is, because it feels weird navigating to MP to fight AI, but if not, then you should 2) add spartan ops matchmaking, seeing as how it's listed right next to online play and kiiinda isn't great solo.
Feature requests are best made here :)
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/84ad72a8b51847978545f685f651fc15/topics/mcc---your-top-new-feature-wishlist-item/54b47b48-4846-42c7-bde2-fc2cbc932e5d/posts
There's simply not enough space to save game files. 3 Forge modes, all those custom maps, all of my own forged maps, and the fact that every map in matchmaking has an updated version or variant that I would like to have saved on my Xbox.

50 maps is not enough plain and simple. Same with game types. We need more space. A LOT of space. Like 4 or 5 times the space at the bare minimum. Remember that this game has 3 Forge modes. We need more allowable space for maps and game types period, or else a portion of that hard work 343 did on H2A Forge would go to waste. What good is an awesome H2A Forge mode when you can only save 50 maps, let alone the other 2 Forge modes that share that same space?
I applied for the MCC insider program but didn't get invited? Says I'd get invited but it's not in my insider hub.. I play MCC more than most people but I can't play it.
ELZIDARE wrote:
I applied for the MCC insider program but didn't get invited? Says I'd get invited but it's not in my insider hub.. I play MCC more than most people but I can't play it.
You're going to have to wait until as early as next week for Halo:MCC Insider to show up in your Xbox Insider Hub app.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/84ad72a8b51847978545f685f651fc15/topics/mcc-insider-flight-3/23d7641c-c98c-4117-9814-b2f339141558/posts?page=1#post1
LethalQ wrote:
The campaign playlist are such a waste. Why do we have them? I like the cross game campaign playlist but really don't get the purpose of each title getting a playlist. Kinda seems like wasted effort there. How about the ability to make our own campaign playlist?
I've wanted to be able to make our own playlists ever since I heard about the playlist function!
In the Spartan Ops menu, the skulls have no names and descriptions. I know what they are by looking at the pics, but a lot of people, especially newcomers won't know which skulls do what.

In Halo 4 Forge, the monitor's hud is supposed to disappear after first changing to player mode and then back to monitor mode at the start of the match (or whenever you first switch back and forth). It makes forging easier to see what you're doing without the hud blocking the edges of the screen. Reach and Vanilla Halo 4 do this correctly. MCC Halo 4 does not. Needs fixed. Also as a side note, please make H2A's monitor's hud disappear in the same manner, though it's always done that in MCC.

PS: Need more file space, because the 50 maps limit across 3 Forge modes is not enough.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 6