Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Insider - Flight 3 Feedback - Misc/Other

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 6
  • MCC AREA OF FOCUS: Launching the game
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: I can't launch the game. It appears the download was corrupted. I participated in Flights 1 and 2 and started to download the update for Flight 3 last night. The entire update finished this afternoon. Whenever I try to launch the game, it won't start and I get an error message saying "Something went wrong - To complete your installation, first cancel it. Then try installing again. For detailed instructions, select Help." When selecting Help it says "Installation Problem - For error 0x800701E7, you need to cancel the current installation and then start it again." I also tried launching the game while the update was still being installed when the Ready to Start option was available but the same error occurred and was never able to launch the game.
  • REPRO STEPS: Select Halo: MCC Insider and begin to download the update. Go to Settings > System > check Keep my games & apps up to date. Also Settings > Power mode & startup > set Power mode to Instant-on. I did this so the game would update without leaving my Xbox on. Try launching the game mid-installation when the Ready to Start option is available and when the installation is fully complete.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: Here's a video clip of this error. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chc7Q-EAj0Q
Halo 4 Campaign - When Cortana's avatar is on my HUD, I cannot hear her dialouge, but when she is just talking and not on screen, I can hear her just fine. This was on mission Midnight, difficulty level Heroic. Also, dropped armor abilites by Knights, disappear immediately.

Halo 2 Classic 4v4 - First time I tried to get into a match, froze at the loading screen, I can hear my teammates pissed because they think I quit, when really I'm just stuck. Same old same old MCC.
Hello, the back end of the rocket in Halo 2 original from the first person perspective is definitely messed up oddly glitching up when you have active camo on in coagulation at least.
Alright, I have a few bugs that I've got some info for. I know some have been brought up already, but I figured additional info/examples couldn't hurt, for your internal tickets.

---
  • Area of Focus: Menus
  • Issue #1: Menu selection descriptions default to that of the first item when returning from a submenu, rather than updating to the currently (and previously) selected item description. The menu title is also affected, it doesn't correctly update to that of the current menu, instead keeping the one from the submenu.
  • Repro Steps: Go to Campaign, select Halo 2/3/4, and then back out. The still selected Halo 2/3/4 item will now have the incorrect description from Halo: CEA. It will also retain the menu title from the submenu, rather than the title it had before. They both will stay that way until you change your selection, and the description and menu title update to what they should be. This happens on any menu that has an 'inline' submenu, like the Main Menu, Campaigns, Multiplayer, and Custom Games screens.
  • Issue #2: Menu titles are inconsistent, some display their own name with their parent menu names above it, and others will show only their parent menu names. This confounds with Issue #1, as the un-updated menu title from a submenu is sometimes the correct name for this menu, and not the submenu which it 'stole' it from.
  • Repro Steps: Look at the menu title once inside the Multiplayer or Campaign menu. It, and all of its direct submenus, will be missing their own name in the menu title.
  • Additional Info: Pictures + Videos for both issues - https://imgur.com/a/DiEvULO
---
  • Area of Focus: Menus
  • Issue: In Spartan Ops when selecting Skulls, the Skull image, name, score multiplier, and description fails to update to your current selection like it should.
  • Repro Steps: Attempt to view the info for any Skull in Spartan Ops
  • Additonal Info: Pictures - https://imgur.com/a/CRcUqXN
---
  • Area of Focus: Halo CE Splitscreen
  • Issue: When playing 2-player splitscreen (any mode), the radar foreground and background become misaligned, drawing the blips and friendly/enemy contacts onto the world, rather than on the smokey background.
  • Repro Steps: Play Halo CE in Splitscreen. It may or may not matter, but I play on an Xbox One X that downscales to 1080p60.
  • Additional Info: Picture + Video - https://imgur.com/a/pbuv9Js
---
  • Area of Focus: Pause Menu
  • Issue: Game world stops rendering after you've paused, regardless of what mode you're in. I understand the reason for this, as it's an optimization for when you need to stay paused for a long time, or you've gone off to the Xbox Guide, so that you're not wasting all of this extra power drawing frames that aren't even changing. The only problem with it though, is that it also happens on modes that continue to update and generate sound while paused (like most Multiplayer, and online cooperative Campaign). The only situations it should stop rendering (because the game actually freezes itself), is on local solo/cooperative campaign, and on local H2A and H4 multiplayer (they're the only ones that do that).
  • Repro Steps: Pause the game while jumping in the air in Multiplayer. When you unpause, the game will have progressed further than it was showing you through the Pause Menu.
  • Additional Info: Video - https://imgur.com/a/DCw6F7M
Question that just dawned on me. Will all of our saved forge maps transition to the new updated MCC once it's released to the public?
Forge
When forging in Halo 3 Once you place 10 to 20 double boxes and then change a few of the spawn times and restart the round a bunch of the double boxes that you didn't change anything on will glitch out and not spawn in not even the blue blimp that shows you where the original spawn point is does not even show up until you end the round again sometimes even having to do it twice also, the first time I even loaded up Foundry Forge the windows in the back of the map that have window panels that spawn in them took eight count it 8 times of restarting the round to finally get them to spawn in,
  • AREA OF FOCUS: Menu
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Can't play Halo 2 or Halo 3. The former doesn't even let me access the Mission Select screen before the build crashes to the dashboard, while H3 fails to load every campaign mission/MP map I choose.
  • REPRO STEPS: Happens 100% of the time.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: Never used the Delivery System, I just regularly updated from Flight 2. My language and text are set in Italian, and I'm playing on a vanilla Xbox One.
I'm a bit bummed to be honest. Being this close to the retail patch (at least that's the impression I got from the latest blog update), I didn't expect this build to be so rough! D:
For me was Halo 2,3 and 4 not working it crashed everytime in the loading screen.
then I reinstalled the whole game and now is only Halo 3 not working but everything else.
I cant play Halo 3 custom, forge and campain.
  • MCC AREA OF FOCUS: Video
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: In Splitscreen Halo 4 and Halo 2 Anniversary MP, the reticles aren't downsized to fit the field of view. This has been like that since 2012/2014.
  • REPRO STEPS: just play anything H4/H2A MP in splitscreen
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: https://twitter.com/Imlevelzer0/status/1014548102416666624
Mcc area of focus: Halo Ce bug

