Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Insider - Flight 3 Feedback - Misc/Other

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. ...
  6. 6
Where did they say they are releasing at 9pm PST?
@343Postums on Twitter.
  • MCC AREA OF FOCUS: Intelligent Delivery
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: The update of the v.1.466.1.0 to the new build.
  • REPRO STEPS: I have followed the steps of reinstalling the MCC insider build and getting past the menu screen till the crash. (Muliple of times) But still nothing about updating the software. No prompt shows or no update is in the section of my xbox.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: I am struggling to update the MCC Insider build. I believe that I have followed the steps correctly, but however struggle to reach past step 3 to get the full build. I have the 1.466.1 ‘Temporary build’ but no further update is provided for it. How do I receive the 1.467 – 1.470 update or get the full build to play? I have no updates showing on my Xbox within the update section, insider hub and no in-game update prompt.
MCC Insider Flight 3
July 19, 2018
tknology wrote:
Where did they say they are releasing at 9pm PST?
@343Postums on Twitter.
Would be nice if they posted that piece of info here for the rest of us.
Xatty wrote:
  • MCC AREA OF FOCUS: Intelligent Delivery
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: The update of the v.1.466.1.0 to the new build.
  • REPRO STEPS: I have followed the steps of reinstalling the MCC insider build and getting past the menu screen till the crash. (Muliple of times) But still nothing about updating the software. No prompt shows or no update is in the section of my xbox.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: I am struggling to update the MCC Insider build. I believe that I have followed the steps correctly, but however struggle to reach past step 3 to get the full build. I have the 1.466.1 ‘Temporary build’ but no further update is provided for it. How do I receive the 1.467 – 1.470 update or get the full build to play? I have no updates showing on my Xbox within the update section, insider hub and no in-game update prompt.
MCC Insider Flight 3
July 19, 2018
Nevermind, Received it.
MCC AREA OF FOCUS: Menu UI

ISSUE/ FEEDBACK: Intelligent Delivery. Have you guys considered separating Halo 4's Intelligent Delivery system for campaign and Spartan Ops or multiplayer and Spartan Ops? That may free up more HDD space for those that won't want to play it.

Edit: Another Issue: when I boot up MCC, the background music quits playing once I press start and enter the main menu of the whole game.
  • MCC AREA OF FOCUS: Matchmaking search
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: "searching for players" is in very small font on the bottom right hand side of the screen.
  • REPRO STEPS: start matchmaking.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO:
Make it bigger: https://i.imgur.com/vREIa9c.jpg and also it should pop up when viewing the start menu. Not just post carnage report should have it
Halo 4 loadout glitch, when attempting to modify a load out from Firepower support to Mobility when selecting a secondary weapon still gives only primary load out weapons and cannot adjust to plasma pistol or bolt shot. This could fall under a multiplayer issue or an issue miscellaneous and other. Will be posting it in both locations.

A fix is you have to play in Mission/multiplayer And you will be able to modify a secondary weapon.
i deleted the game like it was said i should in the email, but when i open the store page with the insider app, the install button is grayed out (although it says i own the product). i did the workaround with reseting the xbox and then i could install it.
problem was: when the game was downloaded, the only thing i could play was the h2 campaign. with everything else it said i was missing contant and it led me to the menu where you could choose which part to install. there it showed me, that only h2 and h3 was installed (both sp and mp).
it didn't change anything when i selected other parts of mcc (like halo ce and halo 4). i also couldn't play any mp, not even h2 or h3, even though it showed me, that it was installed.
then i thought, i maybe should reinstall the mcc insider app, but again, the install button is grayed out again in the store.

(note: that was on friday, i didn't have time to check the game out again since then)
Edit: Another Issue: when I boot up MCC, the background music quits playing once I press start and enter the main menu of the whole game.
Your main menu volume slider may be turned all the way down to the left. Go to your settings in-game and slide it to the right to make it louder. Mine was also turned all the way down by default when first jumping on.
Version 1.468.1.0: The languages re-download after you have change it back to English and back to that language you downloaded.
I have menu music slider set to 0, but can still hear the music playing.
  • MCC AREA OF FOCUS: menu/UI matchmaking "view maps in this playlist"
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: There is a delay when opening the "view maps" in the playlist search. I think it should pop up faster like the "view carnage report" screen. It responds a lot faster and I can't spam it as a result. Also can the we just make the overall menu transitions faster, closing the post carnage report is very slow as well.
  • REPRO STEPS: spam A on "view maps in this playlist"
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: clip: https://1drv.ms/v/s!AmzuyQoKgEB6jHxAPVQZ6A0YzUuA
When in theater mode, we are still unable to save recent films permanently like we could in Halo 3, Reach, and 4.
Quick audio note.

