Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Insider - Flight 3 Feedback - Misc/Other

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. ...
  7. 6
Nibre 93 wrote:
  • Area of Focus: H3 Physics
  • Issue: The 'teabag' ragdoll physics are much more powerful than they should be, probably due to the switch to 60hz ticking.
  • Repro Steps: Teabag a ragdoll'd body. Notice that you can move it around much more than on classic H3, and in some cases you can even get the body to stand fully upright.
  • Additonal Info: Videos - https://imgur.com/a/Ov2P0aB
Glad to see they're making some improvements
  • MCC AREA OF FOCUS: Menus
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: In the Halo CE playlist menu in Pre-Release 1.445.0.0, I experienced a glitch where the Normal and Legendary Campaign would not be displayed as the selected playlist when I chose it. All the other CE playlists displayed properly when I chose them.
  • REPRO STEPS: Go into the CE playlist and select the Normal and Legendary Campaign. It may not show as the currently selected playlist at the top of the screen.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: Game clip - https://youtu.be/Ln17Gi6-eCE
Flight 3 doesn’t even start for me. The title pops up and then it’s just an endless black screen. This happened when it was “ready to play” so I just waited until it was fully downloaded but it still happens.
Anyone having an issues finding a game? I've been in a lobby searching for about 20 mins or so, I don't remember having this much difficulty in trying to find a game in past flights. Just wanted to see if anyone else is having a similar issue, or if it something on my end.
Rengaw12 wrote:
Anyone having an issues finding a game? I've been in a lobby searching for about 20 mins or so, I don't remember having this much difficulty in trying to find a game in past flights. Just wanted to see if anyone else is having a similar issue, or if it something on my end.
Also barely able to find players and when I do the game is 2v2 oddball on midship with AR start. Real nice. At least the game is in 4K now...
Postums wrote:
  • MCC AREA OF FOCUS: Controller schemes
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Not all schemes are there (specifically, the Halo 4 schemes)
Which ones are you saying are missing?
Halo 4 specifically.
MCC AREA OF FOCUS: Halo CEA control scheme "The Duke"
ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Control scheme The Duke has grenade swaping and flashlight button are swapped (this issue is also on the previous mcc)
REPRO STEPS: Under the control scheme "The Duke" in Halo CE control options
ADDITIONAL INFO: I know this is incorrect because halo 2 "Defualt" control scheme has the correct control scheme for flashlight/active camo and grenade swapping from the original game while CE from the original xbox was the same as halo 2
Here's another batch of 12 bugs I've come across or that others pointed out to me for Flight 3. Not sure how many were already reported but here's the video with all the steps for each bug: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABfvA0MnxGA

#1 - In Halo 2 Anniversary Forge only, the Brown and Pink team have the wrong colors in game. They become Lime and Cyan on the scoreboards and HUD but armor color is still correct and it still says Brown and Pink. This is likely caused by the team color menu taking the same settings from the Halo 4 forge menu which does have Lime and Cyan team in the exact spots where Brown and Pink team are in Halo 2 Anniversary Forge.
#2 - On the sandbox maps in Halo 2 Anniversary Forge (Skyward, Nebula, Awash), the Fusion Coils when placed down will have Fixed physics no matter what you set them to. They simply won't budge anymore even if they're set to Normal physics. Also, there are several other objects in Forge (these happen on any map) where the physics are also wrong. Several crates, containers, and building blocks when set to Normal physics end up having Fixed physics no matter what you do.

#3 - On the Halo 3 mission Crows Nest, after you clear the hangar near the beginning, the Pelican that's supposed to take off with Marines never does. It seems like it's waiting for enough marines to get into it before it takes off but on MCC, it seems like the correct amount of marines needed for it to take off never spawn and therefore the Pelican never takes off.

#4 - In Halo 4 multiplayer modes, on the map Ragnarok, there's a very small specific spot on the back of the map where if you fly a Banshee into it, there'll be no engine sound at all for the Banshee. I have not had the chance to test it on older versions of Halo 4 to verify whether it's exclusive to MCC or not.

#5 - On the mission Dawn in Halo 4, shortly after the 2nd rally point, there's a point where after you see a window of outer space and clear out some covenant, you go down a flight of stairs. To the right of the stairs, there's a wall there that's totally green.

#6 - The Universal Bump And Jump controls are incorrect for Halo 2 Anniversary Multiplayer specifically. The Left Bumper controls for vehicles (eg Banshee Flip) have been incorrectly mapped to the Right Bumper, so you have to press the Right Bumper now to do banshee flips or brakes in vehicles. This only affects Halo 2 Anniversary, Universal Bump and Jump seems to function fine for other Halo games.

#7 - In Halo CE Anniversary graphics, there are simply no shadows at all for anything. The shadows display just fine in classic graphics, but in Anniversary they're completely missing for everything.

#8 - On the bridge of the Pillar Of Autumn in Halo CE Anniversary graphics, once you pass a certain point as you're entering the bridge, the lighting suddenly becomes extremely bright but reverts to normal if you walk back past that point. The difference is very noticeable and looks like you're flipping a light switch on and off.

#9 - In Halo CE Anniversary graphics, occasionally in 3rd person (other player's perspectives), you won't be able to see the ammo count on Assault Rifles. It will simply be a blank screen. This doesn't seem to occur 100% of the time though and seems to happen randomly every now and then.

