1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. 10
  7. ...
  8. 11
Matchmaking search times are absurdly slow. 5-20 minutes on average. On the rare occasion one can actually find a game before quitting, the hit detection varies widely from game to game, an unhealthy amount of blank sniper shots and a fair amount of server lag.

Also some of the gametype settings are laughably incorrect. Some examples being plasma rifle starts on midship. The weighting on the game types is also suspect. I’ve played more 1 flag lockout in this build then anyone should in ones lifetime. Equal weighting across all gametypes. Or if that’s not possible a slightly higher weighting to the fan favorite gametyes. Mipship Slayer/flag and lockout Slayer/oddball should have a higher weighting than 1 flag.

At the loading screen can the game type be displayed so players can actually prepare on what they’re about to play? It’s baffling on how this an issue, never played a multiplayer game that doesn’t let the player know the rules before the game starts. Hopefully a solution is planned for the final release.

Another issue that absolutely needs to be addressed is party matchmaking. Running into a team of four constantly in this build was nauseating and will only invalidate the upcoming ranking system. Making it all pointless. It’s pretty well known that a team of four average players communicating can and will defeat four solo good players almost every time. Making the ranking system not a level of skill and individual capability but a race to gather up players to defeat woefully disadvantage solo players.

I can deal because I’ve been playing halo since 2001 but god help the players who are just entering the multiplayer arena.

Open up the flight for everyone, the search times were abhorrent and a severe drop in quality from the first test build.
I agree with basically everything you said except that "a team of four average players communicating can and will defeat four solo good players almost every time.", because I, as a matter of fact, had a full team of Germans yesterday and we lost over and over again against randies. :D

In whole F3 I may have won approx. 5-8 games but got defeated at least 30 times, haha.

I am disappointed, too, having strongly awaited the Open Beta for everyone in the Insider Hub today, moreover new playlists, and at least 15-20k people online. But it's the same as yesterday, and I can't find any other players. oO

No real improvement to F2, worse than F1 (for me personally), unfortunately.
Matchmaking search times are absurdly slow. 5-20 minutes on average. On the rare occasion one can actually find a game before quitting, the hit detection varies widely from game to game, an unhealthy amount of blank sniper shots and a fair amount of server lag.

Also some of the gametype settings are laughably incorrect. Some examples being plasma rifle starts on midship. The weighting on the game types is also suspect. I’ve played more 1 flag lockout in this build then anyone should in ones lifetime. Equal weighting across all gametypes. Or if that’s not possible a slightly higher weighting to the fan favorite gametyes. Mipship Slayer/flag and lockout Slayer/oddball should have a higher weighting than 1 flag.

At the loading screen can the game type be displayed so players can actually prepare on what they’re about to play? It’s baffling on how this an issue, never played a multiplayer game that doesn’t let the player know the rules before the game starts. Hopefully a solution is planned for the final release.

Another issue that absolutely needs to be addressed is party matchmaking. Running into a team of four constantly in this build was nauseating and will only invalidate the upcoming ranking system. Making it all pointless. It’s pretty well known that a team of four average players communicating can and will defeat four solo good players almost every time. Making the ranking system not a level of skill and individual capability but a race to gather up players to defeat woefully disadvantage solo players.

I can deal because I’ve been playing halo since 2001 but god help the players who are just entering the multiplayer arena.

Open up the flight for everyone, the search times were abhorrent and a severe drop in quality from the first test build.
I'm probably one of the few that have put in over 10 hours on this flight alongside my buddies. I would say matchmaking times were normal due to the population of this game as it's not as popular as Halo 3. There were times we found games in less than 30 seconds.

There's a total of 12 maps in Halo 2 Classic Arena each ranging with up to 4 different game types. I played several different maps with a different game type. I would say there were 2 different occasions that we got the same game type and map.

I do have to agree on blank/blood shots with the sniper. I see it more when I'm playing on an east coast server since I'm west coast. I say this because from my understanding there is a dedi east, central, and west for Halo 2. This was info I received from 343 back in Flight #2 and they could have since added more to adjust with the population. I've played enough have a general idea of what server I'm currently connected too.

I didn't experience any lag. However, sometimes my teammates would complain of lag and would be warping around the map. That was mostly on their end as it was only them who experienced lag. I do want to say that we did get a slight lag spike/frame drop for a brief second every now and then. Didn't happen often but was noticeable enough for all of us to keep an eye out for it. I clipped a highlight of an instance where we got that lag spike/frame drop. You don't really notice it probably due to the fact that I was streaming at 720p30 but you can hear all of us complain about it. It was more so a feeling with the controller verse you actually being able to visually see it(kind of hard to explain). https://clips.twitch.tv/VivaciousRelievedSaladBIRB <--- Lag Spike

