[Locked] MCC Insider - Flight 3 Feedback - Multiplayer

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13
Please use this official thread to share any and all MULTIPLAYER FEEDBACK for the MCC Insider Flight #3 EARLY ACCESS period (week of July 2).

• You can read more about the MCC Insider Flight #3 HERE.
  • Flight 3 CAMPAIGN FEEDBACK can be provided HERE.
  • Flight 3 MISC/OTHER FEEDBACK can be provided HERE.

If you encounter a MULTIPLAYER issue or suggestion or general feedback, please include as much detail as possible.

• MCC HALO GAME: please specify which game within MCC you're providing feedback for
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: please be as detailed as possible.
  • REPRO STEPS: If it's a bug/issue, please provide the steps taken to reproduce this bug (if applicable)
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: If you have a screenshot, game clip, or other supporting material, please provide the link in your post.
Thank you for your participation in the MCC Insider Program!
I'm willing to do a Halo CE BTB Custom Session tomorrow night if anyone is interested I would probably need at least 8 more people since not everyone in my large group has gotten invites yet. I'll do Objective game types ( Classic CTF, KOTH, 3 Team Oddball and Multi CTF Assualt) I'll mix it up between regular vehicles and Heavys as well. All maps are in play including the PC maps and weapons as well. Please have a mic and be aware this will be competitive. Start time 10pm CDT until whenever. Message me here or over XBL if your interested.
Love it! Keep in mind the population will likely be fairly low right now - but love the intent and eagerness to dive into some customs! Once we've validated this build then the next phase will open up to all MCC Insiders which should give us a big boost in player engagement and make ad hoc matchmaking and MP sessions a lot more viable.
I'm willing to do a Halo CE BTB Custom Session tomorrow night if anyone is interested I would probably need at least 8 more people since not everyone in my large group has gotten invites yet. I'll do Objective game types ( Classic CTF, KOTH, 3 Team Oddball and Multi CTF Assualt) I'll mix it up between regular vehicles and Heavys as well. All maps are in play including the PC maps and weapons as well. Please have a mic and be aware this will be competitive. Start time 10pm CDT until whenever. Message me here or over XBL if your interested.
German player, fan since CE here, having a mic. Although this custom session is gonna be on Wednesday morning at 5 am CET for me, please count me in. I'll feel ready for it. ;-)
I successfully uninstalled Halo 3 multiplayer.
Sign me up for those CE customs.
Fanpaku wrote:
German player, fan since CE here, having a mic. Although this custom session is gonna be on Wednesday morning at 5 am CET for me, please count me in. I'll feel ready for it. ;-)
Sounds good sir. My host is fine. Sometimes when I do Customs I have people all over the world in my group. The record was four people in Europe, 2 in Australia, 1 in Thailand and the rest all over North America. If the current build of the MCC can handle all that I'm sure the Insider can.
I'm ready for some h1 customs
BUG REPORT!
  • Halo 2 join in progress worked fine. I'm assuming H3 and other games do as well.
  • Halo 2 has a glitch where if you hit the start menu in a game with someone, it freezes the background image like you're playing campaign. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rF7gda8ayc8
edit: Halo 3 is suffering from the frozen start menu as well like my H2 video... So I'm going to assume it affects all the titles
Fanpaku wrote:
Sounds good sir. My host is fine. Sometimes when I do Customs I have people all over the world in my group. The record was four people in Europe, 2 in Australia, 1 in Thailand and the rest all over North America. If the current build of the MCC can handle all that I'm sure the Insider can.
I highly appreciate your response, and am equally thankful to be allowed to join your session, yet there is no need to call me “sir,” since I’m only 27 y.o.

I hope we’ll able to catch up tomorrow evening and play properly—competetively that is!

Besides, I cannot find anybody online right now regarding both of the playlists. I’m searching for players for about three to four hours straight, and to be brutally honest, I couldn’t find anybody in matchmaking since BTB of flight 2 was launched on Saturday the 9th of June, even though I tried every single day—or rather night—for at least a couple of hours.
Fanpaku wrote:
Fanpaku wrote:
I highly appreciate your response, and am equally thankful to be allowed to join your session, yet there is no need to call me “sir,” since I’m only 27 y.o.