The main menu volume slider is a nice addition, but why can we still not control the volume of the rest of the game? The menu's volume seems fairly trivial in comparison, as I would much rather decrease the volume of ingame gunfire and explosions. I guess it's better than nothing but still an odd addition. Currently you have to lower the volume of your tv/audio setup which obviously affects party chat and the rest of the console at the same time.
  • MCC Area of Focus: Intelligent Delivery
  • Issue/Feedback: ID doesn't seem to play nice with the system download queue. The presence of other games in the queue can cause them to take precedence over MCC: Insider when adding to the ID content selections. Specifically, I found that if MCC: Insider was downloading and something else was queued at the system level (like the Vigor beta), when I added more content to MCC: Insider and accepted changes, it would sit on the spinning wheel indefinitely. Eventually, I looked at the system queue to see if the download was frozen, and noticed that Vigor was downloading instead. I manually set MCC: Insider to "install now" and returned to the game, where the download size updated and the spinning wheel went away almost immediately. In the system UI, the downloaded % decreased from 5% to 4% reflecting the increased file size taking effect at that time. I then played around some more to determine that this occurred every time the Xbox system had other games or DLC in its download queue and I was adding content to MCC: Insider. Removing content was fine in all circumstances, and adding content was fine if nothing else was in the system's download queue.
  • Steps to Reproduce: Make sure you're missing at least two pieces of content from MCC: Insider. Add one or more (but not all) missing pieces of content to the game to start it downloading, then add something else to the system download queue (like, say, if a big Xbox sale just happened and you were irresponsible with your wallet >.<) so that there's something waiting to start when MCC: Insider is done. Finally, return to MCC: Insider and add one or more items of still-missing content. Accept Selections.
  • Additional Notes: because this plays poorly with the system download queue, I'd be willing to venture a guess that this might not be something that's entirely under control of the game itself, and so the people working on the underlying ID systems for the OS and Live infrastructure might need to take a look at it. I've also submitted this bug report (in a less structured manner, since gamepad typing remains unpleasant) through the Insider dashboard "Report a Problem" feature... so it may have come across your plate already. If so, sorry for the double post! Just don't want it to get missed, and haven't seen anything about it in any of the Flight 3 threads yet. :)
Halo CE:
-Score indicator on HUD with the option to turn it off in CE settings.
-Total score for team games that retains score when someone leaves the game.
-Players who leave, go to the bottom of the list and remain on the scoreboard with a line through their gamertag.
-When someone leaves the game have the PCGR show who left.
-When dead, pressing the scoreboard button shouldn't remove Respawn timer and kill commentary.
-More room for gamertags on CE scoreboard to allow for the maximum letters of a name without it messing with that players score.
-On splitscreen; medals should appear in a different place depending on the player as they take up the same space. (Maybe the bottom right corner of each screen with a maximum of 4/8 that cycles through the medals if you get more than said amount?)
-On splitscreen; The option to choose between (Single player) total bullets and how many clips left on your hud seeing as most TV's are a lot bigger now.

Forge:
With the custom browser coming in a future update, I was hoping the other halo forges could get an update to be more like H2:A
-An option to clear the map and start from scratch. Or the blank versions downloaded and selectable.
-Being able to select and see the details of an object from its spawn point, rather than the item itself.
-Name of object under grab icon
-Larger budget and a larger variety of objects to be placed on the map.
-The return of map and mode database

Customisation:
New unlockable plates of various colours.
Requirements of a nameplate and avatar still visible once unlocked.
New accounts that haven't customised any halo 4 loadouts can choose a randomised sixth loadout.
Issue - Intelligent Delivery

After deleting the build, reinstalling the new one, launching past the menu for the crash, then customizing my game installation, Halo 2 campaign does not work. The installation started as only Halo 2 campaign and multiplayer, so I decided to reorder everything so I could see if Intelligent Delivery would have corruption issues. I made it install CE multiplayer first, then Halo 3 campaign and multiplayer. The rest of the installation was Halo 4 multiplayer and then Halo 2 campaign. After Halo 3 campaign finished, I decided just to add Halo CE campaign, Halo 4 campaign and Halo 2 multiplayer in that order. They all finished and work fine except for the Halo 2 campaign portion. Uninstalling the Halo 2 campaign and reinstalling does not fix this issue. None of the menu is corrupted either, all of the missions display correctly in the menu. The loading bar gets to about 70% before bailing back to the MCC main menu.
After updating to v.1.468.1.0 the following contents were corrupted:
  • Halo 2 Campaign: Loads 80%–99% depending on level, then returns to menu. Choosing "classic" or "remastered" "visuals and music" makes no difference. Trying to start "Mission 1: The Heretic" on remastered visuals and music crashes the game.
  • Halo 2 Anniversary and Halo 4 Custom Games and Forge: There are no game types. Shows the loading screen for five seconds then returns to menu with the message "Your connection to the game session was interrupted.".
  • Spartan Ops: Shows the loading screen for five seconds then returns to menu.
Area of focus - Spartan Ops

Issue - Minor issue, during mission launch in the first Spartan Ops there is a video feed on the HUD from Spartan Jared Miller however there is no audio relating to that video feed. I’ve recorded the clip at the link below.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AiqYlCinQV7KhE6gQxWtM3vs9YSA
Locked in lieu of flight 3, phase 2 thread.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. ...
  6. 6