I do want to say that I was searching with a to4 throughout flight 3. As for matching against to4, this is a flight/beta and not retail. There's no reason they should add party matching in a beta since the population is low. With the initial release, I find it hard for them to add party matching to the retail game due to again, the population possibly being low. From my understanding, this is something they have talked about during a talk with 343 and the community couple weeks back. However, i have heard they will add skill matching up to 10 levels, I could be wrong. Don't quote me on that.
Excuse me, I've got a problem here and need help.
The MCC Insider is not showing in the Xbox Insider-Hub.
I received an e-mail from the Xbox Research Team confirming that I've joined The MCC Insider Program on 9th June 18 and also a confirmation that I have joined the Halo Community Feedback Program on the same date.
I repeated the survey of the Xbox Research Team for the MCC Insider on 4th July 18 and received another confirmation telling me I joined the MCC Insider.
Then I deleted and reinstalled the Xbox Insider-Hub app.
After doing all of this the game still does not show in the Xbox Insider-Hub app.
firstly report the problem on the insiders app, which circle are you in? maybe you need beta circle and above
xsv wrote:
Excuse me, I've got a problem here and need help.
The MCC Insider is not showing in the Xbox Insider-Hub.
I received an e-mail from the Xbox Research Team confirming that I've joined The MCC Insider Program on 9th June 18 and also a confirmation that I have joined the Halo Community Feedback Program on the same date.
I repeated the survey of the Xbox Research Team for the MCC Insider on 4th July 18 and received another confirmation telling me I joined the MCC Insider.
Then I deleted and reinstalled the Xbox Insider-Hub app.
After doing all of this the game still does not show in the Xbox Insider-Hub app.
firstly report the problem on the insiders app, which circle are you in? maybe you need beta circle and above
Found the mistake.
I didn't accept the Xbox One Preview Program which is within the Xbox Insider App. I didn't know I had to join there, too.
343 gave a description but didn't mention that you have to join the Preview Program, too. There was a link with further notes about the Insider App itself and that's where I found the information I was looking for. So my membership for the Preview Program is pending. As soon as that's done I can hopefully join MCC Insider.
Jesus...

I'm probably one of the few that have put in over 10 hours on this flight alongside my buddies. I would say matchmaking times were normal due to the population of this game as it's not as popular as Halo 3. There were times we found games in less than 30 seconds.

There's a total of 12 maps in Halo 2 Classic Arena each ranging with up to 4 different game types. I played several different maps with a different game type. I would say there were 2 different occasions that we got the same game type and map.

I do have to agree on blank/blood shots with the sniper. I see it more when I'm playing on an east coast server since I'm west coast. I say this because from my understanding there is a dedi east, central, and west for Halo 2. This was info I received from 343 back in Flight #2 and they could have since added more to adjust with the population. I've played enough have a general idea of what server I'm currently connected too.

I didn't experience any lag. However, sometimes my teammates would complain of lag and would be warping around the map. That was mostly on their end as it was only them who experienced lag. I do want to say that we did get a slight lag spike/frame drop for a brief second every now and then. Didn't happen often but was noticeable enough for all of us to keep an eye out for it. I clipped a highlight of an instance where we got that lag spike/frame drop. You don't really notice it probably due to the fact that I was streaming at 720p30 but you can hear all of us complain about it. It was more so a feeling with the controller verse you actually being able to visually see it(kind of hard to explain). https://clips.twitch.tv/VivaciousRelievedSaladBIRB <--- Lag Spike

I do want to say that I was searching with a to4 throughout flight 3. As for matching against to4, this is a flight/beta and not retail. There's no reason they should add party matching in a beta since the population is low. With the initial release, I find it hard for them to add party matching to the retail game due to again, the population possibly being low. From my understanding, this is something they have talked about during a talk with 343 and the community couple weeks back. However, i have heard they will add skill matching up to 10 levels, I could be wrong. Don't quote me on that.
Your rebuttals are circumstantial, I appreciate the responses but I’m relying the things I’ve experienced. If the game launches like this the community will deem it another failure. I never had an issue connecting or finding games in the first build with a much less player population. Games were dizzying fast, I couldn’t even get up to grab a drink.

I never requested party matchmaking in the test flights however if it’s not in the final the game will die another death. Players will not sit back and get clowned out by a team of four. People will quit, get banned and move on to other games. It’s simple logic. The skill based matching will be flawed because it wasn’t a fair and even playing field from the start. I personally don’t like searching in a squad because the competition is non existent, we usually back out of the lobby if it’s not a team because we have no interest 50-2 players who can’t even communicate. It’s not fun for us or people getting into the game for the first time.

I don’t buy the exuse that the population will be too low for a second. The og halo 3 still has BOTH the skill ranks and party matchmaking enabled and it still worked flawlessly with a population a quarter of the size of MCC. The game will be in gold pass and a decent amount of people will be returning. This is the best time to enable i, if they wait the game population will naturally decrease and it’ll be a self fulfilling prophecy at that point.

Your rebuttals are circumstantial, I appreciate the responses but I’m relying the things I’ve experienced. If the game launches like this the community will deem it another failure. I never had an issue connecting or finding games in the first build with a much less player population. Games were dizzying fast, I couldn’t even get up to grab a drink.