I hope we’ll able to catch up tomorrow evening and play properly—competetively that is!

Besides, I cannot find anybody online right now regarding both of the playlists. I’m searching for players for about three to four hours straight, and to be brutally honest, I couldn’t find anybody in matchmaking since BTB of flight 2 was launched on Saturday the 9th of June, even though I tried every single day—or rather night—for at least a couple of hours.
Could be your there was no one in Europe that was on that you could que with. Feel free to join up with me when I'm on this weekend so you can match with players in North America. It worked for 3 of my German buddies and they were able to get games then.
Fanpaku wrote:
Fanpaku wrote:

Could be your there was no one in Europe that was on that you could que with. Feel free to join up with me when I'm on this weekend so you can match with players in North America. It worked for 3 of my German buddies and they were able to get games then.
Thank you very much. Will do!

I hope it’ll work out this time, though I doubt it, because last time, during flight 2, I joined xsv—you all know this player, I guess—, so we basically had a North-American host all the time but were still completely unable to find any match at all. After we were searching for players on our own, it was still slow (1 match per hour maybe) but at least somehow possible.

Open NAT, MTU of 1480, packet loss of 0%, 150 mbps down- & 10 mbps upstream, ping of 25-40 ms, static IPv4; weird status code sometimes, though (0×00040000.... instead of 0×000000....).
Halo 3 HUD this issue has actually been present since MCC launched, and I can understand if it's not fixed do to resources or time, but...

There's a gap at the bottom of the HUD. and it also starts a quarter way up the screen. You can kind of see where the effect begins on the bottom of the HUD. (the faded blue visor outline...) https://i.imgur.com/sXRGymU.jpg

seems as though it's locked to the OG resolution size or just wasn't scaled right?

And then there's the bullets. They aren't properly hidden. I can still see the top few pixels of the bullet even though they're not there. https://i.imgur.com/aExPi02.jpg
And then there's the bullets. They aren't properly hidden. I can still see the top few pixels of the bullet even though they're not there. https://i.imgur.com/aExPi02.jpg
Nice catch on the bullets.
Even tiny things like this should be reported, to help get these games into absolute top condition.
Foot steps on snow maps in halo 3 are huge blobs this is an issue because you can easily see people with camo.
Example - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9tXc1ou9TM&feature=youtu.be
Golf club has a few issues weapon prompt in the top right has a black box around it along with the reticle being a blue box. Also the tin cup still has the wrong flag and the gold ball is still yellow.
Reticle Example - https://imgur.com/a/uaxH1Yl
Fanpaku wrote:
There’s really no need to play customs games specifically with people who are in the program since they have not even touched Halo CE.
I would recommend putting the matchmaking playlist in the insider build To 2v2 To shorten times between games and get shorter times to find games in between play test dates
Game: Halo 4
Issue/Feedback: Battle Rifle's fire rate is faster than on Xbox 360
Description: The Battle Rifle is noticeably faster to fire on MCC, assuming its because of the higher framerate. It almost feels like H2's and H5's BR. It's nothing game changing but just feels weird.
Source: https://youtu.be/sV5JRBlC15o

Game: Halo 4
Issue: Guns lose their sounds on the map Pitfall
Description: While in a match, the guns will lose their sound midgame for a while and then fade back in. This is also present in the current public build of MCC
Source: (Waiting for it to upload...)
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 3
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: wrong language for the announcer
  • REPRO STEPS: Looks like all you have to do is set up a game with a different language than English (though I only tried with French) and the announcer will still speak English.
Also:

• MCC HALO GAME: Halo 2 Classic
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: The grenade indication sometimes isn't "up to date" with your actual ordnance. If the indication shows I have 2 nades when I have 3, I have to throw two nades so it can show the last one correctly. This is a thing on current MCC as well.
  • REPRO STEPS: It's likely a non-host thing and I'm really not sure how to reproduce it, though I think it might be by throwing a grenade and picking up another grenade (of the same type, mind you) at almost the exact same time
For H2C, I played a game of team snipers in H2C 4v4 and unfortunately noticed there were still instances we're hit registration did not seem to work. headshots and body shots both seemed to not register a number of times. I was hoping this would be fixed, so hopefully some feedback helps.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13