issue: while camo is active flashlight won’t turn on.
AREA OF FOCUS: Menu and UI

ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Shared Screenshots in File Browser do not appear for other users. Despite being visible as uploaded on my game, when searched for by another user by selecting my profile in game, there is no shared content visible.

REPRO STEPS: Take a Screenshot in Halo 4, Upload to FILE SHARE/BROWSER and have another member on the flight observe your File Share/Browser to see if Screenshot is visible to them to view.

ADDITIONAL INFO: N/A

++++++

AREA OF FOCUS: Halo 4 Loadout Options

ISSUE/FEEDBACK: When selecting weapon skins on loadouts, if one is selected for a loadout, when you switch to a new loadout to edit, the skin remains on the same weapon when selected, despite reverting to default when choosing your skin. The sin previously chosen is also visible in the menu instead of default.

REPRO STEPS: Edit loadouts back to basic, then add weapon skins. Go to a second loadout and edit the weapons to match and you will see the skins present on selection, despite being meant to be the default weapon skin.

ADDITIONAL INFO: N/A
AREA OF FOCUS: Menus
ISSUE: Loadouts for Halo 4 cannot have spaces in their names. (This also means that the default loadout names are technically invalid)
STEPS: Try to rename a loadout to a name which includes a space. The name will not save.
Area of focus - Intelligent Delivery
Issue - It's not clear that there is an "accept" button in the Intelligent Delivery menu. It blends into everything else. I went into that menu three seperate times not realizing I was not saving my settings. I'd suggest it ask if I want to save the settings when I exit rather than an accept button.
Repro steps - Go to Intelligent Delivery menu, make a change and barely notice a difference.
Question: Are XBox One X improvements present in this build or only HDR? Is there a resolution bump when playing on One X?
  • MCC AREA OF FOCUS: Intelligent Deliver of all Halo 2
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: using the same MCC insider since Flight1, i managed to download and finished Halo CEA campaign without nothing but minor bugs. Then I download only Halo 2A solo, and then no way to launch it. Keep hanging at the loading screen. try once to delete Halo 2 and downloading it again no success. After deleting MCC insider build and downloading the whole game everything is working. It looks like a corruption of downloading or something
  • REPRO STEPS: Using MCC Build for Flight 2, update and install Halo CE (solo + multi), then only Halo 2A solo
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: no splash screen or return to dashboard when the game freeezes. it also happens in the mission selection panel.
WQVA wrote:

That's been part of the game since 2001
  • MCC AREA OF FOCUS: All Games - Control Schemes
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Add the "Helljumper" Halo 5 control scheme to all games. A Universal Helljumper control scheme would be great too. Switching between Halo 5 and MCC is going to become harder than ever.
  • REPRO STEPS: N/A
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: N/A
--

• MCC AREA OF FOCUS: File Sharing
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: File storage is still laughably low. Halo: Reach allowed the player to store 1,000 files while MCC caps you at around 50. You're expected to only use 50 spaces in a collection with five multiplayers - this isn't acceptable and needs a drastic increase.
  • REPRO STEPS:
  • ADDITIONAL INFO:
WQVA wrote:

That's been part of the game since 2001
Good to know. Never noticed before.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo3
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Campaign and multiplayer maps not loading/stuck on loading screen. Gametypes not present in custom games menu
  • REPRO STEPS: update MCC, prioritizing H3 while H2 is being installed. Happens even after I did a clean installation.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: Tryed to uninstall both H3 campaign and multiplayer, didn't work. The game is installed in external HDD. Here screen and videos:
  • https://1drv.ms/v/s!AjQ2hdoGWFvOgchUCFqyddDSE9GKow
  • https://1drv.ms/v/s!AjQ2hdoGWFvOgchVWgBbU_ML13T9OQ
  • https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjQ2hdoGWFvOgchX6UnhWEvb2UeDTQ
  • MCC HALO GAME: General, menu
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Custom language is not being loaded automatically, the game starts in original language
  • REPRO STEPS: Just start the game after setting a NON-ORIGINAL language
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: To change language you need to do a game or do the (silly) procedure I did in video:
  • https://1drv.ms/v/s!AjQ2hdoGWFvOgchWup9c4KX9zqoo2A
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 6