I never requested party matchmaking in the test flights however if it’s not in the final the game will die another death. Players will not sit back and get clowned out by a team of four. People will quit, get banned and move on to other games. It’s simple logic. The skill based matching will be flawed because it wasn’t a fair and even playing field from the start. I personally don’t like searching in a squad because the competition is non existent, we usually back out of the lobby if it’s not a team because we have no interest 50-2 players who can’t even communicate. It’s not fun for us or people getting into the game for the first time.

I don’t buy the exuse that the population will be too low for a second. The og halo 3 still has BOTH the skill ranks and party matchmaking enabled and it still worked flawlessly with a population a quarter of the size of MCC. The game will be in gold pass and a decent amount of people will be returning. This is the best time to enable i, if they wait the game population will naturally decrease and it’ll be a self fulfilling prophecy at that point.
How do you even know what the exact population is on MCC? I get on OG Halo 3 and the population says there's like 22 people currently online.

Please refrain from arguing in this thread. We are trying to keep it to individual feedback if possible.
K Thx.
Seems like there is very low player population (even though there is a "play session" att). Open up the servers already! Feels like we're losing steam... Your going too slow 343. Games been out for 3 years! hurry it up already. People want to play with their friends, not randoms. Lets get this show on the road.
Also, lets remember Halo is grounded in "fair starts." Lets get party matching going along with that Matchmaking update you told us about in update #5.
It's a test flight. When they're ready to let others into the TEST FLIGHT, they'll do so.
You can't deny though that the game should have been fixed at this point. It's actually been 4 years. OP is right about party matchmaking. It's not fun getting stomped online.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 2 Anniversary
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Invisible chair hitboxes on Stonetown
  • REPRO STEPS: On the bottom of Active Camo tower, opposite of the Sniper Rifle, there exists two hitboxes for static chairs.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: Here is the error that's been there since launch. The Invisible Chairs
*edit* The clip is from main MCC and not Insider because XBox DVR couldn't retrieve my clip from MCC Insider. I had to do the next best thing.
trying to find a match in h2a but it just keeps searching and searching
I have been searching for an hour now (occasionally backing out and going back in) and I haven't found a single match
KirkyLAD96 wrote:
I have been searching for an hour now (occasionally backing out and going back in) and I haven't found a single match
I think the population is typically low during non-flight test windows. Better off going back to the regular game for now.
In the middle of a flight window at time of posting, not a game after an hour of searching. Matched quickly in Flights 1 & 2, using a wired connection, and I changed my region to the US to compensate for the time difference. Nothing.
H8TRFFC wrote:
In the middle of a flight window at time of posting, not a game after an hour of searching. Matched quickly in Flights 1 & 2, using a wired connection, and I changed my region to the US to compensate for the time difference. Nothing.
Same here. Bit of a bummer :(
H8TRFFC wrote:
Keep in mind Flight 3 is still in early access and this was just an updated playlist build.
H8TRFFC wrote:
Keep in mind Flight 3 is still in early access and this was just an updated playlist build.
Matching was lightning fast in both previous flights for me. Even if the flight hasn't gone out to everyone yet I'd imagine the performance shouldn't get worse than builds with less players participating.
H8TRFFC wrote:
H8TRFFC wrote:
Matching was lightning fast in both previous flights for me. Even if the flight hasn't gone out to everyone yet I'd imagine the performance shouldn't get worse than builds with less players participating.
Yeah it seems like something is messed up somewhere... There is no way the H3 4v4 playlist was more populated than the 2v2 playlist available now... 4 ppl is a quicker search time than 8 no matter how you slice it... I could get 4v4 games fast as hell in previous flights and now that 2v2 is almost impossible to find a game tells me that something is messed up... (most likely the intelligent delivery everyone tried out)

I should clarify, I know TS (4v4) is usually more popular and therefore probably more populated than 2v2, but 2v2 should be almost instantaneous matching since it requires less people... And I'm not finding anything ever... I really hope its only population at this point and not a bug.

Actually what am I saying? Hope its not population! Bring Halo back!
H8TRFFC wrote:
H8TRFFC wrote:
Yeah it seems like something is messed up somewhere... There is no way the H3 4v4 playlist was more populated than the 2v2 playlist available now... 4 ppl is a quicker search time than 8 no matter how you slice it... I could get 4v4 games fast as hell in previous flights and now that 2v2 is almost impossible to find a game tells me that something is messed up... (most likely the intelligent delivery everyone tried out)

I should clarify, I know TS (4v4) is usually more popular and therefore probably more populated than 2v2, but 2v2 should be almost instantaneous matching since it requires less people... And I'm not finding anything ever... I really hope its only population at this point and not a bug.

Actually what am I saying? Hope its not population! Bring Halo back!
Hopefully it's just something wrong with the build! I love the campaigns, but I've played them to death. I don't quite feel like testing those, atleast without a testing goal, lol.

It is a test so issues can be expected, of course.

Hopefully I can run into some of you online this weekend!
Can't find any h3 doubles games at all. Not within the flight time, however you might think there would be 3 more desperate souls out there trying to play a better mcc.
Are the flights still happening today? I have the correct version downloaded and still cant find any matches ever. I live in the USA so there should be other people on.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. 10
  7. ...
  8. 11