#10 - On the mission Oracle in Halo 2 classic graphics, the tank full of mini flood infection forms at the very beginning will sometimes have these forms float out of the tank and then back in.

#11 - In Halo 2 Anniversary graphics for campaign, the Scorpion tank treads will spin in the wrong direction if you're moving in one direction (eg backwards) and then quickly switch to the other direction (eg forwards) without stopping. Basically you'll end up driving a Scorpion tank forward with the tank treads spinning in reverse. This only affects Anniversary graphics.

#12 - This one I know people have been mentioning for awhile, but I've compiled the exact steps to reproduce the issue if no one has mentioned any clear steps yet. On the Halo 2 mission Regret, there's a Phantom that flies in towards where the 1st gondola is to drop off a pair of Hunters. If you go through the mission fast enough and skip one of the checkpoints that you get while you're in the 2nd room full of enemies after you exit the first room, and then clear all the enemies at the 1st gondola platform fast enough and still manage to avoid a checkpoint, then once the phantom flies in to drop off the Hunters, as it touches down, it will just simply vanish and the game acts like you've cleared out the Hunters. This is confirmed to work on all versions of MCC currently but does not affect any older version of Halo 2 (Xbox, Vista).

Hope the video and this list helps!
  • MCC AREA OF FOCUS: MAIN MENU
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: custom game menu is not functioning. X button (friends list) works as well as start menu functionality but not custom game menu.
  • REPRO STEPS: played a whole 15 minute halo 2 custom game and when it brought me back to the menu it doesn't work. So far I've replicated it twice...
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: https://1drv.ms/v/s!AmzuyQoKgEB6jHIdyK_R3b-AS159
edit: there seems to be an audio glitch in the clip around 7 seconds.... that's not ingame from what I remember.
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: custom game menu is not functioning. X button (friends list) works as well as start menu functionality but not custom game menu.
  • REPRO STEPS: played a whole 15 minute halo 2 custom game and when it brought me back to the menu it doesn't work. So far I've replicated it twice...
edit: there seems to be an audio glitch in the clip around 7 seconds.... that's not ingame from what I remember.
Can we get video confirmation of you playing a full game?
GregoR wrote:
Can we get video confirmation of you playing a full game?
Well they're aware of the issue... I wasn't sure when I read their initial post but now that I've played it. it makes sense...

and yeah it doesn't have to be a full game
  • MCC AREA OF FOCUS: Menu music/audio
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: When starting up MCC Insider, if you lower the Menu Music Volume to 0 (it’s easiest to hear on 0, but is present on any volume level), a constant “wind tunnel” noise plays. Almost like white noise. This sound plays regardless of where the player navigates to in the menus (Customs, Spartan Ops, Forge, Theater and searching matchmaking) and even stays while an activity is loading. It only goes away once you’ve actually loaded into an activity (campaign/Spartan Ops mission, matchmaking/custom map, film clip). Once that activity ends and you’re sent back to a menu, the white noise is gone for good, until you quit the build and start it fresh again. Nothing seems to make it reproduce while playing.
  • REPRO STEPS: Start up MCC Insider and load into the main menu. Press the “Menu” (Start) button on your controller. Then go to Settings > Audio > Menu Music Volume and set it to 0 (if it’s not already). The sound playing is quiet, so turn your TV/Monitor up, or if you’re wearing headphones, turn them up (Xbox notifications will be loud haha). If you can’t hear it, restart the build, load in, and you should be able to then.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: Was going to edit a clip to show this, but it’s so easy to reproduce I decided against it. I’m not lazy, I swear.
On second thought, the noise might just be an atmospheric thing as the menu background is in space... So maybe the bug is that the ambient noise doesn’t come back? 🤔
  • MCC AREA OF FOCUS: Matchmaking search
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: When you view "last carnage report" you can see the 'searching for players' or 'players found', etc. However you don't show that anywhere when we have the start menu up, I would really like to know when we get people while customizing my settings.
  • REPRO STEPS: press start while in MM, no notification of players or searching...
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: Post carnage notification: https://i.imgur.com/i937PSz.jpg
No start menu notification: https://i.imgur.com/FFRghfI.jpg

FIXED: https://i.imgur.com/pDcyAwf.jpg

Or BIGGER!: https://i.imgur.com/vREIa9c.jpg
I am unable to update from 1.466.1.0 to the 1.467 - 1.470 build. I have checked for updates in the my games and apps tab and I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Mcc insider build by accessing the store page through the Xbox insider app. To no avail I remain on the 1.466.1.0 build. Any ideas?

Thanks
I have the same situation as above. I deleted v1.466.1.0 and downloaded the App a second time and it’s the same thing. What gives? What am I doing wrong?
again, same as the people above me, no updates available for mcc insider, current build 1.466.1.0
I don't believe the update has been released yet. Last I read, they said they were still waiting for more people to do the current test before releasing it. I hope it's soon, though.
AO EXILE wrote:
I have the same situation as above. I deleted v1.466.1.0 and downloaded the App a second time and it’s the same thing. What gives? What am I doing wrong?
Same here and the game doesn't crash when I go beyond main menu. I am not able to play anything, saying I don't have the component installed, no matter what I select to install/uninstall nothing seems to happen.
they said they re releasing it around 9 pm PT
Where did they say they are releasing at 9pm PST?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. ...
  7. 6